Change your passwords (again)

General SS13 Chat
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Change your passwords (again)

Post by Screemonster » #260144

Basically cloudflare shat the pot and spewed a bunch of user auth data for people visiting sites via their DNS out to random people thanks to someone putting a ">" instead of a "=" in the code somewhere and causing a buffer overrun, shit got into google's cache, so now anyone who logged into any of the sites in the last few months may or may not be compromised. fun times.

techie explanation here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zer ... il?id=1139

Sites affected: https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

The big one for people here is probably Discord, but there's a few others including SA, a bunch of the chans, but since there's like 4 million sites on the full list it's probably easier to just change everything rather than go trawling.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Change your passwords (again)

Post by DemonFiren » #260160

ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #260176

Fuckin'

Thanks for the heads up, goddamnit
Limey wrote:its too late.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #260253

For reference, /tg/ was not using cloudflare because our servers are powerful enough they don't no anti-ddos reverse web proxy.

But basically every other ss13 forum was.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #260256

MrStonedOne wrote:For reference, /tg/ was not using cloudflare because our servers are powerful enough they don't no anti-ddos reverse web proxy.

But basically every other ss13 forum was.
reason #1395378258329 why mso is god
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #260293

Screemonster wrote:shit got into google's cache
Explain.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xerux
Byond Username: Xerux

Post by Xerux » #260312

Lumbermancer wrote:Explain.
taviso@google.com wrote:We keep finding more sensitive data that we need to cleanup. I didn't realize how much of the internet was sitting behind a Cloudflare CDN until this incident.

The examples we're finding are so bad, I cancelled some weekend plans to go into the office on Sunday to help build some tools to cleanup. I've informed cloudflare what I'm working on. I'm finding private messages from major dating sites, full messages from a well-known chat service, online password manager data, frames from adult video sites, hotel bookings. We're talking full https requests, client IP addresses, full responses, cookies, passwords, keys, data, everything.
Due to a bug, CloudFlare's reverse proxy was accidently dumping chunks of memory into some request responses. This includes requests by web crawlers, so the data has wound up in web caches. (For example, google keeps cached versions of pages they've crawled that you can view, useful when a site is down. Most if not all cell phone providers use a caching proxy, as do many businesses and universities.) Google and several search engines have been working to purge the data, but there's no telling where else it has wound up and what they've missed.

The only sites this should affect would be ones that were using CloudFlare's reverse proxy and not just their dns but there isn't a list so far of sites that were only using it. (The list in the first post is everything that used their nameservers.)
Spoiler:
Nolan Field - Various, Solar - Cyborg, Watcher - AI, Honksey - Clown, Sy Lent - Mime, Aveil Nahara - Inactive, Ayden Fryer - Data Lost | Byond, Github