General SS13 Chat
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Why is Artyom dying?

Post by cedarbridge » #28219

Bottom post of the previous page:

MrStonedOne wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Violaceus wrote:We all now see which server is best, full of life and devoid of metafriends! Glory to Sybil, the everlasting server!
>he thinks metafriends don't exist on Sybil
We've been catching and permabanning about 1 group a week on avg.
I was more referring to the "known knowns" type. Any game that has rounds with static names will eventually breed lasting relationships between players and player characters that persists between rounds, for good or ill. People recognize names and respond to knowing those names. Its not the sort of exclusive club "metagang" sort of thing I hear about from the lower population servers, but it does influence how people play and respond. I've killed a few people because they recognized my character's name and assumed I was friendly or just doing my usual thing. I've had some players that also recognized my name and assumed a certain level of competence at some things (including being meta'd by scilicons in malf/rogueAI situations.) I'm not really making judgements on it, I'm just saying it happens.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Re: Why is Artyom dying?

Post by WJohnston » #28226

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? It helped kill a server and codebase and is now another "our server is better than yours" thread. Lock it already.
Apparently I was an director or something.