The 40K 4X no-one asked for

Talk about video games here
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: The 40K 4X no-one asked for

Post by Lumbermancer » #414583

Gosh remember Final Liberation? That was a good game.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414655

Slitherine have made good strategy games before.

They've also made quite a bit of shite too though.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #414804

So what BS reason did they come up with the Guard and Mahreens to fight each other this time?
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414857

Malkevin wrote:So what BS reason did they come up with the Guard and Mahreens to fight each other this time?

Considering how often they fight each other every single day in the tabletop game the video game is based on I have to ask you.

Doe sit really matter?

Nobody ever goes up to a tabletop game of Guard vs Space marines and goes "WHY R U FIGHTIN I DEMAND 2 NO"
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
GarlicBread
Byond Username: GarlicBread

Post by GarlicBread » #416156

Because the muhreens think they're filthy heretics duh

Also, will this be a game with the name "warhammer 40k" that actually isn't hot garbage
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #417013

I still maintain that the Total War series would work well with 40k. The universe is loaded with grand battles. Its not all small squad skirmishes with Space Marines. Having Imperator Titans on the field would be fucking epic. Galactic campaign map, slow space fights, massive RTS ground invasions.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #417031

CosmicScientist wrote:Total War sucks dick and has DLC practices similar to Games Workshop pricing. The last good one was Medieval 2 since I think after that they messed with the engine which ruined a million and one things not limited to: parting ranks to allow units to get through, fighting on walls working (let's ignore what happened when morale broke on walls in the old games, the one-by-one lemming mentality was a feature), formations not turning into useless blobs, wedge formations not immediately stopping to a halt as soon as the first cavalry unit comes into contact with the enemy, no-one waited patiently to allow duels to happen when units were massively outnumbered, chariots died instead of disrupting an entire army's formation, keeping rank and file during pathing wasn't a joke, YES I MADE A LIST.
I dont disagree. I enjoyed TW series much more when i stopped taking them seriously. Once Paradox started gaining popularity, i think TW gave up on fixing problems with their games and just went for fanservice. Rome era, Samurai, Warhammer, and now Romance of the Three Kingdoms. None of them are as fun as Medieval 2, but i do enjoy the different settings. Still think its the best style for a 40k game. I want to see Titans murdering things in real time rather than some crappy turn-based game trying(and failing) to imitate the tabletop.

Constant DLC is fucking terrible. The Paradox model is something ive never enjoyed. Kills my desire to play any more of TW:Warhammer until a complete edition comes out.
GarlicBread

Post by GarlicBread » #417124

I don't know whether the TW battlescape would work well with large amounts of automatic weaponry

I mean it works well with smashing melee units together with ranged units like archers and muskets but I just don't see how it would work with majority ranged

As well as squad control and taking cover etc.

But maybe I'm just an unimaginative brainlet
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #417148

40k sucks fantasy is better
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
GarlicBread

Post by GarlicBread » #417150

This opinion is wrong

Please administer capital punishment
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #423347

I haven't played this game so I don't have real viable opinions

I did see a couple streams of it and it seems like a typical civ game with a 40x skin.

As far as "final liberation" type games go play 40 k Armageddon, its like panzer generals and liberation had a baby

Also you can by final liberation on gog.