The Last Federation

Talk about video games here
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

The Last Federation

Post by Perakp » #1387

I got this game since it looked interesting, and it was, but also made me feel disappoint enough to come make a rant topic here.

The game simulates a solar system where you as an independent protagonist try to unite all races under the same federation. By Arcen Games, the company that made AI wars, I'd say it's fairly solid. The game appears to be very complex with quite a few mechanics you may or may not need to consider in your strategy, but there's also loads of problems, as you can browse here: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view ... g_page.php

Now if someone had shown me that buglist before I bought the game, I may have reconsidered. So there you go. Gotta have respect for the company for how they handle feedback though, apparently they fix their games a lot after launch.

My biggest gripes were how the simulation tanks at late game, how some mechanics are totally unexplained in the game, and how there seemed to be easy to repeat optimal strategies for approaching some of the races (dueling Burluski warlords easymode). And there didn't seem to be much replay value or variety in the battles after you "figured them out" in your first game.

If someone got the game and liked it more than I did, please tell me how to better enjoy this game, because I'd like it to be awesome.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: The Last Federation

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #3085

Play on ironman permadeath hardest difficulty. Duh.