General SS13 Chat
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92629

Bottom post of the previous page:

I don't think you can OD on salbutamol
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #92643

deconning a tyrant board for illegal 3 is only efficient if you have a either assloads of diamonds but not uranium, or if you use it to also get mat 7 (instead of a drill) since it's a net diamond saving.
And yeah, illegal 4 is as high as you need, but you need to decon a thermal implant to get bio to 6 (for xray implants), which incidentally gives illegal 5. Illegal 5 itself doesn't do anything.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92647

Can diamond mining drills be made in the Protolathe again?
If so, instead of using a diamond (/drill) for Materials 7...
Get Combat 6 (from Cargo's combat shotguns), decon a sheet of uranium a pico-manip or super matter bin* (thanks, lumi) for Materials 6, an xray laser for Illegal 2, a TYRANT for Illegal 3 and Materials 7, an energy crossbow for Illegal 4, a thermal implant for Illegal 5. And does deconstructing an xray implant give you anything you don't already have by then?

*A pico-manip will need a fully-upgraded DA, but a super matter bin will only need two of the three parts at T3 with the other at T2.
Last edited by TheNightingale on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #92656

I just said that about the drill and mat 7.

Also why would you decon 2000 uranium when you can just decon a pico manipulator?
xray implant doesnt get you anything, no.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #92720

PKPenguin321 wrote:I'm not sure if it's already been posted, but supposedly cultist tomes do 10 burn damage per hit which ignores armor. This effectively makes it an item that can fit in your pocket, crit anyone in ten hits, kill in 20, and not leave any blood trails or evidence behind.
They actually do more than that, its a random number between 10 and 25 IIRC
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #92813

The white ship on the old telecoms sat z-level can be ordered to dock at arrivals and the derelict. I can't believe I never noticed this. A great opportunity to murder people in arrivals and then escape the station very quickly.
Mime: Depresso
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #92884

Its a fairly recent change
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #92932

lumipharon wrote:I just said that about the drill and mat 7.

Also why would you decon 2000 uranium when you can just decon a pico manipulator?
xray implant doesnt get you anything, no.
Better ways of getting mats 6-7 w/o mining are as followed
1. Purge and Oxygenistoxic modules, they give materials 6 research.
2. Have engineering and power research at 6 each and then decon a pico or SMB in a slightly upgraded scanner, will grant you mats 6.
The ai boards are your best bet considering it's straight up materials 7.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92940

RG4 wrote:Better ways of getting mats 6-7 w/o mining are as followed
1. Purge and Oxygenistoxic modules, they give materials 6 research.
2. Have engineering and power research at 6 each and then decon a pico or SMB in a slightly upgraded scanner, will grant you mats 6.
The ai boards are your best bet considering it's straight up materials 7.
OxygenIsToxicToHumans gives Data 3, Materials 4, Biotech 2. PALADIN, Purge, OneHuman and Freeform Core (not the standard Freeform) all have origin tech of Materials 6, getting you to 7.

Coincidentally, an SMES board can get you to Power and Engineering 6 (and Data 5)... which, it seems, increases the reliability of things. I just deconstructed a super matter bin at Reliability 89 (which didn't require any mining minerals; a high-power laser, a pico-manipulator and an advanced scanning module in the DA worked), giving me Materials 6... We can't make AI core modules without diamond, however, so I think AI modules are the only reliable way to get to Materials 7 without any mining help.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #92963

You can rig crates for a guaranteed kill on all Supply employees.

Add wire.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92973

Actually, only a guaranteed stun against unprotected personnel, and most Cargonians wear gloves, anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #92995

TheNightingale wrote:Snip
This makes no sense.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92997

Pulse rifles are adminspawn only, so they haven't been given decent combat research levels. Origin of combat seven would be good.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #93347

DemonFiren wrote:Actually, only a guaranteed stun against unprotected personnel, and most Cargonians wear gloves, anyway.
>he thinks stuns are not analogous to kills in ss13
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #93782

PKPenguin321 wrote:Oh, and some more neat stuff.
At the end of research, a lot of people tend to get illegal up a few levels by deconning xray guns. This actually doesn't max research. The last few steps are to decon one or two energy crossbows (the one from the protolathe) to get illegal up a bit higher so you can make a thermals implant, then deconning a thermals implant to kick bio up enough to get anti-stun implants. As far as I know, that's as maxed as you can get it/need it.
Since when was all this fancy stuff under illegal tech? I remember the last time I tried that it was a big load of fucknothing, but now you can make ebows and adrenal implants with that thing? What's the tech requirement?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #93784

Pretty fucking high, illegal tech is basically the end-game tech and everything that you can build with it pretty much relies on you already having most other techs researched.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #95216

You can add glass sheets to light replacers to refill it very quickly. Don't forget that you can emag them aswell to have the lights explode when the lights receive power.

Speaking of plasma in electrical things, you can inject plasma into energy cells to have them explode. Explosion size gets bigger with bigger cells. An amusing thing to do as a traitor is leaving a stunprod with a plasma cell lying around and then seeing the average greytider picking it up and accidently exploding 5 people in the bar.

If you plan on using syndicate bombs, always crowbar out the core and apply c4 to it. You can throw it at people like a super powered minibomb with a larger kill/gib zone. It just costs 1 TC more and requires basic, easily obtainable tools. Even if you plan on exploding certain areas this method is superior: You can hide it in containers, it doesn't give off a suspicious beeping sound that makes people run away or notice the bomb, it can't be easily disarmed and the timer is much shorter. Only downside is that it is very easy to move.

Blackpowder and Phlogiston foam grenades turn anyone who was caught in the foam into a bombcap bomb. Really amusing in large crowds or in the escape shuttle.

Something not explosion related: You can use the BRPED through cameras.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95248

Tokiko2 wrote:You can use the BRPED through cameras.
This gave me a jolt of nerdgasm.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #95253

Whats a BRPED?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #95256

Malkevin wrote:Whats a BRPED?
Bluespace Rapid Part Exchange Device.
An upgraded version of the Rapid Part Exchange Device that works from any distance.
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95257

Bluespace rapid part exchange device. Let's you swap parts at a distance
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #95269

Wyzack wrote:Bluespace rapid part exchange device. Let's you swap parts at a distance
And through cameras.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95270

It's all the appeal of telescience with none of the theft potential.

Almost.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #95458

You could try to combine it with the plasma energy cell idea: Print some bluespace energy cells, inject some plasma into them, put them into the BRPED and then "upgrade" machines through cameras to explode them remotely. I'm not actually sure if that works but it should.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95495

Thanks, now launching test server.

If it does work, we need to be able to bluespace cells into APCs, MULEbots and maaaaybe mechs.

EDIT: Report ready.
Rigged cells in SMES don't seem to do anything.
In addition, I've discovered that it does not matter how much plasma you inject. The explosion will always be the same, and it will apparently not gib.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95504

I think i read somewhere that explosion size is dependent on powercell type, with more powerful cells causing bigger explosions.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #95526

Wyzack wrote:I think i read somewhere that explosion size is dependent on powercell type, with more powerful cells causing bigger explosions.
Yeah I heard that somewhere.
Tokiko2 wrote:Speaking of plasma in electrical things, you can inject plasma into energy cells to have them explode. Explosion size gets bigger with bigger cells. An amusing thing to do as a traitor is leaving a stunprod with a plasma cell lying around and then seeing the average greytider picking it up and accidently exploding 5 people in the bar.
Can't remember where though...

On topic, Put armed Mousetrap Signaler + C4 w/ Signaler + Syndicate Bomb Payload in a bag, give it to someone/target/clown and say "Whatever you do, don't open it." and run away before they open it. Even if they throw it away or give it to someone else, someone, somewhere will open it and cause huge damage and gibs.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95532

Caleb Robinson is huffing the lit cigarette as quickly as they can! It looks like he's trying to give himself cancer!

Loving the new item specific suicides, i really did not think the cigarette would have one
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95533

Can I get the PR # for the new suicides?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #95535

DemonFiren wrote:Can I get the PR # for the new suicides?
no cos I'm lazy but it's Xhuis' summer thaw PR.
私は完璧
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #97640

You can carry partially-completed securitrons and ED-209s in your backpack and deploy them en-masse by clicking the last part in. Pair with a sechud for victory.
DrunkenMatey
Byond Username: DrunkenMatey

Post by DrunkenMatey » #97642

Alt-left click on the crusher or any other tile that has an ungodly amount of shit piled up and you can go through it without lagging yourself out for a minute (like when you right click it).
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #97723

Ripleys can pick up almost anything with their clamp (and lots of it). You can pick up crates, machine frames, lockers, even other unfinished mechs.

In theory, you could make say, 5 durands, but don't do the final step (weld). scoop them all up + a locker full of pilots and mech equipment.
Then you cancarry them where ever, and deploy an entire squad of combat mechs at once. Honk.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #97754

All it takes to break an electrified grill is throwing a toolbox at it twice. Fast and easy.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #97765

Scott wrote:All it takes to break an electrified grill is throwing a toolbox at it twice. Fast and easy.
Try the glass shard after you broke the window. Good for when you're in perma.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #97941

Saegrimr wrote:
Scott wrote:All it takes to break an electrified grill is throwing a toolbox at it twice. Fast and easy.
Try the glass shard after you broke the window. Good for when you're in perma.
Pretty sure it has to be a force 10 object. Fire extinguishers also work and are plenty though (great during malf).
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #97943

You can destroy a grille with a glass shard safely.

Or it used to be somewhat safe, now that spessmen can bleed I don't know if it's a good method of breaching.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #97965

No, you throw the shard at the grille to break it, thereby not taking any damage
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #97996

Electrified grilles do a fuck load of damage to xenos. Set up electrified grilles as barricades and laugh as the xenos crit themselves trying to break through
Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #98015

If you don't want people to be able to escape using the escape pods just dismantle the chairs and emag the door open. Anyone that tries to escape will be left in space.

(Pretty sure this still works?)
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #98017

You can build things on shuttle turfs now, so someone could anchor themselves in place by putting a machine frame in the doorway. Either that or metal foam.
Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #98025

What if you replace the chairs with tables? Will they still fly off if they are on a table? I 'spose they can just dismantle them or at least the one by the window to trap them self in, but if its a last minute dash to the pod they would be able to do much.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98035

Zaffre wrote:What if you replace the chairs with tables? Will they still fly off if they are on a table? I 'spose they can just dismantle them or at least the one by the window to trap them self in, but if its a last minute dash to the pod they would be able to do much.
Just fill the pod with R-walls or other similarly frustrating objects.
Mime: Depresso
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #98042

How to safely uncuff a prisoner in the brig. It's such a small thing but it makes the most tremendous difference if you've got violent prisoners or the brig is just busy generally. Not sure why this took so long to learn, to be honest.

Starting with them cuffed, you drag their sprite to yours, take out your baton, prod them with it, remove the cuffs, prod again, middle mouse click to switch hands, pick up cuffs, and leave. Simple, safe, effective against anything without anti-stun powers (changeling, implanted person). Stun-Uncuff-Stun-Leave. And now I'm not getting attacked by people any more!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #98045

it's actually even easier.
Hold your baton in your active hand, start decuffing. Baton half way through, and it doesn't interrupt the decuffing process. Then you have enough time to grab the cuffs and leave, or baton them again to be sure.
That's how I do it atleast.

Also large grenade casing from R&D are useless for pretty much everything except slime reaction nades. Until I noticed that it increases the AOE not of smoke, foam or explosions, but the area in which it throw chemicals.
Chemicals such as ClF3.

A simple nade with 1u of ClF3 in a large nade casing makes a retardly huge fireball - shit's fun.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #98058

invisty wrote:
Zaffre wrote:What if you replace the chairs with tables? Will they still fly off if they are on a table? I 'spose they can just dismantle them or at least the one by the window to trap them self in, but if its a last minute dash to the pod they would be able to do much.
Just fill the pod with R-walls or other similarly frustrating objects.
Or just deconstruct the pod with your standard bluebox-variety tools and a space suit. ;)
RIPLEYs work even better, what with their drill for easier floor tile destruction and natural spaceworthiness.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #98483

Tacticool turtlenecks are armored with melee = 10
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #98502

inb4 every gang ever always takes tacticool turtlenecks for DAT 10 MELEE ARMOR
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #98512

Gotta b powergayman erryday
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #98540

Miauw wrote:inb4 every gang ever always takes tacticool turtlenecks for DAT 10 MELEE ARMOR
All gang outfits have their armor values overridden with this:

Melee=20 Bullet=30 Laser=10 Bomb=20

10 melee armor has nothing on these
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #98585

Suiciding with a fedora == Fun