What's your favorite ops setup?

General SS13 Chat
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

What's your favorite ops setup?

Post by yackemflam » #168059

Simply put. What do you get with 40 TC when your leader says 'fuck it, grab what you want.'?

I grab the elite hardsuit, 3 flame throwers, a moist nugget + 2 mags, and a macrobomb.

I try my best to convince the other operatives to grab an elite hardsuit.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
TankNut
Byond Username: TankNut

Re: What's your favorite ops setup?

Post by TankNut » #168068

I usually go for the elite hardsuit, C20r bundle and thermals. Adding up to 24 crystals, the rest are often spent on bombs and more magazines because you can never have enough hull breaches during nuke.

I always forget to bring an emag for some reason.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #168069

Depending on the rest of the team, I either donate my TCs being the designated driver, go medic, or grab a snoipah kit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #168160

I prefer a quiet infiltrator setup. If I had 40 TC, here's what I'd get:
  • Chameleon kit (4 TC)
  • Thermals (11 TC)
  • Emag (17 TC)
  • Chameleon projector (24 TC)
  • Freedom implant (28 TC)
Remaining TC, if any, is spent on what I think I'll need. Suppressors are handy but not required, and Bulldog stun or bioterror slugs are a lifesaver against unshielded targets.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #168227

Pyro bundle. Put on the shorts, drink the booze, do the drugs, and proceed to burn everything with the backpack of fiery fuck-you. I usually trade the auto-pistol for more mags of the stetch and use bluespace storage implant since pyros storage is at premium with backpack if tc amount allows.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #168316

All balloons.
CrunchyCHEEZIT
Byond Username: CrunchyCHEEZIT

Post by CrunchyCHEEZIT » #168331

All medibeams

Cross the beams in the shuttle and blow it up before we even get to the station

We were only PRETENDING to be retarded.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #168361

All flamethrowers

All elite suits (for fireproofing)

All the other junk (stetchkins for the 3 people with fireproof clothing, emags, c4, minibombs, some sort of esword for when they inevitably resist, a medibeam gun if you get the points, whatever, pretty much anything works so long as you're all fireproof). It is the perfect crowd control build, a fairly strong counter to most of security, and it looks scary as fuck.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #168408

Reece wrote:All balloons.
So two balloons?
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:All medibeams

Cross the beams in the shuttle and blow it up before we even get to the station

We were only PRETENDING to be retarded.
Cheimon wrote:All flamethrowers

All elite suits (for fireproofing)

All the other junk (stetchkins for the 3 people with fireproof clothing, emags, c4, minibombs, some sort of esword for when they inevitably resist, a medibeam gun if you get the points, whatever, pretty much anything works so long as you're all fireproof). It is the perfect crowd control build, a fairly strong counter to most of security, and it looks scary as fuck.
Wrong thread. This is when the leader says 'Fuck it, buy what you want.' Meaning you have no control on what the other guys buy.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #168579

DARK GYGAX
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #168596

40TC? Eshield (16), C20r bundle (14=30), chameleon kit (4=34), emag(6=40). Assist the team in the initial assault, then split off and infiltrate with the chameleon kit, sabotage whatever you can with the emag, and take a crack at the Captain with your C20r/eshield when you can.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #169453

Another favorite is to buy 12 mags of 10mm ammo for my stetchkin, be a pseudo LMG, a adrenaline implant and a macrobomb implant.
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #169477

Dual Esword, adrenals, noslips. Nobody expects dual esword.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #169480

Luke Cox wrote:Dual Esword, adrenals, noslips. Nobody expects dual esword.
No one expect a e-shield either, funny shit to see when sec stun themselves
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #169609

Go war, get everybody a gygax and just sprint in with leg actuators.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #169613

my favorite of all time was going all in with m90, lots of ammo and elite hardsuit, never lost one round with this
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #169626

The unloved rock wrote:Go war, get everybody a gygax and just sprint in with leg actuators.
is that even possible?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #169676

cocothegogo wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:Go war, get everybody a gygax and just sprint in with leg actuators.
is that even possible?
I'm pretty sure that it's mathematically impossible
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #169724

kazeespada wrote:DARK GYGAX
Please note that this is a 40tc for YOURSELF ops thread, the team thread can be located here :^) https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 94#p167594
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #170609

yackemflam wrote:
kazeespada wrote:DARK GYGAX
Please note that this is a 40tc for YOURSELF ops thread, the team thread can be located here :^) https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 94#p167594
Dark Gygax is 30 TCs, that means theres still 10 left to get some support weapons.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #170613

God damn did they nerf the cost then. If you bomb the armory you're invincible.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #171241

Another setup
Macrobomb
Chameleon set
silencer
emag
adrenaline implant
rest on pistol ammo
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #171249

I have never gone wrong with a C20 bundle and an E-shield. Any TCs I have left over will probably go to an emag and ammo.

What can I say, I'm an old-skool OP
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #171250

I don't play Awperatives because having to potentially be dragged down by three other retarded monkeys and now being allowed to toolbox them sounds awful

If I did though I'd get the passive shield thingy, a solid gun, and adrenals.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #171255

ShadowDimentio wrote:I don't play Awperatives because having to potentially be dragged down by three other retarded monkeys and now being allowed to toolbox them sounds awful

If I did though I'd get the passive shield thingy, a solid gun, and adrenals.
Just go lone wolf once the syndie shuttle departs.
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #171580

the one where we split up and get picked off one by one
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
kazeespada

Post by kazeespada » #171707

Turns out that Gygaxes are 80. I just was remember a war round where I could afford one by myself and I was so excited.