Sawrge the Video Game

Talk about video games here
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Sawrge the Video Game

Post by miggles » #64312

Bottom post of the previous page:

An0n3 wrote:Will you get to commit suicide and go to hell for the final level like Columbine RPG?
actually the devs intend for this to be the end goal after completing the game by doing it in real life
its genius really
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #64408

Stop drinking the poisoned kool-aide.

Also its been said to death that the game is soggy knees because you CAN kill womyn in it
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #64410

Its so damn edgy, but at the same time it does not look half bad from the gameplay trailers I've seen.

Time will tell if this game is surprisingly good, or just some mediocre toss.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #64422

This game on some small level, reminds me of Smash TV and TOTAL CARNAGE! So I'll probably pick this up on sale in the future.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #75849

you guys sure do seem to be angry at hatred
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #84649

New trailer.

The fire looks really fucking good.

[youtube]odVLkr6g-hI[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #84657

From my understanding the game takes place in this local area

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #84857

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #84951

I'm laughing so hard at this.

These guys are fucking Edge Sommeliers, finding new pairings of music, trenchcoats, and edgy bullshit ramblings to provide the edgiest experience for your palate.

The game itself keeps looking better and better. Now there are vehicles and shit in it confirmed. Cool.
Devs have even come out and said they'll be releasing the SDK and instructions on how to use it for modders soon after release. It'll be a race to see who creates the first SJW killing mods or Furry killing mods or whatever.

It's already so ridiculous but it's only going to fold inward on itself and become exponentially edgier and fucked up.

GOTY 2015.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #84954

noice
Columbine mod habbening
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84955

I'm sure all sorts of spree shootings will be faithfully recreated in playable form eventually.

Looking forward to the "Can't Corner the Dorner" mission pack.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #84957

An0n3 wrote:I'm sure all sorts of spree shootings will be faithfully recreated in playable form eventually.

Looking forward to the "Can't Corner the Dorner" mission pack.
Cant flim flam the zim zam
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84960

Operation Syrup Eater

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #91507

reviews are out saying that the controls are great but the game is as boring AF

wow, who would have thought.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #91511

The writing and voice acting are still pretty cringey. If they'd had someone actually intelligent writing and directing it, they could've added some justification for the violence, such as satire, or social commentary, instead of it being a straightforward spree killing fantasy.

Gameplay looks fun though. More games need destructible environments.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #91572

Amnestik wrote:The writing and voice acting are still pretty cringey. If they'd had someone actually intelligent writing and directing it, they could've added some justification for the violence, such as satire, or social commentary, instead of it being a straightforward spree killing fantasy.
Why does it need any of those things? What is wrong with a game about being an evil asshole shooting a bunch of people being about being an evil asshole and shooting bunch of people? Why does that need to be painted over with social commentary and/or satire?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #91582

I'm looking forward to when the developers make a second Hatred game ala Postal that is far more comedic and takes itself far less seriously.

Otherwise from what I've seen, the game looks fine. The AI does not seem very good (lets run at that guy without taking cover or anything) but the destructibility seems very interesting.

Also I find it amusing that there's little actual violence in the game, at least in comparison to other games I've seen. The absolute worst deaths I saw involved getting stabbed in the chest (at least the head is usually instantly fatal). If anything I think the developers intentional tried to generate controversy to make their game more noticeable and to better set themselves up financially for another, more in depth, game considering this is their first game as a studio.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #91589

Steelpoint wrote:I'm looking forward to when the developers make a second Hatred game ala Postal that is far more comedic and takes itself far less seriously.

Otherwise from what I've seen, the game looks fine. The AI does not seem very good (lets run at that guy without taking cover or anything) but the destructibility seems very interesting.

Also I find it amusing that there's little actual violence in the game, at least in comparison to other games I've seen. The absolute worst deaths I saw involved getting stabbed in the chest (at least the head is usually instantly fatal). If anything I think the developers intentional tried to generate controversy to make their game more noticeable and to better set themselves up financially for another, more in depth, game considering this is their first game as a studio.
Its very clear that the developers are social media aware. Several minor youtubers and the like got press copies to do showoffs and run downs on the game already. The developer has even shown up in the comments sections of those videos offering quips or suggestions on improving the video quality/fps and so on. They're very hands on and actively interested in their product. Which is good news for them as a company. I really do like to see a developer, even a small one, take such an active interest in the success of their game. Even if that does mean they get to drum up some controversy or whatever. The AO rating on the game is a capstone of hilarity considering there's seriously no more violence or graphic violence than a typical playthrough of New Vegas.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91599

Doesn't this come out Monday?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #91618

An0n3 wrote:Doesn't this come out Monday?
Yep. There are already some highlight reels and the like from press copies on Youtube though.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92064

You guys remember when sawrge was an actual admin and not just a shitposter memeguy/cautionary tale?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #92157

I finally understand the title of this thread
Its edgy
Just like sawrge
Game Admin
Spoiler:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #92161

[youtube]I9m7EKBof6g[/youtube]

glad the writers from xavier: renegade angel are still finding work
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #92169

Yeah, I heard someone describe the ending as being "like a Tim & Eric sketch".
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #92172

4:35 PM - Table Turning: I just
4:35 PM - Table Turning: Killed an entire house, so the police showed up
4:35 PM - Table Turning: They took cover behind their vehicle
4:35 PM - Table Turning: And proceeded to shoot their vehicle
4:35 PM - Table Turning: Until it exploded
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92220

Need to re-title this thread

Tsaricide Rolls Antag: The Game

1) Biggest complaint is having everything be black and white makes the game look like horse shit and very difficult to see where the actual enemies are. You have to play the game staring at the radar.
2) It's not a twin-stick shooter. Playing this game with a controller sucks fat dick. Use a mouse and keyboard or don't play it at all.
3) It's incredibly boring after the first three levels or so. Once you're fighting the army guys you've seen everything the game has to offer.
4) Having to execute people for health means you'll see the same handful of animations (and their accompanying HILARIOUSLY EDGY/DUMB quips) a million fucking times.

It's total meh-tier propelled by the SUPER EDGY AS FUCK dialog...but even then there's not enough of it. IT'S NOT EDGY ENOUGH.
Like the stuff that he has is really generic nihilistic edgelord stuff like "You're weaklings!" and "You don't deserve to live!" crap. I was hoping for some really crazy fucking deviantart poetry-tier edge and one-liners that would make good names for hardcore bands but no. We just get a bunch of really bland "ugh fuck you" stuff.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #92275

We found edgier quotes in that one custom swat 4 cult map written on walls.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92285

Right before paprka killed you with a ballistic flash grenade from his launcher
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92290

Fuck I just realized

We're naturally edgier than a spree killer simulator

What the hell

I'm complaining that this game isn't edgy enough because I hang out with you guys
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #92292

An0n3 wrote:edgier than a spree killer simulator
We've all been playing a killing spree simulator for years.

Ours is even edgier because you're pissing off real people while you're committing virtual murder.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92293

CRAAAAAAAAAAWLiNG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

(I actually really like Hybrid Theory unironically. Grew up on that shit)
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92294

Kor wrote:
An0n3 wrote:edgier than a spree killer simulator
We've all been playing a killing spree simulator for years.

Ours is even edgier because you're pissing off real people while you're committing virtual murder.

That's what this game needs. A mod that introduces a virtual forum after each level where you can taunt the victims.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #92300

Wyzack wrote:Right before paprka killed you with a ballistic flash grenade from his launcher
No you got that wrong, I shot paprika in the face with the stinger ball grenade from my launcher, he didn't call out when I came around the corner so he got it in the face.

I enjoyed it.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92302

Shit, got it backwards. My bad. Either way it was hilarious fun
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #92403

An0n3 wrote:Fuck I just realized

We're naturally edgier than a spree killer simulator

What the hell

I'm complaining that this game isn't edgy enough because I hang out with you guys
[youtube]aELkjCdTwxA[/youtube]
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #92457

Nice thing is that today Steam actually gave consumers their right to a refund back, so I can get my money back for this lukewarm turd
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92495

I found out that Hatred costs $19.99 in the US store so I want to share this gem with you from the EU store:

I did not photoshop this, they really made that the EU price
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #92590

Well at least they figured out that dollars and euros aren't the same. Only took them what? 3 years?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92597

this is pretty much the only example in the Steam store of a game that costs less in euroes than in dollars, maybe there are rules in the US about not using the number of the beast for your price tag

it doesn't even properly reflect the current exchange rate, euro and dollar are almost 1:1 right now because of that whole situation with Greece
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #92685

Ricotez wrote:this is pretty much the only example in the Steam store of a game that costs less in euroes than in dollars, maybe there are rules in the US about not using the number of the beast for your price tag

it doesn't even properly reflect the current exchange rate, euro and dollar are almost 1:1 right now because of that whole situation with Greece
USA USA USA
S
A

In other news, you wacky Euros need to learn how to use periods instead of commas. Like real humans beans.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92708

cedarbridge wrote:
Ricotez wrote:this is pretty much the only example in the Steam store of a game that costs less in euroes than in dollars, maybe there are rules in the US about not using the number of the beast for your price tag

USA USA USA
S
A

In other news, you wacky Euros need to learn how to use periods instead of commas. Like real humans beans.
that's funny, I think exactly the same thing of you Mericans
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #92709

>the plant code is 666
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92710

im surprised they didnt just make this song the entire soundtrack

[youtube]7mHe6FMs46o[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92711

Are you implying iron maiden is edgy? This offends me deeply
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92714

I mean the title/subject of the song you dork

in terms of edginess the entire soundtrack shouldve been linkin park
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #92716

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #92773

Standing on the edge of the edge like the prophets once edged.

Anon 3: "I'm already a lifewebber"
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #93312

Ricotez wrote:I mean the title/subject of the song you dork

in terms of edginess the entire soundtrack shouldve been linkin park
I'm actually really glad they went for that really understated soundtrack. Lets you pay more attention to the gunfire and explosions and shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93526

I wish this werent so

[youtube]wsC2Hevgnw0[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #93555

Steam takes a really long time to refund games...
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #93564

It takes the 14 days you have to refund a game, obviously.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: