Or better yet: observe, turn off darkness
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by cedarbridge » #55263

bandit wrote:Or better yet: observe, turn off darkness
Get a load of this powergamer with no sense of adventure.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #55293

FudgePucker wrote:
Kot wrote:(THROW BOMBS AT BOMBS, BECAUSE FUCK LOGIC THAT'S WHY)
Well in a logical point of view (not a balance one) it does make sense.

Nukes have a very specific way of activating. If it does not do it right, it won't go boom.
So the easiest way to prevent a nuke from going off is to, well, damage it where it can't go off.
Ironically the way to do this in game is to throw a bomb at it. Fight big boom with boom.

Maybe have a downside to this being that it makes a massive dirty bomb (from the plutonium being spread everywhere) that if you aren't in maint for over 5 seconds you die.
You stopped the nuke from going off, but shuttle is still going to have to be called because everybody is dieing in a horrible fashion.
I know how nukes work.
This was regular bomb though. Syndicate bomb. The black one with blinking light.
Stop expecting everyone to be stupid.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
FudgePucker

Post by FudgePucker » #55360

Kot wrote:
FudgePucker wrote:
Kot wrote:(THROW BOMBS AT BOMBS, BECAUSE FUCK LOGIC THAT'S WHY)
Well in a logical point of view (not a balance one) it does make sense.

Nukes have a very specific way of activating. If it does not do it right, it won't go boom.
So the easiest way to prevent a nuke from going off is to, well, damage it where it can't go off.
Ironically the way to do this in game is to throw a bomb at it. Fight big boom with boom.

Maybe have a downside to this being that it makes a massive dirty bomb (from the plutonium being spread everywhere) that if you aren't in maint for over 5 seconds you die.
You stopped the nuke from going off, but shuttle is still going to have to be called because everybody is dieing in a horrible fashion.
This was regular bomb though. Syndicate bomb. The black one with blinking light.
Ah sorry, I got your post mixed up with the one a few posts lower talking about blowing the nuke with c4.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #55833

Plastic surgery is horribly underused. It can make double agent rounds a breeze, if something goes wrong as a traitor it gives you a second chance, and if you know someone is out to get you, you can keep them off your trail for the rest of the round.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #55862

Same with stealing a monkey/braindead's UI/UE.

Except you can do plastic surgery in a lot of places.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #56253

Can you even do surgery on yourself?

Never been able to do it when I've tried.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #56258

Malkevin wrote:Can you even do surgery on yourself?

Never been able to do it when I've tried.
Construct a bed and have surgical stuff (ghetto or otherwise) next to it. Take the tools you need for the next two steps in hand, buckle yourself to the bed (the tools stick to your hand), and perform the steps. Chances are pretty good on a bed, though not as good as on a real surgical table. Unbuckle to grab the next two items, rinse, repeat, six augments.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #56266

Better yet, use a roller bed. Even lower failure chance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #56478

There's also an abandoned surgical room on the station somewhere, if you can find it. I don't think it has tools, but it has a surgical table.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Kot

Post by Kot » #56482

AnonymousNow wrote:There's also an abandoned surgical room on the station somewhere, if you can find it. I don't think it has tools, but it has a surgical table.
If you lie on surgical table you can't use tools.
The key is using beds.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #56487

Roller beds are best.

If sec puts a tracking implant in you, you can self surgery to remove it and give yourself a face lift. Roller beds offer the advantage that you can move room to room to keep sec from getting suspicious. (Start surgery with drapes in medbay, scalpel chest in bar, retractors in the hall, etc).
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #56536

I really effective way to cure disease epidemics is making a smoke grenade with the cure and throw it in a really crowded place.
Whatup
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #56545

Pybro wrote:Roller beds are best.

If sec puts a tracking implant in you, you can self surgery to remove it and give yourself a face lift. Roller beds offer the advantage that you can move room to room to keep sec from getting suspicious. (Start surgery with drapes in medbay, scalpel chest in bar, retractors in the hall, etc).
This week on how to power game...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Kot

Post by Kot » #56547

Rumpelstiltskin3 wrote:I really effective way to cure disease epidemics is making a smoke grenade with the cure and throw it in a really crowded place.
And then get lynched for "spreading viruses".
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #56549

The best way is to just dump a bunch of .1 unit vaccine pills on the chemistry counter and wait for people to get tired of bleeding their butts out of their mouth.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #56567

And then some assistant comes up and starts eating all the pills.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #56572

Who cares? A single vaccine culture bottle can make you one hundred and fifty curative pills.

The only time a smoke grenade with the cure is more helpful is if you don't have a vaccine, then it's just hilarious how quickly some orange juice grenades will dunk a common cold.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #56667

Raven776 wrote:Who cares? A single vaccine culture bottle can make you one hundred and fifty curative pills.

The only time a smoke grenade with the cure is more helpful is if you don't have a vaccine, then it's just hilarious how quickly some orange juice grenades will dunk a common cold.
The real issue isn't some jerkass eating all your pills. Its usually people being too stupid/panicked to just take the things. One grenade clears the lobby for the sane people to take the pills.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #57203

You can fit an arcane tome in a hollowed out normal book, which is fun. Join the cult of woody's got wood today!

Also, hollowed out space law has way more space than a normal book. You can stash loads of stuff in there, plus if you're a lawyer or security nobody will ever question you carrying it around. And nobody will ever try to read it, either: it's space law and nobody's interested in double checking that, unlike a random book from the library (which might be a story someone hasn't read before).

This also makes it a good place to hide things. Space Law, Cyborgs for Dummies, How to Engineer and so on are all books left out at specific places at roundstart. Nobody questions them being there and nobody searches them.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #58022

Apparently you really can milk male goats: if milked/train since child, a male goat will develop an udder.

So the milk you get from Pete is actually really milk.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #58035

Whoisthere wrote:Apparently you really can milk male goats: if milked/train since child, a male goat will develop an udder.

So the milk you get from Pete is actually really milk.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #58249

Knowing that you are making Cheddar from real milk and not from goat jizz is pretty game-changing to me.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #58257

Wait, you guys don't murder Pete ten seconds flat into the shift? That's usually my first action, even before grabbing pun pun.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #58258

No.

You stuff Pete in a closet. Preferrably the Bartender's. For when inevitably vines pop up.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #58269

With a fully upgraded microwave, you can pretty comfortably feed a good bit of the station on 4 pieces of meat.

Make meat steaks (1 meat, 1 salt, 1 pepper) in each microwave, fully upgraded makes 3 out of the mats for 1, so you get 12 meat steaks. Make sandwiches with these (2 bread, 1 meat steak) to have 36 sandwiches. Microwave them AGAIN to get a total of 72(!) toasted sandwiches.

I'm not sure if toasting them is really supposed to cause them to triplicate but, well, it works!
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #58271

Vekter wrote:With a fully upgraded microwave, you can pretty comfortably feed a good bit of the station on 4 pieces of meat.

Make meat steaks (1 meat, 1 salt, 1 pepper) in each microwave, fully upgraded makes 3 out of the mats for 1, so you get 12 meat steaks. Make sandwiches with these (2 bread, 1 meat steak) to have 36 sandwiches. Microwave them AGAIN to get a total of 72(!) toasted sandwiches.

I'm not sure if toasting them is really supposed to cause them to triplicate but, well, it works!
You can upgrade your microwave? How many scientist do I have to hurt to get that?
No irony, as a mostly dedicated chef, THIS is game changing to me.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #58291

Apply screwdriver to microwave. Apply ultra laser in RPED to microwave. Apply screwdriver again.
Bam. Microwave now triples output.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #58297

DemonFiren wrote:Apply screwdriver to microwave. Apply ultra laser in RPED to microwave. Apply screwdriver again.
Bam. Microwave now triples output.
Fairly related, I found the parts such as micro-lasers and shit in badger mait. before. If you play badger, beg the HoP for maint and go hunting.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #58329

I thought literally EVERYONE has maint.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #58332

Cargo Techs, QM, Engineers, Atmos Techs, CE, Assistants, and the Janitor of all people have access. Plus the Captain, obviously. All things considered, it's not a lot.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #58339

The Cook starts with Morgue access. So no, you don't have to pass dead bodies over the counter and get blood everywhere. That's gotta be against health code.

Seriously, just PDA him when you borg someone.

Also, if there aren't any Botanists (or if the ones present are being useless), ask the HoP for Hydro access and tear the table down, then jack a few trays using a wrench. Chances are they aren't using them all, and they'll probably appreciate you just making your own veg while they get stoned out of their mind.

Bitch at R&D until they upgrade your microwaves. It's stupid cheap and makes them ridiculously efficient.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #58379

Braincake wrote:Cargo Techs, QM, Engineers, Atmos Techs, CE, Assistants, and the Janitor of all people have access. Plus the Captain, obviously. All things considered, it's not a lot.
I coulda sworn even Sci had it. Hmph.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #58381

DemonFiren wrote:
Braincake wrote:Cargo Techs, QM, Engineers, Atmos Techs, CE, Assistants, and the Janitor of all people have access. Plus the Captain, obviously. All things considered, it's not a lot.
I coulda sworn even Sci had it. Hmph.
Pretty sure maintain on eff3 is all access if that's what's confusing you
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #58453

No, it's not. I had a HoP fuck up changing my access once and I lost maint. Could literally only enter maint through my department until it was changed.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #59020

Mime has maint access.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #59071

Having eaten a lot of (certain) food recently makes it harder to catch diseases. In general, harder to prepare foods are better for you. One of the best foods in terms of how much disease resistance (satiety) it provides vs. how full/fat it makes you is tomato soup. Blood tomato soup is even better for you- a couple bowls of it and you'll be completely immune to disease for a while.

It may also be possible to grind such things down for the Vitamin, which is the reagent that gives you disease resistance when consumed.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #59089

Comrade Leo wrote:Mime has maint access.
No it doesn't. The clown and mime both have access to their maint (the maint outside the theater door) like other departments, but they do not have general maint.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #59143

bandit wrote:
Comrade Leo wrote:Mime has maint access.
No it doesn't. The clown and mime both have access to their maint (the maint outside the theater door) like other departments, but they do not have general maint.
Uh yes mimes do. I roam all over maintenance. From any of the general entrances.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #59151

depends on your station. eff3 has all-access maint, but some stations don't.
Image Image Image
iRazgriz

Post by iRazgriz » #59334

There's a heater hidden under the freezer in sci maint.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #59352

Drynwyn wrote:Having eaten a lot of (certain) food recently makes it harder to catch diseases. In general, harder to prepare foods are better for you. One of the best foods in terms of how much disease resistance (satiety) it provides vs. how full/fat it makes you is tomato soup. Blood tomato soup is even better for you- a couple bowls of it and you'll be completely immune to disease for a while.

It may also be possible to grind such things down for the Vitamin, which is the reagent that gives you disease resistance when consumed.
You can check in the wiki for nutritional values, with some salads being sources of tricordrazine, for example.
sometimes I wonder if people fail to realize that when I ask them for their favourite dish, the idea is to request strange dishes to acquire useful (albeit temporal) nice effects, such as healing, or disease resistance.
Clown tears is an even better option, but I've only had ONCE bananium inside my kitchen. Try the banana-nut bread if you like vitamins

Most of the dishes I start with (such as birthday cake, cheese cake, meatbread and cheesebread) contain vitamins, if you're security, try the birthday cake always, it contains sprinkles, and that means bonus healing (Just like donuts)

Burgers and other lowly foodstuffs offer little to no good nutrition, so eat healthy.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #59356

Liberty duff works too, with the added effect of making you trip balls.
Spoiler:

capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #59359

I'd send the birthday cake to security directly, so they'd have a slice always available, but chances are they'd ignore it entirely, or even dump it, fearing foul play on my part.

Also, last reminder. A rollie made out of apples gives you the benefits of eating one constantly while you smoke it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #59372

Vekter wrote:trip balls.
I like that you went to the effort of colouring each of those letters.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #59480

Due to the stun nerfs and the hand flasher nerfs, pepper spray is no longer completely useless

Pepper spray has the same stun time (5 ticks/~9 seconds) as:
-Wall flashers
-Stun prods
-Taser electrodes
-And I think the stamina knock out time too

The only sec equipment that stuns for longer are stun batons (7 ticks) and flashbangs (10 ticks)

What this means is that if you're following the Space Law SOPs that I wrote and your prisoner is hatless and eyewearless and gasmaskless pepper spray works as a good prisoner management tool thats almost as good as old hand flashes in that it can't be disarmed and used against you, with the added hilarity of the making the scumbag scream.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #59511

capi duffman wrote:I'd send the birthday cake to security directly, so they'd have a slice always available, but chances are they'd ignore it entirely, or even dump it, fearing foul play on my part.

Also, last reminder. A rollie made out of apples gives you the benefits of eating one constantly while you smoke it.
what benefits do apples have?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #59519

miggles wrote:
capi duffman wrote:I'd send the birthday cake to security directly, so they'd have a slice always available, but chances are they'd ignore it entirely, or even dump it, fearing foul play on my part.

what benefits do apples have?
They keep doctors away.
私は完璧
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #59577

i made a joke about that earlier today
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #64725

Are you a traitor Scientist, angry that the firing pins update has prevented you being able to fire the guns you make? Worry no more! All firing pins can be emagged! Print a test firing range pin from the protolathe, emag it, then fire away!
sentientcloud

Post by sentientcloud » #64898

The detective starts with a telescopic baton in their backpack. As far as I know, they're the only non-head player that gets one.
You can find welding helmets, toolbelts, multitools, mesons, all sorts of good stuff just lying around in maintenance.
Clowns can HONK more frequently by hitting themselves with the horn instead of just using it normally.
Meat steaks are way more efficient to make than burgers and have the same nutrition values too. If you run out of salt and pepper, there's another set in the bar.