The Hammershield Chronicles: ReDorfed

Talk about video games here
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: The Hammershield Chronicles: ReDorfed

Post by ThanatosRa » #76121

Bottom post of the previous page:

Mine isn't much better. I don't expect us to survive very long. BUt that's okay. I hope we find the circus again.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #76122

Did you ever figure out why the crossbowdorfs didn't work for clown killing before?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76123

You can make bone armor and bolts, as well as adorning furniture with bone. Maybe later we will look in to making a death squad who wears the bones of our enemies.

Anyways winter is chugging on miserably. There is housing dug out now, every dwarf has nice quarters and a bed. Azari has temporarily taken the mantle of book keeper until a replacement is found. Large areas of stone are cleared for an eventual metalworking area, and some of the chalk is cut into great blocks for the walls.
Spoiler:
Did i mention chalk? Everything is chalk. Great for construction and steelmaking, not so great if you don't love being covered in white powdery shit at all times. At least we blend well with the snow.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76125

Also no, i have no fucking idea why they were not shooting. I am hoping to have some crossbowdorfs in this fort so we will see how it goes.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76127

Elven caravan has arrive. Kill them, yes or very yes?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76128

Conventional wisdom would say wait until we have more dorfs/more then a hovel.

Luckily we are neither conentional nor wise.

[x] Murder the elves, rape the bodies, wear the bones as armor
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76129

For God's sake, don't poke the leaf-eating, oddly-effeminate bear until you've set the traps. Let's get shit from them first.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76130

Two elves with pack animals come to trade. They look around at the future fortresses sight with utter contempt, turning up their noses at the logged trees. Urist is a traditionalist dwarf, his father often regaled him with tales of the Splattered Conflict, a horrible time when elves and dwarves made war on each other. They were known for eating the corpses of those they slay. Disgusting creatures. When they approached Urist at the Depot and asked if he would like to trade some of his "Quaint dwarven works" He responded by lodging his axe in the loathsome creature's torso.
Spoiler:
He swept its head from its shoulders. The other elf turned to run away, and Urist, overcome with bloodlust, dropped his axe to the ground and killed the damn dirty elf with his bare hands.
Spoiler:
First blood, bitches. See you again next year.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76131

Also it is really hard to make elves go to war with you, it takes more than one killed caravan. The dwarves move to collect the massive pile of goods left behind, including a large supply of fruit and wooden items.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76132

Well, I can see why Urist is the commander, jesus christ how horrifying.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76138

>Urist McSpaceDorf says: "Death is all around us. This is truly horrifying."

WELL WHOSE FUCKING FAULT IS THAT
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76145

Wyzack wrote:Two elves with pack animals come to trade. They look around at the future fortresses sight with utter contempt, turning up their noses at the logged trees. Urist is a traditionalist dwarf, his father often regaled him with tales of the Splattered Conflict, a horrible time when elves and dwarves made war on each other. They were known for eating the corpses of those they slay. Disgusting creatures. When they approached Urist at the Depot and asked if he would like to trade some of his "Quaint dwarven works" He responded by lodging his axe in the loathsome creature's torso.
Spoiler:
He swept its head from its shoulders. The other elf turned to run away, and Urist, overcome with bloodlust, dropped his axe to the ground and killed the damn dirty elf with his bare hands.
Spoiler:
First blood, bitches. See you again next year.
That...was... AWESOME!!

And cool, I gots me a new chamber pot too.

Also, I'm pretty sure dwarves refuse to make bone crafts from the bones of sentients, unless they suffer a Macabre Mood.
In other words, no miracle happy mist fountain in a mastercraft engraved dining room filled with artifact furniture for us please
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76155

So summer has come, and the water is still all frozen. At least the sunshine has melted some of the snow away. It is still below freezing but compared to the dead of winter it feels like paradise to our poor dorfs. I assume we will be getting our first migrants this season. Not much has happened, so here is a snapshot of what will become the metalworking area.
Spoiler:
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76158

Uh so there may have just been an accident.

I had Feretal caving in some useless ground on the surface in preparation for creating our aboveground fortress, and the cavein blasted him up into a tree. No big deal i thought, i will just cut him down like i always did in Hammershield. Well he landed on his neck and died near instantly. So we are down to six, and Feretal needs a new dorf. God fucking dammit, we had better get migrants soon.

EDIT: I stand corrected, he did not land on his neck but one of the loose logs from the tree smashed his jugular open as he was falling. Pulping OP, Todee pls nerf
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76162

I like how Feretal survives getting blown up INTO a tree, and somehow dies his jugular split open by a flying log. Another reason for dorfs to not like the outside.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76183

Some migrant finally arrived, boosting our population up to 14. The new arrivals are hurry in out of the coal, the warm wood stoves and cozy stone corridors a pleasant change from the freezing cold and threat of goblin patrols outside.
Spoiler:
They are briefed with the construction plans, and get to work constructing the outer walls for what will be our grand citadel.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76184

Also holy shit they are all fucking farmers. These chucklefucks are in for a career change.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76185

Man am i on a fucking roll today. While channelling out the second floor of our two story dining hall i caused a miner cave-in that became a massive catastrophe. I guess the explosion of the cave in send a bunch of chalk ballistic. Chucklefuck mcfarmer got one-shotted by the stuff, literally 3 other got mangled limbs and poor Dongers got her ribs smashed through her lungs, still not sure if she is gonna make it or not. The moral of this story is not to get impatient with channeling designations, or people will die!
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76187

The cave in incident left the fortress in dire straits. Even in the dead of summer all nearby water was frozen solid, and the injured would dehydrate quickly without a source of water. Azari made a snap desicion. The fortress construction was put on hold and a few of the newbies were sent to dig for water. Luckily, one of the migrants had some medical skill, and he quickly began to tend to the wounded in the makeshift infirmary.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76189

Miraculously, we found it! Azari himself smashed through the last bit of wall to reveal an expansive cavern teeming with life, and more importantly, water!
Spoiler:
Our poor wounded dwarves bounce back from the brink of dehydration. Also it turns out the doctor was one of the badly wounded, so some chucklefuck mcfarmer with no medical skills is going to be tending to them. Oh well! Dongers isn't dead, which i think means she is going to make it.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76201

>ugly
>horny
>mildly retarded
>punctured ribs

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #76218

Yes hello, I would like to acquire one dwarf please thank you.

Also what. How do you get blasted UP into a tree from a cave in, what is this.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #76222

Wyzack wrote:Elven caravan has arrive. Kill them, yes or very yes?
You actually sicked your people on them? You could had: made a bridge > dig 5+ levels down > drop em in. Bonus points if you make the bottom filled with spikes and pull a lever to finish the job. Or don't and send your recruits in to finish them off for some xp.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76242

lumipharon wrote:I like how Feretal survives getting blown up INTO a tree, and somehow dies his jugular split open by a flying log. Another reason for dorfs to not like the outside.
This is clearly a first strike in a completely unprovoked war by those dirty tree huggers.
DORFS! WE MUST ERECT OUR FORTIFICATIONS TO REPEL THE HORRID POINTY EARS!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76243

Aint nobody got time for that, especially since we only had seven dwarves at the time. We don't even have any recruits yet. Anyways the new Balut actually has some pretty undorfy personality traits. She has been tending to the patients with only the most basic idea of how medicine works. Pretty rough deal, considering she has 4 or 5 mangled limbs to patch up. Here is hoping she doesnt suture herself to some poor bastard's leg.
Spoiler:
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76244

Yeah this was definitely some elf sorcery bullshit. Next elf caravan we are going to try trading them wooden goods so that they get all offended, kill one and let the other run off to tell on us. Probably the easiest way to start a war. The Whips didn't authorize us to open a new front but what the fuck do they know.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76245

Rudimentary metalworks have been set up. Some iron is smelted and chain is forged to make some traction benches to aid in recovery of the wounded. The beginnings of walls are assembled on the surface, and some cage traps laid to prevent creatures sneaking up from the depths. Some of the wounded have returned to active duty, only time will tell if Balut's "medical treatment" leaves them with permenant injuries or not.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76246

The Dwarven Caravan has arrived! It seems that they had little trouble slipping through goblin occupied areas. The outpost liaison is impressed with the current progress of the fortress.
Spoiler:

He spins us a tale of woe, the Ruthlessness of Feet is the very goblin civilization this fortress was meant to defend against.
Spoiler:
This puts Urist in a very bad mood. The liaison assures them that any refugees who wish to avenge their homeland will be directed to Axecarnage to fight the good fight.

Our dwarves chat idly with the traders about life in a military outpost. They ask if everyone is hobbled due to fighting with goblins, and Balut kinda laughs nervously and changes the subject. They ask why there are vaguely elven skeletons by the trade depot and Urist kinda stares them down silently. They stop asking questions.

We trade some clothes taken from the shitty pointy eared devils for some booze and meat to make rations with.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76248

Migrants! 4 new shitty worthless farmers. They are set to work cutting blocks and building walls, there is much to be done! Ingish, our only proper miner, hobbles around on a crutch while mining out a proper hospital to house a well. Balut managed to reconstruct her meat into a vaguely leg shaped appendage, but it doesn't work terribly well apparently.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76255

Started stonesense to take apicture of the walls, game crashes and i lose an hour of fucking progress. FUCK FUCK FUCK. I need to take a break.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76264

Ouch, that sucks.

And I know it's silly, but I'm proud of my dorf. Glad to see he doesn't just lead from the rear.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76271

I got over it pretty quick, but we are still not quite back where we were. Azari has waged a war on all of elvenkind by felling a shitload of their precious trees, and we are digging out the hospital again and restarting the walls. I just need to remember to save whenever i go to boot up stonesense for picture taking, buggy piece of shit.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76274

ALL TREES ARE BASTARDS
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #76277

Oooh, I'll take a dorf named after me. Preferably a mechanic.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76282

Alright, we re-received the second migrant wave. This is Drynwyn
Spoiler:
He will be apprenticing in mechanics under Epnymous, the current head mechanic as well as learning seige engineering.

I will post some pics once the walls are back to where they were.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76286

Alright so here is a nice 3d shot of the dining hall and metalworking area. The dining hall has a balcony overlooking in on the second floor from gem windows, probably going to make it a statue garden for nobles or something
Spoiler:
And here are the walls, currently one and a half levels high. I am thinking of making them 4 tall all around, and then higher for guard towers on the corners. There will eventually be barracks, living spaces and probably some farms on the upper level areas.
Spoiler:
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76287

Is that a fox in that room with the windows?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76291

EndgamerAzari wrote:Is that a fox in that room with the windows?
Kill the fury
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #76292

Malkevin wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:Is that a fox in that room with the windows?
Kill the fury
Don't kill The Fury! He just came back from space!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #76294

need more dwarven dickstabbers.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76300

Since our defenses will mostly be above ground, is there any way we can build some kind of catapault/launcher trap?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76304

Plan big, build a DOMAIN.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76310

There is indeed a fox, we took it from the elves we killed. Also a parrot and a weasel. We are gonna have a nice network of traps set up once upper level construction is a bit farther along. I have never fucked with siege engineering before, catapults are pretty useless because they can only attack the same Z level that they are on. I like the idea of making some balista bunkers though.

Also DemonFiren do you want a dorf?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76311

Nah, I'm about as good at coming up with dorf names as I am at coming up with lizard ones.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76314

I mean catapults that launch the enemy.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76315

It can just be DemonFiren, lots of people just use their forumname.

Anyways, apparently our fortress is an attractive target because Eponymous Rex has already caught five cave dwelling troglodytes in cage traps. Unfortunately as he wandered down to reload one of the snares a cave croc jumped him. Rather than run away like a sane person (seriously there was a fucking door right there he could have locked it out) He decided to fight it. He got some good licks in, but still was about to die when Urist showed up to put the beast down.
Spoiler:
Fucked up ribs and a missing left hand later poor Eponymous wound up in a hospital. Lets see if he can survive Balut's medical treatment. It is worth noting he was gibbering with rage in his bloodloss coma, he was really pissed at that gator.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76316

Just noticed now that the forum picture embedding cuts of the edges of my picture, must be a size thing. Any ideas for fixing it?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Balut

Post by Balut » #76317

I may or may not be an elf infiltrator/tator sorry.

Also yeah, the forum doesn't stretch or scroll. Just make the images links so we can click 'em to look at 'em in a different tab or something.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76318

Will do. Eponymous seems to be not dying, although he is a little pale. Likely from the massive bloodloss he sustained. Hopefully he will pull through, he seems to have returned to active duty.

Dongers also is somehow alive. The wounds screen shows no damage to speak of, but she is still flashing red like they do when they are wounded, as well as a grey X that i have no idea about. In any she is working without any problems, so i guess that is what counts. I have never had a non-evil embark where so many dwarves ended up mangled in the first year, we have like 6 people with permanent injuries.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Balut

Post by Balut » #76322

Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76323

I've just been copying image location and opening it in another tab, to get around that.