Little things you learned that are game changing

General SS13 Chat
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by AnonymousNow » #80957

Bottom post of the previous page:

Xhuis wrote:Cryosium or whatever it is works too. Eat a pill with cryosium, oxygen, and cryoxadone, and you will heal.
Frost Oil?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #80970

No, cryosium.

It's a new goofchem.

It's just frostoil but it sounds retarded.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #80999

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:No, cryosium.

It's a new goofchem.

It's just frostoil but it sounds retarded.
Cryosium isn't nearly as strong as frost oil - it doesn't even lower your health to damaging temperature - but it still makes you cold enough for cryoxadone.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #84780

You can apply AI modules, like reset etc, directly to intellicarded AIs.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #84811

If you're searching through a pop up list, press the first letter of a name and it'll take you to the first instance of that letter. Press that letter again and it takes you to the next letter.

So if I want to find Josephine Griffon, and Joe Griffon and Anton Griffon exist too, I just press 'J', 'J'. Perfect for cameras, following as a ghost, spells, all sorts of things. Can't remember if I learned this here or not but I can't see it on the last two pages and it really improved my AI game.

The other thing is that if you're detective and you open up your security records console, so long as you don't log out and leave it on the main list you can still search it for prints, jobs, and name details. This feels like borderline bug abuse though so I'm not sure about whether it's wise to do it. I was just surprised it worked for detective after I tried it having been used to doing that as AI.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84871

bandit wrote:You can apply AI modules, like reset etc, directly to intellicarded AIs.
You can also use modules directly on (I think they have to be crowbar opened) cyborgs too.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #84894

peoplearestrange wrote:
bandit wrote:You can apply AI modules, like reset etc, directly to intellicarded AIs.
You can also use modules directly on (I think they have to be crowbar opened) cyborgs too.
Or on an AI core before you put the MMI in.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85067

Holy shit that last one.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85077

AI cores be disassembled yet?
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #85087

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Holy shit that last one.
literally the only reason I know this is because I once cleaned up AI law code a bit.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85216

Miauw wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Holy shit that last one.
literally the only reason I know this is because I once cleaned up AI law code a bit.
How does it work? ASIMOV deafult, apply purge then custom laws? Or what?
I must know how many bars of gold I need from the Vault to build a slaved AI
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85278

Only one, if you did the research.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #85336

There is russian version of ZAS atmos, it is ZAS made to be more brutally violent. Fucking wow, like ZAS was not robust enough.
bandit

Post by bandit » #85436

In the unlikely occurrence that an animated mob from a Staff of Animation is fucking up your shit and you have a sentience potion, USE IT! Animated objects count as mobs for sentience potion purposes. You'll no longer be attacked, and some lucky ghost will get to play as a radio headset or whatever.

Also works if you're a xenobiologist and get a staff.

admin feedback pls
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #85437

they don't "count as mobs" they are mobs, just with the name and icon of the thing they animated from.
same goes for Malf machines that try to kill you.
私は完璧
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #85438

This also means you can raise and befriend the rampaging soda machine
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
bandit

Post by bandit » #85441

it's inconsistent -- you cannot, for instance, sentience potion Lamarr

admin feedback pls
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #85443

Facehuggers aren't mobs, as strange as that sounds.

Spiderlings also fall under this "not actually a mob" rule.

Most other things you'd think might be a mob is in fact a mob though.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #85444

Facehuggers are masks, hence why you can wear them in your mask slot.
Spiderlings are /effect, think the foam sprite and sparks that appear from electricity.
私は完璧
bandit

Post by bandit » #85458

fucking code man how does it work

Anyway, sentience potions are among the most versatile things added to the game.

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85461

I kind of want my pet BODA machine now.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #85474

Going straight out of Chapel massdriver should get you to Derelict every time.

Going straight south from lower arrivals airlocks should get you to Pirate radio station every time.

Not sure how to get to Old Tcomms/White ship, but I should have it sooner or later.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #85484

literally false 0/10
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #85485

That has not been true for literally two years and counting.

How out of date are you, man?
Apparently I was an director or something.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85490

Z-levels are now randomised on a per-round basis, for all I know. Have fun wandering aimlessly and/or looping through the same Z forever.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #85562

"How to navigate through space like a total fucking cheater," episode 1
In today's episode, how to navigate to other key points in space from the derelict 100% guaranteed

Stuck on the derelict? Afraid you wont be able to get back home? Never fear! Simply find your way to the chapel, then break one of the windows under the mass driver and walk (DO NOT LAUNCH) into space. Let yourself float about 4-5 tiles out to the left, then throw something so you travel straight southward. After a short while, you'll find yourself at an abandoned teleporter, ready to send you back home.

Can't find the DJ station? Always wanted to shout WGW at the crew without threat of being murdered? Or perhaps you want to murder the guy on the DJ station. Luckily for you, it's easier to get there than you think! Simply find the derelict (which is hard to miss, being so massive), then travel to the most northeast point possible (should be the solar array if nothing's changed). Then simply walk off to the west and let yourself drift. It will take a while since it is a long trip, but you will eventually land at the DJ Station. Have fun!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85567

Or, you just get to the outermost point of the chapel massdriver on the derelict and walk south. You should land on the lattice.

Northermost point is the solars, yes. Used to be another lattice construction.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #85766

Once you have people by the neck and they are restrained, you can apply cable ties from inside your pockets to tie them up easily, if facing south, your model will blend in so perfectly with theirs that it will be indistinguishable. it would be impossible for them to escape from the cuffs and close grip, so strangle/changling extract them at your pleasure, as airlessness prevents sound. They can neither move or speak and you are invisible behind their sprite. (unless you have a huge lizard tail)

I recently discovered this and tried it out in the middle of a busy brig as i was leaving my two minute brig sentence. Even managed to frame the person i was strangling as sec mistakenly thought that because they were in cuffs, they had escaped or something.

Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #86602

Bottles are essentially beakers. So you can stick them in a chem dispenser. And they'll keep their name.

admin feedback pls
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #90994

Doing a little necromancy CPR on this thread by dumping tips from the simple questions thread (note that some of these aren't direct quotes but I'm still giving credit to the original posters for the information):

The example lockbox on metastation has a clusterbang in it. -- Not-Dorsidarf

In regards to botany: -- lumipharon
Spoiler:
To change stats, apply ONE unit of mutagen for a small change, or TWO units for a large change. Obviously you need a dropper for this.
The change is random in both amount and direction (up or down) as well as whether it will effect potency, yield or both.

Essentially you just have to keep trying, scanning it with a thingo inbetween each try till you get what you're after.

Left4zed or whatever it is called, causes two(I think) small changes per cycle, while ez nutriment causes 1.

Because of this, once you get a plant with stats you want, ONLY GIVE IT ROBUST HARVEST. or you'll fuck up the stats.

To mutage the species, apply FIVE units of mutagen. This has a a chance to cause a large change like 2 units, but can also mutate the plant, kill it, or cause a reaction with weeds/pests.

The best way to change your plants is the floral somatory from R&D.
It's a gun that has two settings, one for potency and one for yield.

You can essentially just spam your plants until they have the best possible stats with one of these, it's far far better. However it can't mutate species.
If you want to mutate plants but lack a dropper, empty a bottle of left-4-zed into a hydroponics tray you aren't using and fill it with mutagen - you can set its transfer amount to 1, 2, and 5 for transferring more specific numbers of units. -- newfren

Grabs can be upgraded with the Use hotkey (Z in hotkey filthy casual mode, Page Down in normal ultimate robust godking mode). Since the icon to upgrade your grab has a delay before it appears and cannot be clicked, using the hotkey allows you to upgrade your grab much more quickly; this can be used to table people several times faster (ghetto quicktabling). -- Vekter
Spoiler:
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #91058

You can inject a guy with cryostylane and oxygen, then add cryoxadone to create a ghetto cryo, if you can't access cryo tubes for some reason.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91067

Quicktabling is back. Turn on hotkeys, grab someone, spam Z, spamclick table.

The Atmos firefighting backpack has 3 modes: water (high-capacity fire extinguisher), metal foam (quickly drops a metal foam wall), and a nanofreeze burst (3x3 targeted blast of supercooled chemicals, causes any burning plasma to sublimate into nitrogen. The obvious choice for any discerning firefighter.) It also lowers the temp in a small room enough to trip Atmos alarms.

You need all aspects of a fire suit for it to be effective. this includes a fire helmet.

Last but not least, if you know the right pumps and where to put it, you can use a gas mixer to fill the mix chamber with burn mix, then immediately dump it into the incinerator. Or light it and flood the station with Superheated gas. Either/or.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91085

Actually, you can skip the mix chamber. It's what I do on Meta for setting up the turbine, direct-wiring it to the Pure line. The turbine out can then be wired into Port, from there via an inverted pump to Mix, from there to Distro. Bang, instant superheated gas all over the place.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91087

Vekter wrote:Quicktabling is back. Turn on hotkeys, grab someone, spam Z, spamclick table.

The Atmos firefighting backpack has 3 modes: water (high-capacity fire extinguisher), metal foam (quickly drops a metal foam wall), and a nanofreeze burst (3x3 targeted blast of supercooled chemicals, causes any burning plasma to sublimate into nitrogen. The obvious choice for any discerning firefighter.) It also lowers the temp in a small room enough to trip Atmos alarms.

You need all aspects of a fire suit for it to be effective. this includes a fire helmet.

Last but not least, if you know the right pumps and where to put it, you can use a gas mixer to fill the mix chamber with burn mix, then immediately dump it into the incinerator. Or light it and flood the station with Superheated gas. Either/or.
how do you ignite the gas in the mix chamber?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91095

You don't, which is why you direct-wire it to the incinerator, as stated in my post.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91111

If you're not quite as robust at Atmos you can always fly out to the mix chamber (before filling it) and drop a welder or lighter in there.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91136

Lighter is preferrable, those don't run out.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
zionn
Byond Username: Zionn

Post by zionn » #91818

If you attempt suicide with an egun but someone stuns you right when you're about to do it, you get a message that you panic and then choke to death.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #91834

Apparently Changelings don't need to breathe. I discovered this while looking for the Recovery Shuttle as a 'ing and noticed my air was running out. I was panicking as the O2 sign flashed but I noticed my health was fine and I wasn't even gasping. That makes hiding in space as a 'ling very viable. Pressure and temperature are still problems though but easily overcome
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91848

Were you in a bio-spacesuit? They constantly inject you with chems that heal oxy damage, so you don't need a tank to use it
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #91909

I can't remember actually. I'll have to test it again when I get the chance. It would be pretty neat if Changelings were immune to oxy damage though
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91924

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Were you in a bio-spacesuit? They constantly inject you with chems that heal oxy damage, so you don't need a tank to use it
whaaat
but yeah lings are not naturally immune to oxy damage, it could be that you had self respiration from virology
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #91993

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Were you in a bio-spacesuit? They constantly inject you with chems that heal oxy damage, so you don't need a tank to use it
whaaat
but yeah lings are not naturally immune to oxy damage, it could be that you had self respiration from virology
By bio-spacesuit he means the organic space suit that changelings can evolve. It constantly injects them with oxygen chems.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92423

Not quite game-changing, but close enough: Cabbage can mutate into replica pods.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #92481

DemonFiren wrote:Not quite game-changing, but close enough: Cabbage can mutate into replica pods.
It can what. Why isn't this on like the guide to plants.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #92482

It's relatively new, and the wiki is relatively not updated.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #92543

I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but supposedly cultist tomes do 10 burn damage per hit which ignores armor. This effectively makes it an item that can fit in your pocket, crit anyone in ten hits, kill in 20, and not leave any blood trails or evidence behind.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #92564

Oh, and some more neat stuff.
At the end of research, a lot of people tend to get illegal up a few levels by deconning xray guns. This actually doesn't max research. The last few steps are to decon one or two energy crossbows (the one from the protolathe) to get illegal up a bit higher so you can make a thermals implant, then deconning a thermals implant to kick bio up enough to get anti-stun implants. As far as I know, that's as maxed as you can get it/need it.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92613

Decon one x-ray gun, make a TYRANT board, decon that, then crossbow. A bit more resource-efficient for all I know.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #92625

there is a very good chance that goofchem fucked up ling space suits.

e.g. maybe the chems stay in your system for ages and maybe you can even overdose on lingsuits.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92629

I don't think you can OD on salbutamol