Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Malkevin

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Malkevin » #99052

Bottom post of the previous page:

Laser tag guns and foam dart bows (and now shotguns etc) and cap guns and toy eswords, and the asshats that think its funny shooting them at amped up PTSD suffering security officers :(
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #99056

I saw a guy who threatened the captain with a foam armblade and got all access. Glorious.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99060

Malkevin wrote:Laser tag guns and foam dart bows (and now shotguns etc) and cap guns and toy eswords, and the asshats that think its funny shooting them at amped up PTSD suffering security officers :(
One of my favourite things as mime is to stab an officer with a normal pen, slip them on soap, then pull out a double-rainbow toy esword.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #99777

People who give Silicons obnoxious orders, like count all the floor tiles on the station or you may not use vowels when speaking. And you can't really do much as a Silicon except try to tell them that order is ridiculous without breaking your laws. I know SIlicon policy says you shouldn't have to follow those orders but good fucking luck trying to tell them that before the inevitable "AI ROGUE" and some asshat in Science blowing your borgs without knowing the context

Or, more metastation related, people showing up at the AI satellite because "comms were down for too long" (especially when a Ionospheric Command Report is created).
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99791

Just make a number up.

If they question the number tell them they're free to count the things themselves if they don't believe you.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #99957

Anonmare wrote:People who give Silicons obnoxious orders, like count all the floor tiles on the station or you may not use vowels when speaking. And you can't really do much as a Silicon except try to tell them that order is ridiculous without breaking your laws. I know SIlicon policy says you shouldn't have to follow those orders but good fucking luck trying to tell them that before the inevitable "AI ROGUE" and some asshat in Science blowing your borgs without knowing the context

Or, more metastation related, people showing up at the AI satellite because "comms were down for too long" (especially when a Ionospheric Command Report is created).
1) Hit the adminhelp button. That's breaking rule 1 and also murder.

2) They show up on the metasat because that's where the telecomms are. Why wouldn't they show up there to check someone didn't diddle the machines, especially when there's been an ion storm (Which is the perfect excuse for an AI to turn the APC off midway through)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #99963

I'm always annoyed when science decides to dismantle the pretty useful teleporter for some quick science boost and never ever bother to repair it afterwards.
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #99964

People who act entitled to extra access every round, and scream at me/ fuck with me after I don't give it straight away, be it the clown or a head. I go out of the line and make those fucks do paperwork to get their fucking access.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #100010

People who steal items from corpses, areas they get extra access to, or areas they just break into and then say "it's not theft, I found it".

Giving yourself armoury access doesn't mean you're not looting the armoury, HOPs. Same goes for everyone that nicks the Hand Teleporter after the AI lets them into that room. You can still commit theft even if you have roundstart access: Space Law isn't 'finders keepers'.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100012

Space Law isn't relevant, either, nor is it to be enforced too strictly.

Although I do admit armoury-looting HoPs are the worst shit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100013

DemonFiren wrote:Space Law isn't relevant, either, nor is it to be enforced too strictly.

Although I do admit armoury-looting HoPs are the worst shit.
Space Law is enforced as strictly as you like and is totally relevant, it's just that everyone will call you a shitlord.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100051

Anonmare wrote:People who give Silicons obnoxious orders, like count all the floor tiles on the station or you may not use vowels when speaking. And you can't really do much as a Silicon except try to tell them that order is ridiculous without breaking your laws. I know SIlicon policy says you shouldn't have to follow those orders but good fucking luck trying to tell them that before the inevitable "AI ROGUE" and some asshat in Science blowing your borgs without knowing the context
one time when someone asked me this, I counted the rough dimensions of the station (150x150 or so), then estimated that about 1/3rd of that had tiles, then multiplied that number by 4 because every tile looks like 4 smaller tiles and made that my final answer

when they asked me if I was sure it was right, I told them they were free to recount it themselves
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #100484

science personnel who, after a single count of a totally unexplained "rogue borgs!" decide to detonate them all

god fucking damn, STOP

the brains are fucking untrackable you little shits they might never be recovered

STOP
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #100511

EmGee wrote:People who act entitled to extra access every round, and scream at me/ fuck with me after I don't give it straight away, be it the clown or a head. I go out of the line and make those fucks do paperwork to get their fucking access.
I once late joined as a CE with only one engineer at the time. The engineer set the singularity up by himself right before i arrived. He went to the HOP demanding full access for "setting up the singularity all by himself". I denied it seen as that is literally not impressive in any way, but the HOP continued anyway (despite the fact i have more say over an engineer than the HOP does seeing as we are equal ranks and i am the HEAD OF ENGINEERING). With full access he basically be's the biggest shit dick he can be, constantly going to head's consoles and announcing shit over them. I managed to wrangle away his ID from him at the request of security (why they couldn't do it, i have no fucking clue) and the HOP continued to give him new full access IDs. Every time i tried to explain to him that, "Setting up singulo by yourself isn't impressive, we've all done it a million times", he always answered with a sarcastic, "neat, i did it by myself so i deserve full access" He was then given a laser gun and a stun baton and the HOP's megaphone. I was pretty damn salty that round.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #100523

AIs that play the LAW 1 card every time and in every way possible to be a cunt and invalidate your orders.
Whenever I hear AIs say the words 'PREVENT HARM', I die a little inside. The word 'inaction' does not obligate you to prevent some vaguely possible future harm. It means not letting a human be consumed by approaching fire when you could open an escape route.
Even if the captain is grabbing his antique, unless he is immediately going to harm somebody with it, you unbolt his office should he ask. If he kills the clown with it five minutes later, it's not your fault.
Or for the really dumb people:
See harm?
> Y: Take action.
> N: Is there an immediate potential for harm (bloodied dude with eswords wants a door open)?
>> Y: Take action.
>> N: Shut the fuck up.

Also, heads other than HoS that must get their 'RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH' on and get insanely butthurt when you don't play along.
' I will demote you. You didn't report in! ' Wut. :lol:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100648

Conversely, people who don't respect the non-HOS head's authority, and act like they're just some assistant the clown dragged in.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100658

Wait, the RD and CMO have authority?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #100709

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Conversely, people who don't respect the non-HOS head's authority, and act like they're just some assistant the clown dragged in.
You just have to find nice spot between Adolf and Ghandi as a head.
Other than for security, you do not really need a team captain (or führer) to make the department work. Make your department communicate, coordinate it if it needs coordination and (OH SHIT) say please if necessary. As CMO, CE and RD you have little to no authority - don't become 'THAT tosser with the tele-baton' because you think you're commanding space muhreens... you're just shepherding a bunch of civvies, making sure your department is not at fault when the station goes down.
Solarn
Byond Username: Solarn

Post by Solarn » #100726

DemonFiren wrote:Wait, the RD and CMO have authority?
Theoretically yes. In practice, the RD sometimes does because of his access to cool toys and ability to deal with a rogue AI. The CMO, however, is just a doctor with a few upgrades.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #100731

CMO has the ability to open virus crates and is a guaranteed defib. He also has a cat. (!!!)
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100736

newfren wrote:CMO has the ability to open virus crates and is a guaranteed defib. He also has a cat. (!!!)
I've heard of worse political systems than Felinocracy
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100761

You are a heretic, Dorsi, and are to be tried before Lisa, Ian and Renault.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #100853

When the population reaches 50+ (read:always) on Sybil. 50+ and things start to get too hectic on box for me. Basil can fuck off because Meta is shit - I dont like change and I cba to learn where everything is etc because I will be at a disadvantage if I ever get antag (read:never) or to people who are antags.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100866

>meta is shit

Leave, heretic.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #100981

if you dont want to play on a new map because "m-muh powergaming!!!" youre a shitlord
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #101026

That's not the sole reason I don't want to play it. Though despite all this I have actually been playing it. It's alright , but Box is so classic.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102737

Malkevin wrote:Laser tag guns and foam dart bows (and now shotguns etc) and cap guns and toy eswords, and the asshats that think its funny shooting them at amped up PTSD suffering security officers :(
Even worse now considering dirty traitors can buy foam guns that fire stunning riot darts...
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102815

Malkevin wrote:
Even worse now considering dirty traitors can buy foam guns that fire stunning riot darts...
And that you can (probbably) insert parapens into foam darts
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #102856

Zaffre wrote:That's not the sole reason I don't want to play it. Though despite all this I have actually been playing it. It's alright , but Box is so classic.
eh, i used to really dislike box but since the maint changes i actually like box. meta would be better with more people, imo.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #102892

Geneticists who hand out powers willy nilly. No, the Clown does not need Hulk, TK and X-ray and neither does Urist McGreyshirt. I mean, cold resistance is perfectly fine to hand out, you can't really abuse it all that much but TK and X-ray (let alone Hulk) is asking for trouble.
On that topic, Virologists releasing a DNA Aide virus. The only legitimate and useful thing I've gotten out of DNA Aide is to give it to a Geneticist to find all the superpower blocks quicker
Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #102937

Miauw wrote:
Zaffre wrote:That's not the sole reason I don't want to play it. Though despite all this I have actually been playing it. It's alright , but Box is so classic.
eh, i used to really dislike box but since the maint changes i actually like box. meta would be better with more people, imo.
Yeah, Basil needs the population of Sybil and Sybil needs Basils pop at peak times. I think 40 - 60 is alright for Meta and 30 - 50 is good for Box. Though I do prefer lower population rounds.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #103024

Anonmare wrote:Geneticists who hand out powers willy nilly. No, the Clown does not need Hulk, TK and X-ray and neither does Urist McGreyshirt. I mean, cold resistance is perfectly fine to hand out, you can't really abuse it all that much but TK and X-ray (let alone Hulk) is asking for trouble.
On that topic, Virologists releasing a DNA Aide virus. The only legitimate and useful thing I've gotten out of DNA Aide is to give it to a Geneticist to find all the superpower blocks quicker
DAA is such a stupid symptom to release, basically all it does is let prisoners escape from the brig or fuck over security by hulking them when they want to tase someone.
SkipsPro
Byond Username: SkipsPro

Post by SkipsPro » #104673

when HoPs/captains refuse to give you access to make a singularity or supermatter engine in cargo. I swear anyone that does this had some degree of autism. What is the consequence for doing this? It's fun, it's a videogame, you're following these arbitrary station "rules" that are there for IC reasons. I understand arresting for murder or not giving someone access to armory, but you're letting the IC get in the way of the OOC fun. Why is it so bad if the singularity goes disastrously wrong or if the supermatter engine kills everyone in cargo? Sure it's bad from an IC standpoint, but cmon, it's fun and hilarious in the real world, playing a videogame and seeing shit go way south. It's entertaining and diffrent from being a nontang doing the same shit every round. HoPs and captains that do this cannot distinguish reality from fantasy, and that's a sign of being a fucking aspie. Don't be the guy that doesn't give access like this please. In fact this doesnt just apply to cargo wanting to make an engine, this also applies to anyone who let's things IC get in the way of having fun. Like actual OOC fun.

Edit: would also like to say that I'm not TRYING to get everything to fuck up, I'm just saying if everything DID fuck up, it would be entertaining. Also theres no downside to having a singularity in cargo besides the inability to receive crates which no one ever cares about anyways after the first 15 minutes.
fuck
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104681

You're getting mad at HoPs/Caps that are actually smart???

Fucking hell, the singulo in engineering is pre-setup to be retard proof yet escapes near all the time.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #104684

>there is IC reasoning to let a bunch of crate pushers and rock bashers try and create, contain, and harvest energy from a black hole engine

That is possibly one of the most legendarily retarded things I have ever heard

I wouldn't trust the average Cargo player near an emitter, much less a proper engine setup. HoPs/Captains who stop you from doing this just want to prevent the inevitable collapse of the field/crystal delimination.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104686

Good thing this is "light" "rp" right
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104698

I can set up and run a functioning supermatter engine as atmospheric tech, and I've done so twice. Same - and much, much more often - for the Singularity, courtesy of Basilpop.

What's to stop me from setting up and running a functioning power source as QM, or chaplain, or lawyer?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #104700

DemonFiren wrote:I can set up and run a functioning supermatter engine as atmospheric tech, and I've done so twice. Same - and much, much more often - for the Singularity, courtesy of Basilpop.

What's to stop me from setting up and running a functioning power source as QM, or chaplain, or lawyer?
sec.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104701

>implying security can stop even the greenest of greyshits

Besides, I usually get my paperwork for that stuff. RP!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #104702

I have never seen a successful supermatter shard setup. What I have seen in over a dozen containment failures and lots of deaths. The singulo and the supermatter shard are the most dangerous things on the station, of course sec and command if gonna freak out when random people start fucking around with them

Like that's not even "muh regulations", that's keeping the station from another untimely, laggy death ten minutes in
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104705

's kinda chill that the HoP gave me all-access so I could do my shard setup and the Captain did not confiscate my shit immediately, though.
Or ever.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104723

But that was on basil, no one gives a fuck about basil.

The 6 people on it are glad the shuttle is called as it gives the illusion that something happened that round.

On the real server, if you cock up the containment on the singulo or super matter you're fucking up the round for 50+ people
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104733

Well, the reason it wouldn't work on Sybil is because of all the shitters and comdoms :^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
SkipsPro
Byond Username: SkipsPro

Post by SkipsPro » #104896

Scones wrote:>there is IC reasoning to let a bunch of crate pushers and rock bashers try and create, contain, and harvest energy from a black hole engine

That is possibly one of the most legendarily retarded things I have ever heard

I wouldn't trust the average Cargo player near an emitter, much less a proper engine setup. HoPs/Captains who stop you from doing this just want to prevent the inevitable collapse of the field/crystal delimination.
I just think it's more fun to let people do the stupid ideas they have, regardless of what happens, simply because I think it's more fun that way. I just cant see how a changeup of having something super dangerous in the cargo bay instead of the usual antags isn't less fun.
fuck
Scones

Post by Scones » #104927

People who scream "HELP" when being arrested

Antag sec does not exist you piece of fucking trash we're arresting you because you are causing problems godammit

One thing I love, however, is lizards screaming AI HARM. Makes me laugh every time. More lizard revheads please!
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #104934

Or "HALP SEC MURDERIN ME," when you're trying to ask them questions. Fuckin grayshirts.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #105004

Mister_Doc wrote:
Or "HALP SEC MURDERIN ME," when you're trying to ask them questions. Fuckin grayshirts.
I would be very happy if any false claims as to what sec are doing when they arrest you for being shit were taken as a greenlight to make those claims no longer false or something
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #105041

Screemonster wrote:
Mister_Doc wrote:
I would be very happy if any false claims as to what sec are doing when they arrest you for being shit were taken as a greenlight to make those claims no longer false or something
Oh my god

yes
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #105059

Mister_Doc wrote:
Or when they try to get the AI involved. When that happens, their headset is gone immediately and they earn an additional 3 minutes on their sentence. Being a salty bitch is one thing, attempting to make what is functionally god fuck with sec is another. If you try it, I will give you the full shitcurity experience.
Scones

Post by Scones » #105095

AI HARM
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #105106

Alternatively, I hate it when people go braindead because they were going to get brigged for three minutes.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer