HORRIBLE MMO FUN TIMES

Talk about video games here
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Re: HORRIBLE MMO FUN TIMES

Post by mrpain » #145409

Bottom post of the previous page:

The only horrible MMO I plan on playing right now would be Black Desert Online. I plan on entering with zero expectations and still being disappointed. Planning on trying that one? Let me know.
/vg/station Head Admin
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #145429

play this one when it comes out in a week

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/

it's NCSoft so it will probably be good at launch and then slowly deteriorate from there until it becomes the next Aion
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #145430

I don't think you should risk that, it might be good.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #145433

Incomptinence wrote:I don't think you should risk that, it might be good.
it is f2p from the start, so that means that any mechanics that require cash shop items were probably part of the initial design
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #145446

This probably won't be a shitty game, but how about all of us getting into TS, and rolling up as a bunch of Ork Boyz and start screaming ork jargon at people very loudly when that new 40k MMO comes out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #145450

ah so never???
god bless vaporware.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #145475

Zilenan91 wrote:This probably won't be a shitty game, but how about all of us getting into TS, and rolling up as a bunch of Ork Boyz and start screaming ork jargon at people very loudly when that new 40k MMO comes out.
Is that ever coming out?
EndgamerAzari wrote:Let's give this one a try:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/381990/
Installed. We're go for this anime rip off game for 10 year olds.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145477

GAT DAM
TIG OL BITTIES.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #145532

Can't escape the annie may tiddy
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #145547

>ScarletBlade has been removed from your system
>Aeria Games has been removed from your system
thankyou jesu-
An0n3 wrote:
TIG OL BITTIES.png
oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #145610

I'mma get in on this. installling dragon saga now.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #145637

why haven't you played Amazing World yet?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145638

Don't even know what that is.

I half-considered Wildstar now that's it's F2P but I feel like some people might actually get sucked into playing it for real.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #145647

you might want to update the op btw
or don't

>having ping problems all day
>checking the whole network
>ps3: off
>chromecast: off
>dad's laptop: off
>mum/dad's phones: wifi not being used, cache cleared
>my phone: wifi being used, usually only 20ms, cache cleared
>check cameras even though there is no wireless capability in them
>i was downloading the fucking mmo the whole time
>didn't have my steam library open in the background
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #145767

OBS didn't realise this game wasn't just a black screen, but something magical happened and it fixed itself
fps is, surprisingly, fucking amazing when recording
no fps drop at all, even after converting from flv to mp4.
game's actual graphics are kawaii ~^____^~ so there's that
controls are REALLY fucking weird: arrow keys to move, abilities on QWERASDF and 12345678 - X is your main basic attack of all things
the chat is obviously filled with people trading or whatever, couldn't find a way of minimizing that chat at all so unless you have a super high res enjoy that taking up a bunch of the screen
another thing that takes up the screen is some weird fucking DDR shit that tells you what button you just hit and the two before it
i have no idea why it's a thing and it's super distracting to me
anyway i'll be recording for my own shit

an0n this is the kind of testing you should be doing instead of trying on the night and ripping

here's a screenshot of what i assume to be the main hub:
some nerds had like a duel there or whatever that's the red banner i'm next to also the blue spirit circle in the bg
after this screenshot i learned that where you put the UI isn't saved inbetween sessions - i moved the chat to the right when testing recording, relaunched and it reset itself to that
archers are the best btw
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #145774

why does that NPC sound like a phishing email
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146006

We still doing this tomorrow?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146008

Yes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146167

Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146168

Gon b gud. Anon3 can you link to where the stream will be?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146212

Anime_tiddies.exe is installing, please wait
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146222

Doug will be streaming here:

http://www.hitbox.tv/endgamerazari

And my stream is here:

http://www.twitch.tv/an0n3live
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146225

mod]Weekly maintenance happens every Tuesday from 10pm-2am PDT.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ARE YOU SERIOUS

EDIT: It seems the servers have been down since yesterday for emergancy maintenece, we might need to swap games again
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146230

Doug and I are in emergency chat figuring out what to play. We're on it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146232

Zilenan91 wrote:Can you guys shit on this MMO called Rappelz after you shit on Scarlet Blade? I tried it a few years back and it was honestly awful.

This.

We're doing

THIS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146268

The fuck is this trailer [youtube]H3VlvJnYjgw[/youtube]

Good god the animation on it is absolutely fucking dumpster-tier and the music and the designs and the everything are so BAD
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #146272

oh god please tell me that is a joke. 2D paperdoll animations and the music sounds like a retarded carnival
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146273

It's not. It's all like this.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146275

What the fuck

did I just watch

We need to pick a server.

PVE or PVP lads?
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146276

I'll try and find more of these horrible fucking trailers for Rappelz because I'm a masochist. Gonna update this with the videos brb.
Edit : HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS THESE GUYS MADE AGE OF WULIN? That game is the single worst piece of fucking filth I've ever played in my entire life.
Edit 2 : There aren't any other Rappelz update trailers, so I think they stopped updating it, so no luck on that, darn.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146277

Oh also do PvE otherwise you'll get spawncamped by level 300 Masterwork virgins
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #146279

Zilenan91 wrote:The fuck is this trailer [youtube]H3VlvJnYjgw[/youtube]

Good god the animation on it is absolutely fucking dumpster-tier and the music and the designs and the everything are so BAD

I think they tried to do that Guild Wars 2 thing with the moving artwork but got someone who's new to Adobe Flash to animate it

and that same person was also new to FL Studio and could only find the carnival instruments
Spoiler:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146284

>they started half an hour early
>they changed the mmo
>they didn't inform me when i joined ts
>left me trying to join dragon saga when the servers were down
>didn't tell me for a long ass time

two weeks in a row fucking christ
i'm picking the next one god damn
mother fuckers
gonna go play fucking csgo and just rail bots with an infinite m249 fucking CHRIST
SO MAD

>the webzen account i just fucking made doesn't exist six minutes after i made it
Spoiler:
reason i'm mad af is that i have to stay up to 2am to even attend this shit it is the fucking worst
when people change plans and i don't know about it (which has happened with literally everything i've arranged with any of my friends, internet or irl, for the past three weeks) i'm going to be fucking yelling
end
it
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146299

Anon3's stream died rip in piss
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146301

The suffering has ended, and Amazing World is announced for next weeks game
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146302

We need an actual garbage mmo about being a sanitation worker
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146305

EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146310

Haha, Eternal Lands! I used to play that way back when I first started college, didn't know good from bad, and was actually able to genuinely enjoy things!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146312

I voted Loong because of the potential for horribly mutilated English language.

Who farms gold on a Chinese MMO? Brazil? Russia?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146770

whatever is the winner on saturday
that is the choice
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146789

Can we append the poll to include this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354290/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146791

>reviews
>The only game I've played where you pay $5 for a virtual fedora.
appended
okay that one immediately got 85 votes
thanks spambots
re-made w/ captcha http://strawpoll.me/6539824
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146792

Can we put Amazing World in there too?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #146815

Eternal Lands or Xenimus. They both just look so fucking awful it's perfect.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146887

be glad i'm not forcing you all to play wurm online
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146897

Just look at everything going on in this image

Is that a leprechaun? Why is there a 10 point buck just chilling in town. Is the focal character gigantic or is everything else just really tiny?

Is that an orangutan behind our starlet, or some kind of giant rat?

Why is she brandishing a sword in town like that? The wary look the leprechaun is giving her over his shoulder implies murders are about to occur.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146911

What game is that
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #146914

I am confused and terrified.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #146915

OH. Can you guys check out CaRPG? It's a fucking trainwreck. [youtube]WVTTAM8kvrM[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146935

Zilenan91 wrote:What game is that
Eternal Lands going on the 'EL' in the top right
also i'm sure others will consider CaRPG on another week
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #146996

Loong wins
>2GB exe file from the site
>4 hours left
this is why i was mad before when you changed the game at extremely last notice
shit takes super time

I LOGGED IN AND I JUST STARTED IN A FUCKING ROCK POOL
AND THERE'S JUST A FUCKING POWERPOINT OF INFO ON HOW TO PLAY THIS FUCKING GAME
THERE IS AN NPC NAMED "Press F9 to hide other players"
THERE ARE NO OTHER PLAYERS AROUND I'VE SEEN LIKE ONE ACTUAL NAME APPEAR AT THE TOP
this game has mad potential boys
i don't know if the music is royalty free or copyrighted so that's a thing
also there are two ways of changing how the game runs resolution wise
basic "windowed, fullscreen, fullscreen windowed" options on launch, but there's more defined options (ie 1280x720) in the actual ingame options. log in, make a character, press ESC and hit game settings. next to Screen* (* = needs a game restart) there should be an empty box and then a small down arrow - click that and choose your preferred resolution. you CAN play this in fullscreen w/ the taskbar but it looks really fucking weird.
tested with OBS on max settings - no frame drops. 33/34fps all the way through. tutorial is a little finnicky.

another player sighted:
Spoiler:
after this i got a cat as a pet (a catgirl was walking around. it had the same naming thing as the other pets that seemed to be for show. yes, i think you can have a catgirl as a pet that will fight with you. i do not have confirmation on this.) and fucked some wolves. also i teleported to a mountain fortress or whatever and i immediately jumped off the edge.

let's do it.