Evil Within

Talk about video games here
JDemms

Evil Within

Post by JDemms » #36393

Got it, been playing it, has a very Resident Evil vibe (which makes sense, since it's Mikami's baby), but with serious Silent Hill visuals/concepts. I dunno, Im enjoying it enough to get yanked away from Isolation for the short term.

Anyone else playing it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Evil Within

Post by Timbrewolf » #36483

I've wanted to try it. It looks a lot like the systems of Resident Evil 4 with the feeling and pacing of Silent Hill. It's got action-y mechanics but you have limited supplies and the enemies hit hard enough that you don't want to just run around fighting everything.

It's not at all like what I was expecting based on the trailers but I'll give it a chance. Seems to be a lot of people complaining about framerate issues.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #36496

Clunky controls, plot that's a rip off of a movie, bad stealth play, bad gun play. It's RE4.1, and RE4 is old and outdated.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
JDemms

Post by JDemms » #36923

Finally got control of the TV long enough to play some more...
And yea. The stealth is awkward, and it seems confused about whether it wants to be sneaky sneaky or red dead redemption shooter and its terrible at both. Dammit.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #37845

'Flawless Widescreen' makes it a lot more tolerable on PC. When I first fired it up, I thought it was a bug that the game was permanently letterboxed.

It does feel a little clunky, and moving across empty rooms does take 10 to 20 seconds for seemingly no reason. I have a soft spot for horror games, though.