Ban Request section rules (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Ban requests has been closed. If someone is spamming, crashing the server, or maxcapping the station at random contact a headmin via PM. Otherwise move on with your life.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Ban Request section rules (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by Hibbles » #286

---JUST TO REITERATE---

The Anon3 amendment is STILL in effect.

Please read below for details.

Anyone disregarding that will receive a warning. Repeat offenders will be given section bans.

This is in order to streamline appeals/requests and to not make them a shit fest that people don't want to touch. ~ PAS

---Ban Request Details:---

Use this template when posting a ban request:

Your byond account:
Your character name:
Their character name:
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time:
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:
Why they should be banned:

Ban Request section rules:

1. Global Forum rules apply
2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the ban request(You are the one being ban requested, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the ban request
3. Use the template. Failure to use the template for a ban request will result in the ban request being disregarded until the post is fixed with template included.
4. No image macros, reaction images, memes or videos anywhere in FNR. Any media posted should be screenshots or other evidence directly related to the thread.
5. Try to keep your ban request calm, concise and properly formatted. No one wants to read a wall of text, or an angry rage post.
6. If a thread goes for a month with no activity it will be resolved. If you don't want your thread to go unresolved because of a lack of response then notify admins for a response.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Appended rules
RIP
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Ban Request section rules (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by MrStonedOne » #23509

Given that some people have decided that the steno rules are free to be ignored; I've decided to up the ante so the speak.

Repetitive ignoring of steno rules will lead to your FNR posting privileges being revoked until further notice
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #56992

THE AN0N3 AMENDMENT IS IN EFFECT

Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.

This does NOT include:
"This happened to me once and I didn't get banned for it" or the reverse "This happened to me once and I got banned for it."
"My opinion is…" or "I feel like…"

This WOULD cover:
"Rule 3 says…"
"These admins have always allowed…"
"Actually in the logs it says…"

This would allow players who are invested in the rules, have the experience, and can conduct themselves well to advocate in threads.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #138170

Bump to reiterate anon3 amendment being still in effect.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #261485

New rules regarding the use of public logs in ban appeals, ban requests (if ever re-opened) and admin complaints:
  • The content of line must not be modified in any way.
    • This does not apply to adding context (as long as its clear that its added and not part of the original log)
    • Likewise, you are allowed to add formatting or emphasis as long as it does not appear deceptive
  • Any omissions of in between lines must be clearly marked in-line to the logs along with a brief description giving a rough amount of the lines removed, what they contained, and why they were removed
    • -snip-(500 lines of the clown slipping the hos in the other room removed for being irrelevant)
  • You must link to the log file you got the logs from to make it easier to validate the context
  • Air on the side of good faith, Its better to include too many context lines then not enough lines context lines
  • Expect onlookers to assume bad faith. If you omit details that are later deemed to be important people will assume you did it intentionally. This means doing due diligence when reviewing the logs for related or relevant bits.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)