TC trade ideas

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

TC trade ideas

Post by Helios » #158015

Post here TC trade ideas that aren't trading for Abductor/revenant/morph/swarmer
Revolver seeds as a botanist is a rare but interesting trade.
Wizarditis is a fun trade but not lethal since it doesn't actually teleport you.
Getting the ability to make cult floors, the artificer ability is something that seems fun.
Speaking of which, trying to trade for a cult construct could work, since your artificers soul stones would be unusable.
I know one person always used to trade for a cigarette that would cast smoke with a similar cool down, that would be fun. Bonus points if it gave out healing smoke meaning using it for murder bones was impossible.
An interesting challenge that you can do is trade for a prison uniform and ID, and an announcement saying they are transferring a dangerous prisoner and that they can't execute you. Bonus points if you implant yourself with an uplink or storage implant so you actually have the possibility of breaking out of perma or gulag.
Last edited by Helios on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Re: TC trade ideas

Post by newfren » #158020

trading for revolver seeds is an interesting way to waste all of your round waiting for the seeds to actually grow (they take like 8 minutes to grow haha).

Or I could... buy a revolver.
Helios

Post by Helios » #158022

newfren wrote:trading for revolver seeds is an interesting way to waste all of your round waiting for the seeds to actually grow (they take like 8 minutes to grow haha).

Can't you use their seeds to grow more revolvers?
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #158030

This might not work anymore, but trading to be infected with Jungle Fever can be fun for some monkey memes.
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #158034

I'm fond of giving out toy LMG's with 50 round bursts that make meme sounds, usually for like 1TC because fuck spending 4TC's on a toy gun
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #158048

Someone needs to code an item that when used makes all of Command and Security turn into lizards with generic names.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #158079

Incorporeal move set to 2
2 nodrop telebatons
And a promise to not actually kill anyone
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #158082

Helios wrote:Speaking of which, trying to trade for a cult construct could work, since your artificers soul stones would be unusable.

Well... no.
Helios

Post by Helios » #158143

Buggy wrote:
Helios wrote:Speaking of which, trying to trade for a cult construct could work, since your artificers soul stones would be unusable.

Well... no.
Wizard soulstones are unusable by the crew I thought because of those flags
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #158177

Helios wrote:
newfren wrote:trading for revolver seeds is an interesting way to waste all of your round waiting for the seeds to actually grow (they take like 8 minutes to grow haha).

Can't you use their seeds to grow more revolvers?
Why do I need more than 1 revolver? If I'm revolver memeing anyway I probably have an autolathe set up in maint somewhere to shit out ammo for me which is a lot quicker than waiting for gatfruit to grow.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #158178

Revolver seeds exist?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #158179

The power to vomit BBBEEEESSSS!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #158180

Zilenan91 wrote:Revolver seeds exist?
Yeah dude, gatfruit. Lurk moar

Also I've always kinda wanted to TC trade for a pAI who had wizard spells like fireball but I don't know if that would actually work
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #158183

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Also I've always kinda wanted to TC trade for a pAI who had wizard spells like fireball but I don't know if that would actually work
As I understand it, pAI's are an invisible mob that follows the pAI card. Fireball might not work since it couldn't control it's facing, but I think most others would.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #158185

Drynwyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

As I understand it, pAI's are an invisible mob that follows the pAI card. Fireball might not work since it couldn't control it's facing, but I think most others would.
ahahaha just imagine a pai with mindswap
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #158201

Yeah I used to run a gimmick where i'd give myself the flicker_lights spell as a PAI named LIGHTSWITCH and just mash that constantly until I got wiped.

Can't cast spells as a pAI anymore which sucks.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Buggy
Byond Username: Buggy1234

Post by Buggy » #158406

Helios wrote:
Buggy wrote:

Well... no.
Wizard soulstones are unusable by the crew I thought because of those flags
If you can use the inital soulstone, you can use all the soulstones that the artificer made by it makes.
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #168249

Trading for Dankest Dungeon's Bounty Hunters set, with meat hook, flashbangs and smoke grenades, military belt and whatever he had for melee combat. Combine with power outage and thermals for maximum treasures/stress
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #168277

> A sentient rampaging emu that can be worn so long as you wear a syndicate/australian flag on your back clearly marking you as valid for 20 tc (given that unrefined emus can crit you instantly)

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #176151

TC traded for one man cult in a double agent, had a load of fun. Effortlessly kidnapped and sacced two people to create constructs, then managed to catch CJ and convert him too - and then his holoparasite, who I've managed to somehow not die from. Then the Head of Personnel found our base, threw a minibomb at it and destroyed the constructs. I've decided to retreat and hide, while CJ has somehow died by the hands of an engieborg and his fire extinguisher. After all my cult died, I've started again in another maint. Sadly, the shuttle was called too soon and I didn't get to have too much fun, but it was still only my cult and one traitor, who emagged the console, escaping.

10/10, would tc trade again.

[22:24:39]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : DATUM ANTAG PREVIEW
[22:24:42]SAY: Ghost/smeller : datum antag when
Bring back papercult.