Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Sandshark808 » #520585

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cargo will bitch and moan about shitsec if you stop them from owning infinity nuclear weapons. Then, when you come to take them, they'll murder you and the admins will call it an IC issue. Why bother? They usually don't kill anyone anyway.
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #520601

i hate the escalation policy
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #520658

Sec officers actually stealing legal stuff from prisoners for actually no good reason
Shitsec once stole my emergency oxygen tank because "I NEED IT"

Retards that steal my gloves
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
OnlineGirlfriend
Byond Username: Countrygal68

Post by OnlineGirlfriend » #528900

People not using their department headsets.
Clowns and mimes griefing, it just gets old. I like when a clown or mime at least has a distinct gimmick.
People bitching about getting outrolled, it's a bummer but also I do not care.
Seriously, people not using their department headsets...
|||||||
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #528906

Nothing sucks more than when you need to put somebody out and can't because some genius ran off with all the hallway fire extinguishers gear roundstart and left them lying empty in the hallway.

For the love of Pete, the emergency cabinets are there for a reason.
► Show Spoiler
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #532882

instrument thieves, especially when I have musician quirk
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #532937

Slowdown from lockers

Crates don't slowdown but they can't be made with metal and it's harder to move a dead body around some fucking memelord running up to you, walking into you and stealing your locker by pushing it just for shits and giggles.

People opening lockers and crates in general, I was moving a supermatter crate shard through the hallway to engineering one time and the HoP (in the most braindead move I have ever seen) unlocks and opens the shard crate and walks into it. This was under the old radiation system too so I immediately got perma-stunned by radiation, and everyone who was within eyeball distance also got stunned, we eventually died from radiation/the SM explosion.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #532940

33 fucking morgue trays on meta and 6 genetics consoles in exchange for the EXPERIMENTOR. not a good trade IMO
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #532955

Anonmare wrote:Slowdown from lockers

Crates don't slowdown but they can't be made with metal and it's harder to move a dead body around some fucking memelord running up to you, walking into you and stealing your locker by pushing it just for shits and giggles.

People opening lockers and crates in general, I was moving a supermatter crate shard through the hallway to engineering one time and the HoP (in the most braindead move I have ever seen) unlocks and opens the shard crate and walks into it. This was under the old radiation system too so I immediately got perma-stunned by radiation, and everyone who was within eyeball distance also got stunned, we eventually died from radiation/the SM explosion.
oh holy fuck this

I remember back in the days before the ore redemption machine and we had to actually deliver mats to research personally and disposals was broken so I, a miner, just decided to drag a crate there and people just could not keep their fucking hands off it
not even stealing it, just clicking the crate to open it because they were curious what was in it like gee I wonder what could possibly be in that crate that a miner is dragging towards research
Analbifida
Byond Username: Analbifida

Post by Analbifida » #532968

Farquaar wrote:Nothing sucks more than when you need to put somebody out and can't because some genius ran off with all the hallway fire extinguishers gear roundstart and left them lying empty in the hallway.

For the love of Pete, the emergency cabinets are there for a reason.
Slipping people is more important than putting out fires.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #533001

When I spend 5 minutes bringing someone back to life and they're AFK
[this space reserved]
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #533035

Feels like the new genetics and experimentor rejiggering was sloppy. The BEPIS was shoved into a corner of the oversized firing range room, and the ScienceDrobe vendor is gone.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #533547

Screemonster wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Slowdown from lockers

oh holy fuck this

I remember back in the days before the ore redemption machine and we had to actually deliver mats to research personally and disposals was broken so I, a miner, just decided to drag a crate there and people just could not keep their fucking hands off it
not even stealing it, just clicking the crate to open it because they were curious what was in it like gee I wonder what could possibly be in that crate that a miner is dragging towards research
Stealing a miner's locker of minerals was a murder worthy action. The handful of times I had to kill some assclown who wanted to take my haul and use it to plaster statues through the halls, I never got a bwoink for hurling them out into space after I bayoneted them vigorously. While the silo system is pretty nice, I wish cargo had the ability to distribute the minerals around, instead of everyone just drawing from the same pool. Sometimes you need to punish Robotics for researching combat mechs before getting miners their NV mesons, or worse, their fucking tools.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #535538

xenobiologists who kill the last slime of any color

xenobiologists who dont recycle monkeys

xenobiologists who have adult and baby slimes in the same pens

xenobiologists who arent me
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597852

When doctors ignore the chemfridge that you stocked with pure, intricately crafted medicines and just barge into your lab to make it themselves.

It's even worse when you explicitly tell the medical staff repeatedly about the medicine stockpile you're providing for them, and update them the medicines you're making, and it all falls on deaf ears.

The fridge has all the pentetic, oculine, inascutiate, and synthflesh you could ever want or need, my guy. All you have to do is pay attention. Not every chemist dumps medicine on the medical lobby floor like an animal.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #603092

When crewmembers are so unrobust that not only will they not try to stop antags who are murdering you, but they’ll just let the antag wander the station unopposed afterwards, having casual conversations with the murderer like a regular crewmember. Meanwhile you and his other victims are round removed and get to watch the known murderer do bar RP with a bunch of staticname xenos.

I’m looking at you, Manuel.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #603889

Having to interact with other people. The good thing about the internet is that you can control who gets access to you. In real life, it's open season.

But to write something about the game, Manuel metafriend in-group bias combined with the sensitivity of Manuelites. Given the round lengths especially during lowpop this can severely affect your experience if you aren't careful! They just want to do their lame snowflake RP and you do not want to inadvertently get in the way of that! Ahahaha. It goes against the spirit of the game in ways I can't quite articulate but essentially the game is supposed to be a cooperative effort between you and the rest of the crew but the groups of metafriends end up treating it like a chatroom where they only want to interact with each other. And even if you aren't willing to inject yourself into somebody else's cringe RP session sometimes you need things from other people, particularly jobs like medbay which still end up attracting snowflakes more interesting in chatting and helping their friends than doing their jobs properly somehow.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #604467

Farquaar wrote:When crewmembers are so unrobust that not only will they not try to stop antags who are murdering you, but they’ll just let the antag wander the station unopposed afterwards, having casual conversations with the murderer like a regular crewmember. Meanwhile you and his other victims are round removed and get to watch the known murderer do bar RP with a bunch of staticname xenos.

if i am not sec i'm not going out of my job description as a doctor to arrest someone.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #604472

>a person being forcefed beans for 10 mins straight by multiple people is MRP.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #604477

JusticeGoat wrote:
Farquaar wrote:When crewmembers are so unrobust that not only will they not try to stop antags who are murdering you, but they’ll just let the antag wander the station unopposed afterwards, having casual conversations with the murderer like a regular crewmember. Meanwhile you and his other victims are round removed and get to watch the known murderer do bar RP with a bunch of staticname xenos.

if i am not sec i'm not going out of my job description as a doctor to arrest someone.
Maybe not, but you could at least tell security when you see the literal murderer instead of chatting with said murderer about the weather.
► Show Spoiler
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #604486

bodythrows
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #604494

Just do it the Sybil way:
  • Report the murder
  • It's 70-pop
  • There is 1 security officer, no warden, no HoS
  • The Captain is trying desperately to execute the HoP for disrespecting him
  • The AI and a Borg are desperately trying to rescue the HoP
  • The captain, who specifically called the Borg there, is insisting executions aren't human harm
  • Meanwhile, nonantag hulks are breaking into random places to steal everything that isn't bolted to the floor
  • Three corpses, including yours, have maxed suit sensors
  • The AI has been asking someone to retrieve you for 15 minutes and all your organs are rotted
  • Finally, an assistant stumbles across your body and puts it in medical
  • You're put in the healthcare queue right after someone shot with a 50u Bacchus' Blessing shotgun dart.
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ftfy
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #604599

Knaive wrote:When people litter.
When no one locks the emitters, and to an extent the collectors.
When techs replace every pump in atmos with a volume pump.
When ninjas walk around in the halls all exposed and being seen by everyone.
When people tell me to 'Keep up the good work' while I'm working.
Wow, this is still scarely accurate 7 years later
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #604601

Being blocked without being told a reason
Idk why that upsets me, it's like a personal insult for me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #604658

please return the glasses you take from bar, those cost money
if you throw glasses you're not only not making use of my time by wasting the alcohol but you're also being a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick

this is always marked as IC issue though so I just have to keep asking people to please don't do it because it's really rude
if you don't want to interact with bar or speak to people just don't come - don't come to bar solely to piss people off because you think it's a hilarious gimmick to be an asshole to people who put time into trying to be sociable
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604675

I think this about covers them...
  • Tiders preventing officers from bringing an antag into custody
  • Any form of friendly antag
  • Wardens/HoS's who chem implant without putting chems into the implanter first
  • Captains that won't give the spare out
  • Sec that have moral problems with antag executions
  • Rev round no longer ending after the gamemode is over
  • People who freak out because of a 15 second cuff-and-search
  • Tiders who tide sec during red-alert threats but are too pussy to validhunt
  • HoPs who give brig access or deputize people
  • Not having access to cargo when you need to order mindshields/lasers/etc.
  • Crew who ignore the blob exists
  • People who are mean in dchat after losing a fight
  • People who are mean in dchat to antags because the antag ruined their round
  • Murderboning under 20pop
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #604680

Captains that won't give the spare out
name one reason why a sane captain should do that in a normal situation
People who freak out because of a 15 second cuff-and-search
ive discovered that its way easier to do this without cuffing
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #604692

sinfulbliss wrote:I think this about covers them...
Touch grass.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #604693

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Touch grass.
that ass is grass.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604695

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Touch grass.
Listen retard, if you tell me to touch grass one more time I will literally go outside and grab a chunk of grass and throw it at you. First of all no one "touches" grass, you walk on grass. Second, I'll have you know I have had more action in the past year than you have in your entire life. I didn't want to bring this up,I really didn't, because it's cheap and extremely improper, but you've finally made me go there. You did it. Are you happy?

DO NOT DISS MY HARD WORK WITH YOUR DISGUSTING, LOW VALUE INSULTS. In fact - forget the whole thing. You, me, toolboxes, Fulpstation (I'm still banned from TG so yeah), holodeck. Let's settle it like men.
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604696

Timonk wrote:
Because I am HoS and AA is sooo important for me. Otherwise it's just electrified doors or people gettin merk'd while we yell "AI OPEN."
Timonk wrote:
-quote-
I've discovered that its way easier to do this without cuffing
I do that sometimes but it requires 3 batongs if they have a hardsuit which is wasted charge. Also if it's a spot-search they can be easily taken by tiders and escape due to not being cuffed once they escape stamcrit.
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #604705

sinfulbliss wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Touch grass.
Listen retard, if you tell me to touch grass one more time I will literally go outside and grab a chunk of grass and throw it at you. First of all no one "touches" grass, you walk on grass. Second, I'll have you know I have had more action in the past year than you have in your entire life. I didn't want to bring this up,I really didn't, because it's cheap and extremely improper, but you've finally made me go there. You did it. Are you happy?

DO NOT DISS MY HARD WORK WITH YOUR DISGUSTING, LOW VALUE INSULTS. In fact - forget the whole thing. You, me, toolboxes, Fulpstation (I'm still banned from TG so yeah), holodeck. Let's settle it like men.
Seethe and cope.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #604743

sinfulbliss wrote:
Timonk wrote:
Because I am HoS and AA is sooo important for me. Otherwise it's just electrified doors or people gettin merk'd while we yell "AI OPEN."
Timonk wrote:
-quote-
I do that sometimes but it requires 3 batongs if they have a hardsuit which is wasted charge. Also if it's a spot-search they can be easily taken by tiders and escape due to not being cuffed once they escape stamcrit.
No I meant by asking them nicely
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #604785

Timonk wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Timonk wrote:
Timonk wrote:
-quote-
No I meant by asking them nicely
ah yuh m8 just take your shit off all of it please, aye thanks. NAAAAAAAH COPER I GOT A 10 INCH BLADE WHISH IS ALEGAL IN ZA UK INNIT M8? WELL IM FINNA USE LETHAL FORCE YA FUCKIN KUNT.
Spoiler:
[youtube]5fB6uHUErBM[/youtube]
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #604796

Surprisingly enough that kind of search works on most innocent people
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604868

Timonk wrote:Surprisingly enough that kind of search works on most innocent people
Yeah it does work on innocent people... But as sec you don't wanna be searching innocent people to begin with. Unless you're really desperate for finding some guy, you really only search people who you think are guilty, and guilty people are not gonna comply with a bag search. They're going to whip out their 357 and doubletap you then run like the wind
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #605008

thats why you dont search persons without cuffs in maint

you think that people who you think are guilty are guilty but they are just guilty if you find something. if they dont have anything illegal they have no reason to run, making it easier to search them even without cuffs.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #605051

Timonk wrote:thats why you dont search persons without cuffs in maint

you think that people who you think are guilty are guilty but they are just guilty if you find something. if they dont have anything illegal they have no reason to run, making it easier to search them even without cuffs.
This reads like a Shadowflame post
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #605112

That reads like a Farquaar post
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605429

Timonk wrote:thats why you dont search persons without cuffs in maint

That's the problem though, you don't know they don't have anything illegal until after you search them.

Personally, I'll ask nicely if I don't have good reason to believe the person is guilty/dangerous. But if they are a prime suspect and you think it's likely they have bad stuff on them, you should just baton + search to minimize the risk (you don't even need to cuff, just baton and search).
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #605496

i agree with you on that one
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605501

My biggest pet peeve is people who talk about their pet peeves like anyone cares. Like, really, do you think people will care about your pet peeves on the internet or bother to read them? It's honestly the cringies-
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605597

sinfulbliss wrote:My biggest pet peeve is people who talk about their pet peeves like anyone cares. Like, really, do you think people will care about your pet peeves on the internet or bother to read them? It's honestly the cringies-
says the person who writes pet peeves.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #605609

I hate the antichrist.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #605612

breathe some outside air
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #605701

Rohen_Tahir wrote:I hate the antichrist.
me too
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605970

Fikou wrote: breathe some outside air
fight me
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #622262

Dax Dupont wrote: Mon May 26, 2014 11:59 am Fucking greytiders stealing engineering's gloves and sec not doing shit about it.
Getting pushed 1233214214 times when pulling shit.
Kawaii faggots
Janitors that don't put signs out or slip people intentionally.
Stupid fucking clowns that do nothing but grief in a really lame way. It's funnier when they do more clever things. Also Sacramouche clown is best clown.
Antag mimes, seriously. Also people that suicide if they spawn as non-antag mime. Should be banned for that shit.
this
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #622280

miggles wrote: Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 am people with the last name "williams" also happen to be very bad
you can tell because their last name is williams, and this speaks a lot about their character and the way they play
oh wait, no it doesnt
based miggles
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #622337

Sherrie Williams
I expect nervere to arrive in T-3 hours
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #622367

i hate people who are so dense that they dont pay attention at all to anything that anyone says
like one round i screamed out both the name and location of a tot that was murdering me on a shift with 3 seccies, a det, a warden and a HoS, literally no one noticed and they all said "wheres cap?" then completely forgot that i even existed
like seriously what else are you doing that's making you forget about the literal murder of the captain
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me