The Hidden

Talk about video games here
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

The Hidden

Post by NikNakFlak » #80092

In the early 1950s human genetics experimentation was taking its first, tentative steps. Amongst many other black projects, a team of British scientists working at an Infinitum Research experimental station stumbled across some remarkable phenomena involving DNA manipulation. This led to deeper research with dangerously unpredictable results, often leading to human patients losing their lives in irresponsible and immoral experiments.

Time passed on, and by the mid 1990s the failure rate of the experiments had been reduced from 75% to a mere 15%, enough for Infinitum to move onto the next stage: Biological Light Refraction. The British team were hoping to unravel the possibilities of light manipulation to create the perfect covert military agent. Early into the new millennium, due to a gross miscalculation, a series of tests on Subject 617 led to a massive synaptic trauma leaving the patient with multiple genetic anomalies.

The subject was left in constant pain and with unstable DNA. The subject escaped captivity, killing anyone that got in its way. The I.R.I.S. (Infinitum Research Interception Squad) team have been deployed to return the subject to a maximum security Infinitum Research facility for further study and dissection. The entire project was considered a failure: all funding ceased and development was discontinued while all records and traces of the experiments were destroyed. Infinitum Research denies all knowledge of any form of human DNA manipulation but are more than happy to comment on the possibilities of cloning human organs inside suitable animal donors. It is believed that these organ cloning experiments form the main cover for their human genetic manipulation experimentations.

Subject 617, known as 'The Hidden', must turn the tables and become the hunter instead of the hunted as the I.R.I.S. team close their net around him.
It may be an old game but it's pretty fun. It's free and easy to get too. Go into your dropdown menu of library to tools. In your tools menu, install the Source SDK 2006 Base. Anyone with steam can install this for free and it's used to runt he game. Next, go here: http://www.hidden-source.com/downloads.htm and download a client installer and install it. Next, restart steam and "The Hidden" will be available to play as one of the games. I played it earlier with a couple of guys from /tg/ and one of them set up a server.

A /tg/ server is set up for now by Shaps for anyone to use.
The IP is spook.game.nfoservers.com:27015
The password is honk
Were planning on playing again saturday at 1pm Central.
Come join us. The ideal amount of players is around 9ish. I think we can go over but it gets pretty chaotic. Hopefully we get a good amount.
We will use Sticky's team speak too which is: voice.france2.pingperfect.com:9992
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: The Hidden

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #80094

What time zone is that 1pm for?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #80096

Central, sorry. Thread updated.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #80097

This game is pretty funny, the gameplay consists of the Hidden spamming Nar'sie lines while the team screams GO LEFT GO LEFT GO LEFT because source game voice commands are the bomb

Then you corner it on a roof and it dies

A+ when can we play this
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80118

Oh shit I used to be so fucking good at this game. I hope I can still pull off Xbox 360 physics kills that was so much fun.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #80123

Stickymayhem wrote:Oh shit I used to be so fucking good at this game. I hope I can still pull off Xbox 360 physics kills that was so much fun.
I think you can, but it's been a while since I last played it.

Going TOOSANICTOSEE is amazingly fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #80151

LYNCH THE LINK LYNCH THE LING OH GOD ARMBLADE.

Yea. I'd need t find and reinstall it again. It was purged back when I needed to clear some space last becuase i had no one to play with.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #80155

Oh man, I used to play this a fuck ton back in the day.

Does the server have Pig-Stick on or off?

It was a load of fun crouch-pouncing onto people then watching them freak out as you dick-stab them
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80156

I used to play with a guy who would kill the entire server over and over again without fail with one barrel.

He would fling that fucker everywhere at all times it was like playing high speed invisible dodgeball. I wish I could get that gud
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #80178

The server currently has pig-stick on.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80186

NikNakFlak wrote:The server currently has pig-stick on.
Please get the pigstick push mod its more balanced and also hilarious
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #80188

I don't get what gets people all fired up about Pigstick, anyway.

So, what mod?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80197

Pigstick is ultra easy mode for the hidden, literally impossible to defend against and an instant kill
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #80199

Meh, just about nothing can really be 'defended' against so long as it lands, and doesn't it gib, denying the Hidden a healing chance?

Provided you watch each others' backs from out of pipe bomb range you might actually hit him, too.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #80200

Did they ever change charging up your pig stick whilst in the air?

I think they did, yet people like me where still wiping out whole squads in the space of a minute.

Don't need healing if they don't hit you.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #80267

i like using the paintball gun
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #80346

I can throw the pigshove mod on the server when we go to use it next
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #80928

Well, looks like we kind of skipped over this. Im still interested in getting a tg game up but ill probably just ask in IRC.