Killing Floor 2

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Re: Killing Floor 2

Post by DrPillzRedux » #84432

Bottom post of the previous page:

At lv25 as medic I am giving around 25% armor repair per heal. It's hilariously broken right now.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #84434

That seems like a bug, that's not how the ability is described to work and I've never seen it act like that.

Is that when running up to people and using your syringe on them or shooting them with a dart?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #84436

Syringe.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84437

I'm trying to recreate it and I'm not seeing it. Whether by dart or directly administering a syringe it seems like there's only the slightest amount of armor regen.

I'll try some more.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #84490

Steelpoint wrote:The only time you'll take the free armour perk is in the first wave, then you can swap it to the armour repair perk.

That, plus the lv20 armour repair/bloat immunity, means you can repair a lot of armour.
This is why I may actually change to being a Medic using Berserker weapons rather than a Berserker.
Increased armour, increased health and immunity to bloats.

Hopefully they'll change around the perks and skills a bit in the future.
alyssayui
Byond Username: ShadowYui

Post by alyssayui » #84683

I'd like to post to remind everyone that Tripwire said that there would likely be one or more resets to progression/achievements during the early access period. I feel like not a lot of people read that and are going to be blindsided and extremely angry.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #84725

Armour repair stacks nicely with healing grenades, as the armour recovery happens each tick that somebody is in the cloud, so if you're heavily damaged and sit in the blue cloud of goodness from beginning to end you get a great big chunk of armour to play with.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84734

>tfw everyone else is dead and you solo clutch it out to kill Hans
1484080-1_master_roshi.jpg
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84736

Yeah, that was really fucking impressive, not to mention extremely stressful to watch. Edge of my seat the whole time.

I really gotta stop trying to melee that geriatric fuck.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #84743

Its surprisingly easy to dodge Scrakes on higher difficutlies, simply running into their attacks on the left side. I was able to solo eight Scrakes as a Medic on Suicide after my team died.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84984

On THEIR left side you mean, where they just have a fist and no chainsaw.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #85005

Your left which is their right which is where their chainsaw is.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85061

I always dodge them in the other direction then. All their attacks startup on their right and they have horrible tracking. When they come in with that dumb moshpit spin for example, you can easily just sprint towards them and to the right to get by.

Scrakes aren't a problem by themselves, it's when you're surrounded by all the trashmobs and can't zip around that they become an issue.

As a medic the two enemies you need to look out for the most are fleshpounds and sirens IMO. Fleshpounds are harder to put down because of your inferior damage output and there's really no dodging them once they're on you. The solution is to just get the fuck away from them and stay away from them as best you can...but as a medic you need to stay with the team and keep everyone stable so that's usually hard to balance. Sirens are a constant pain in the ass because they deny you your god-tier grenades. In shitty situations I always prioritize them first so I can just gas the shit out of everyone afterwards.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #85127

Fleshpounds are easily taken cared of so long as you can put sufficient room between it and yourself.

Under normal circumstances your teams heavy hitters would take care of the fleshpounder, but in a worst case scenario you need to keep on the move and deal with all the trash zed. So long as you keep good distance between you and the FP it will never catch up to you even when enraged. Once you've dealt with the trash you can start shooting the FP a few times, running to outrun his enrage, and repeat ad infinitum.

Sirens I found to be a interesting asset, as they are the only enemy that can damage your health directly while ignoring your armour. Using some Siren damage to lower your health, then using your armour repair perk to self heal, can mean letting you restore some free armour at no cost. But that's a very specific, and dangerous, asset.

Finally as you said, Scrakes are no problem so long as you don't enrage them. A good medic can deal with a single enraged Scrake at a time, but more than one and your in very big trouble. The two strats I've found on dealing with Scrakes is either to use a Pulveriser in melee or to dodge it and shoot it. Biggest problem on both ends is your magazines running out.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85167

Pulverizer shits all over Scrakes. You bop 'em on the head for a stagger, and time your next bop so it hits right as they recover from the first. GG no re.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #85280

Good luck doing that in HoE.

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91754

Bit late to the party, just got it. Anyone still play?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91858

A bunch of us played it a bunch and we're kinda holding off until they add more classes and guns.
It's a game you could easily burn through everything that is in it right now and then not give a fuck about later.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91861

Yeah there is one pistol and no 44 revolver, my disappointment is palpable. Also holy shit new patriarch is hard as fuck
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #91983

I can all but guarantee that there will be all kinds of pistols and revolvers when they (eventually) add in the gunslinger class.

Also there's a new class called the 'SWAT' that acts as the new tanker class, and from what is gathererd he will use SMG's as his main weapon, with the P90 being his apparent main weapon at first.