General SS13 Chat
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Actual SS13 Questions

Post by MrEousTranger » #230547

High priority in red

Black are less important

How does atmos produce infinite air?
How does the machine transfer carbon dioxide to oxygen?
Is it filled with super plants?
Can a spessmen suffocate from too much oxygen?
What is that xeno doing in the caps office?
How does the station generate gravity?
Does Ian know important military information and that's why hes such a high priority target?
How do we know the Syndicate VS. Nanotrasen war isn't being used as a way for some unseen person to profit from it?
Is it Donk Co.?
How does a spessmen create a singularity?
Why do we have a miniature black hole on a research station?
Why do we never actually research?
How does Nanotrasen benefit from rebuilding a space station if its just going to be destroyed 80%-90% of the time?
Why does the Syndicate hate Nanotrasen?
Is an extremely dangerous rip in the space time continuum a safe alternative to fossil fuel?
How do they power their docking shuttles?
Why are miners still being used to mine ore instead of shooting rocks with a laser cannon from space?
How is that efficient?
What is the data storage of an A.I.?
Is their a way borgs can re-access their memories from being a human, and would that override their laws?

These are questions I need answered.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Re: Actual SS13 Questions

Post by calzilla1 » #230548

Because you touch your self at night
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #230549

Spessmen can suffocate from oxygen, saw a medical doctor bring an o2 tank into a bolted room and kill herself with it
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #230557

MrEousTranger wrote: How does atmos produce infinite air?
Atmos doesn't produce infinite air, it just starts off with a lot at the start of the round. Given enough time and enough leaks, atmos will run out of oxygen and nitrogen. There is no machine to convert co2 to o2. And pure o2 will not kill you, maxing out your internals tank just uses up the oxygen faster.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #230560

MrEousTranger wrote: How do we know the Syndicate VS. Nanotrasen war isn't being used as a way for some unseen person to profit from it?
How does Nanotrasen benefit from rebuilding a space station if its just going to be destroyed 80%-90% of the time?
1. If there is a war, there is profit to be made, it would not be unlikely to have an unknown third party stirring up syndicate people to go on war with nanotrasen, which ends up with this third party selling gear to both parties.

2. My theory is that every round in ss13 is the same exact day everytime, so it's the same station being destroyed and not a new one everytime. Or you know, insurance money and all nanotrasen is doing is a big insurance scam.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #230567

atmos really should have a machine capable of producing basic gases (more with upgrades)

there's alot of shit that makes sense that could make sense but REE NO ONE EVER FUCKING ADDS ANYTHING TO ENGINEERING REEEEE
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #230568

Knaive wrote:
MrEousTranger wrote: How does atmos produce infinite air?
Atmos doesn't produce infinite air, it just starts off with a lot at the start of the round. Given enough time and enough leaks, atmos will run out of oxygen and nitrogen. There is no machine to convert co2 to o2. And pure o2 will not kill you, maxing out your internals tank just uses up the oxygen faster.
In addition, you can breach the oxygen/air reserves and then cause breaches all around the station if you want to air out the station, you'll just need to cut through a few reinforced walls in atmos
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #230571

MrEousTranger wrote:High priority in red

Black are less important

How does atmos produce infinite air?
What is that xeno doing in the caps office?
How does the station generate gravity?
Does Ian know important military information and that's why hes such a high priority target?
How do we know the Syndicate VS. Nanotrasen war isn't being used as a way for some unseen person to profit from it?
Is it Donk Co.?
How does a spessmen create a singularity?
Why do we have a miniature black hole on a research station?
Why do we never actually research?
Why does the Syndicate hate Nanotrasen?
Is an extremely dangerous rip in the space time continuum a safe alternative to fossil fuel?
How do they power their docking shuttles?
Why are miners still being used to mine ore instead of shooting rocks with a laser cannon from space?
How is that efficient?
What is the data storage of an A.I.?
Is their a way borgs can re-access their memories from being a human, and would that override their laws?

These are questions I need answered.
It doesnt theres just a billion units of it in the 3x3 tank in atmos.

No

No

Probally building a nest

Gravity Generator, ionized plasma spins at mach 35 generating a electrokelytolitic field that stabilizes all the metal elements on the station and makes them produce a artifical gravitiational force.

Yes, theres a chip in the back of ian's head containing subspace planet-cracker weapon launch codes.

As your official nanotrasen corporate affairs agent, im going to have to direct you to this shower that for some reason has several rubber gaskets around the door and a large tube leading into it, don't mind it just get in and close the do- *click*hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss You can almost hear someone talking..You can almost hear someone talking..You can almost hear someone talking..

Witchcraft

Someone would still have to pick up the blown up ore and bluespace arty is expensive.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #230609

calzilla1 wrote:Because you touch your self at night
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #230613

I think Bay has their atmos tanks filled with machines that "mine" gases but I don't play Bay.
Might be worth a thought, instead of just stuffing the tanks with billions of moles of gas, just make a machine that turns electricity into gas through the power of holy Quantum. Irreplaceable, like the grav gen, but very tough and takes a singulo to destroy for good. Upgrading them improves power efficiency and the speed of their efficacy. Maybe make the machines re-programmable to produce other gases.