need a good skulking in shadows fix

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

need a good skulking in shadows fix

Post by Drynwyn » #56073

So I really like stealth games.
I wouldn't say that I'd marry the genre, but only because the new Thief game had to ruin it for everyone.
Unfortunately I find myself thirsting for good stealth gameplay once more. Does anyone know of a good game with skillful stealth (Does not necessarily have to be a stealth game per se- an RPG with a great stealth system would also work fine) that isn't one of the following (which I've already played and grown bored of):

-Any of the Thief titles
-Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout
-Dishonored
-Alien: Isolation
-Any of the Assassin's Creed games
-Shadow of Mordor
-Splinter Cell games from 2010 onward
-Batman: Arkham (Something)
-Metal Gear >= 3
-Deus Ex and Deus Ex Human Revolution

No restrictions on age, but needs to be a PC game. Difficult is fine- good even, since as you may have inferred from the list above, I have a lot of practice in stealth games.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: need a good skulking in shadows fix

Post by Timbrewolf » #56074

You've never played Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 2?

What about the PSP titles? Portable OPs is underrated, and Peacewalker is as good as everyone lauds it to be.

Boktai is another konami stealth game but in it you play as a vampire hunter sneaking around castles to kill monsters. Unfortunately it used a unique IR sensor to actually detect and absorb sunlight through the cartridge to power up your weapon...so emulating it can be difficult.

Gunpoint is another good, relatively recent indie PC title. It's got a lot in common with Mark of the Ninja (which is another good stealth game you should check out while you're on it).

It's a bit of a stretch but you could try Fallout:Tactics or Jagged Alliance as well. Both games have the potential to be played as stealthy squad-based murder simulators. Having a group of four coordinated stealthy bastards moving in to shank/shoot everyone on objectives is neato.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #56075

I haven't played MGS or MGS2.

As for the PSP titles, I don't own a PSP, and while I could set up an emulator, it doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

I'll try Gunpoint. I forgot to list Mark of the Ninja, which I played and enjoyed- if it's similar I'd imagine I'll get along with it.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #56078

>Peacewalker
>not worth the effort

Suit yourself. You asked for good stealth games and, well...
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #56083

Dishonored
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #56086

If you don't mind a few platforming bits where you misjudge the jump and fall to your death several times, long levels, and a few slightly unfair seeming situations

Consider Styx
It's pretty amusing, but it's slow as balls
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #56097

LunchboxKilla wrote:Dishonored
Dishonored was fun even though its got one of those obnoxious "here's all these fun toys you can have to kill lots of nerds but don't use them or you get a shitty ending you meanieface" moral choice systems
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #56123

You've played nearly every good stealth game worth mentioning, as for PC stealth games you've got very slim pickings.

Games Goyim
Deus Ex Invisible war
Evolve [Kind of],
DayZ
Hitman [any of them]
This War of Mine
Sniper Elite [Back logged]
Tenchu Series [Tenchu Z is the best bar none]

Did I mention you can run around almost bare ass naked murdering people through doors and grabbing them while your on the ceiling in Tenzu Z? I didn't? Well you can.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #56147

LunchboxKilla wrote:Dishonored
Dishonored's fun for about 4 hours, then the credits play and you want to play something else.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #56267

srifenbyxp wrote:You've played nearly every good stealth game worth mentioning, as for PC stealth games you've got very slim pickings.

Games Goyim
Deus Ex Invisible war
Evolve [Kind of],
DayZ
Hitman [any of them]
This War of Mine

Did I mention you can run around almost bare ass naked murdering people through doors and grabbing them while your on the ceiling in Tenzu Z? I didn't? Well you can.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or if you're the only other person on this earth who actually liked Tenchu Z.

I had a lot of FUN playing that game, making my own ninja man (who was practically naked, yes) and murdering the FUCK out of everyone.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #56273

I've been having fun with MGS Ground Zeroes. Though uh, it was like five bucks during the Winter Sale, so.

It has day missions also. How2stelth in broad daylight. (The answer is tranquilizer darts)
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #56279

An0n3 wrote:
srifenbyxp wrote:You've played nearly every good stealth game worth mentioning, as for PC stealth games you've got very slim pickings.

Games Goyim
Deus Ex Invisible war
Evolve [Kind of],
DayZ
Hitman [any of them]
This War of Mine

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or if you're the only other person on this earth who actually liked Tenchu Z.

I had a lot of FUN playing that game, making my own ninja man (who was practically naked, yes) and murdering the FUCK out of everyone.
he's gotta be sarcastic
DEUS EX INVISIBLE WAR IS IN THERE
INVISIBLE WAR FOR PETES SAKE.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #56293

There's this platformer called Stealth Bastard that's pretty fun.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #56298

DataJack and Metrocide are two sort-of stealth games as well.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #56327

I can recommend Metrocide

It's like single player traitor
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #56394

I am in no way being sarcastic, I played the games and liked em. Alsoooooooo

http://www.trueachievements.com/Tenchu- ... erid=60592
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Xerux
Byond Username: Xerux

Post by Xerux » #56424

The original Unreal Tournament has a mod called Thievery, it's geared towards multiplayer but has bot support. (At least for guards, can't remember about thieves.)

There's also a standalone game (id4 engine) called The Dark Mod. (It used to be a Doom 3 TC. I've never played it.)
Spoiler:
Nolan Field - Various, Solar - Cyborg, Watcher - AI, Honksey - Clown, Sy Lent - Mime, Aveil Nahara - Inactive, Ayden Fryer - Data Lost | Byond, Github
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #56502

We could collectively play Intruder together.

https://superbossgames.com/intruder/

If you ever played the adversarial modes in the old Splinter Cell games, the Spies vs Mercenaries stuff, you'll sort-of be prepared for this.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #56503

Wow I forgot about Intruder, very good game and I love how in game communication works.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #58517

Thanks for the suggestions- I enjoyed Gunpoint and am currently playing Hitman: Blood Money.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #58897

An0n3 wrote:We could collectively play Intruder together.

https://superbossgames.com/intruder/

If you ever played the adversarial modes in the old Splinter Cell games, the Spies vs Mercenaries stuff, you'll sort-of be prepared for this.
we should all play this
i havent played it since wild hogs was still a thing but it was seriously legit
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though