Payday 2

Talk about video games here
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Payday 2

Post by Ricotez » #131024

Bottom post of the previous page:

Steelpoint wrote:The actual skins don't bother me, its the fact they nerfed all the weapons and then introduced payed weapons with stat boosts.
exactly my feelings on the matter, I know it's a cooperative game without any PvP elements, but come the fuck on Overkill
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131029

You could say, as bad as microtransactions were, nerfing all other weapons was a little overkill.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #131031

Which is such a shame as by all other accounts Payday 2 is a good game, and I was very enticed by the release of several Payday 1 heists for Payday 2.

But as I said, I can't bring myself to play the game as it stands due to the above mentioned issues.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #131039

The weapon rebalancing fixes a major problem with the game: that buying up DLC's was a must to be able to do anything on Deathwish heists.

People bitch and moan but it's actually a step backwards from Overkill's policy of flooding you with DLC's and then balancing the game around the OP weapons they introduce.
The weapon rebalancing makes a lot more weapons viable that were previously useless garbage. You could look at it as a nerf of the 3-4 top-tier guns but at the same time it's a buff for every other gun in the game. You can now freely goof around and pick weapons based on look and feel more than just sticking with the few guns that had the stats you needed.

This is a good thing.

I've played more Payday2 than anyone else I know and everyone is bitching to me about how all these changes ruin the game, meanwhile I'm loving it.
I can use the AK5 and the LMG's and the Flamethrower and other fun guns without being totally useless.

Regarding skins:

It's a co-op game. If you don't like them, don't buy them. If the thought of someone having +4 more stability than you on your custom guns drives you so crazy you don't want to play the game anymore you probably should've quit playing a long time ago, as the core element of fun seems to be lost on you. I bought one drill just to see what would happen and prettymuch instantly regretted it. They're not worth it, and I think anyone who buys them is pissing money down a hole in the ground. I'm not going to blame the developers for enabling stupid people to part ways with their stupid dollars, though.

In conclusion: people are dumb and probably didn't play the game much in the first place. Someone was complaining to me about how OP the akimbo pistols are now that they doubled the damage for them across the board. I didn't know how to explain to them that they always did that much damage; the previous stats reflected one bullet and (if you've ever used them you would know) they fire two bullets at once every time you pull the trigger. So now the new statblock shows the actual damage you do every time you click m1. It has always been this way.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #131215

Ricotez wrote: EDIT: ahaha oh my god, he actually ended with a rant about how "we" can force Overkill to change because GamerGate has done it before, holy shit. can this video please be remade by someone who actually knows what they're doing?
Please
PLEASE find someone doing this

Aside from that Overkill is pretty much EA tier and shit by now though. STILL haven't delivered on their release promises, fixing release bugs, and actively trying to fuck up the game
To me the problem isn't the changes, in fact the balance update was pretty decent(My Locomotive was honestly OP, and they nerfed that without nerfing it too hard. It's still viable), skins are absolutely shit tier but I just won't use the things

But my problem with it was that they had great potential, and a great beta, promised loads of content...And then didn't deliver. And instead of actually releasing updates including promised content, they went and started jewing the shit out of everything with DLC upon DLC upon DLC. At this point I'm actually sure they have Spacebase-DF9 tier levels of broken promises. The only difference being that their still-in-beta game is actually amusing to play if you have friends. Want the DLC you need to actually push your available heists up to the amount we promised? Better pay us again!
"Oh, yeah, we said we'd have safehouse customisation and 21 heists at release. We didn't lie, we just didn't tell the truth :^^^) "
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #131217

It does bother me how Overkill went back on their word of not adding microtransactions. As if that was not enough they included stat boosts in them as well. I'll be avoiding the game as a result, it was fun while it lasted.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #131222

yeah oyveyshill shekelware is a bunch of dinguses with swedes u get GREEDS
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #131229

I quit playing this shit back when they temp banned me from the steam group for calling that twitch wheelchair stream a scam.

Lo and behold, it was.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #181939

ok we need to have a serious fucking discussion about the existence of aliens in the payday 2 universe. the red room in the diamond heist is full of fucking evidence of ancient aliens. Malformed skulls, giant bodies, the photographs on the walls of a GLOWING PYRAMID RISING FROM THE OCEAN, ANCIENT ROCKETSHIPS, HUGE BODIES FROZEN IN ICE. The diamond heist is given by....the dentist. The dentist is also involved in the golden grin heist, in which you steal some sort of...ILLUMINATI CHEST. The illuminati knows about fucking aliens. In Beneath The Mountain, there's a painting depicting Moses and a flying saucer with an iron cross on it, as well as a "prototype device" that locke tells you will "blow your mind" and "don't push any buttons." What could it be? My bets are TIME TRAVEL or FUCKING FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL, baby, oh yeah.

also vlad is clearly a reticulan

XSI

Post by XSI » #181965

If true, it is a true shame that Overkill STILL HAS NO SAFEHOUSES

I mean, really. Promised release feature. Gib safehouse
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #181980

I haven't touched PD2 since that massive skin crate debacle a while back. Anything different now?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #181982

The skins no longer give stat boosts to weapons.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #181993

Sydney has the shrillest voice you've ever heard

OI SIT ON MY DICK CLOAKA
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182027

they're rolling out a skill tree rebalance soon
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #182066

[youtube]6skYgBkMfV4[/youtube]

seems like Starbreeze finally acquired all the rights to their own game, so starting next update, all old safes stop dropping and all new safes can be opened without microtransactions

which means it was likely the fault of executive meddling that the microtransaction bullshit was added in the first place
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182077

Ricotez wrote:[youtube]6skYgBkMfV4[/youtube]

seems like Starbreeze finally acquired all the rights to their own game, so starting next update, all old safes stop dropping and all new safes can be opened without microtransactions

which means it was likely the fault of executive meddling that the microtransaction bullshit was added in the first place
>dragans in the video

YEAH I LIKE DRAGAN
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #182087

>playing payday
>not being the CAT BURGLAR
XSI

Post by XSI » #182138

Makes sense, really. But I still won't forgive them until SAFEHOUSE CUSTOMISATION. And even then they're going to need to do it really well.

Payday 2's development and updates have completely ruined Overkill's reputation by now, lets see if they try to fix it
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182232

I'm really confused about the Starbreeze/Overkill relationship and who actually owns what.

Almir is a Producer at Overkill.
He says "Today, we at Starbreeze acquired all the rights to the Payday franchise."
So I would assume then that Overkill is the publisher and Starbreeze was the developer, who now have full rights to the game.

But if you go on the Overkill website and press materials, they're listed as a studio under Starbreeze. And they're saying they're proud to acquire the rights to the franchise blah blah blah...

Sooooooooo...what? Was it a three-tiered relationship before where some other entity owned the rights to the franchise...Starbreeze published it, and Overkill developed it? Is this just a bunch of translation issues?

Update: Okay it seems 505 Games were the folks who had the rights to the franchise all along, so if you want someone to blame for anything you considered suspect behavior you might want to point the finger at them?

Also Payday 3 confirmed.

Double Update: Holy shit 505 Games developed Cooking Mama. This whole time we've been doing heists for Mama.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182368

CROSSOVER HEISTER CONFIRMED.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #182378

They still did not apologize for causing the microtransaction mess in the first place, but I'll take it. Actions speak louder more than words do I suppose.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182380

Erbbu wrote:They still did not apologize for causing the microtransaction mess in the first place, but I'll take it. Actions speak louder more than words do I suppose.
That would be career/business suicide. To immediately turn around the instant after you've gained some security from the previous franchise holder (whom you still have plenty of outstanding business contracts with) and then throw them under the bus blaming them for an unpopular decision...?

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Read between the lines. The instant they get to make a bit of a break from 505 and get to decide on how things go forward from here they immediately announce the death of microtransactions. That's as much of an apology and a finger point as you're ever going to get.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #182381

More likely they want to build up good will for the upcoming Payday 3 game, so they realized they can squeeze as much money out of PD2 before they start up the DLC train again with Payday 3.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182386

505 gets a cut of the revenue from Payday 3 in their current arrangement, so even then that's kind of tenuous.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #182388

Not a chance in hell I'll ever buy Payday 3 until it's been out for at least 6 months

Got to give them a chance to spam DLC again and tell us 'Yeah, just go play something else instead'

Also, http://www.overkillsoftware.com/payday- ... sentation/
Skill tree redone
Everyone gets to intimidate cops by default now.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/d ... 6673358998
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #182396

Payday 3? Fucking nope. Don't get me wrong, I loved Payday 1 and Payday 2 had it's moments but the game was far more ambition than its studio could hope to produce. Throw in the constant DLC and finally microtransactions and they poisoned that well too much, they'd need to give away all their DLC for free at this point for me to consider coming back in.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183222

Holy fucking shit this skill rebalance is the second coming of christ

It's so good
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #183234

they better keep in the cat burglar skill
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #183238

I was a bit worried about the rebalancing. How'd it change? Also, we should CRIME TIME tonight.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #183240

i don't know if i can crime time anymore, i'm suffering from Chronic Sad Body Disease from not getting enough Restful Hours and it's impacting my ability to Give a Fuck
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183242

EndgamerAzari wrote:I was a bit worried about the rebalancing. How'd it change? Also, we should CRIME TIME tonight.
It's organized in a completely different way. Doesn't cost cash anymore, which is good too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #183254

Armhulen wrote:they better keep in the cat burglar skill
Looks like it's the Aced version of the Evasion skill now.

http://beta.pd2skills.com/
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183467

Super fucking happy that LMG's have finally gotten some recognition in skills, and you can actually make a build that directly benefits them.

That 20% stagger chance on hit combined with the ability to make all your weapons penetrate body armor, and do ~63% headshot damage on bodyshots = lead hose in full effect.
The increased magazine cap, increased reload speed, and bigger ammo pickups all guarantee that LMG is never going hungry, either.

>tfw you see a shield and just hose it down, hail of gunfire causing his shield to get deflected and he gets exposed to the RAIN OF DEATH
>no longer necessary to stop shooting at anything for any reason, ever
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183493

Double post but

SHOTGUN SANIC IS BACK BAYBEE

I combined a fuckton of damage boosts to make every shotgun basically a handheld nuclear device.
The actual damage is much, much higher than what the statblock shows. I did this via:

1) Enforcer shotgun tree. Boosts the base damage of all shotguns but also gives a 75% buff immediately after killing someone. Kill one guy, and the killing spree begins.
2) Ghost silent killer tree. For something labeled silent killer, it sure has a lot of general damage buffs. Get your crits here. As long as I'm not getting shot (more on that in a sec) I have a 65% crit rate.
3) Technician's oppressor tree. Simply for the armor penetration. That giant shitstorm of pellets you keep firing out ignore's body armor.
4) Fugitive's brawler tree. Who's a berserker packin' man and a half? You are, for that 100% damage boost when below 50% health.

But that's not enough by itself. We GOTTA KILL FAST:

1) Enforcer shotgun tree. Also has a perk that lets you shoot your shotgun from the hip while sprinting
2. Ghost artful dodger. Dodge build activated. Get Parkour for extra fun, so you can sprint in any direction. All the shit that speeds you up is here too, and you want it.

Get that crook deck, get your conceal low enough to trigger your cool stuff and a lightweight ballistic vest.
Get molotov coctails. At the start of each heist, throw one down on the ground and stand in it for a second until your health burns down low enough to trigger berserker. You're going to be dodging most attacks anyway, who needs HP?

Begin sprinting around like a madman shooting guys for so much damage they fly out of the level.

By the numbers I've been using the M1014 and I believe the damage calculation ends up like
Base: 82.5 (mods + shotgun tree static buff)
With Overkill combo going: 144.4 (base + 75%)
With Berserker activated: 165 (base + 100%)
With Berserker and Overkill activated: 226.8 (base + 100% + 75%)
...on crit or headshot: 340 to 1,134 (depends on enemy and difficulty)
...on crit AND headshot: 510 to 1,704 (depending)

...and that's all PER BUCKSHOT, so it's possible to hit multiple enemies with that damage in a cone of fire...all while ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND GOT PLACES TO GO GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #183495

Instead of the armour penetration, you should try for the frenzy skill. My current setup is frenzy with rogue. I mean with dodge builds if you get hit you're basically fucked anyway, so the health penalty with Frenzy really doesn't matter, but the permanent extra damage with berserker makes it more than worth it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183498

I just ripped a SWAT van turret to shreds in like 3-4 shells.

Holy shit this is broken.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #183501

From what I've seen, turrets are also not only useful now, but absolutely overpowered. AP turrets remove the only real downside they had before the change
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183504

You can pick them up, reload/repair them, and then put them back down wherever you want.
You can also make them AP/Silenced, and you can have four of them.

It's a pretty good time to be a fan of those turrets.

I'm curious what I might be able to do to give this build more durability. It's a complete glass cannon. It can rip through hordes of guys on Death Wish but if like three or more enemies win the coin flip to hit me or not in a row I'm getting shrekt.

My only real options are to either try to go higher on dodge and swap to the rogue deck, or try to tank more with armor and go to the anarchist deck.

It may be worth swapping out the dodge/crit portion of the build (but keeping the mobility as best I can) and instead armoring up, getting the AA12, and going anarchist build.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #183509

I thought the other players were a good form of durabilty. I mean, half the time their only real use is ablative meat anyway.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #183512

I'm having a lot of fun with my akimbo gofast dodge build, but I don't think I actually contribute much to a team that way. I should probably remake my shaped charge/turret build.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183517

Are you using armored vests?

Like I said, armored vests are probably the highest EHP in the game simply because the dodge is a multiplier. 3x3 is higher than 2x4. Losing 5% dodge is worth the extra armor you get because your armor multiplies into your dodge along with your health.
Last edited by dezzmont on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183518

Okay I solved it.

Sociopath was what I needed to keep regenerating armor as I went on my brutal murder spree.
With the headshot perk from the Enforcer section layered up also giving me more armor.

Dropped the crits and dodge, got ICTV and Sociopath working for me instead. Just rocked Hoxout on Death Wish Pro with some dudes. I would start by popping a tan or green, then as long as I kept the chain going everything that wasn't a 'dozer died in one shot. Works good.

The killing spree would also net me something like 50 armor on a headshot kill or whatever, allowing me to just soak up a shitton of punishment as long as I kept killing. Also being close to people would trigger more damage buffs and armor buffs I forgot I even had.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #183519

dezzmont wrote:Are you using armored vests?

Like I said, armored vests are probably the highest EHP in the game simply because the dodge is a multiplier. 3x3 is higher than 2x4. Losing 5% dodge is worth the extra armor you get because your armor multiplies into your dodge along with your health.
Oh yeah, I'm using the light one, and I've got a few perks in addition to my dodging that makes what armor I do get more viable. It's just that I don't feel like I'm contributing much beyond zipping around, shitting out first aid kits and filling the air with lead.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183521

That is what most people do.

You really start feeling good about that build when people start going down and you never die. Your main job is to make it impossible to fail the mission, like that time where I soloed that last half of Beneath the Mountain with you all. Sure, most of the mission I just zipped about dropping first aid kits and shooting people, while everyone else did the objectives, but when things went south often times the armored vest dodge build is the only person able to survive the heat to get things back on track.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183523

Life for dodgers got a little more difficult. There's no more bonus for crouching.

With the armored vest and crook your highest passive dodge is 40, that goes up to 50 when you sprint. 55 if you're on a zipline.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183524

That is actually higher than before if I recall. I capped out at 45. The damage resistance bonus from interacting is gone too right? That was really good when combined with the crouch boost. Now high armor has a niche in regards to static objectives.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183525

IIRC you could get 40% passive, that shot up to %55 while crouching or 65% while sprinting for the LWBV

Two-piece could get 50% passive, 65% crouch and 75% sprint.

Fuck this mask is so edgy but I kinda want to make it anyway
20160603121425_1.jpg
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #183729

Goddamn, some of the builds can get stupid now, but at least it's stupid in that fun "slaughtering everything without worry" way. Currently using a crook frenzerker type thing mostly with a suppressed loco and melee. And it's not like the old fugitive builds where it has fuck all to offer the team either. Got me some FAKs and inspire to get people up while I'm shooting nails into tasers' heads.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183778

I don't know how I never noticed Frenzy but holy shit.

Things have gotten insane. I'm going to work on some synergy with the Maniac deck; basically because I'm doing insane amounts of damage output it becomes damage absorption for the whole crew and we're all fucking invincible as long as I keep killing things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64

Post by K-64 » #183780

I'm wondering how viable a frenzy/anarchist setup would work. I mean, I'd only have about 15% of the total health but considering frenzy makes it 30% anyways, the extra armour should make it more than worth it.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #183787

I've played this game a few times, I didn't even know about the free DLC stuff. I thought this game was terrible and only had like 8 levels. lol
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.