Dissecting a successful Nuke war.

General SS13 Chat
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Dissecting a successful Nuke war.

Post by J_Madison » #218055

[youtube]e1xUOhAwDyk[/youtube]

Starting at 4:40, I'm going to discuss the success of War Ops during a high population round and dissect what happened.

Each one of us had a specific role during the assault and we had specific equipment for our jobs.
For the majority of the time we were rarely seperated for prolonged periods of time.
Good communication is key, everyone had planned out and constant communication wasn't needed since we were frequently paired. And we were all armed to the teeth being war ops.

I am the Point man; the first man into the assault, I got the first kills of the mission and I tanked several stuns. That's why I have adrenaline implants.

I made several mistakes, such as pushing too far, or getting left alone. But by strength and guile, and my adrenaline implant, I am able to win or stalemate every fight.

Notice the mech pushed hallways with shielded operators being healed by a medic.
A mech alone will get quickly disabled and killed. But pair it with a shielded operator and it will be extremely difficult to kill them.

The mech was always in the front of a push since it offered cover and crowd control; I couldn't handle a swarm of stunbatons, but a mech could easily set them alight and punch away.
The borg and eswordsman offered massive support since they were able to tank shots from guns and energy weapons. Distracting crew and forcing them to use stun batons and chase them instead of focusing on someone shooting at them like me.

Splitting into groups of 2-3 allowed my team to keep eachother alive, and push and secure hallways.
The mech, the borg, small bombs and smoke grenades create cover and put off crew from attacking due to it's crowd control.

All of this bought time to let my team plant bombs at the brig, which forced the captain out who was quickly killed.

In conclusion, to win war ops we had several factors. Here are five of them;
Crowd control - suppressing large numbers of the crew prevents you getting mobbed.
Good engagement - whenever we got into a prolonged fight, we entered the fight with bombs and fire.
Good disengagement - we had equipment to make a retreat and disengage from a fight with, such as bombs, smoke, and suppressing fire from the borg and the medic's riot foam dart gun.
Co-ordinated attacks - each person was supporting eachother and pincered the bridge, locking all the crew inside of the bridge with the bomb we planted.
Potent firepower - very few skirmishes we had with crew we lost. Almost every major contact with crew resulted in more of the crew dying; especially the more well armed crew members.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Dissecting a successful Nuke war.

Post by oranges » #218060

What you thought happened: tactics and planning along with good coordination

what really happened: You got lucky with the antag rolls and had a bunch of competent players.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #218065

>im going to black out half the chat screen thats a good trick
why
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #218070

oranges wrote:What you thought happened: tactics and planning along with good coordination

what really happened: You got lucky with the antag rolls and had a bunch of competent players.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #218084

TheColdTurtle wrote:>im going to black out half the chat screen thats a good trick
why
Personal information over Steam and Skype.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #218099

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
oranges wrote:What you thought happened: tactics and planning along with good coordination

In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #218100

Drynwyn wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:

Empty quote
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med