Post by Benefitevil » #39313

Bottom post of the previous page:

hahahahaha have you checked out the Hall of fame? Those names
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: Bloodbowl

Post by XSI » #39378

The password should still be Comdom

If it didn't work, I'll change it up whenever I get to touch the settings again. Which should be after the current season ends
I think

I can't approve new teams until season end anyway, so you aren't missing out or anything
XSI

Post by XSI » #41101

If that one match is not played by monday, I'll just declare it a 0-0
XSI

Post by XSI » #42714

Gave it a bit longer, but there we go, 0-0

New rounds...

Apparently don't include everyone
XSI

Post by XSI » #43262

Instead of messing with tournaments, I just made an open league(Same name, same pass, add "Open" to the end)

Join that instead, because figuring out this tournament stuff is kinda slow as balls and the open format should just let everyone play against everyone else (Max 2x against the same opponent per season). Sorry about the moving to yet another league
So to repeat, the old league is now obsolete, and the new league lets you just play

We'll have it run for a month(Maybe more, dunno when everyone will have finished their max 2x same coach stuff), then roll over the season to a new one and play whatever and whenever we want to play. No more need to schedule matches days in advance
Last edited by XSI on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benefitevil

Post by Benefitevil » #43265

Two in the Pink fresh off their win again the Ogre team stood toe to toe with their hated Wood elf cousins. The balls would be flying fast and far with these two elf teams. Two in the Pink slowly took the ball down field staling for time as the Wood Elves did their best to drive them into the ground. After having enough of this foolish long play the Wood Elves attacked two in the pinks ball carrier to force a score. But it was too little too late as time expired for the first half. The second half opened with much more throwing and dodging as the Wood Elves tried to score. But Two in the Pink was too much for them. After the ref ejected a player from the Wood Elves it was all down hill. Two in the pink won the war of attrition and to add insult to injury they scored again on the last turn of the second half. Hope to see you all in season two. SPLOOISH!
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43315

AND NOW: A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

FUCK YOU XSI.

AND FUCK THAT BLITZ
Benefitevil

Post by Benefitevil » #43471

Dezzmont, what is your steam name?
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43482

Dezzmont. Mine has the happy human icon, aka the stickfigureish guy.
A4Brogan
Byond Username: A4Brogan

Post by A4Brogan » #44731

Ok, Added my team.
XSI

Post by XSI » #44786

Sweet

Got a steam we can contact for a few matches at times?
A4Brogan

Post by A4Brogan » #44839

Yep. Look for A4Brogan
Absalom
Byond Username: Absalom526

Post by Absalom » #45625

Saw this was still going on in the bloodbowl client earlier. I'll register my gob team after I'm done with current league season
XSI

Post by XSI » #45630

Oh boy, goblins

Yeah, we still have this stuff going
Though it seems to be mostly me asking people to play
The Spess Griffins are griffin everyone
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #45648

except snap city

we may have a few popped/herniated disks but we beat the stinky ogres
go woodelves
crack is whack but smacks got your back
XSI

Post by XSI » #45688

Yes. While the griffins are great at griffin, you just kept dancing around them and got the ball every time before it could reach the great griffons

2-0 even, if my memory is correct
A4Brogan

Post by A4Brogan » #45834

Post-game Result: XSI's Ogre's Vs. The Rykersburgh Raptors.

End game Results:
Ogres: No major injuries, 2 TDs.
Leezirds: 1 Dead (Dopes-the-Blood, Saurus), One Smashed Hip (Skink, Retired), And only 1 remaining Saurus on the Pitch.

That's Bloodbowl, ESPECIALLY when Nuffle is bored!

(Overall hilarious match.)
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #45842

Not related to this Blood Bowl league, but whatever.
I'm currently placed third in my group in the digg Blood Bowl League. Next week will be play offs of the top four, which means I'll be playing against an incredibly well levelled Orc team who has universal block. An almost undefeated Dark Elf team (Their only draw was against haflings. Nuffle decided he really liked halflings that match and depending on a match played later this week, the fourth place player will either be Chaos Dwarves or Necromantic.
I'm playing as Skaven. I'm basically fucked in playoffs.

Still, this was my first online league ever, and I've gone 5-1-3 (W/D/L), so I'm kind of happy.
XSI

Post by XSI » #45856

That's pretty good, really. I've got a chaos team in Demobowl(One tie so far), and a wood elf team at Cknoormunity Lucker Noobs (Lost everything so far)
I'm not good at elfbowl

Also, didn't the Raptors wreck a snotling or something? I don't really keep track of snotlings
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #45859

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the retirement of The Great Kerffufle. Unfortunately bringing in a 1040 value norse team, one which actually was down players from gen but had skilled, low armored players, into a league with an 1200 orge team was not a wise decision.
XSI

Post by XSI » #45958

Goblins vs ogres

Or
"Why don't we just give the stunties wings instead?"
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #46115

So many flying Goblins.
Also jesus fuck, XSI's Ogres had the passing/pick up skills of Elves that game. He made a pass off to an AGI 1 Ogre and nearly scored with the guy.

RIP J.R. Bob Dobbs

And if anyone wants to play a match against Goblins, hit me up when I'm online.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #46164

I am game. Do I have your steam?
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #46173

dezzmont wrote:I am game. Do I have your steam?
Yup, I'm AlmightyFuzz on steam. I'll be back from work and free to play about 8pm GMT, so any time from then onwards really.
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #46268

Blood Bowl is once again on sale on Steam. It's currently £6.79 for the Chaos Edition (Or whatever Steam converts that into dollars), so its worth picking up if anyone reads this thread and is interested in picking the game up.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #47623

The Space Griffins have put Chelfsea FC to the test, and found the elves lacking. 4-0 victory to the Griffins, Chelfsea suffered 3 dead, and 1 missing a match due to injury. Remembered to buy a Wardancer while refilling the team though, so that's an improvement.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
XSI

Post by XSI » #47625

I'd say that since you didn't have a wardancer before, and you do now. You've made a net profit off that match

It's also a lesson in inducements, 600k inducements can get you a lot of things. But only if you pick something that will help for sure
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #47631

like a star player
to beat the ogres silly
and also bloodweiser that helps a shit ton against the impending ko's
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #47633

This is why you need expendable players like Goblins. I can throw my entire team at the enemy, and exit the match with half my team killed or injured, and go into my next match and still stand exactly the same chance of winning that I had before. (Close to none)
Absalom

Post by Absalom » #50058

Akkryls wrote:This is why you need expendable players like Goblins. I can throw my entire team at the enemy, and exit the match with half my team killed or injured, and go into my next match and still stand exactly the same chance of winning that I had before. (Close to none)

And with that, team Schadenfreude makes its' glorious exit from the previous league
XSI

Post by XSI » #50084

That looks to me like one of the most amazing matches played in Bloodbowl history. If some of them were from being thrown at the other team and hitting them right on. There were some, right?

And since you're posting, sign up for the league we have!(And share your steam name so we can actually contact you) I get bored pretty often and need more people to play with
Absalom

Post by Absalom » #50090

XSI wrote:That looks to me like one of the most amazing matches played in Bloodbowl history. If some of them were from being thrown at the other team and hitting them right on. There were some, right?

And since you're posting, sign up for the league we have!(And share your steam name so we can actually contact you) I get bored pretty often and need more people to play with
I wish mang. Other team had too much MB for any sort of tomfoolery. My AG4 Gob had earlier died from the Troll failing (or succeeding, depending on perspective) his Always Hungry roll.

Steam name is absalom526 or publicly Fagsalom.
XSI

Post by XSI » #50248

Had a game of goblins v ogres, with me playing the ogres

Bomber MVP, surprisingly no permanent injuries on either side. Worst was a miss next on a goblin

I also have a fresh khorne team now that the ogres are xboxhueg teamvalue, not everyone enjoys messing about with inducements and lets face it. Star players are fun, but against 3 ogres with block and 3 supporting ogres, the only one that does something before being punched into the dirt is the bomber star player. And even then only until the ogres get to him
Wizards are great, but one turn of fireball won't stop 6 ogres
Halfling chefs are awesome, but no amount of rerolls will help you get a ball out of an ogre cage
And extended inducements don't always work out the way you want them to
Benefitevil

Post by Benefitevil » #51063

Wow, XSI it sounds like you are getting a bit too big for your ogre pants ;). It might be time for the elves to once again step onto the pitch. I would like to challenge some of the new teams if anyone is up for a match. My Steam name is Haljordan and I welcome the blood that comes with blood bowl!
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #51100

His ogre team is pushing 1.7k.

It honestly needs to be retired.
XSI

Post by XSI » #51169

Nah, it just needs opponents of the goblin or halfling variety. Or of a TV nearer to it
I'd be up for another match of ogres v elves if you want, or the khorne team if you prefer that. I just can't figure out how to actually win against elves, with their ball handling skills and actually being able to pass. Only times I win against elves is if they try to out-beat me(Or Nuffle is on my side and makes the elves fail their first dodge of the turn to allow me to punch them), even with non-ogre teams. It's like I have the ball and then suddenly there's an elf in my cage and the ball is halfway across the field

Nice match of khorne vs necro just now though, I kinda got caught up repeat frenzying into the flesh golems and just doing all the pushing I could because frenzy. Stand firm is such an amusing thing with it. Just watching flesh golems shrug and then the "Boink" sound effects on a push makes it great
Benefitevil

Post by Benefitevil » #51398

TV's of over 1k is where it gets fun.
XSI

Post by XSI » #52219

It's on sale again, if anyone wants to try

Even bigger sale, 6 bux for legendary, 10 for chaos
XSI

Post by XSI » #53808

Double the sale, for the next 12 hours Chaos edition for 5bux
XSI

Post by XSI » #136296

Necrobump

This thing's on sale again, and I feel like playing it again
Poke me if you feel like a game or two
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #136377

The new game is out, but is it any good?

I had a really interesting chat with someone the other day who HATED Blood Bowl.
It boiled down to them not liking how chess-like and drawn out each drive is, when American Football is comparatively a series of short, tactical plays.
It was an interesting conversation because they were really drawn to the progression elements and game-beyond-the-game of running in a league and sometimes intentionally letting games go in order to smash a teams' star players. The role-playing aspect of it. While I did espouse that as sort-of the real draw of Blood Bowl I could also see why and sympathize with someone who is a big fan of American Football and why they would be completely turned off by how the game actually plays on the pitch.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #136390

Orcs are great.

I love just walking down the field and beating the shit out of everyone, then eventually winning from either a surrender due to too many injuries or getting my Orcs to finally get the ball after they've dropped it for the eigth time.

I actually got a really good roll on one of my Black Orcs and they're rocking that stanky ass 7 strength and just absolutely rolling fools. I've had my Blorc on turn 1 punch elves to death, and his kill count is currently sitting at nine people. My other Blorc has 6 strength from a good roll, block, just standard stuff, and has no deaths under his name.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #136478

My IRL team of Chaos went on a goddamn killing spree one season. We were averaging something like 3-4 confirmed kills a game.

AROUND CLAWS NEVER PAUSE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #136485

An0n3 wrote:The new game is out, but is it any good?
It's got issues, but they're working on it
Aside from a very console-ised interface and a lack of teams, they somehow managed to introduce new bugs(Mostly with pathing) and flaws that weren't there in the Legendary/Chaos edition versions, and matchmaking apparently is perfectly fine with sending fresh teams up against 1600TV teams just because there's no players in their range
The new features they added of stadium management are surprisingly well done and don't hurt the game, the other shit they changed however seems to be questionable(Cash in reserve counting for TV? Why?)

I'd hope they fix it, and make it worth the cash they're asking for it. But at the current time? I'd say don't bother yet. Barely any races, console-interface, and a lack of players at this point