Halo (EVERYONE CAN PLAY NOW(with limits))

Talk about video games here
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Halo (EVERYONE CAN PLAY NOW(with limits))

Post by MrEousTranger » #226356

I didn't find an already existing page so I thought I might make one

Just got my first invincible in halo 5 today
feels good

HALO 5 FORGE FOR WINDOWS 10

Oi Vay
Last edited by MrEousTranger on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Halo (EVERYONE CAN PLAY NOW)

Post by Wyzack » #226357

Could not play halo past 4, it was so horrible. I did just replay all the others including ODST and Reach and they are all varying degrees of gud
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226358

Wyzack wrote:Could not play halo past 4, it was so horrible. I did just replay all the others including ODST and Reach and they are all varying degrees of gud
Take my word for it 5 is really good if you can look past the shit story and lack of cortana tats,
the gameplay is quality, but its still not reach which I just bought a copy of to use with xbox one backcompat.
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #226365

I guess that is something. 4 had the killer combination of completely and utterly bastardizing the story in a sad attempt to raise the stakes, and also making the pratorian enemy guys really horribly unfun to fight against.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #226371

>new roomate
>he gets an xbox
>we play some black ops whichever zombies and some multiplayer
>Halo 4 comes out, hype him up on Halo and how I prefer it to CoD, he's never played any of them
>we get it
>the multiplayer has loadouts and sprinting, campaign is lacklustre

FUCK

At least co-op makes anything fun and he didn't have any other Halos to compare to, but I still felt embarrassed for getting him to buy reskinned CoD
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226372

Kor wrote:>new roomate
>he gets an xbox
>we play some black ops whichever zombies and some multiplayer
>Halo 4 comes out, hype him up on Halo and how I prefer it to CoD, he's never played any of them
>we get it
>the multiplayer has loadouts and sprinting, campaign is lacklustre

FUCK

At least co-op makes anything fun and he didn't have any other Halos to compare to, but I still felt embarrassed for getting him to buy reskinned CoD
Halo 5 is a step above halo 4 in multiplayer quality, with warzone, readding a version of firefight from reach, bringing back GRIFBALL!, removing armor abilities AND REMOVING CLASSES.

and also reintroducing the 3 HEADSHOT KILL MOTHA FUKKEN M6D MAGNUM FROM HALO CE
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #226373

Halo 4 had those new missions the devs uploaded every few weeks which was a really cool idea but i just hated fighting those fucking pratorian guys so much and the fucking loadouts and ESPECIALLY the lack of weapons on maps (barring the power weapons like rockets and shit) make the mutiplayer horrible
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #226398

>windows 10

hah no
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #226405

DemonFiren wrote:>windows 10

hah no
this one(guy?) gets it

seriously fuck halo past reach. Reach is, and will always be, the best game they came out with. Maybe. But you have to admit at least that reach is up there
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #226417

Aside from requires windows 10, the company that did the halo 4/5 multiplayer are the ones bethesda/id hired to do the doot multiplayer and my god its a chain wreck. I'm just glad my friend talked me into buying it cause the single player was amazing.

You can play your codlo 5 ghost doges, imma keep playing doot and blunderwatch
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226591

Davidchan wrote:Aside from requires windows 10, the company that did the halo 4/5 multiplayer are the ones bethesda/id hired to do the doot multiplayer and my god its a chain wreck.
Incorrect
Halo 4/5's multiplayer was developed by 343i a company dedicated by microsoft to continue the halo franchise after Bungie split apart from Microsoft shortly after completing halo reach.

Dooms multiplayer was by certain affinity and escalation studios.

EDIT:
oh yeah and fyi its Prometheans :honk:
Last edited by MrEousTranger on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226627

oh yeah and forge mode is free.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #226628

That white elite with the fucked up face was the baddest motherfucker, did they kill him off or run his character into the ground?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #226631

Wyzack wrote:That white elite with the fucked up face was the baddest motherfucker, did they kill him off or run his character into the ground?
He survived all the halos and as of now in the cannon he is the shipmaster of one of the arbiters fleets.

Rtas' Vadum <--

He was one of the first of the covenant to have a run in with the flood. he lost his jaw when his first mate was infected by the flood and was forced to let him cut him so He could strike a mortally wounding blow to the flood. he then proceeded to slice the flood in half vertically then started to crash the ship, into the sun. He escaped mere seconds before the ship jumped into the sun.
all in all he's pretty fucking badass.

And in halo 2 he's actually invincible.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #226696

MrEousTranger wrote:
Wyzack wrote:That white elite with the fucked up face was the baddest motherfucker, did they kill him off or run his character into the ground?
He survived all the halos and as of now in the cannon he is the shipmaster of one of the arbiters fleets.

Rtas' Vadum <--

He was one of the first of the covenant to have a run in with the flood. he lost his jaw when his first mate was infected by the flood and was forced to let him cut him so He could strike a mortally wounding blow to the flood. he then proceeded to slice the flood in half vertically then started to crash the ship, into the sun. He escaped mere seconds before the ship jumped into the sun.
all in all he's pretty fucking badass.
so they ran him into the ground, the captain goes down with his SHIP motherhecker
MrEousTranger wrote:And in halo 2 he's actually invincible.
no thanks
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #226698

No man in Halo 2 he was rad as fuck.

Probably one of my favorite levels in terms of atmosphere is that one after arby and chief both get nabbed by the gravemind on Delta Halo and arby gets teleported out into the field near where Tartarus is holed up. It is all sad and shit, dead elites all over the place and brutes kinda patrolling around. You kill the first few and a bunch of Elite bust down in drop pods and you get to go kick ass and avenge your dead brothers. Also teaming up with hunters and grunts was awesome fun. Then you meet up with captain fuckface and he hops in a tank. Shit was cash.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #226700

Wyzack wrote:No man in Halo 2 he was rad as fuck.

Probably one of my favorite levels in terms of atmosphere is that one after arby and chief both get nabbed by the gravemind on Delta Halo and arby gets teleported out into the field near where Tartarus is holed up. It is all sad and shit, dead elites all over the place and brutes kinda patrolling around. You kill the first few and a bunch of Elite bust down in drop pods and you get to go kick ass and avenge your dead brothers. Also teaming up with hunters and grunts was awesome fun. Then you meet up with captain fuckface and he hops in a tank. Shit was cash.
Oh no, i think the game's awesome invincible npcs are usually really clunky and i hate them
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #226703

Why is windows store so retarded. Where are the system requirements listed?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
MrEousTranger

Re: Halo (EVERYONE CAN PLAY NOW(with limits))

Post by MrEousTranger » #226880

I also regret to say the PC version is limited to forging with friends

Sorry :\

but! if you have an xbox one it coincides with your PC and you can make maps for others to use on xbox
and you can also play forge mode with your friends on PC

and specs
Minimum

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
DirectX 12
intel Core i5 at 2.3Ghz or AMD equivalent
GeForce 650 Ti
2GB VRAM
8GB RAM
HDD 40GB

Recommended

DirectX 12
intel Core i5-3570k at 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent
GeForce GTX 970
4GB VRAM
8GB RAM
HDD 40GB

Ultra (4K)

DirectX 12
Intel Core i7-4770k at 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent
GeForce 980 Ti
6GB VRAM
16GB RAM
HDD 40GB

edit:
fixed title
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #227083

Honestly have to check everytime I look at Halo gameplay these days to see if its CoD or Halo 5. Kinda sad.

As for Certain Affinity, they definitely worked on Halo 4 and MC edition multiplayer, the former an unbalanced mess and the latter was basically dead on arrival because they managed to break games that still worked on the previous consoles. Their influence is definitely still in Halo 5 even if they didn't directly work on it. Not gonna lie, looking forward to the day Microsoft's cash cow dies and they are forced to innovate a new IP.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #227405

Davidchan wrote:Honestly have to check everytime I look at Halo gameplay these days to see if its CoD or Halo 5. Kinda sad.

As for Certain Affinity, they definitely worked on Halo 4 and MC edition multiplayer, the former an unbalanced mess and the latter was basically dead on arrival because they managed to break games that still worked on the previous consoles. Their influence is definitely still in Halo 5 even if they didn't directly work on it. Not gonna lie, looking forward to the day Microsoft's cash cow dies and they are forced to innovate a new IP.
Just because its different doesn't mean its bad, and if you don't believe there were "KILL THEM AS FAST AS POSSIBLE" clusterfucks in the original halos then I don't know what game your talking about. The biggest difference I think between halo and cod is that halo has vehicles.

And at this point thats all I've got.

The reason they look so similar is because CoD has been slowly moving farther away from realism and becoming Sci-Fi which pisses me off because thats what set them apart and gave them their own unique vibe.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #227562

no you don't get it, the problem is that it ISN'T DIFFERENT. AT ALL. IT'S LITERALLY COD.

and to add on because this isn't the nutshed, i loved the old halo game's chaos, where you spammed right click whenever you saw an enemy, where you constantly get roasted by that kid who always climbs to the top of the map for a rocket launcher, but now it just SUCKS. even the needler back then was fun, and that weapon is like anti fun

so screw you and your stupid halo game
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #227564

I seriously think that loadouts and removing non powerweapon spawns from maps is what killed the multiplayer. Used to be everyone started with the same weapon (unless you were playing randoms which was amazing in its own right) and you would have to scour the map spawns for plasma rifles, smgs, needlers, battle rifles or whatever else. It added more depth to map area control and made you use unlikely guns if you ran out of bullets mid fight. Assault rifle dry? Well shit, time to dual wield this plasma rifle with my pistol and hope for the best.

Utterly lost when everyone spawns with whatever gun they want short of rocket launchers and snipers

I did like how they added an LMG though, didn't make sense that the UNSC would not have a weapon of that type
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #227860

Armhulen wrote:no you don't get it, the problem is that it ISN'T DIFFERENT. AT ALL. IT'S LITERALLY COD.

and to add on because this isn't the nutshed, i loved the old halo game's chaos, where you spammed right click whenever you saw an enemy, where you constantly get roasted by that kid who always climbs to the top of the map for a rocket launcher, but now it just SUCKS. even the needler back then was fun, and that weapon is like anti fun

so screw you and your stupid halo game
Armhulen that was very rude, I know none of the halos will top the bungie games I'm just trying to make light of a shitty situation and pull some good from it, I'm also waiting for 2020 because then we can get the one halo anniversary I want.

HALO REACH ANNIVERSARY

And Armhulen since when have you had an xbox or experienced the classic halos?
I have a classic Xbox and an Xbox one so i've played an beaten them all on legendary.
Did you get halo 1 and 2 on PC?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #228060

MrEousTranger wrote:Did you get halo 1 and 2 on PC?
yes, i have it because of the lan parties are sick
MrEousTranger wrote: Armhulen that was very rude, I know none of the halos will top the bungie games I'm just trying to make light of a shitty situation and pull some good from it, I'm also waiting for 2020 because then we can get the one halo anniversary I want.
stage one: denial

what will make the halo anniversary good and not halo 6?
MrEousTranger wrote:I have a classic Xbox and an Xbox one so i've played an beaten them all on legendary.
i used to have an xbox and i played reach and shit on that

god i miss reach
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #228068

Because if halo reach anniversary is anything like halo reach it will be 7 steps above the new halos and if it has FULL CUSTOMIZATION like reach I'd be the happiest person alive.

I'm also looking forward to 3 anniversary.

The reason I'm not as excited about halo 6 is that the story is fucking tanking, halo 4's was sub-par but I still played it and spartan ops and enjoyed it, but halo 5's was so god damn awful that I wanted to cut myself, so if its declining at this rate then its game over man.

and one of the most impactful but smallest issues I have with the new ones is
Spoiler:
why the fuck do the armors not have crotch guards??
I guess people may have been wierded out by the fact it outlines their dong
but now they look so fucking flat that it looks like the guys are just chicks
with testosterone injections.