Re: cataclysm dark days ahead- You just cant win

Post by EndgamerAzari » #133377

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Try to go down to the basement of the shelter
"You feel intense heat coming from down there! Proceed?"
>Think "Oh shit, it must be on fire, better see how bad it is."
>Fall into a magma vein
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #133379

EndgamerAzari wrote:>Try to go down to the basement of the shelter
"You feel intense heat coming from down there! Proceed?"
>Think "Oh shit, it must be on fire, better see how bad it is."
>Fall into a magma vein
LOL.
man I'm fucking dying.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133429

That is too funny.

I get a certain sick satisfaction when muggers tell me to drop my knife, run up to rob me, and I pull out a mossburg loaded with flachettes and tear them to pieces.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #133432

Wyzack wrote:That is too funny.

I get a certain sick satisfaction when muggers tell me to drop my knife, run up to rob me, and I pull out a mossburg loaded with flachettes and tear them to pieces.
Or when you're driving down the road and they are near the middle of the road and are like "don't move fucking muscle" and you speed the fuck up and splat them
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #133466

Also, as long as you don't move from that square you can do whatever to them (unless they patched that), so I've had a guy stand there taking my stuff while I pulled out a knife and just stabbed him over and over again.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133467

I have never had the pleasure of having a dude in front of my speeding deathmobile try to mug me but it sounds fucking awesome. Also i think that has been patched. I remember a year ago i killed a dude who was trying to rob me and got the massive moral penalty for murdering an innocent NPC, which was shit.

I remade Sean Duncan, but this time my heli crashed in the middle of fucking nowhere, nothing around for a while but a few farms and the occasional bunker or lab. I made a buddy NPC and we are living nomad style until i can find a city nearby. Also lucked out on a nice LMOE shelter, got an AK47 and a nugget with some ammo for both. Also had one of those Smith and Wesson super 500 magnum pistols with ten rounds. That is my emergency hulk killer.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133469

Wielding my umbrella to keep dry in a storm, a man told me to drop my weapon and hold still. I did, and then swapped to my fusion blaster rifle and gibbed him before he could shoots me with his 9mm smg.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133475

In my opinion the hands down worst aspect of this game is having to constantly micromanage clothing to regulate temperature. It fucking rains all the fucking time in fucking shitty fucking new england, which means that you need to constantly have waterproof stuff on. This usually means having an extra layer of encumbrance over your regular clothes for rain gear. Then sometimes the temperature can change like 4 times in one day, which means you need to be constantly taking off and putting on gloves, hats, adjusting scarves, swapping jackets and all kinds of other shit.

While i am on the subject how fucking hard is it to keep your mouth warm? I live in Canada for christsake and I never use a scarf, mask or balaclava of any kind in the winter, and i am usually comfortable. I can not imagine that it gets so cold in new england that a bandanna and knit scarf are not enough to prevent you from getting frostbite on your mouth in early spring

/rant
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #133478

I love when you're toting a pistol big enough for anti-aircraft purposes and headshot a zombie so hard that you don't even have to smash/butcher the corpse to prevent it from revivifying.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #133480

I've had people try to mug me while driving.

One of them succeeded.

The stars aligned for this guy and he somehow moved into the torn off right hand side door without getting turned into a paste
And then we crashed into a building because I couldn't drive and fist fight this guy at the same time and we died
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133481

That is one badass mugger. Able to jump into a fast moving car and engage in a fistfight over a can of beans.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #133486

I still can't get over the time I asked a starting NPC for equipment and he gave me a lit stick of dynamite. An0n3 had a guy hand him live grenades once, too.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133503

Wyzack wrote:In my opinion the hands down worst aspect of this game is having to constantly micromanage clothing to regulate temperature. It fucking rains all the fucking time in fucking shitty fucking new england, which means that you need to constantly have waterproof stuff on. This usually means having an extra layer of encumbrance over your regular clothes for rain gear. Then sometimes the temperature can change like 4 times in one day, which means you need to be constantly taking off and putting on gloves, hats, adjusting scarves, swapping jackets and all kinds of other shit.

While i am on the subject how fucking hard is it to keep your mouth warm? I live in Canada for christsake and I never use a scarf, mask or balaclava of any kind in the winter, and i am usually comfortable. I can not imagine that it gets so cold in new england that a bandanna and knit scarf are not enough to prevent you from getting frostbite on your mouth in early spring

/rant
i use an umbrella to keep dry and don't get cold until the end of fall/middle of winter or when i spelunk an ice lab. have you tried wearing underpants and socks
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133508

Of course. I just have a hard time finding clothes that fit the middling temperatures. Therefore i am always too hot in the sun, so i take some shit off, and then it gets cloudy and i am too cold so now i need to fuck about again, and the weather flipflops multiple times per day some times
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133552

It's just like real life in New England
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #133703

try getting good
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133867

After finding a working SWAT van Sean and his two homies went on an epic road trip across new england to get to the refugee center. We broke down in a small town and had to scavenge for parts, had to drive through some shitty swamp land and fought a horde, but we finally made it. I also have enough supplies that i can take a dose of medical serum each night before bed. life is good.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #133872

So, what tileset you using again, and any other mods that I should slap on?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #133942

DemonFiren wrote:So, what tileset you using again, and any other mods that I should slap on?
I prefer Chestholes tiles, you can choose whichever one of the three there are (I dunno how different they are). Mods to include in the world are imo:

Item mods:
Icecoon's weapons pack - more weapons, sick
Medieval and Historic Content - giant swords and suits of armor
More Survival Tools - mod name
Mythological Replicas - mod name

Building mods:
Tall Buildings - make sure to turn experimental z-levels on in the world gen options on the next tab, at the bottom of the list.

Vehicle Mods:
Boats - adds boats
Folding parts pack - lets you fold solar panels and stuff from cars for easy carry
Vehicle Additions pack - more vehicle parts
tanks and other vehicles - mod name

Magic mods:
Arcana and magic items - adds magic

EDIT: and if you want sounds in your game you have to use tiles anyway. I don't know if sounds come with the game by default, but you should be able to find a link to sounds in my earlier post
EDIT:
TheWiznard wrote:Are you playing with the sound pack installed? I can't remember if it comes with the exp builds, and it really makes the game 100x more enjoyable for me

This is an auto download link like when you open it it starts downloading; it's about 61MB
[[ http://chezzo.com/cdda/catasounds.zip ]]

You just extract the stuff from catasounds's data folder and put them in your cdda data folder and overwrite anything it conflicts with. Here is a playlist of a guy I watch that I found the soundpack from, you can hear it in his videos just skip around a bit and you can hear the things it adds. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KzRvf-2-7y
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #134318

Trying to get gud and start playing with wandering hordes on but man is it fucking hard. One dipshit NPC fires a shotgun and you have a hundred fucking zeds barreling down your safe house. After a handful of miserable failures i have a pretty decent run as a SWAT officer. Was lucky enough to find a functional cubevan that has become my mobile base, and i have been on the run from hordes for a while now. Seems to have settled out though. There is a remote motel where i have been sleeping and reading, and i have been raiding a nearby town for gear. I have a massive pile of guns and ammo in the trunk but i dare not use it lest i call down the wrath of the hordes. Been relying on a katana i looted of an NPC who bit off more than he could chew against a Mi-go, and my silenced MP5 when that wont cut it. I really need more supressors.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135904

latest exp. build has a arcane magic start tree. I've been rolling as a summoner named..."The Wiznard". you can only start in those magical places
Spoiler:
secret grove, crash site (not military), strange temple, etc.
full of fucking wormholes and jabberwocks. good luck finding a spawn where you don't die two turns into the game. I recommend making your Wizard character and saving a template of him with ! because you're going to be fucking restarting a lot. It seems to not spawn horrible creatures into the game until about 4-5 turns in so as soon as you ploop in, look at your map and GTFO. I'm still trying to get out of spawn and actually read the book it gives you to actually learn magic (you don't start with any; on summoner at least. You get arcana 6, fabrication 5-6 and To Master the Unknown - which levels up arcana to 10 or 13 from 6 and has a bunch of recipes)
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135936

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

>FINALLY ESCAPE
>MANAGE TO SWIPE SOME MORE BOOKS FROM SPAWN EVEN
>2HOURSLATER
>READ LIKE 3 MAGIC BOOKS
>MOVE ACROSS THE STREE
>CATACLYSM.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING
>NO SAVE
>AUTOSAVE WTF ARE YOU EVEN DOING
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #135944

Fuug, i will have to update after this run ends.

Got a good one going with a bionic sniper, superfortified a public works, got lots of food stockpiled and am off to raid my first lab
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135956

also fuck I can't believe I fucking forgot this wyzguy but the newest exp graphical build comes with a fucking like mini map thing in the bottom right. i dunno if if I pressed something for it I stopped playing for like an hour to watch one punch man.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136016

> Start in a mall.
> Surrounded by fifty gajillion zombies at all sides.
> Beeline the only vaguely safe direction - east toward the gambling area.
> Dead ends.
> Kill 54 zombies before succumbing to the hordes.

Fucking horde mode.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136019

> all deez new features

Fucks sake I was finally enjoying a long run. Is it possible to copy over my save folder to the newest version without crashes?

Also amelius if you are talking wander spawns then yes they are still supremely biased and will fuck you constantly even when you make no noise. As for mall start the best way I have used to escape is to take the back tunnels to the loading dock. This will have an exit to the outside world and you can usually sprint around the zeds. You can also take a forklift if a functional one is available
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136027

I can't even get the damn game to work any more since I downloaded newer versions.

I slightly annoyed.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136053

Wyzack wrote:Also amelius if you are talking wander spawns then yes they are still supremely biased and will fuck you constantly even when you make no noise. As for mall start the best way I have used to escape is to take the back tunnels to the loading dock. This will have an exit to the outside world and you can usually sprint around the zeds. You can also take a forklift if a functional one is available
Noticed. Only reason I switched over was because normal static was getting too easy.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136057

EndgamerAzari wrote:I can't even get the damn game to work any more since I downloaded newer versions.

I slightly annoyed.
what problems have you been having KingAzari?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136058

Yeah it kinda sucks. My plan on this run is to make my super fortified base, recruit as many NPCs as i can, install a ton of perimeter defenses with automated turrets, and then enable wander spawns and make a shitload of noise. If we get overrun i will bail in my war RV and start a nomadic life
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136062

Wyzack wrote:Yeah it kinda sucks. My plan on this run is to make my super fortified base, recruit as many NPCs as i can, install a ton of perimeter defenses with automated turrets, and then enable wander spawns and make a shitload of noise. If we get overrun i will bail in my war RV and start a nomadic life
I gave up on magic guy because it's kinda hard (at least how I'm running it I guess) I figured out that
Spoiler:
curious structure
is where you want to spawn if you want easy mode since it's pretty much a church and there aren't any [REDACTED] around. There seems to be a a problem though where the main middle north door is always locked, but that is where the starting NPC spawns so you need to go pick up a rock or something to smash it down. The stairway in the room leads to
Spoiler:
lava fire spirits and shimmering portals
certain deathuntold treasure.

I started up op bionic sniper 3 hours later I'm sitting like 300 map tiles NE of spawn in a just starting to be modified RV reading tons of books. How the hell do you install vehicle welding/forge rigs? I have like 8-9 mechanic levels and I have a toolbox but can't seem to find it on the vehicle i-nstall key
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136063

I will probably try a magic dude next. Bionic sniper is rad just because of the bitching gun and bionics. I now have integrated toolkit, uncanny dodge and a shitload of others. Going to set up a solar powered kitchen/welding area in my public works base.

As for your installation, maybe you need a few levels in electronics or fabrication?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136064

Downloaded. I've played like a FUCKTON of Nethack and SLASH'EM, are there any major differences in how to approach problems that I should be aware of?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136066

Drynwyn wrote:Downloaded. I've played like a FUCKTON of Nethack and SLASH'EM, are there any major differences in how to approach problems that I should be aware of?
make sure to take frail, glass jaw, flimsy, and fragile for a fun experience.

I'm not really sure what the major differences would be...I've never really played nethack/slash'em. I've played a bit of DCSS but with tiles. Only real ascii game I've played was DF but even then I've switched to tiles.

If you want sounds for your game you have to use the tile version though. I don't mind since I prefer tiles to acsii anyway but just soyaknow.
Nightvision is probably a requirement for starting characters, I can't even bear to start a game anymore with out it.

edit: I guess it would be more "don't fight more than like 2-3 zombies ever" if you want to stay alive at least until later in the game
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #136067

If you're going to get in melee combat, try to lure mindless enemies into bushes or through broken windows to slow them down and make them safer to fight. If you really need to get rid of a lot of zeds easily, set a bush on fire and lure them into it. You won't get skill ups from it, but at least you'll be alive.
TheWiznard wrote:what problems have you been having KingAzari?
Eh, when I try to launch it it just acts like it's loading (busy cursor, etc.) but never actually starts up.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136099

Game one summary: Started as razor boy because fuck yeah finger knives

Wandered around for a while, murdered a Mi-go. Died of starvation because the wiki is fucked and I couldn't figure out how to turn animal corpses into food.

Life 2: Started as random character, spawned as a maid. I'm okay with this.

Wandered around, found a solar cat in great condition. Couldn't figure out how to steer it, and a bunch of zombies came up, managed to jump out of it and crash it into them.

Walked a little bit west, suddenly got shredded by an SMG turret.

Seriously what the fuck is up with the wiki, it's just a bunch of error messages ATM

EDIT: Managed to reading some wiki pages by viewing the source. Looks like this is gonna take a while to get the hang of.

Also, it's forced into a tiny screen, is there some way to enlarge the fucking window?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136106

The wiki is horribly out of date, anyway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136108

DemonFiren wrote:The wiki is horribly out of date, anyway.
Is there any other place where useful information is consolidated? I really don't feel like digging through 40 forum threads to figure out how to open lockers (Note: I figured out how to do this, but it's an example.)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136116

Not really, just ask us here. You can increase terminal height and width in the graphics options
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136215

Wyzack wrote:Not really, just ask us here. You can increase terminal height and width in the graphics options
How the fuck do I drive a car once I get one working
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136218

Drynwyn wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Not really, just ask us here. You can increase terminal height and width in the graphics options
How the fuck do I drive a car once I get one working
it's kinda weird. like when you start moving in a direction you want to use the wait key (on the numpad it's the 5 button, on english keyboards) if you keep moving in a direction; like say pressing the 6 key twenty times all you're doing is speeding up in a single direction so you'll be going like 100 mph to the right.

if you use the wait key after pressing a movement key once or twice it kinda "coasts" along at the speed you are going at. then to turn you press another movement key once or twice to start turning. This is about my extend of knowledge of cars because while I've played the game for a while I never really bother getting a car because I play with size 7-8 cities anyway

-------
KingAzari are you sure you downloaded the right version for your OS? Have you tried installing/extracting the zip in a new folder?
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #136241

Adding on to the car thing

Try to find a bike, if you can

It's the best way to level up your driving skill because crashes generally won't murder you instantly like they would if you hotwired a sports car and slammed it into a hulk trying to turn at 90
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136246

> Mallcop start
> Starter NPC uses molotovs and throws them indoors.
> Attracts the zombocalypse to me.
> Ninety billion zombies anyway.
> Ded
> Sheltered start.
> New LMOE shelter looks awesome, 10/10 fucking chain-link fence underground fuck yeah free wires and pipes, crowbars, guns, YEAH! Sure, we might start with a 40 day time-elapse, but it is what it is.
> Craft everything I might need before packing up for the great city on the edge of my map, tailoring 4, fab 3 etc. etc. Leave the moment I run low on water.
> NPC talks about running away from some creature, asking me to kill it. Yeah whatever. Blinking thing on my map, let's go over there, it's on the way anyway.
> JABBERWOCKY.
> Try hitting it with my crowbar of badassery, does fucking shit to it.
> Try to use my holstered Winchester or something. IT WON'T FIRE FOR SOME REASON. (it used to be that shoulder-harnessed weapons you just wield in your hand. Wouldn't work even with ammo for some reason, maybe it has a minimum range).
> Switch to something else.
> Sprint back to the NPC.
> Ready my other, cooler rifle that I know actually shoots things. Also know that I have shitall in rifles so I have to be very very close to hit it.
> NPC is tanking, okay, shoot the Jabberwocky a few times with my rifl- oh, NPC is now ded. WELP. Hey, on the bright side, at least it's wounded, maybe I could just get a few more shots in...
> Crippled, can't sprint away now! WELP.
> Ded.
> Poor student start, no skills only stats and traits - okay let's see wher- OH SHIT FIFTY ZOMBIES ON ALL SIDES.
> Beeline for the gate.
> Fucking kamakazie manhacks everywhere that can outrun me with sprint on.
> Two teargas and.... a C4 manhack? SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
> KABOOOOOOOOOOM!
> At 150+ pain, into red on all my parts.
> Okay what now. Oh, I'm near the refugee centre, maybe they'll have food/clothing/something.
> Find junk food and a tiny bit of disinfectant which allows me to heal some stupidly low amount due to no first aid skill.
> Grab some charcoal and start a fire for wate-, no boiling container. FUCK.
> The first night falls, still no water. Resorted to drinking out of toilets, and my food supplies had long since dried up, leaving dried crap that only serves to exacerbate my situation. At least I picked up a fitted military jacket and made a few cheap craftables so I don't die from hypothermia. I also fashion myself the king of all weapons - the 2-by-sword.
> YOLO into the fringes of town under the cloak of night, gotta git dat fukkin water.
> Fellow survivor miraculously has been playing Dead Rising IRL and gives zero fucks, gunning down all the zombies in the middle of the streets since the start of the day because YOLO. All the zombies are pulled from the fringes. YES.
> Two wolves and I picked the animal disempathy perk or whatever the hell it is. SHIT. Kill them both with what was probably 2 HP left on my left leg and something atrocious like 50 movespeed. Regardless, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
> Loot the first house, pick breaks on the first lock. FUCK. I could only carry one or I'd have to leave tools behind. Whack the window on the back, and carefully clean it before wandering inside.
> A tiny bit of alcohol and more dried shit. FUCK. At least I know where I can get some tools and a charcoal fucking smoker when, you know, I'm less dead than the zombies. Still, enough food and water to stay the night, close all the doors and window shutters, and take a good long nap. Also, a goddamn medkit AND bandages. Use all of the former to be slightly less dead.
> Not dead any more! Sleeping is fucking magic, I'd like to know Estelle's secret to sleeping off dozens of bites and a C4xplosion. Into yellow or even green on all my parts now, I'm no longer a crippled mess!
> Level my tailoring to 3 during the day and make a few more knickknacks for mysefl. Consider a trenchcoat but realize that the 3 armor is suicide at the moment compared to the 8 or something on the military jacket.
> Out of liquids again. SHIT. Survivor still somehow BLAM BLAM BLAMing away outside. Drink delicious toilet water for one more day.
> Foolishly try to loot another house during the daylight. Get chased by a spitter, a bear, and a small horde of zombies. I invited them to the refugee centre, and they accepted. I'm fairly sure they hate me over there now, going in, breaking their furniture, wearing their clothing, luring zombies to them. Heresy!
> Night, loot another two houses. One of them actually had zombies this time, but they were no match for my ballin' two-by-sword. Upgrade to a golf club.
> Decide to loot the museum, despite the risks. 'I've recovered enough to run away, i-it'll be fine'.
> Just go HAM on that door since I'm going to be breaking those display cases anyway. Smash and grab everything. Get a ridiculously awesome Roman helmet with crazy armor values (18! and no mouth encumbrance / good coverage) to replace my pitiful cotton hat, alongside a motherfucking cool as shit Japanese sword thingie that does almost as much damage as a fire axe while being as fast as my golf club. Decide to be a fucking retard and get the massive, unfitting suit of armor too because why the fuck not?
> Now going around meleeing zombies to death with crazy encumbrance penalties, giving zero fucks what they throw at me.

T A C T I C S. I'll probably downgrade the suit of armor since it's probably suicide against anything that can penetrate it, but it's still fucking hilarious and crazy effective at the moment when I have no skills and the zombies are basic. Shame about the lack of storage though. To be honest, I should have been a medieval peasant.

Honestly though, going high encum and high defense earlygame is actually really effective since you can't kill shit effectively otherwise. My last 'victory' was a firefighter with that awesome middling encumbrance fire equipment with fairly high armor. Dropped that shit quickly, but it let me survive the earlygame and get up to cutting/bash/melee 3ish without that much risk, and if I got in shitty circumstances I'd just drop it and run (takeoff is free!). Also, the experimental's sprinting mechanic is absolutely based, and lets you get out of SOME no-win bullshit situations, especially earlygame.

Just basic static spawn on since wandering homing hordes is bullshit earlygame but pretty much a requirement if you want to get any use out of your tacticool shelter / deathmobile with turrets and shit. I'll turn hordes on later. According to the dev, in the latest builds you can toggle it whenever and all the zombies that exist will try to form hordes, and all future spawns will be hordes (if you go off the existing map). Bretty cool. Also I play with skill rust off because there's literally no more of a no-fun mechanic than having to play arbitrary whack-a-mole with your skills. Basically all the cool mods though (can't wait 'till I get magick). Looks like they added a shitton since I've only just started with the experimental version of the game, both in terms of mods and normal content.

Also what the fuck do shaving kits *do* in the game?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136247

Meanwhile, I'm trying to be an elementary student.

This is gonna suck. I don't even know if there's mechanical penalties for playing as child, but I'm definitely looking forward to dying horribly over and over again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136248

DemonFiren wrote:Meanwhile, I'm trying to be an elementary student.

This is gonna suck. I don't even know if there's mechanical penalties for playing as child, but I'm definitely looking forward to dying horribly over and over again.
> Pay 0 points to be an Elementary School Student.
> Receive 1 for being a Poor Student.

In the zombie apocalypse, being poor is worse than being in elementary fucking school and fighting zombies. Lel.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #136255

Being fucking Karate Kid is fun.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136285

My next run i am going to try Ragnarok mode. Arcana mod enabled, city size 0, eternal winter. Start as a barbarian, kick ass, take names, freeze to death
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #136288

i killed a zombie with a rock in a sock
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136351

Okay so my suit of armor was destroyed or lost somewhere somehow. RIP. On the plus side, I took on a couple brutes in melee combat and wrecked their shit, and have high enough combat skills and good enough equipment that I can actually kill things without dying. I even made myself a 1x1 storage hatch thingie with a good amount of space (more than my old shopping cart). No casters though, my old shopping cart had totalled ones and I have yet to locate another that I can cannibalize, so it makes a good amount of noise. Looted a few gun stores, have a huge stock of ammo etc. in my very temporary, somewhat awkward base located in a house in the fringes. Also increased a crapton of my skills with traditional grinding and books, and marginally fortified my position now that 2x4s aren't anywhere near as hueg as in stable. Believe me, not playing with mood swings makes everything a thousand times easier. Regardless, since things were going so well, I decided to go back to where I began my adventure - the regional school, since I saw a very well staffed library, and there might be more useful stuff in there as well.

> C4 and grenade manhacks everywhere.
> Can't outrun them.
> 0 gun skill.
> Relying on the rifles and pistols I had just (thankfully) packed.
> Start thinking that they're coming out of the woodwork or something.
> Scroll over a bit, see a zombie grenadier spamming manhacks like no tomorrow.
> Somehow, manage to get through the manhackicade and knock them off.
> Go to loot.
> KABOOM. KABOOM. KABOOM.
> Grenadiers fucking SELF-DESTRUCT, and not just once, oh no, MULTIPLE TIMES.
> Almost dead, legs are almost kill.
> The entire zombie population of Fuckville starts wandering over.
> Barely limp back to my nearby hideout after some in-combat first aid.
> Barricade everything, try desperately to buy time for bandaging and to produce a combat area with a couple nail traps I made a long long time ago.
> Grab a bunch of my stashed guns, the bigger the better. Reload all of them. Wait quietly in front of the most likely entrance point, knowing that this, almost surely, will be my final stand. It doesn't take long for them to breach my pittance of a barricade, though, fortunately I built a couple bookcases/tables to earlier to slow them down and create a funnel. Wait patiently in front of the main entrance and dose myself with copious amounts of Adderall and caffine.
> The first zombies start to trickle in, the quicker followed by the slower. BLAM BLAM BLAM, I go through my fully loaded dozen or so rifles, pistols, and shotguns over the next few dozen minutes. Apparently, another group decided to go in through the relatively heavily fortified other entrance and appears at my flank. SHIT.
> Finish off the last couple guns worth of ammo and switch to my grorious nipponese sword.
> Kill the last few, butcher everything, and clean up from my ordeal. Disinfect the trillion bite wounds and rest.
> Sleep the deepest sleep in ages in my small backroom. Barricade the door just in case, and even haul some of the guns over as well.

Somehow I lived holy shit what. Estelle, that isn't once, but twice that you've survived unsurvivable circumstances. Cheeky little girl.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #136371

how do I take things off of shelves without breaking the shelves first
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #136372

[e]xamine the shelves
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster