Thea: The Awakening roguelike meets civ meets away missions

Talk about video games here
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Thea: The Awakening roguelike meets civ meets away missions

Post by capi duffman » #157699

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378720/

This is one of those kickstarter scams that failed to come through, but as it turns out, the developers actually coughed up the money and did it anyways.

Overall this is a civ game with ironman always on, you only control one city, and can turn part of the population into adventurers, who in turn go away to loot and die miserable deaths.

What I like of it, it's that it took huge points of king of the dragon pass, with random events, nonsensical stuff, like sacrificing people because space gods, or the risk of having every single child get snatched by demons or worse.

You get attached to your dudes, especially after you start crafting shit for them and they become able to defend five meters away from that shithole they call home.
Last edited by capi duffman on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Thea's Awakening roguelike meets civ meets away missions

Post by Ricotez » #157723

congratulations at not only failing to link the game, but not even mentioning the title
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #157740

uhm

its literally in the title are u fucking kidding me

THEA AWAKENING???

well tbh it is Thea: The Awakening but still 66% of the games name is in the title.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #157743

I thought it referred to Fire Emblem Awakening or something, maybe if OP had bothered to use punctuation I wouldn't have misread it
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #157744

"im stupid but really its the ops fault"
hum
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #157777

colonic did a wasp crawl up your ass or why are you being a jerk to me
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #157778

because u were being a jerk to him when he liderally did nothing wrong
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #157779

still didn't link it tho
Spoiler:
capi duffman

Re: Thea: The Awakening roguelike meets civ meets away missi

Post by capi duffman » #157816

You lazy, lazy people, get your links here!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378720/

Jokes aside, you may want to try it cheaper than 20€. I'm not 100% sure yet if it's worth it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #157823

Do you have direct control over your adventurers or is it like majesty where you point in the general direction via a big pot of gold and hope for the best?
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #157863

Oh, this game

You control them, mostly.
It's Civ 5 style
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #158021

Yeah, you control them civ style, also they can camp to gather stuff, get challenges along the way