How much minerals/materials can a miner get per shift?

General SS13 Chat
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

How much minerals/materials can a miner get per shift?

Post by kevinz000 » #238667

So, I need some real estimates of how much mats a miner can get in a normal shift of 1 hour, and a long shift of 2 hours. No shitposting. I've been thinking about R&D material balance and well, I'd want some amounts first since I don't think ORMs are in stats tracking. Also if someone with access to that wants to add ORM to stats tracking that'd be great so I don't need to shit up the forums with this.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Re: How much minerals/materials can a miner get per shift?

Post by Whoisthere » #238670

It takes me about 10 minutes of inefficient mining to get about 6k worth of points. I'm fairly new to mining and don't autism about making everything optimal. I've no idea about the share of each type of ore in those 6k points. I assume that in an hour I could get at least 50 tiles of rare ores (gold, titanium, uranium), maybe 10 tiles of diamond? Maybe I'm being too optimistic here.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #238688

With some nose to the grind stone mining, can collect 200 assorted rare ores, no glass or iron, before the first ash storm hits. Once you get a plasma cutter and a bluespace satchel, you can easily drown the station in so many minerals the QM is selling everything off to buy a hundred null crates.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #238689

Best case scenario, after an hour of mining you'd generally see 100+ of every rare material in the ORM, and anywhere from 200 to 500+ of base materials like metal and glass.
That's assuming the miners all don't die early in the round, of course.
Last edited by Hatfish on Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #238692

Assuming the first miner focuses only in mining, you could get an approx of 20 diamonds if you're lucky, 10 blue space crystals, 50 or more sheets of uranium, 50 or more sheets of titanium, and 80 or more silver and gold. This is without taking into account watcher kills which give more diamonds.

For two hours just triple the amounts, since RnD upgrades boost mining a lot.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #238693

How much resources can lavaland actually provide?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
D&B

Post by D&B » #238694

The only infinite thing would be diamonds, but afaik if you kill tendril spawns too quickly, they stop respawning.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #238713

Miners rarely focus exclusively on mining, they are more often hunting for phat loot.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #238758

Drynwyn wrote:Miners rarely focus exclusively on mining, they are more often hunting for phat loot.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #239067

Drynwyn wrote:Miners rarely focus exclusively on mining, they are more often hunting for phat loot.
Those aren't miners, those are shitlords who take the Shaft Miner position because it has the most toys for their private little Gateway style hunting mission.

I always make sure to remind my fellow miners the dance steps of ore. Mine, upgrade, explore, hunt.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #239068

Eternal reminder that the stat page shows more minerals being mined with lavaland than were getting mined during the asteroid.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #239072

Kor wrote:
Eternal reminder that the stat page shows more minerals being mined with lavaland than were getting mined during the asteroid.
Oh, that's not a BAD thing. Miners shouldn't BE expected to spend their entire round poking noninteractive rocks. BUT, because of those expectations, balancing R&D material costs around the Maximum Miner Yield is a terrible idea.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #239073

Oh, yeah material cost balance will always be a joke like every other resource system we have.
D&B

Post by D&B » #239076

Bring goofgrinder back
Spoiler:
fuck you