Fighting Games

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Timbrewolf » #141311

Bottom post of the previous page:

Did they add big booty tower-defense girl to Xrd yet?

Seriously that crouching animation holy fuck I can't handle it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #141314

An0n3 wrote:Did they add big booty tower-defense girl to Xrd yet?

Seriously that crouching animation holy fuck I can't handle it.
Elaborate.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141339

which one is that? the valentine with the two huge fucking swords? if you buy the game right now you get all the DLC too
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #141351

Her name is Jack-O and she's not out yet

[youtube]yDjTCzd7-3Y[/youtube]

Go dig up her crouching animation and a box of tissues.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141371

she's gonna hurt her back if she keeps crouching like that
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #141373

I'm gonna hurt her back if she keeps crouching like that
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #141380

Wyzack wrote:Only fightan game I play is dat smash. The other day me and my friend played online and spent hours styling on cloud X cloud tryhards until they ragequit as greyscale Gannondorf and Valentines Day Captain Falcon. It was hilarious good fun
my man
i wish more people here played smash, it's really fun, especially project m
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #141395

I can't say I disagree. I mean the Jack-O thing.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #141396

Isn't project m rip now? I only played it a bit but i yearn for the fox masterrace days and wavedashing and shit.

Who do you main in Smash U? I started playing the captain as a meme joke back in melee but got real gud and then fox got nerfed hard so i just show my moves now
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141402

I only played the first Smash - glory days - and Melee.

Always Fox. Sometimes Gay Falcon.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #141406

Wyzack wrote:Isn't project m rip now? I only played it a bit but i yearn for the fox masterrace days and wavedashing and shit.

Who do you main in Smash U? I started playing the captain as a meme joke back in melee but got real gud and then fox got nerfed hard so i just show my moves now
64 - Pikachu. Tier whore boys
Melee - Fox, Ness. Ness is so bad but I've put too much work into him to drop him at this point. Low tier hero.
Brawl - Lucas. Literally who plays brawl, though?
PM - Ness, Falcon, Fox, Wario. PM has so many viable characters, it's nutty.
Sm4sh - Ness. He's just the character I've stuck with since the beginning, and he's a solid A-tier in this game, so why not?

I've mainly been playing PM and Melee lately, but I've only gone to Sm4sh tournaments. PM is super fun (RIP the dev team, though) and ever since I set it up to work on my computer I've been playing it more and more. Since the dev team is dead, the community finally has a build that they can settle on and develop the meta with, so in a way it was kind of beneficial for the game (G&W is super busted though, and now he'll never get nerfed, RIP).
Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #142459

should i get mkx, xrd, or wait for sfv for fightan with an actual continuous community? want a game that i can hop on even in a few months and fairly easily find a match
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #142471

SFV is guaranteed to have a large following for years to come. If you want a new dank fighting game right now, I would heartily recommend Xrd though. If you get it on PC you will get all the DLC for free during the first month of launch. MKX apparently has terrible netcode on PC. The console versions of that should be fine though.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #142741

Whynotboth.jpeg

There's a lot of cross-applicable stuff between fighting games. There's a general skillset you need to practice and keep up that transfers game to game. There's this dumb idea some folks have that you can only be good at one thing, or that trying to play two things at the same time makes you worse at both. Even though all the champions have always played multiple games, or jumped from game to game to game.

I haven't been playing any video/computer games competitively in a while, but I've gotten into the competitive scene for some board and card games and its the same shit. I would argue that playing multiple games makes you better at each of them as you're given more opportunities to play at a competitive level more frequently.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #153137

Soon.

I like how much easier it is to pick up new characters in SFV. Played a bunch of my main man Birdie and some Dhalsim on the side. I'll probably give Zangief a shot next to see how bad the so-called "unbeatable" match-up of Zangief vs. Dhalsim is.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153139

oh boy this thread is back

i recently picked up Lethal League, it's fun as fuck and I've been playing with Raptor for a while but am considering switching. anybody else into it/have it?
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #153152

PKPenguin321 wrote:oh boy this thread is back

i recently picked up Lethal League, it's fun as fuck and I've been playing with Raptor for a while but am considering switching. anybody else into it/have it?
YOOOOO

Through random happenstance I happen to work with one of the top ranked LL players. I would say he's been teaching me to play but the truth is he's been mostly just beating the ever-living shit out of me.

I'd definitely be up for getting some games in in hopes of playing against more people who might be at my own level. I know a few more people around my bracket I could introduce you to as well if you're looking for more people to practice with.

I play with Latch primarily because WALLIGATOR.

I don't know what I'm doing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153170

Anyone here play skullgirls?
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #153176

Used to, sticking to USF4 while waiting for SFV for now though.

Some day I'll undust my Big Band/Squigly/Peacock team.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #153326

dezzmont wrote:Anyone here play skullgirls?
im bad at it
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #153336

I main solid snack in Project M.

Watch your step.
Spoiler:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #153341

i figured out how to netplay smash bros 1v1 me fox only no items final destination

sfv pls come
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153382

nsos wrote:i figured out how to netplay smash bros 1v1 me fox only no items final destination
ill actually bop you in any smash game except maybe brawl, come at me
Maccus wrote:I main solid snack in Project M.

Watch your step.
ill bop you too
An0n3 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:oh boy this thread is back

YOOOOO
by any chance would you happen to know where i can go to find some kind of community for this game? i want to get better but all i've found is steam guides and what apparently is the subreddit.
if you wanna play me some time hit me up on steam, ID is just PKPenguin, but be warned i'm basically garbage as of yet
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #153749

hum buddy nsos is like black so therefor hes 1000x better than any of us at smash cmon
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #153817

PKPenguin321 wrote: by any chance would you happen to know where i can go to find some kind of community for this game? i want to get better but all i've found is steam guides and what apparently is the subreddit.
if you wanna play me some time hit me up on steam, ID is just PKPenguin, but be warned i'm basically garbage as of yet
I am told that the steam group is where the shit goes down.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #153822

i'd be up for some league with you guys sometime, but right now i gotta focus and prepare for sfv

i WILL get gud at fightan games with this, its something i've always wanted to do and im gonna learn how 2 fight or die trying
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #153895

Deitus wrote:i'd be up for some league with you guys sometime, but right now i gotta focus and prepare for sfv

i WILL get gud at fightan games with this, its something i've always wanted to do and im gonna learn how 2 fight or die trying
Are you preparing with USF4 like I am?
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #154441

>11pm, i'm up even though i have early classes tomorrow
>sitting in front of screen waiting for sfv to unlock
>ITS OUT BOIS
>booted within 2 seconds
>do tutorial
>logging into server
>ITBEGINS
>error logging in

[strangled ree in the distance]

its probably just servers being overloaded but still mang still

but oh well i'll be spending the next [??????TIME???????????] slumming around forums and /vg/'s fightan generals to get discuss/learn, so as long as i got practice mode and some basic ai i can wait to go online
nsos

Post by nsos » #154513

yikes this sfv release is something
nsos

Post by nsos » #154514

the game itself is alright but there's a lot missing if you don't mind waiting until march you might wanna wait until march
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #154531

why did they make birdie into rufus instead of just giving us birdie AND rufus

rufus is my favorite
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #154541

I think I'm just gonna start with ryu to get the basics down, trying to learn his b&bs atm
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #155108

DOUBLE POST IS BEST POST

are fighting game pads/sticks just an elitist meme or do they actually play better? i'm using a regular ps4 controller now and i'm honestly considering getting either this:
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Com ... B00TKLFES8

or some other stick, but above is what i've heard best about. you guys have any input?
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #155180

Arcade sticks used to make a lot of the execution techniques in SF4 easier. Let us consider what has changed though:

1. No more plinking.
2. Input buffer of three frames, making the hardest links in the game 3 framers aka reasonably easy.
3. No more piano inputs, Chun-li's lightning legs are a motion input now.

A lot of the reasons of buying a stick are gone. All I can think of that is left is double tapping, but the execution bar is not too high so I don't think you even need such a technique. Also a lot of pad users I have asked have said that you can just as well double tap on a pad anyway. The pad can even offer an advantage since Capcom is dumb and made a lot of the training mode shortcuts only accessible on PS4 pads. I would tell you that it's a preference, if you are used to playing on a pad, play on a pad. If the arcade experience is what you're used to, get an arcade stick instead.

Of course, if you want to try to play on a stick feel free to get one. I am struggling after like a year with some inputs on the stick but I prefer it over a pad anyway, makes me feel more involved with the game in a way (aka muh emulsions).

ALSO: If you're new to fighting games a robust player called Gootecks just released a book on fundamentals in SFV context that is available for free for a limited time: Check it out here.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #155225

So no stick, what about the pad I linked? Also any way to get the book without that reader trial bs?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155258

street fighter 5 has a shitty roster
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #155306

Deitus wrote:So no stick, what about the pad I linked? Also any way to get the book without that reader trial bs?
I keep hearing that the specific pad you linked is of high quality. Hori products seem great overall, my arcade stick is a Hori RAP V3-SA and I've had nothing to complain about for the year I've had it. Also here's a PDF of the guide, some good stuff right there.