Little things you learned that are game changing

General SS13 Chat
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Luke Cox » #120877

Bottom post of the previous page:

Meatspikes are stupidly robust now, if you can stun somebody for long enough to put them on or cuff them at least. Once they're on, they're restrained for two minutes (three if they're cuffed) and take tons of damage if they try to escape. Best of all, they're pretty easy to make.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120923

Luke Cox wrote:Meatspikes are stupidly robust now, if you can stun somebody for long enough to put them on or cuff them at least. Once they're on, they're restrained for two minutes (three if they're cuffed) and take tons of damage if they try to escape. Best of all, they're pretty easy to make.
Also they're permanently stuck upside down so sec can identify escapees.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #120997

Holy shit, you can capture somebody with O- blood, put an anesthetic tank and breath mask on them, meatrack them, and you have a blood bag a la Mad Max
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121022

Luke Cox wrote:Holy shit, you can capture somebody with O- blood, put an anesthetic tank and breath mask on them, meatrack them, and you have a blood bag a la Mad Max
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #121061

Can you throw people onto meatracks while on aggressive grab intent?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #121106

Zilenan91 wrote:Can you throw people onto meatracks while on aggressive grab intent?
If you have a grab on them, you can put them on the meatspike just like you can monkeys. Takes 5 seconds to do, so you need to stun and/or cuff them. You can resist out of the meatspike in 2 minutes, but you take damage when you begin resisting and when you succeed. All in all, very effective way to incapacitate people.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #121392

those things on the floor around the ai they arent prox sensors they dispense space lube
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #121394

tuypo1 wrote:those things on the floor around the ai they arent prox sensors they dispense space lube
*foam
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #121396

i had the feeling i would be wrong about what it was still darn handy
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #121425

If you push a supermatter shard into another supermatter shard, it just disintegrates. Now you only need to find an easy way to push an unstable one into a stable one as a SCRAM.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #121459

tuypo1 wrote:those things on the floor around the ai they arent prox sensors they dispense space lube
yeah but people wont slip if gravity is disabled or if they have magboots so don't rely on these
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #121479

DeutscherMajor wrote:If you push a supermatter shard into another supermatter shard, it just disintegrates. Now you only need to find an easy way to push an unstable one into a stable one as a SCRAM.
Conveyor belts.
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #122669

Gold-slime-core headslugs let you have your very own pet changeling if you have a sentience potion and a human corpse nearby.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122670

jaxy15 wrote:Gold-slime-core headslugs let you have your very own pet changeling if you have a sentience potion and a human corpse nearby.
I must do this.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #122683

jaxy15 wrote:Gold-slime-core headslugs let you have your very own pet changeling if you have a sentience potion and a human corpse nearby.
Well actually they turn into a monkey after the body pops with no ling abilities. Unless some admin turns the monkey into a ling via TP
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #122685

Aloraydrel wrote:
Well actually they turn into a monkey after the body pops with no ling abilities. Unless some admin turns the monkey into a ling via TP
That got fixed, it works properly now.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #122740

I thought headslugs got removed from xenobio. I don't remember who it was, but I made an issue report on git about it not making headslug monkeys into lings and a coder yelled at me and closed it, saying headslugs shouldn't even be in xenobio in the first place.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #122743

jaxy15 wrote:
Aloraydrel wrote:
That got fixed, it works properly now.
H y p e then
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122755

Zilenan91 wrote:I thought headslugs got removed from xenobio. I don't remember who it was, but I made an issue report on git about it not making headslug monkeys into lings and a coder yelled at me and closed it, saying headslugs shouldn't even be in xenobio in the first place.
fun removal
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122774

Zilenan91 wrote:I thought headslugs got removed from xenobio. I don't remember who it was, but I made an issue report on git about it not making headslug monkeys into lings and a coder yelled at me and closed it, saying headslugs shouldn't even be in xenobio in the first place.
nah they're still there iirc, just because some guy said his opinion at you doesn't mean "BIG SCARY CODER REMOVED MY FUN"
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #122777

He literally said that the only reason headslugs were able to be made by gold slimes is due to a bug and that he was going to remove them. I have no idea if he actually did, and also have no idea if they're still broken.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122885

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11929
Fixes #9365 - headslugs spawned by admins can become changelings now.
presumably also applies to headslugs spawned via other means, such as xenobiology. ;)
Spoiler:
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #122890

You can sneak under plastic flaps when you are in a box.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122944

TrustyGun wrote:You can sneak under plastic flaps when you are in a box.
that sounds like a bug
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #122950

Since plastic flaps are used to segregate areas for transport mediums (crates & boxes), why would that be a bug?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #123009

because there are no other ways to get past flaps except for when there's a conveyor belt running under them and you lie down on it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #123086

Ricotez wrote:because there are no other ways to get past flaps except for when there's a conveyor belt running under them and you lie down on it
Or you get someone else to help you under.
Or you ride a Mulebot.

Not to mention, Incoming's already confirmed he left this in deliberately, meaning it's a feature.
and as I've said on the issue discussion multiple times already, you can't do anything major with it for it to require being removed.
私は完璧
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #123087

Xhuis wrote:The Syndicate surgery duffleblag, from the uplink for 4 telecrystals, has a lot of good shit. It has a complete surgery toolset, functions as a dufflebag with no slowdown, and has a Syndicate MMI, which gives the borg you put it in a Syndicate lawset and no AI link. It also has a straight jacket and a muzzle.
Wait, normal dufflebags slow you down?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #123091

asskek wrote:
Xhuis wrote:The Syndicate surgery duffleblag, from the uplink for 4 telecrystals, has a lot of good shit. It has a complete surgery toolset, functions as a dufflebag with no slowdown, and has a Syndicate MMI, which gives the borg you put it in a Syndicate lawset and no AI link. It also has a straight jacket and a muzzle.
Wait, normal dufflebags slow you down?
Yeah, that's why they were added. More space for less speed.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #123141

When upgrading cameras with plasma, apply the sheets one at a time or the camera will consume the whole stack.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #123183

Erbbu wrote:When upgrading cameras with plasma, apply the sheets one at a time or the camera will consume the whole stack.
Definitely a bug.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123195

Remie Richards wrote:
Ricotez wrote:because there are no other ways to get past flaps except for when there's a conveyor belt running under them and you lie down on it
Or you ride a Mulebot.

Not to mention, Incoming's already confirmed he left this in deliberately, meaning it's a feature.
and as I've said on the issue discussion multiple times already, you can't do anything major with it for it to require being removed.
there are already to many ways under them and easy entry where your not meant to be is a big problem
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #123266

The box thing is actually pretty useful, for example, if the AI locked down an entire department for some shit, you can enter in though maint using a box and fire extingusher
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #123286

tuypo1 wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Or you ride a Mulebot.

there are already to many ways under them and easy entry where your not meant to be is a big problem
It's easier to just smash a window and rush in than it is to use the box. It's just stealthier to box.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #123420

You can take a point blank minibomb explosion without gibbing if you are wearing the captain's space suit. You'll lose everything you had on you though and are still dead. If you are just wearing the standard captain armor/hat, you will gib.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #123459

Isn't bomb protection RnG, so wouldn't that mean that the caps space suit won't always prevent you being gibbed by minibombs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #123461

Each time I tried it on my own server it didn't gib the spess suited cap. But I only tried five times or so.
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #123634

The gas turbine seems to have a maxcap of how high temperatures it will accept. It turns off at 21.000k.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #124991

I like how being a manlet through genetics is a tactical advantage now.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #125028

Being a halfling should make you move slower because of your stubby little legs.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #125032

Everyone has also forgotten the other real advantage - your sprite has less pixels to click .
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #125140

If you climb on a Photocopier and click copy, it makes an image of your ass...

This might be old news, but the interesting thing is for what classes it works. I did it as a drone, and yes, theres an extra sprite for it.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125152

is it a generic drone spirit or specific for the drone you are using.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #125155

One thing I've picked up as HoS is to swing by RnD and ask/get them to produce me a box full of Loyalty Firing Pins and a Plasma Cutter.

Really useful when if your disarmed or someone steals a gun only to discover they can't fire it.

Bonus points for replacing the Loyalty Implants with Tracking Implants and hiding the real Loyalty Implants.
DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #125157

tuypo1 wrote:is it a generic drone spirit or specific for the drone you are using.
I used the normal drone, and the image had 6 dots for the legs and a.... torso ^^, dont know if its different for the other ones.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125275

Steelpoint wrote:One thing I've picked up as HoS is to swing by RnD and ask/get them to produce me a box full of Loyalty Firing Pins and a Plasma Cutter.

Really useful when if your disarmed or someone steals a gun only to discover they can't fire it.

Bonus points for replacing the Loyalty Implants with Tracking Implants and hiding the real Loyalty Implants.
can you spell emagrewop backwards
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #125289

PKPenguin321 wrote:He did something vaguely creative! Powergamer ban he!!!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125293

i actually dont like firing pins in general
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125296

also, to be more on topic:
When using a bruise pack/ointment, use it on yourself multiple times, then as soon as you finish applying it once target a different area and you'll heal that area. You can do this for all six limbs at once if you're a fast enough clicker. This is good for healing multiple limbs with bruise packs/ointments really quickly instead of waiting for the entire "You start applying the bruise pack" cooldown for every single limb.
Spoiler:
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #125321

PKPenguin321 wrote:i actually dont like firing pins in general
few people do.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #125445

Saegrimr wrote:I like how being a manlet through genetics is a tactical advantage now.
It's Oddjob all over again.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?