So to make Kudzu you need to get weed level6 and mutagen it?

General SS13 Chat
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

So to make Kudzu you need to get weed level6 and mutagen it?

Post by Bombadil » #187410

Right?

It's just rng if you get it or not from other deadly weeds?
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: So to make Kudzu you need to get weed level6 and mutagen

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187411

RNG.

Also we have a simple question thread for this baka
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #187413

ShadowDimentio wrote:RNG.

>Implying botany is simple
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #187418

Bombadil wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:RNG.

>Implying botany is simple
Uh it is.
Use hoe.
Use bucket.
Use seeds.
Use fertilizer.
???
Profit off 2000 grown goods,

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187730

Also no. To get kudzu get your weed level above 4 in an empty tray and then apply sugar. Ideally through a dropper. This is not guaranteed to give you Kudzu, so you may have to try multiple times. Keep in mind there are always high weed-level trays in the Garden since nobody ever farms there so if you run out of plants in botany itself check there.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #187749

OR mutagen (5 units) on an empty tray with 6 weeds or more. Sugar can speed up weed growth. As the others have said, it's rng.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #188062

Sugar won't cause any new plants to grow, it just ups weed and pest levels by a random amount. It does this no matter what size the dose is, so use one unit. Once weed level is 6 or higher, dosing the tray with 5u of mutagen can randomly cause a weed mutation (if weed is below this threshold, you'll see a message about the weeds "settling down" and no mutation instead). Mutant weeds will be either kudzu, deathnettle, destroying angel, or liberty caps, chosen at random. Note that these are different plants from the list that will result if you just allow a high-weed tray to develop a weed naturally (regular nettles, starshittle, liberty caps, and fly amanita I think). You don't need a plant in the tray to make this work; in fact, having one in the tray while doing this is an inconvenience as you will likely kill or mutate it. Using the same technique but with pests level allows the arachnid-friendly botanist to make two spiderlings per pest mutation (if pests is 6 or higher, which it almost never is, otherwise you get a similar message to the weed one). It's more mutagen, sugar, and time expensive though, as one of the random effects of 5u mutations can be to zero pest level. Nevertheless with large supplies of both you can shit spiders faster than any ten lings.
Making the kudzu plant in the tray is only the first step, however. Ordinary kudzu is weak and pathetic, succumbing to welder assistants and even that cuck goat the chef keeps around. If you want the real good shit you're gonna need max potency kudzu, you're gonna need to take that kudzu and breed traits into it, and then you're gonna need to modify the yield and production to max with the gene machine before replanting it. Then you plant it on a tile in the backroom, stand diagonally adjacent so you don't get cucked by a sudden aggressive spread mutation, and keep cutting it down with your hatchet when it spreads off that tile. Eventually, when it spreads, the new kudzu will be a different color and have a random trait. There's a bunch, some of which you've already met, I'm sure. At that point, you want to cut down your original tile, leaving only the mutant kudzu, and then you want to restart the process with that tile until you have a few fun traits (if you see a trait you DON'T want, just cut it away). There's two variants that you need to be ready to get rid of immediately though. Aggressive spread kudzu will crit you at max potency if you're directly adjacent to it, so you want to back off as soon as you see black vines and hit that shit with the Plant-B-Gone from a tile or two away. Always make sure to get rid of the non-aggressive kudzu first, though, because you want dat seed. Hardened vines will grow faster so you can cut them down, but are vulnerable to Plant-B-Gone and can be walked through until maturity, so there's another situation where you want to quickly hit as much of it as you can before your entire backroom gets cucked and you have to shame walk to Ass Garden. If you've been doing this all correctly you're down to one tile of kudzu with a list of traits that you want in it. Cut that tile down with the hatchet or Plant-B-Gone and a seed will appear. The seed will have 4 yield, carry over the potency and production, and have all those fun traits you just built into it. Shove the kudzu seed into the plant machine and buff the yield and production (the plant machine will display incorrect stats for the seed for some reason, ignore them, just max yield and production) and then stick it in a tray. When it's ready, you'll have 30 kudzu pods you can turn into 60-90 kudzu seeds, which you can put in a plant bag and go to town. There's a lot of crew, and they hate vines, but crew response can only scale linearly and has a limit in the number of living crewmembers. Vines scale quadratically and their limit is the Z-level. If you plant enough seeds, quickly enough, across a wide enough portion of the station, the crew will be essentially helpless to stop it. Make sure to target high value areas like Brig and wherever that asshole who took the glass in Aux Tool works. It's about as good as releasing the singularity, but way more fun to watch in my humble opinion.
There is a method for using chems in the tray to remove different types of traits, but I've never really found much use for it.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #188119

get weed to level 6 and smoke it
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #188135

Certain odd chemicals, such as sterilizine, can mutate kudzu without the process described earlier when put in a tray.

Also, become a podman before you do this if possible- as of recently they have the vines faction which prevents many kudzu mutations from being a problem for you.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #188202

Drynwyn wrote:Also, become a podman before you do this if possible- as of recently they have the vines faction which prevents many kudzu mutations from being a problem for you.
There is a bug that prevents podmen from being immune to vines, and the PR to fix it was closed by Kor for balance reasons.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #188492

Bob Dobbington wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:Also, become a podman before you do this if possible- as of recently they have the vines faction which prevents many kudzu mutations from being a problem for you.
There is a bug that prevents podmen from being immune to vines, and the PR to fix it was closed by Kor for balance reasons.
"bug"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #188514

Podmen being immune to vines would't be so bad if it still hindered them, like removing all worn items with a 'the vines destroy your unnatural possesions' message or something. Kudzu's buffshave turned it (with some prep) into station raping deathvines that can legitimetely chew through everything that it comes across without slowing down, being able to completly ignore that is broken as hell.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #188517

If someone has the time and effort to be an antag, get cloned via poding, and cultivate hell kudzu they deserve to be able to rampage like the god they are.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #188571

Why? It's not that hard and not really all that time consuming, so long as you lack a chef you're pretty much the king of your little corner.