LOL

Talk about video games here
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

LOL

Post by QuartzCrystal » #43725

Who plays? I know a lot of you guyses play dota2 but I prefer how easy it is to just get in and play a couple of rounds in LOL because I'm a casual skrub.

If anyone wants to play with me lemme know. QuartzCryztal is my name.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: LOL

Post by ColonicAcid » #43726

league is just so terrible when it comes to playing with people
>segregating eu and na
shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43730

only communists play mobas
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #43733

Violaceus wrote:Lissandra is best.
Syndra also.
And Mordekaiser.
Singed best troll champion.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #43752

I thought this was a loss thread
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #43780

:loss:
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #43874

ColonicAcid wrote:league is just so terrible when it comes to playing with people
>segregating eu and na
shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
meanwhile the best server to play from NA from the east coast in league is the latin american server

ive got an account, play it every once in a while with some friends, but i've never had a decent ping in league like i do in dota

and i really hate the way they design champions now, guys like yasuo already have a perfect kit thematically and the way it plays, why the fuck does he need a 200% crit rate built in?
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #43876

nsos wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:league is just so terrible when it comes to playing with people
>segregating eu and na
shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
meanwhile the best server to play from NA from the east coast in league is the latin american server

ive got an account, play it every once in a while with some friends, but i've never had a decent ping in league like i do in dota

and i really hate the way they design champions now, guys like yasuo already have a perfect kit thematically and the way it plays, why the fuck does he need a 200% crit rate built in?
It is because melee hyper carries traditionally play like garbage if they fall behind. When ahead the double crit rate mechanic actually hurts him, it is only really useful at certain phases of the game. They said Yasuo was a case study on how to make hyper carries who were useful when there wasn't a massive skill difference, and with Yasuo they built in some extra crit gain to make sure his damage was respectable even if behind.

The other problem Yasuo was meant to fix is the fact that the damage negation mechanics of current hyper carries were either "You can't do anything at all" like with FIora and Yi, or were only counterable by saving a stun for unrealistically late in the fight like with Tryn. That basically made it so the hyper carry either could wipe the team out with his damage without involving much counterplay, or they were worthless. That is why Yasuo's primary damage negator was the wind wall. It not only was something you could play around, but it allows Yasuo to be viable compared to a more traditional fighter even if he isn't fed enough to threaten the entire enemy team single handedly.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43887

Violaceus wrote:I wonder of what ELO/league people are here.

Mine is silver IV : )
twilight is pretty good
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #43965

dezzmont wrote:
nsos wrote:
>segregating eu and na
shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

It is because melee hyper carries traditionally play like garbage if they fall behind. When ahead the double crit rate mechanic actually hurts him, it is only really useful at certain phases of the game. They said Yasuo was a case study on how to make hyper carries who were useful when there wasn't a massive skill difference, and with Yasuo they built in some extra crit gain to make sure his damage was respectable even if behind.

The other problem Yasuo was meant to fix is the fact that the damage negation mechanics of current hyper carries were either "You can't do anything at all" like with FIora and Yi, or were only counterable by saving a stun for unrealistically late in the fight like with Tryn. That basically made it so the hyper carry either could wipe the team out with his damage without involving much counterplay, or they were worthless. That is why Yasuo's primary damage negator was the wind wall. It not only was something you could play around, but it allows Yasuo to be viable compared to a more traditional fighter even if he isn't fed enough to threaten the entire enemy team single handedly.
The thing is, making gold double the investment put in on a carry is absurd. He only needs to itemise for half his crit chance and the other bit he doesn't need to buy.
Look at other carries, they need both a infinity edge and a phantom dancer if they expect any chance to get crits. Yasuo? Lol just build statik shiv and a infinity edge and 100% crit chance or thereabouts. And there was a point where as soon as Yasuo got statik shiv your chances of winning if it was an enemy dropped dramatically just because of how retarded it meshes with his skillset and how gold effecient it is on strictly him.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #44004

It isn't straight doubled. He only gets the effect for crit rate, and he receives reduced damage from crits. It makes his crits more stable but less painful because his primary mechanic is to juke in and out. On a given exchange without the crit boost yas wouldn't see a crit until he got 3 crit items, and without crits AD burst damage just isn't a thing.

Yasuo with just a statik isn't actually that threatening. The effect isn't a brainblastingly hard hit with his passive reducing the damage. Crit is used to multiply damage, and isn't seen as the means to the end. Infinity edge is a staple buy for carries because it is a BF item, and crit just happens to help you carry more than BT does early game. Phantom dancer is currently considered garbage, almost no one builds, outside of niche picks, simply because crit alone is not a good effect. It is used to multiply large damage pools rather than do anything on its own, and relies on being stupid fed to be worthwhile. Damage, followed by attack speed, is more important.

You also need to understand that at high end play Yas is considered "Ok" and is seen as just barely adequate to see use, because even with all of his unique mechanics to counter the weakness of melee hyper carries he just isn't that good. Yasuo feels strong at lower elos because no one plays or builds tank. At higher level play people actually buy defensive items and it causes Yas to be one of the worst characters to pick if you are not 100% sure you will be ahead the entire game. Even in solo play his win rate is rather low.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #44007

He isn't good anymore because they nerfed him.
As always riot doesn't wait for the players to counter a certain build they just kinda laugh at the metagame and nerf all fotm champions.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #44015

As a marksman main i'm really happy with the balance of all marksmen right now.
I play Boris Pepper.
Staub
Byond Username: Misterstaub

Post by Staub » #44022

I play on EUW, name being Funny Valentine
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198008046930.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198008046930]Image[/url]
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #44024

I hadn't played Sion recently (last time was before he got changed) now he's actually fun to play.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #44049

Bluespace wrote:As a marksman main i'm really happy with the balance of all marksmen right now.
>marksman
pls stop
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #44494

ColonicAcid wrote:
Bluespace wrote:As a marksman main i'm really happy with the balance of all marksmen right now.
>marksman
pls stop
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #50308

Anyone plays in the NA server?
we can duo if you want :)
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.