HAWKEN aka Post-Apocalyptic Mechwarrior

Talk about video games here
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

HAWKEN aka Post-Apocalyptic Mechwarrior

Post by Vekter » #61441

That's the best way I can put it.

Basically you tool around in ruined cities, forests and tundra, shooting other mechs and feeling like a badass. Includes Deathmatch (team and solo), capture and control, and some weird victory points mode no one plays. Also there's co-op but it's meh.

It's not quite as deep as Mechwarrior and it's -slightly- pay2win, but it's more about your reflexes and strategy than just straight what mech and equipment you have.

It's Free and in open beta on Steam now. I'm Level 8 after a few days and already have enough "Hawken Points" to buy one of the cheapest mechs even after buying a few passive items.

You can get points and XP boosters for decently cheap and most of the stuff is fairly well priced. Plus you get 500 Meteor Points (cash) for free after a while.

My Callsign is TheVekter, add me bitches.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: HAWKEN aka Post-Apocalyptic Mechwarrior

Post by Saegrimr » #61444

Hawken's dead, bro.

Servers are almost completely deserted, game hasn't seen an update in about a year, I was in the last "tournament" that happened, and the majority of the teams quit out of boredom. Nobody can dredge up enough care to keep playing, not even the top level players.

http://steamcharts.com/app/271290#All

That said, i'd gladly party up with someone to pub stomp, but chances are we'd be waiting in queue for a long ass time.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #61445

The game was pretty enjoyable, though it could easily be one sided.

Sadly, as noted, the game is dead.

If you want a Mechwarrior experience, the best I can recommend is Mechwarrior Online.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #61449

I've been having no problem getting games the last few days. I don't much like MWO because it's a bit pay2win for me.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61506

Vekter wrote:I've been having no problem getting games the last few days. I don't much like MWO because it's a bit pay2win for me.
You should ask Sae to post you a screenshot of the active games available to him at a level you should reach after about 3 months of playing. (Enjoy your no servers)
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #61513

http://i.imgur.com/FTkXdCs.jpg

There are 4 servers I can potentially play on, the rest are locked because of my MMR, or full. I'm actually surprised at the full servers. Looking better than it was a few months ago.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #61670

I like anything that has mechs in it and thus I've tried Hawken. It was a bit on the arcade-y side and then Armored Core V came out so I didn't really look back. I don't like that the progression is very linear and it seems like there are a lot of "strictly better" upgrades in terms of your mecha.

I have an embarassingly large amount of money poured into MWO. I don't have any gold mechs or clan mechs, I took a major break before then, but up to that point I think I had poured something like over $400 into the fucking game.

Recently thanks to some anons on /v/ I managed to get this ol' gal working on Windows 7:

They're working on a new Heavy Gear game but it's some e-sports arena bullshit and it looks like garbage so far. Hopes destroyed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #61671

We should run in MWO again some time.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #61673

dead game
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #61693

An0n3 wrote: [img]
Oh jesus I thought I was the only one who played that game.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #61695

I remember playing in the beta X years ago and it didn't feel... mech-y enough for my taste. Like it was an average FPS but with mech paint. But that's probably me getting spoiled on Mechwarrior 4.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #61717

cedarbridge wrote:
Heavy Gear manages to take big chunky awesome mech warfare and meld it with squad-level combat.

It's really good and unique and unfortunately prettymuch unheard of and probably never coming back.

RIP Heavy Gear.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #62164

An0n3 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Heavy Gear manages to take big chunky awesome mech warfare and meld it with squad-level combat.

It's really good and unique and unfortunately prettymuch unheard of and probably never coming back.

RIP Heavy Gear.
Part of the luxury it has was instead of fuckhuge mechs you were trapseing around in functionally really bulky exosuits. That left a lot of space for stealth and the wheels, walk, kneel, prone, KD system that was pretty damn novel for its time.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #62726

Heavy Gear was awesome, felt more like Panzer Commander than Mechwarrior
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #62729

I have heavy gear II and its the bomb
Heavy Gear Assault is in development, hopefully that's cool.
http://www.heavygear.com/

HAWKEN is pretty fun, I like it a lot more than Mechwarrior. Sucks that it's DEAAAAAAAAAAD.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit