Remove extended from rotation

General SS13 Chat
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Remove extended from rotation

Post by peoplearestrange » #225182

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kor wrote: It's bizarre and confusing that people are called shitters if they're bored when once every 50 rounds or so the game just says "nah lol nevermind there isn't gameplay this time and this will last for two hours"
But this, and most of the other comments for removing it, are based on the flawed concept that the game cannot move forward with out antags being actively choosen.

In all honesty traitors are given a free reign, apposed to HAVING to complete exactly your objectives and no more, BECAUSE the game is free flowing. Not having antags doesn't remove all the intresting game mechinics, tiny detail, room for experimentation and interesting human interactions.

For me its under the same guise that round start suicide because traitor not get. This game is too loose, too graphically shitty, to warrent the game play iteself being the driving force. Its never been that and if you try to make it that it'll be a very different game you make.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #225206

This is a fucking video game the main point is gameplay
bockman22
Byond Username: Bockman22

Post by bockman22 » #225211

High pop Basil can't handle extended anymore. Too many players that want to intrude and stop autism projects that I want to make piss me off already. Extended is fine on basil at 40-30 player but anymore and jobs can't be fulfilled. I think the main problem is the constant high pop that is on basil and metastation itself isn't made to support a big population.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #225212

Basil needs chemo.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225213

Stop trying to get rid of players you caustic dickweeds
bockman22
Byond Username: Bockman22

Post by bockman22 » #225214

I'm saying stay out of my autism fortress
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #225216

iamgoofball wrote:Stop trying to get rid of players you caustic dickweeds
Hey, I'd be getting rid of coders, too :^)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #225239

Go to Sybil, it's the new lowpop. You can build projects there (only interrupted by the occasional lowpop murderboner due to no sec)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #225276

The 20 minutes to progress figure thrown out for jobs.

Sure they reach the top but what's the point when 90% of the time the station is exploding and jank too drat fast to use and distribute what they made? I mean not everyone gets virology style contagion and blood spread of their end product.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #225337

As a Miner, extended rounds are my favorite rounds. Gives me the most time to fuck around in the hellscape, kill megas, and harvest tendrils.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #225587

iamgoofball wrote:This is a fucking video game the main point is gameplay
But gameplay doesnt JUST come out of game mechanics. Though you are too into the "code will fix everything" mindset to see this. If this was a game mechanic driven game we would have lost that half of the screen wall of text a long time ago and moved to something like voip or just simple commands.

I mean I honestly cannot think of a more obvious better example than the fact the text chat takes up HALF THE SCREEN. Literally the interactions between players is HALF THE GAME.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225596

Holy shit. You're retarded.

Text chat box takes up half the screen because, up until 2015-2016, ALL THE GAME'S FEEDBACK ON SHIT WENT THROUGH THERE. NOT JUST PEOPLE TALKING. EVERY ACTION YOU DID HAD A TEXT COMPONENT BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE A WAY TO DISPLAY IT VISUALLY TO THE PLAYERS EFFECTIVELY.

Progress bars used to not be a thing, you little shit. I ADDED THEM BECAUSE YOU HAD NO VISUAL FEEDBACK ABOUT WHETHER YOU WERE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING, IF YOU WERE STILL DOING IT, AND HOW LONG YOU HAD LEFT.

Sliding towards someone you were hitting used to not be a thing, you little shit. WE ADDED THEM BECAUSE YOU HAD NO VISUAL FEEDBACK ABOUT WHO WAS ATTACKING WHO AND YOU HAD TO COMPARE A SHITTON OF DUMB ATTACK LOGS COMBINED WITH A FEW RANDOM SOUNDS.

There's also the fact that WE DON'T HAVE VOIP COMMUNICATION BECAUSE BYOND IS SHIT, AND THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO DO TEXT COMMUNICATION, which means ~~guess what~~, THE ONLY OPTION LEFT IS TEXT CHAT BOXES BECAUSE THERE'S NO OTHER GOOD INDUSTRY STANDARD METHODS FOR THIS SHIT.

We're also making code changes to REMOVE TEXT BOX FEEDBACK THAT WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE BECAUSE WE'RE REPLACING IT WITH VISUAL FEEDBACK.

Stop being a fucking retard.

The code screams this is a round based TTT like game where the crew has to save themselves from bad guys and make it off the station alive.

The gameplay design from the ground up supports this.

All the coders work around this. Every PR always ends up with shittons of balance arguments because of this shit.

We don't code for you to do freeform text RP. If you want freeform text RP THAT FUCKING BADLY, make a fucking subforum for freeform text RP and freeform text RP in there you little shits.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225600

and another thing

nobody plays DND to sit in a tavern for 3 hours with nothing to do except talk

nobody plays DND to do dungeon crawls for 3 hours straight no talking

you need a mix of shit, and you retards asking for either entirely RP or entirely gameplay are both fucking dipshit assblast USA retarded trump voting cocksucking pieces of human garbage
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225601

and yes, we can have both, it's called playing the existing video game we're creating because we don't need to have mandatory 3 hour tavern sessions
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225602

i can't wait for the forum retards to pile in and post their shitty zingers too because they refuse to actually comprehend what I'm saying too, bunch of retarded fuckers
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #225603

Not an argument
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225608

fucking DOUBLEPOST
Last edited by iamgoofball on Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #225610

Aloraydrel wrote:Not an argument
This shit is why we can't have actual discussions. Get the fuck out.
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #225611

No
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #225620

MrAlphonzo wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:it also takes all jobs maybe 10 to 20 minutes tops to finish everything and be done"
Nigga what
Botany. Takes 5 minutes to get gaia. Some odd minutes and you have most things growing massive food constantly forever.

Virology. Make a healing virus, youre done. (Unless some tator causes a virus)

Engineer. Setup engine/solars. Wait for bombs.

RnD. do research and youre done.

Hop. you rarely do 20 minutes of actual work ever.

Lotsa people are done in 20 minutes.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #225667

Alipheese wrote: RnD. do research and youre done.
Why does everyone think that getting the levels is all you do in RnD? It's literally the process unlocking the cool stuff, and people just do that, upgrade a couple of machines, and then claim that RnD is boring.
When i do RnD i try to build stuff, for example a second medbay, or a fancy disposal ride with a freon slide, or telescience to steal everything not bolted down, or an odysseus mech with a chem mix that can revive dead people, or anything else.
Then i see scientists who'll only make eguns/ebows if they get traitor tech and just look for the next valid.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #225672

it's a "reeeee people who enjoy different things to me are experiencing enjoyment incorrectly" episode
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #225675

We get it op hates rp
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #225734

Considering how rare extended occurs this feels like such a non issue.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #225737

kevinz000 wrote:We get it op hates rp
This nigga gets it.
XDTM wrote: Why does everyone think that getting the levels is all you do in RnD? It's literally the process unlocking the cool stuff, and people just do that, upgrade a couple of machines, and then claim that RnD is boring.
When i do RnD i try to build stuff, for example a second medbay, or a fancy disposal ride with a freon slide, or telescience to steal everything not bolted down, or an odysseus mech with a chem mix that can revive dead people, or anything else.
Then i see scientists who'll only make eguns/ebows if they get traitor tech and just look for the next valid.

This nigga also gets it.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #225780

best ensure that it's hardcoded for rounds to end after 30 minutes to ensure people aren't having non gameplay fun!
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #226428

So now if the mode is extended it's announced at round start. That's supposed to give people the chance to work on large projects, but I have a feeling that's not how it will work out: if there are no admins, players will vote restart, if there are admins, they will be expected to run an event, and forced events are never fun. Let's see how it plays out...
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #226434

Wait, but isn't extended supposed to exist as part of secret rotation for the whole... "am I just being paranoid" factor that there might not actually be anyone out to get you? That gearing and tooling up at roundstart "just in case" could well just be a sign that you're crazy?
Announcing extended at roundstart kinda... removes that 'cause you'll absolutely 100% know for certain that there's something antaggy afoot or not.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #226521

Screemonster wrote:Wait, but isn't extended supposed to exist as part of secret rotation for the whole... "am I just being paranoid" factor that there might not actually be anyone out to get you? That gearing and tooling up at roundstart "just in case" could well just be a sign that you're crazy?
Announcing extended at roundstart kinda... removes that 'cause you'll absolutely 100% know for certain that there's something antaggy afoot or not.
That is correct and why I tend to force extended after a round with a lot of security/valid-huntery related ahelps. Metabreakage is one of the best parts of extended and from a gameplay perspective is its main purpose.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #226549

When 19/20 rounds have someone trying to murder you, you're not going to make people renounce their paranoid ways or break any "meta" (I don't think it's meta to react to the intercept report, or make basic assumptions about the gameplay though).

If SS13 had a gameplay defined goal beyond milling about in circles waiting to get blown up, "is there traitor or is there not" might be fun. To use one of my favourite boardgames as an example again:

Dead of Winter requires you to manage your food and other supplies as well as the harsh weather and zombies, and you rely on the other players in the game to do so. Even if there is no traitor, there are still motivating forces in the game. "Is there traitor or not?" might also work well in FTL13, where you're all working towards the overarching goal of getting from A to B whether or not someone is going to backstab you.

But as it stands SS13 is very directionless outside of the antagonists (excluding goals you make up for yourself obviously), so I think trying to "metabreak" that is a fruitless goal.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #227018

So what you're saying is that we need the golden never-happen pipe dream of crew objectives.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #227045

We have crew objectives now though?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #227234

I like extended Its the only time where I don't have to worry about the shuttle being called when I'm doing a gimmick.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #228212

Now extended is announced it is actually fine since everyone goes bonkers.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobraman202
Byond Username: Cobraman

Post by Cobraman202 » #228216

Extended is fun if everyone plays along and tries to make it good. Otherwise its just grey-tide madness and everything is broken, and either no one die because they are afraid of their victim A-helping, or everyone dies because no one a-helps the few times that it wasn't a valid kill.
Player of Aden Mcclymonds, Liliana Murphy, and Darrel Williams.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #228220

Yeah, I've just experience one of these rounds and its straight up dumb. Its basically free for all and "CALL SHUTTLE" 5 minutes in.

Honestly, just lower extended's percentage chance of popping up if you're that butt bothered by there not being antags, the way it currently is just bad.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #228266

Or people stop being fucking faggots trying to 'win' the game and make a project and have fun for fucks sake you single minded mongoloids!

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #228267

what if I want to win in my own projects
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #228268

lzimann wrote:what if I want to win in my own projects
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #228269

iamgoofball wrote:
Then that's called finishing your project. AND HAVING FUN

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Isane

Post by Isane » #228344

I can't have fun though unless I click someone's sprite enough to make them prone.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228396

Isane wrote:I can't have fun though unless I click someone's sprite enough to make them prone.
dank as fuck post my friend
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #228406

Isane wrote:I can't have fun though unless I click someone's sprite enough to make them prone.
Winky face.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Isane

Post by Isane » #228430

PKPenguin321 wrote:
dank as fuck post my friend
It's not like this thread isn't already half the people saying "I need antags to have fun" and the other half going "make your own fun."
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #228452

I like validhunting and powergaming as much as the next guy but hey just because there's no antags for you to steamroll doesn't mean it's a boring round. You can still build autismforts, station objectives, max out R&D for the lulz, try to make the station a paradise, colonize lavaland and or space ruins/derilect, etc etc build shit. This is a RPG, not CSGO.
Personally in extended I'd max R&D and build like 6 autocloners and then colonize lavaland and tell people who are bored to fuck off. :^)
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #228470

It would be interesting, now that this thing has been going on for a while, to check how many times players have vote restarted an extended round due to no admins being on to abort the vote
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #228482

Alipheese wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
But what if I am uncapable of having fun
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #228483

lzimann wrote:
Alipheese wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
But what if I am uncapable of having fun
I will cuck you and have 2 people's worth of fun.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #229139

Best extended round I had was as a solo miner during the LATE night shift.

Ended up killing three megas by myself, made peace with the pair of Ashwalkers staying in the lavaland, pimped out their hut and geared them up.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #229150

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Best extended round I had was as a solo miner during the LATE night shift.

Ended up killing three megas by myself, made peace with the pair of Ashwalkers staying in the lavaland, pimped out their hut and geared them up.
>allying with necropolis worshippers

Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #229155

They can't worship something that is dead.

Not a single tendril left alive, Legion busted open and his special stick mine for the taking.

When you have a choice between worshipping a dead skull monster, or the crazy mortal that killed your god, which you gonna pick?