This is bait.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Weepo » #247591

DON'T CALL IT EVERYTHINGS FINE *has personally executed five people for attempting to call the shuttle, shuffles through the corridors trying to ignore the blood and bodies, impervious to the ghosts screaming death threats.*
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #247604

*library gets bombed* CALL THE SHUTTLE THE STATION IS IN CHAOS
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #247605

fuck you books are important

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #247739

I really hate when I'm taking a drink and I jerk off and I wipe it off in the cup and I go to take a drink and there's a LITTLE SOMETHIN' EXTRA
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #247742

Weepo wrote:DON'T CALL IT EVERYTHINGS FINE *has personally executed five people for attempting to call the shuttle, shuffles through the corridors trying to ignore the blood and bodies, impervious to the ghosts screaming death threats.*
I usually execute people for recalling. I'd only execute for calling if the person's a nonhead. Who even does that shit?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #247815

danno wrote:I really hate when I'm taking a drink and I jerk off and I wipe it off in the cup and I go to take a drink and there's a LITTLE SOMETHIN' EXTRA
Every one of your posts is like a little nugget of knowledge.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #247817

Doctor Pork wrote:
danno wrote:I really hate when I'm taking a drink and I jerk off and I wipe it off in the cup and I go to take a drink and there's a LITTLE SOMETHIN' EXTRA
Except for the STUPID FUCKING SHIT HE ATE THREAD I FUCKING HATE THAT THREAD
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #247818

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
same
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #247819

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
same
Same
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #247831

D&B wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
same
Same
Same.
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #247833

Can we stop giving special snowflake tc trades to zoey webb? Firecage is already the horrible cthulhu lurking beneath the grey tide and helping them out literally every antagonist round is starting to get old.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #247857

Its been a while since this post was made.

Fuck non-medbay staff pulling patients away from and past actual medbay staff. 90% of these people have no idea how medbay works and will stuff somebody straight into cryo who doesn't belong there or stuff them into a sleeper and mash every button and think they are smart for it. Just stop. This isn't even the sort of autismal "reeee get out of my treehouse" shit. Its really frustrating trying to do the job properly when every random thinks he knows better than the doctor standing over the patient.

That goes for the borgs too. If you're pulling a crit person away from a doctor or chemist and that doctor/chemist isn't the actual person who put the patient into crit in the first place, fuck off. Dragging them away is a brilliant way to cause human harm. When that doctor/chemist tells you "I've got this borg, fuck off." Do it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #247858

This is why Medical has a syringe gun.

Should I ever end up as medical department sec, though, I'll make sure that anyone pulling this gets a faceful of zap.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #247861

DemonFiren wrote:This is why Medical has a syringe gun.

Should I ever end up as medical department sec, though, I'll make sure that anyone pulling this gets a faceful of zap.
As a sometimes medic I thank you for that.

To be on topic, medical personnel dragging people who are dead away from medics who have defibs.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
danno

Post by danno » #247862

Weepo wrote:Can we stop giving special snowflake tc trades to zoey webb? Firecage is already the horrible cthulhu lurking beneath the grey tide and helping them out literally every antagonist round is starting to get old.
tbt firecage asking sawrge for a tc trade and sawrge telling them they could only have burgers for it

sawrge i know ur reading this post the logs
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #247892

cedarbridge wrote:Its been a while since this post was made.

Fuck non-medbay staff pulling patients away from and past actual medbay staff. 90% of these people have no idea how medbay works and will stuff somebody straight into cryo who doesn't belong there or stuff them into a sleeper and mash every button and think they are smart for it. Just stop. This isn't even the sort of autismal "reeee get out of my treehouse" shit. Its really frustrating trying to do the job properly when every random thinks he knows better than the doctor standing over the patient.

That goes for the borgs too. If you're pulling a crit person away from a doctor or chemist and that doctor/chemist isn't the actual person who put the patient into crit in the first place, fuck off. Dragging them away is a brilliant way to cause human harm. When that doctor/chemist tells you "I've got this borg, fuck off." Do it.
To be fair to borgs, they do have their laws which require them to get critical condition Humans stable ASAP, especially when their healthbar on the medHUD is flashing faster than the time it takes danno to cum.
What really annoys me is people using the medkits, especially since chemists never make refills for them.

Also people who smash windows since I think I am the only person who even bothers to fix windows.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #247896

danno wrote:
Weepo wrote:Can we stop giving special snowflake tc trades to zoey webb? Firecage is already the horrible cthulhu lurking beneath the grey tide and helping them out literally every antagonist round is starting to get old.
tbt firecage asking sawrge for a tc trade and sawrge telling them they could only have burgers for it

sawrge i know ur reading this post the logs
http://pastebin.com/cTVMSv8v
i gotchu my friend, i have it bookmarked
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #247958

Anonmare wrote:

To be fair to borgs, they do have their laws which require them to get critical condition Humans stable ASAP, especially when their healthbar on the medHUD is flashing faster than the time it takes danno to cum.
What really annoys me is people using the medkits, especially since chemists never make refills for them.

Also people who smash windows since I think I am the only person who even bothers to fix windows.
>now force feeding/applying super ERT chem/stabilizer
>beep boop better grab him and put him in the cyro tube before he dies
>dies in the tube because he wasn't stabilized first but the borg doesn't know anything other than flashing health bars

Nah, if the borg is pulling somebody away from active treatment by a medic, he might as well be pulling them out of medbay.
danno

Post by danno » #248052

Armhulen wrote: http://pastebin.com/cTVMSv8v
i gotchu my friend, i have it bookmarked
solid gold
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #248056

firecage actually impossible to respect confirmed
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #248064

XDTM wrote:People who do xenobiology manually. I'm waiting for that sweet green slime juice and they've barely got metal while being abused by monkeys. WHY WOULD YOU EVER NOT USE THE MACHINE THAT TELEPORTS SLIMES AND MONKEYS AROUND
That said, if you have a monkey machine upgraded with at least pico-tier, it's by far more efficient to manually grab the monkies and recycle them. (2:3). I like to duo xenobio with either another scientist, or rarely, legitmately get an assistant to help with monkey collection.

To keep on topic, scientists that insist on doing "xenobio 110% mine no fuck you I'm doing it alone, goodbye."
Motherfucker, there's TWO CONSOLES HERE FOR A REASON. WHY ARE YOU HOARDING THE CUBES AAAAAAAH.
ImageImageImage
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #248073

MimicFaux wrote:
XDTM wrote:People who do xenobiology manually. I'm waiting for that sweet green slime juice and they've barely got metal while being abused by monkeys. WHY WOULD YOU EVER NOT USE THE MACHINE THAT TELEPORTS SLIMES AND MONKEYS AROUND
That said, if you have a monkey machine upgraded with at least pico-tier, it's by far more efficient to manually grab the monkies and recycle them. (2:3). I like to duo xenobio with either another scientist, or rarely, legitmately get an assistant to help with monkey collection.

To keep on topic, scientists that insist on doing "xenobio 110% mine no fuck you I'm doing it alone, goodbye."
Motherfucker, there's TWO CONSOLES HERE FOR A REASON. WHY ARE YOU HOARDING THE CUBES AAAAAAAH.
I'm of two minds about the last part; on the one hand Xenobio genuinely feels like a very single man, single goal job; and with how hectic how fast some rounds become it is the sort of job where it is best to pick a goal (slime people/meme transformations, or gold slime minion summons) and maximise that, than it does to have two people work towards two different goals.

On the other hand I'm talking out my arse and am autistically protective of muh loner job role.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #248081

MimicFaux wrote:

If you have super bins you can get 54 cubes from six grey slimes, which you should get in a generation or two, and will sustain you for most of the round. The monkey recycler is pretty much a waste of time imo.

Also the issue to two-man xenobio is actually pen storage rather than cubes. A solution to that is splitting the pens with glass panes; as long as they're screwed down, slimes won't break or push them and you have double the pens, since you don't actually need to walk into them. You can also make sections of the large pen, or the corridor in the middle. Once you use glass panes, pens are everywhere.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #248089

conversely, med docs who believe they are competent but are not.
>have patient with 120 oxyloss and 30 brute
>doc sees that theyre in crit and steals them from you an inch away from the sleeper and begins to cryo them
WHAT ARE YA DOIN
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #248128

As one of, if not the most frequent medical players, I can confirm everything that has been said about the medbay in the last page.

I took a long break from SS13 of several months recently; when I came back for games on two days this week, I had patients pulled from my grip and dying within three rounds.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #248138

PKPenguin321 wrote:

conversely, med docs who believe they are competent but are not.
>have patient with 120 oxyloss and 30 brute
>doc sees that theyre in crit and steals them from you an inch away from the sleeper and begins to cryo them
WHAT ARE YA DOIN
I've had to neurotox/zombie/beepsky my own medics at least once for that shit. Retards anyone in crit goes to cryo then act surprised when they die. Bonus points if its tox damage.
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #248208

I know this is pretty much a dead horse but the unaccountable sec team are literally nothing but machines for ruining the game. Sure its cute / funny to play nazis with a bunch of redshirts but the admins don't seem to realize there's people behind those little 2d spacemens and those people aren't having fun by getting their agency yanked away so some redshirt can get his cock hard. Maybe next time someone adminhelps while getting arrested you should actually look at what the sec officer / the player did before hand? Maybe try not just saying 'we'll look into it' and than not doing that. Maybe if there is a legitimate complaint actually save the person who has been bucklecuffed in perma for loitering? I don't care if you gave mister redshirt a nasty bwoink and made him feel a little sheepish if I'm locked in the no fun box.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #248266

Weepo wrote:I know this is pretty much a dead horse but the unaccountable sec team are literally nothing but machines for ruining the game. Sure its cute / funny to play nazis with a bunch of redshirts but the admins don't seem to realize there's people behind those little 2d spacemens and those people aren't having fun by getting their agency yanked away so some redshirt can get his cock hard. Maybe next time someone adminhelps while getting arrested you should actually look at what the sec officer / the player did before hand? Maybe try not just saying 'we'll look into it' and than not doing that. Maybe if there is a legitimate complaint actually save the person who has been bucklecuffed in perma for loitering? I don't care if you gave mister redshirt a nasty bwoink and made him feel a little sheepish if I'm locked in the no fun box.
Its hard to tell what you're asking for here. Do you just want sec to be banned for arresting you? I'm being sincere because this just kinda rambles and leads me to that conclusion.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #248267

Weepo just sounds hella salty.

On topic: Lawyers who never lawyer anything. Host a mock trial or just talk with sec about prisoners being shits or something.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #248370

O2 lockers in external airlocks that aren't anchored down.
More a map peeve but it makes me wanna die.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #248395

Anonmare wrote:O2 lockers in external airlocks that aren't anchored down.
More a map peeve but it makes me wanna die.
A relic of pre-fastmos. Apparently those special airlock tiles are supposed to help with that but its not 100%
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #248660

cedarbridge wrote: Its hard to tell what you're asking for here. Do you just want sec to be banned for arresting you? I'm being sincere because this just kinda rambles and leads me to that conclusion.
you sincerely can't read, I want sec to be accountable for being shit. Because when sec is shit they fuck up rounds for other people.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #248701

Weepo wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: Its hard to tell what you're asking for here. Do you just want sec to be banned for arresting you? I'm being sincere because this just kinda rambles and leads me to that conclusion.
you sincerely can't read, I want sec to be accountable for being shit. Because when sec is shit they fuck up rounds for other people.
Pet Peeve: Talking about accountability without giving any indication what it would actually look like in practice.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #248720

Weepo wrote:
This means nothing

What do you define as something sec needs to be held accountable for? What does "held accountable" imply for the person in question? Is context relevant? Does the user's past behaviour affect the punishment?
Limey wrote:its too late.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #248722

:wetfloorsign: The only way you could make sec accountable would be for nonantags to similarly be accountable and banneable for fucking with sec just because. That or a massive revamp of the rules were murder is not acceptable escelation.

I.E. nothing the community or staff would be willing to go through or even viable in most situations.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #248802

Davidchan wrote::wetfloorsign: The only way you could make sec accountable would be for nonantags to similarly be accountable and banneable for fucking with sec just because. That or a massive revamp of the rules were murder is not acceptable escelation.

I.E. nothing the community or staff would be willing to go through or even viable in most situations.
Glad someone is thinking from this standpoint. The concept is inherently flawed, and it's a lot easier for everyone if admins continue to handle it on a case by case basis.

I'm curious if weepo ahelps when he sees what he considers shitsec acting poorly. That ban I handed out actually prompted some discussion about speaking to players more often about what is considered poor behaviour, and that's not something that can happen if we aren't aware of WHEN the bad shit happens.

I'm not trying to be snide towards anyone in particular, I just think this entire idea was born from the sodium of a round and was not considered beyond "fucking shitcurity" - there's too many holes
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #248988

> It's an "Moron gets captain's access, thinks it makes him the captain now" episode
> Bonus points if they stole it from captain's office roundstart
> Bonus pointsX2 if they stole it from the captain's still warm body in genetics
> Bonus points if it's a lizard or Zoey Webb.
> Bonus pointsX3 if they are screaming "SEC ROGUE, ATTACKING THE CAPTAIN" as they are getting batoned.
Last edited by InsaneHyena on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back papercult.

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #248996

I dunno man I think I'd rank stole from captain's body as x4 and SEC ROGUE as x2
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #249076

InsaneHyena wrote:> It's an "Moron gets captain's access, thinks it makes him the captain now" episode
> Bonus points if they stole it from captain's office roundstart
> Bonus pointsX2 if they stole it from the captain's still warm body in genetics
> Bonus points if it's a lizard or Zoey Webb.
> Bonus pointsX3 if they are screaming "SEC ROGUE, ATTACKING THE CAPTAIN" as they are getting batoned.
see, that's why I always run straight for the nearest ID computer and make backup IDs
also change the job on my all-access card to what i'm dressed up as

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Weepo

Post by Weepo » #249083

Qbopper wrote:
Davidchan wrote::wetfloorsign: The only way you could make sec accountable would be for nonantags to similarly be accountable and banneable for fucking with sec just because. That or a massive revamp of the rules were murder is not acceptable escelation.

Glad someone is thinking from this standpoint. The concept is inherently flawed, and it's a lot easier for everyone if admins continue to handle it on a case by case basis.

I'm curious if weepo ahelps when he sees what he considers shitsec acting poorly. That ban I handed out actually prompted some discussion about speaking to players more often about what is considered poor behaviour, and that's not something that can happen if we aren't aware of WHEN the bad shit happens.

I'm not trying to be snide towards anyone in particular, I just think this entire idea was born from the sodium of a round and was not considered beyond "fucking shitcurity" - there's too many holes
I got thrown into the gulag for holding a beartrap near a HoS so he could steal my chaplain sword and shard, he went on to shard someone.

Now I'm all for making policies about not fucking with sec and vice versa or 'if you fuck with cops prepare to win The Prize'. But I don't consider what I did 'fucking with security' more as 'being present while security was looking for a reason to fuck with someone' and what I got was my round ended out of hand and without discussion or a spoken word.

So I am salty and blah blah memes but I will say... that shits a peeve. And doubly a peeve when the admins say: 'We'll look into it' when what they really mean is 'we'll bwoink the guy, listen to his excuse, possibly even take action. But your round is fucking over regardless'
DemonFiren wrote: see, that's why I always run straight for the nearest ID computer and make backup IDs
also change the job on my all-access card to what i'm dressed up as
My pro tip is: Steal a wallet, keep a spare captain ID or captain level ID in your wallet and change your ID to captain access Janitor or whatever so that even if the cops find out you're using your all access and confiscate it, they'll take the decoy all access and leave you your original. Or at least thats the theory if you don't encounter Shitcurity, which is more than a meme word. Its really real.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #249084

I just hide the backup IDs.
There's plenty of places to do so.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #249091

weepo you may be retarded but that is genius
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #249094

Keeping anything beyond your pants AND not being in the permabrig after being caught with all access is a pretty big assumption.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #249097

Where the fuck do you think I hide my shit if I feel there's any chance of getting caught?
Box and Meta perma have really ridiculous blind spots. Meta's less so than Box's, but eh.

As it stands, though, usually sec nods and says "eh don't fuck around".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #249115

this is why we need sec borgs to follow a different set of laws than sec because shitcurity is a real thing

who do i publicly oust for removing sec borgs again?
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #249140

Weepo wrote:So I am salty and blah blah memes but I will say... that shits a peeve. And doubly a peeve when the admins say: 'We'll look into it' when what they really mean is 'we'll bwoink the guy, listen to his excuse, possibly even take action. But your round is fucking over regardless'
No offense, but what do you want? After that ban I made I'm making an effort to actively warn people ahead of time for poor behaviour, if it gets out of hand I want to start handing out bans to shitty players, but do you just expect people to revive you because you got meme'd by a shitty sec player? If we did that someone else would ask for it too, and then where is the line drawn

It sucks to get killed, especially by shitty sec players, but like the rules say - sometimes it just happens, and all you can really do is either play a ghost role, hope you get cloned, or back away from the game a bit

It's going to be impossible to ever remove 100% of shitty people doing shitty things - the admins might try (even if you disagree and feel some/most/all aren't), but it's just going to happen.
dannnnnnnnnnnnnno
Byond Username: RussellTalbott

Post by dannnnnnnnnnnnnno » #249244

people who dont
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #249245

The one time I've offered revives to somebody who believed they were killed wrongly was when a Russian joined our server and on his first connection he murdered like 4 people with the fire axe as an atmos tech because "lol screw u Americans" which is pretty blatant fucking grief
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #249272

miners not waiting for other miners to launch the shuttle, especially at roundstart, and especially especially if they didnt even bother to grab the free silver before launching within 10 seconds of spawning