Test 3: No Secborgs

General SS13 Chat
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Re: Test 3: No Secborgs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163109

Bottom post of the previous page:

Malkevin wrote:Could've just tossed more flashes and laser pointers about the place.

The big bad borg isn't much of a threat when it can't move (or speak?) for more time than it takes to scrap it with your esword.
I'd rather just not have the module if you think that's fun.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163114

ShadowDimentio wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:True, but as I said, what's the difference between the AI dispatching a secborg and them dispatching a guard? It still ends with the traitor getting dunked, rendering the secborg removal COMPLETELY pointless except to make the AI's life more difficult.
>make the AI's life more difficult
PKPenguin321 wrote:as it should be
not to mention that if you honestly think that borgs are just as easy or easier to defeat than human sec officers when playing as the average antagonist, you need to reevaluate that because you are incorrect in the most factual sense
Every antagonist has hard counters to borgs (EMPs, guns, screech) or doesn't give a single fuck about them (blob). If you're SERIOUSLY that afraid of the big bad secborg but don't take anything to counter them it's your own fault when you get fucked. Removing things because of bad playing is a fucking stupid way to do things.

It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight and complaining you keep losing until the guns get removed.
>he honestly thinks borgs are easier to defeat than human sec officers
N I C E
i know to ignore your opinions now
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #163126

Maybe he actually carries counters. Can't wait for you to demand engineering borg removal next because you are too sloppy to carry tools.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #163129

Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Could've just tossed more flashes and laser pointers about the place.

The big bad borg isn't much of a threat when it can't move (or speak?) for more time than it takes to scrap it with your esword.
>I'd rather be really powerful and not have any hard counters.

Part of the problem, etc.
Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163152

Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:

No I'd rather you just remove the module if you think getting stunned forever is fun.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163160

Incomptinence wrote:Maybe he actually carries counters. Can't wait for you to demand engineering borg removal next because you are too sloppy to carry tools.
in what way do run of the mill tools stop engi borgs

btw nice slippery slope, i'm fine with engie borgs and shit, sec borgs are just bad because of their instinctual validhunting nature, not because "oh no scary borgs remove them"
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:>I'd rather be really powerful and not have any hard counters.
powerful and with very few hard counters
hmm what does that remind me of
it's secborgs :)
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163171

PKPenguin321 wrote:btw nice slippery slope, i'm fine with engie borgs and shit, sec borgs are just bad because of their instinctual validhunting nature, not because "oh no scary borgs remove them"

it's borgs
Translated: "It's not about oh no scary borgs remove them, it's just about oh no scary borgs remove them"

Literally in the same fucking post are you retarded
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #163172

Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:

No I'd rather you just remove the module if you think getting stunned forever is fun.
By that logic we should remove humans because getting cuffed means you're stunned forever :roll:
Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163176

Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:

By that logic we should remove humans because getting cuffed means you're stunned forever :roll:
You can talk while cuffed.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #163178

Zero valid reasons to remove secborgs.

Also I am noting a lot of unrobust players who can't deal with the easiest thing to disable in the entire game.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163181

ShadowDimentio wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:btw nice slippery slope, i'm fine with engie borgs and shit, sec borgs are just bad because of their instinctual validhunting nature, not because "oh no scary borgs remove them"

it's borgs
Translated: "It's not about oh no scary borgs remove them, it's just about oh no scary borgs remove them"

Literally in the same fucking post are you retarded
second part was specifically secborgs but i shortened it to just borgs, calm down and stop jumping to conclusions so you can call me retarded. deep breaths, friend.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163186

I said it once, I'll say it again.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Every antagonist has hard counters to borgs (EMPs, guns, screech) or doesn't give a single fuck about them (blob). If you're SERIOUSLY that afraid of the big bad secborg but don't take anything to counter them it's your own fault when you get fucked. Removing things because of bad playing is a fucking stupid way to do things.

It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight and complaining you keep losing until the guns get removed.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163209

ShadowDimentio wrote:I said it once, I'll say it again.
ShadowDimentio wrote:Every antagonist has hard counters to borgs (EMPs, guns, screech) or doesn't give a single fuck about them (blob). If you're SERIOUSLY that afraid of the big bad secborg but don't take anything to counter them it's your own fault when you get fucked. Removing things because of bad playing is a fucking stupid way to do things.

having a single forced counter that you have to play by as an antagonist or else you get instadunked by a borg is not good gameplay. ss13 benefits from variety between rounds, and with borgs having so few counters, there is very little room for said variety. i do not think what you pointed out is a good reason to keep secborgs.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163217

ShadowDimentio wrote:Removing things because of bad playing is a fucking stupid way to do things.
Two words: GET GOOD
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163220

ShadowDimentio wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:le self quote
CARRY A FLASH AT ALL TIMES OR ELSE YOU LOSE HAHA ISN'T THIS FUN AND EMERGENT GAMEPLAY
nice meme
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163232

ShadowDimentio wrote:Every antagonist has hard counters to borgs (EMPs, guns, screech) or doesn't give a single fuck about them (blob). If you're SERIOUSLY that afraid of the big bad secborg but don't take anything to counter them it's your own fault when you get fucked.
Are you illiterate or are you just ignoring anything you can't strawman

Because we've been dancing back and forth for something like ten posts and honestly you're just making yourself look like an idiot on this
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #163234

ShadowDimentio wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Every antagonist has hard counters to borgs (EMPs, guns, screech) or doesn't give a single fuck about them (blob). If you're SERIOUSLY that afraid of the big bad secborg but don't take anything to counter them it's your own fault when you get fucked.

Because we've been dancing back and forth for something like ten posts and honestly you're just making yourself look like an idiot on this
Good meme
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #163235

Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:

Not if I mute sting you / dose you up with morphine then remove your headset.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163237

ShadowDimentio wrote:

i have already responded to this exact post saying why it is not good. if anybody is illiterate it is you, although i don't blame you for not being able to read things through your blind rage. deep breaths, friendo. deeeep breaths.
Spoiler:
Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163238

Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Shad0vvs wrote:

Not if I mute sting you / dose you up with morphine then remove your headset.
That takes more than one item/object/time.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #163239

If secborgs are removed we need a red outfit for service borgs.
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #163271

Okay, both sides should calm down a bit.

But I understand the frustration, because it honestly basically does boil down to "It's too hard to deal with" from the anti-secborg peoples. They want a single be-all-end-all means to defeat any opponent they may face.

Maybe there should be more flashes laying around maint or antags should be able to buy laser pointers or whatever if that makes them happy.

But you know how the parapen used to be an instant knock out? Blind, paralysed, muted and deafened? And how that was deemed too OP and nerfed? Well Borgs were nerfed to have flashes and laserpointers and all other forms of EMP just like that. And flashes have muliple uses without cooldown. You can disable a borg with a single click and can kill it with whatever you have at hand. And every antag has that, some even have it build in into other abilities or get it for basically free.

Maybe it's easy to forget all these rounds in which Secborgs get disposed of by antags rather easily.

But we are running in circles here.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #163273

You can kill a borg with a flash, but you can also kill anyone ever with a stunbaton. It's functionally exactly the same except you can't kill them with the same flash, since flashes can't be used to beat people with and nobody really carries them anymore because they also don't stun people. Furthermore, good fucking luck ever getting near them with a flash because they have a disabler with like 90 shots in it that they can spam forever and kill you with.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #163275

I just dislike Sec borgs because Security is meant to be the main push force against round antagonists (outside of vigilantes and self-defence). Security Cyborgs add another, equally powerful, push force against antagonists.

Silicon's will continue to help security if there is no sec borg, but it'll be in more of a support role than a direct action role.
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #163312

You can kill a borg with a flash, but you can also kill anyone ever with a stunbaton.

And a stunbaton doesn't even blind, mute and deafen the victim. A flashed borg cannot even cry for help or see what's going on.

I just dislike Sec borgs because Security is meant to be the main push force against round antagonist...

This might actually be a player problem on the silicon's side as the primary priority for security borgs should be to prevent harm (depending on laws). Like I've said before I've seen many rounds in which silicons and security are at each others throat because of that.

Maybe giving the secborg a different painjob (blue or whatever) and calling them "peacekeeper" borg or whatever would get the message across better. Even though you already get a big red message once you choose secborg that tells you all that stuff already.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #163338

HYUK HYUK GOOD LUCK GETTING CLOSE WITH A MELEE FLASH!

You do know you can still use button a flash to white out the screen of people around you right? I mean it is one of the few melee weapons that protects you at all even if it is pretty ghetto.

Anyway this is a relentless march wonder what the people behind this want next.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #163345

Incomptinence wrote:Anyway this is a relentless march wonder what the people behind this want next.
Crew members are all noodle armed nerds that can't attack anyone because they all spawn with clumsy.
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #163347

I don't even get what's so bad about borgs being "valid hunting shits", if that's all people do, besides play the grief lottery, in this game.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #163355

GeeElAge wrote:I don't even get what's so bad about borgs being "valid hunting shits", if that's all people do, besides play the grief lottery, in this game.
Shhh... don't admit that or Kor will ban you.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #163461

secborgs aren't being removed because they're good or hard.

They're being removed because they encourage the AI to play too much like a second security force.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163464

They're also completely overpowered for anything antagonistic and are too effective an enabler for people to grief.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #163471

After extending the trial due to initially promising results, the headmins have decided unanimously that removing secborgs seems to be a net positive. We have another test as part of HG's wild ride, but it won't be for a week or two as it requires a new config option.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #163478

sec borgs have been retarded for years and anyone who disagrees is fail and has AIDS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163502

Incomptinence wrote:HYUK HYUK GOOD LUCK GETTING CLOSE WITH A MELEE FLASH!

You do know you can still use button a flash to white out the screen of people around you right? I mean it is one of the few melee weapons that protects you at all even if it is pretty ghetto.

Anyway this is a relentless march wonder what the people behind this want next.
last time i tried this on a borg it didn't actually stun or blind them at all
that was a while ago and i havent tried it since then but i'm pretty sure the AOE flash only works on carbons
Hornygranny wrote:After extending the trial due to initially promising results, the headmins have decided unanimously that removing secborgs seems to be a net positive. We have another test as part of HG's wild ride, but it won't be for a week or two as it requires a new config option.
:mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #163536

Thus the end of security cyborgs came not with a bang, but a whimper.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #163539

And thus the shitters win!
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #163542

This is really incredible...

I could rant, but it's not worth it anymore, plus it's hard to put in words how pathetic this all is.

I hope we will get the no-security and antags-aren't-valid test weeks as well, because they're just as ridiculous as this is.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163543

dionysus24779 wrote:I hope we will get the no-security and antags-aren't-valid test weeks as well, because they're just as ridiculous as this is.
not even remotely close babe

1 borg module (that the game is better without) VS a whole department and a fundamental server policy
it's not quite as ridiculous
Spoiler:
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #163552

I don't care anymore, I'm gonna take a huge break from this game. Will make a lot of people happy too.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #163557

On the topic of other tests, no security and lessened greytiding rules would be an interesting thing to see. Assistants would be tasked with breaking into the brig and fighting over all the loot they could get their grubby hands on.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #163560

No-Security would turn into Capn/HoP Security.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163561

Zilenan91 wrote:On the topic of other tests, no security and lessened greytiding rules would be an interesting thing to see. Assistants would be tasked with breaking into the brig and fighting over all the loot they could get their grubby hands on.
It's like a space version of Lord of the Flies
Spoiler:
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #163594

Zilenan91 wrote:On the topic of other tests, no security and lessened greytiding rules would be an interesting thing to see. Assistants would be tasked with breaking into the brig and fighting over all the loot they could get their grubby hands on.
Sounds like your average mid-pop no-sec round. Why would this need a test if we already get rounds like that occasionally?
Puglord
Byond Username: Puglord64

Post by Puglord » #163620

I like how the Secborgs looked...
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #163666

As a sometimes borg player i am kinda glad they are gone. I always hated getting borged only to have people to tell me to go secborg because we have no security (again). I just wanna mop dammit
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #163671

Overall the removal of secborgs has been pretty smooth. The only issue I've seen so far is that it's very hard for borgs to prevent human harm now when someone starts murderboning. You're basically useless outside of dragging bodies because every other way borgs have to prevent harm would cause harm. You've got a flash but that burns out quick and you can't cuff anyone. It's probably just an issue of getting used to it. I used to frequently change to a sec borg when shit hits the fan.

Edit: One idea that might be interesting. Maybe code a special reset board that will turn a borg into a sec borg. Make them un-printable. Put 1 of those boards inside a safe that will only open during red alert, like those space suit lockers on the pods. Put the safe either on the bridge or in the RD's office. That way when there's a major threat to the station a sec borg can be made to help defend.

The IC reason could maybe be that Sec Borgs are incredibly dangerous when they go rogue so they should only be used in an emergency. Like Revs, Cult, or Gangs when they go out of control. Or Ops.

An unslaved Asimov Sec borg could be a kind of an emergency trump card. That way you don't have a validhunting silicon ruining the round for antags all the time but you still have the option when SHTF.
--Crocodillo

Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #163672

dionysus24779 wrote:I don't care anymore, I'm gonna take a huge break from this game. Will make a lot of people happy too.
I'll miss you friend.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #163720

we've moved onto the next test.

Spoiler:
dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #164619

By the way, Borgs now seem to be randomly knocked out by damage (even lasers) which if I'm not wrong about this (and I just had a round where I was knocked out by a laser) this is a pretty huge nerf.

Plus Silicons now have ZERO ranged options, meaning humans can just run circles around them and shoot all day every day.
Shad0vvs wrote:I'll miss you friend.
Thanks that's sweet.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #164654

dionysus24779 wrote:By the way, Borgs now seem to be randomly knocked out by damage (even lasers) which if I'm not wrong about this (and I just had a round where I was knocked out by a laser) this is a pretty huge nerf.
i don't think this was ever actually added or even coded, just suggested in the ideas board
maybe you ran out of battery or something
dionysus24779 wrote:Plus Silicons now have ZERO ranged options, meaning humans can just run circles around them and shoot all day every day.
and this is a bad thing because...
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #164729

I am confused and terrified by this thread.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med