Steam Summer Sail 2015

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Steam Summer Sail 2015

Post by Drynwyn » #95376

Bottom post of the previous page:

Engineer is quite frankly a better gunner than the gunner, because versatility in engineering tools, especially with the Buff Hammer being a thing, is much, much more significant than 2 extra types of special ammo.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #95377

Depends on the weapon loadout. Some gun/ship combinations you'll only ever need one type of ammo.

Sometimes (like the video I posted of us on the junker) you definitely want the versatility of the extra ammo types.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #95379

>watching that video

HOLY SHIT I HATE THE SOUND OF MY VOICE
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #95381

Fuck not seeing much I want I am afraid I have bought too far.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #95382

On my squid build you can go 3 engineers since you don't need 3 ammo types for a flamer+barking dog
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95383

Only dog barking on this ship is ME SON
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95517

Gonna use this as my sale advice thread, Endless Space yes or no? I know nothing about the series, and all i know about the game is that it is an RTS style and is in space, both of which i love
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #95520

Endless Space is good, go for it
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95530

It's not an RTS. Not at all. It's a great sci-fi 4x and the follow-up game Endless Legend is a great fantasy 4x.

Endless Space has been around long enough now that I think most people have moved on to playing Endless Legend. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game's great single player but like...I've been having trouble trying to scrape players together for a multiplayer game for the last month or so. Don't count on being able to play that side of the game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95531

Oh so more like civ then? I tend to stick to single player for these types of games anyways to be honest. Might hold out to see if it goes on a flash sale or something for more than 50% off
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95546

Yeah, like Civ.

Aside from a few oddball and newer games I already own fucking everything on Steam. Steam sales stopped being a thing for me summer 2014.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #95548

Wyzack wrote: Might hold out to see if it goes on a flash sale or something for more than 50% off
You should always wait for something to go on 'more sale' during these sales. So wait until the last day if it never goes down in price.
An0n3 wrote: Steam sales stopped being a thing for me summer 2014.
I thought that too, but here I am still adding more crap onto the pile of other games I need to play.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #95549

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #95552

tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #95556

So we getting dismemberment added in exchange for GTA 5 or nah
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95558

Rico made another thread, it looks promising
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #95564

tedward1337 wrote:So we getting dismemberment added in exchange for GTA 5 or nah
I talk about my progress in here:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3837

By the way, RemieRichards has been a big help so far (in the first place because Augmentation did a lot of work to move us to a limb system), so they deserve at least half the praise if we pull this off.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95566

Was Gta5 pc always 80 bucks or did they jack up he price for steam sale time?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #95570

Wyzack wrote:Was Gta5 pc always 80 bucks or did they jack up he price for steam sale time?
Right now you can only buy GTA V in two bundles, one with GTA SA and a small cash bundle for GTA:O, the other with a big cash bundle for GTA:O. Both bundles cost around 80 bucks, and now they're on sale they're roughly 55-60 bucks. Which means that even during the sale you have to pay (almost) full price for GTA V, you just get a few goodies.

It's a bit of a dick move on Rockstar Games' part, but it beats having no sale at all.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95572

Damn son that fucking blows. What a shitty cash grab tactic, my GTA online character don't need no handouts
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #95595

Ricotez wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:So we getting dismemberment added in exchange for GTA 5 or nah
I talk about my progress in here:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3837

By the way, RemieRichards has been a big help so far (in the first place because Augmentation did a lot of work to move us to a limb system), so they deserve at least half the praise if we pull this off.
Awh fukking YEH
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #95742

anyone here get lethal league
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95793

Oh god endless ledgends or endless space pls help
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95876

Why not both?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #96375

... SO yea, I FINALLY got into the borderlands series.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #96423

Spoiler:
>spend 30 dollars on steam sale

>end up playing ss13 and smash bros again
sale's pretty mediocre this year unless you haven't already picked up some of the bigger titles. if you've never played it, grab Binding of Isaac rebirth, and if you liked the first game then Hotline Miami 2 is a bit cheaper right now. the new street fighter's also looking pretty good if that's what you're into. that's all i really recommend at the moment

USE THIS TO TRACK SALES, it's 100x better for searching for steam games by hard numbers (like rating or price) than the steam store interface. there are like 10,000 games for <20 cents at the moment if you want to beef up your steam game count or farm cards.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #96483

PKPenguin321 wrote: sale's pretty mediocre this year unless you haven't already picked up some of the bigger titles. if you've never played it, grab Binding of Isaac rebirth, and if you liked the first game then Hotline Miami 2 is a bit cheaper right now. the new street fighter's also looking pretty good if that's what you're into. that's all i really recommend at the moment
If anything that's more of a dig against the offerings of the industry and who's making deals WITH Valve for distribution rights this year than against Steam itself.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #96487

I bought Talos Principle, that's probably gonna be it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #96973

accepting nudes for games
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #96976

oranges wrote:accepting nudes for games
Spoiler:
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96978

oranges wrote:accepting nudes for games
I guarentee if you post that on singulo you will get like 20 dick pics
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #97005

Didn't think I'd be able to participate in the sale until I got (what was for me) a fairly decent amount of money out of the blue the other day. But looking at what's on sale, nothing seems to be worth buying.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #97045

I got Freedom Planet and Child of Light so far. Unless something changes im probably not gonna get anything else.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #97051

This is useful for seeing the apparent "best" games on Steam.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #97057

To go along with the coders, I'll do sprites for games. :p
Hey.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97332

Farming Simulator 2013 is half off.

I kind of want to host a server as an experiment and see what happens.

Will people work together or will farm b griff?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97336

How much is it?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #97339

100% orangu juicu~ is on sale.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97346

Farm simulator is like $14. Call it $20 and spend the rest of it on beer. Get drunk and abuse farm animals/ram eachother into outer space with that sweet sweet collision detection.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #97418

I think I have that one and already tried the multiplayer

It's awful
But it's the kind of awful that lets you plow civilian cars off the road in a tractor and harvest your crops in the shape of a dick

Edit: Nope. I have Agriculture sim 2011. Nevermind
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97676

FARMA: Tactical Crop Co-op Simulator.

SMOKE WHEAT EVERY DAY

If anyone wants to fuck around I have a server setup I can turn on and off.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97686

JESUS CHRIST
WORM HOOOOOOOLE.png
WE SKIPPED 600,000+ LEVELS

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97688

An0n3 wrote:JESUS CHRIST
WORM HOOOOOOOLE.png

>I was impressed my room got to 300,000+
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97691

Here is the deal. I can either get wasteland 2 or this shitty farming game with the remaining steamsale moneis i have. Convince me that buying the farm game is not a completely awful idea
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97693

We're currently at 11,000,000 and the train has no brakes.

I'm doing something like 176 trillion DPS to 3.5 quadrillion DPS depending on crits.
Wyzack wrote:Here is the deal. I can either get wasteland 2 or this shitty farming game with the remaining steamsale moneis i have. Convince me that buying the farm game is not a completely awful idea
2015-06-21_00014.jpg
Buy whatever you want man I'll harvest this dank weed by myself if I must.

You should probably just get Wasteland 2 though. Eventually I want to pick up Farming Simulator 2015 and this will be old and busted.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #97739

Holy shit this sale game.

I'm getting into it today on the last day, and we're on 48,759.

We were on like, 500~ then like, 700 of the 1000 players used wormholes and suddenly I'm instantly dieing.
Then I have a fuck ton of cash and buy health upgrades and I'm not dying.
Now we're getting millions each time we fight a boss.

And this is nothing close to the numbers you guys are talking about.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97740

Currently at 20,000,000 something. Idiots aren't stopping to use wormholes on the 100's. Fucking morons are killing the boss too early. Our progress is still speeding up exponentially but we could be going even faster.

Shit dies so fast the level counter doesn't know what to do. It just increases by random numbers every second. Sometimes you see a flash of a few enemies. Sometimes it's fucking up and going so fast you see multiple bosses on screen dying at the same time.

We only got like 20,000 skips out of that boss when we could've had a million. Fucking idiots along for the ride not running the script and not knowing what to do.

21,000,000 something now.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #97741

Lol My steam froze.
My store and community pages are fucked.
Haha.

Edit The community page is now making the noises as if it's loading the game, but it isn't. *sigh* progress is saved isn't it?
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97746

1) Go here and install this

https://github.com/wchill/steamSummerMinigame/releases

2) Open the summer game in a chrome window (not through the steam client)

3) Totally hands free ride to the top. Don't touch anything.

SERIOUSLY DONT TOUCH ANYTHING. It will attack, buy upgrades, use abilities, change lanes, etc. all by itself. It'll even join the best room it can for you and try to get you in with other people running the script. When you first open the page for the steam game you should see a big white block of text at the top that describes a server connection process. Just let it do its thing. It will put you in a game eventually.

4) Make sure the script + game are running in their own browser window with just the single tab for the game itself. Minimize it if you don't want it running in the background, but don't run it in a tab alongside other windows.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #97748

I beat you too it by about a minute, But cheers An0n.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97749

Remie Richards wrote:I beat you too it by about a minute, But cheers An0n.
wat?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: