Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Talk about video games here
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Post by Bombadil » #62827

Trailer for Heart of Thorns Expansion(With modified music):

HYPE. Buy2play mmo is best type of mmo. Its great being able to come back to a game with no obligation to play it due to subscription.

Can't wait for the expansion also its $10 if you want a game that'll get you more than 10 hours of gameplay. right now. Not the expansion though. It has a cost.

So how hyped are you guys?
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Post by nsos » #62828

i bought this game yesterday when do i get to thrash something
nsos

Post by nsos » #62829

what should i name my ranger's pet i was thinking chief keef
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #62831

I got this game at launch but didn't even make it to level 80 on a single character.

It's absolutely not the game's fault though, I just stopped playing for some reason. I'm totally up for getting back in the game with a few /tg/ peeps.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62858

Ricotez wrote:I got this game at launch but didn't even make it to level 80 on a single character.

It's absolutely not the game's fault though, I just stopped playing for some reason. I'm totally up for getting back in the game with a few /tg/ peeps.
I need a guild.

To add me to friends Kromgar.3057 I'm down for jumping puzzles anytime

I mainly play my Elementalist Sylvari Serah Sundew.

FYI for those of you who missed out on living story season 1 and season 2. You can read up on season 1 but season 2 you can buy ingame with gold or with their cash shop currency etc etc. You were able to get it free in the first 2 weeks after the patch released. OOOOOOOR you can just watch some videos of what happened in the personal story of season 2 of the living world and watch the cutscenes and trailers.

I was thinking of leveling a new character

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62859

nsos wrote:i bought this game yesterday when do i get to thrash something
What race are you? Much of the major world boss shit is level 80

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #62862

I was/am in No Fun Allowed. After launch was legitimately the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. We had a full guild within a day of launch (it would have been within 2 hours if anet wasn't shit and guilds were buggy) plus 80 or more people in an overflow guild.

We literally infested every corner of SoS server. Everywhere and anywhere you went, you saw [FUN] people. People would always comment about it, it was pretty funny.

And glorious wubwub. We literally pioneered wvw zerging, when we figured out it was a fast way to get xp/karma (most of us did it for karma exploits, more on that later). At this point we literally outnumbered every group we ever came across atleast 2 to 1, and just shat on everything in sight. When ever we came across another largish group, you'd just see our guardians mass pop tomes, which at this point were the most hilariously OP shit ever.
After 5 minutes of "recieve the light!" spam, and lots of rainbows, everything would be dead and we'd keep going.
More then once we lemming'd off a cliff/bridge and 50+ people would jump to their deaths, and the handful of non retards would res everyone.

An the exploits, oh lawd we found and abused so many exploits/unintended shit earlier on. Literally you would grudgingly go to sleep, wake up, and you'd have missed on some fantastic new exploit that got discovered, abused and hotfixed in the night.
On my other computer I have screen shots of the cooking station in LA, with literally 40+ [FUN] people all just crowding around it, making oranage cocant bars, which could be made with a handful of karma and copper, and be sold for a few silver to merchants. Food selling shit was so lucrative, but peaches were from some level 60+ area or some shit, and I was one of only a handful of people at the time high enough level to get there (this was like, 1 or 2 days in), so I would ask in guild chat who wanted peaches, and people would mail me orders, and I would go and buy thousands of bags of these fuckers, and distribute them to my lower level pleb guild mates to make mad dosh with.

Then everyone got into that cheap rare karma weapon thing, and we were all just puttin them into the mystic forge. The guy who first tried it, got dawn on his very first try, which is what spurred the rest of us on to do it tirelessly (until we all got banned for 3 days).

And the recruitmen rituals, oh god, I miss them.

All that said, GW2 is a pretty meh game, with shitty devs, timegated everything and shitty end game content short of wrecking scrubs in WvW all day (which kept me amused for a very long time).

Oh, also conumables in WvW, holy fuck they were literally the best thing ever. We would have guild mlgpr0 black op runs, where we would sneak into keeps and shit using mesmer portals and teleporter guns, then I would use a teleporter gun and spectral walk to open a portal directly from spawn to the middle of an enemy keep, and just let the zerg pour in.
Also murdering people with 10+ guild mates all using wolf tonics and weapon consumables (peg legs, rocks, gears, underwater nets) was fucking funny and humiliating, watching people die chain stunned by a punch of wolves.
And peglegs. Fucking peglegs in the EB jumping puzzle, holy fuck that shit was hilarious.

Edit: Also fuck living story, what a waste of development time.
Edit2: Also fuck timegated ascended crafting, I only have legendary weapons/ascended jewellery because fuck the effort of makinng ascended armor.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62994

lumipharon wrote:I was/am in No Fun Allowed. After launch was legitimately the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. We had a full guild within a day of launch (it would have been within 2 hours if anet wasn't shit and guilds were buggy) plus 80 or more people in an overflow guild.

We literally infested every corner of SoS server. Everywhere and anywhere you went, you saw [FUN] people. People would always comment about it, it was pretty funny.

And glorious wubwub. We literally pioneered wvw zerging, when we figured out it was a fast way to get xp/karma (most of us did it for karma exploits, more on that later). At this point we literally outnumbered every group we ever came across atleast 2 to 1, and just shat on everything in sight. When ever we came across another largish group, you'd just see our guardians mass pop tomes, which at this point were the most hilariously OP shit ever.
After 5 minutes of "recieve the light!" spam, and lots of rainbows, everything would be dead and we'd keep going.
More then once we lemming'd off a cliff/bridge and 50+ people would jump to their deaths, and the handful of non retards would res everyone.

An the exploits, oh lawd we found and abused so many exploits/unintended shit earlier on. Literally you would grudgingly go to sleep, wake up, and you'd have missed on some fantastic new exploit that got discovered, abused and hotfixed in the night.
On my other computer I have screen shots of the cooking station in LA, with literally 40+ [FUN] people all just crowding around it, making oranage cocant bars, which could be made with a handful of karma and copper, and be sold for a few silver to merchants. Food selling shit was so lucrative, but peaches were from some level 60+ area or some shit, and I was one of only a handful of people at the time high enough level to get there (this was like, 1 or 2 days in), so I would ask in guild chat who wanted peaches, and people would mail me orders, and I would go and buy thousands of bags of these fuckers, and distribute them to my lower level pleb guild mates to make mad dosh with.

Then everyone got into that cheap rare karma weapon thing, and we were all just puttin them into the mystic forge. The guy who first tried it, got dawn on his very first try, which is what spurred the rest of us on to do it tirelessly (until we all got banned for 3 days).

And the recruitmen rituals, oh god, I miss them.

All that said, GW2 is a pretty meh game, with shitty devs, timegated everything and shitty end game content short of wrecking scrubs in WvW all day (which kept me amused for a very long time).

Oh, also conumables in WvW, holy fuck they were literally the best thing ever. We would have guild mlgpr0 black op runs, where we would sneak into keeps and shit using mesmer portals and teleporter guns, then I would use a teleporter gun and spectral walk to open a portal directly from spawn to the middle of an enemy keep, and just let the zerg pour in.
Also murdering people with 10+ guild mates all using wolf tonics and weapon consumables (peg legs, rocks, gears, underwater nets) was fucking funny and humiliating, watching people die chain stunned by a punch of wolves.
And peglegs. Fucking peglegs in the EB jumping puzzle, holy fuck that shit was hilarious.

Edit: Also fuck living story, what a waste of development time.
Edit2: Also fuck timegated ascended crafting, I only have legendary weapons/ascended jewellery because fuck the effort of makinng ascended armor.

You know living story was made by 35 people. 200 people work at Arenanet. They only have one game.

I think they struggled with what they were going to do with expansions I mean to be fair WoW took 2 years for an expansion when it released.

Also it looks like they might be doing some actual good group content. I think its pretty fair to say that Arenanet got rushed to release the game you can really see it in Dungeons and especially in the final Zhaitan fight there is no way 200 people working on that game thought that was an okay thing.

Either way I'm not a dungeon running fanatic and the game wasn't made to be WoW 2.0 for PvE Endgame Raiding content. Although it looks like they will be releasing some group content they might be doing 10mans or maybe just 5 mans. They did hire some well known AI designer. It really looks like to me that with Heart of thorns they are going to be able to add some real depth to the world with the lore mastery system and the hang gliding. Apparently each zone will have 3 types to it.

Canopy

Jungle Floor

Subterranean Jungle

ALSO MOTHERFUCKING MURSAAT how can you not be excited? I played Guild Wars 1 for HoM and found the experience enjoyable before Guild Wars 2. The lore of the world was wonderful and I am really happy to see a return to some of their great lore. Also I always wanted to explore the maguuma jungle(Deep into the jungle) in Guild Wars 1

Riley
Byond Username: Furienify

Post by Riley » #62999

Looks like it might be fun. I fucking love the Guild Wars franchise and have more amazing memories than I can count, but they really did drop the ball with a lot of post-release GW2 in general. The Living Story, as a model, has been terrible until a little under a year ago, and its content only slightly better off. Ascended crafting grind. The mess that is the game's economy. Extremely underwhelming PvE designed by a guy that plays a Ranger unironically. That bullshit that is megaservers. Absolutely glacial pace and general incompetence for balancing, bugfixing and PvP changes. They still do holidays and events better than anyone else, though, as always.

The new 'specializations' and weapons might be the breath of fresh air I've been looking for, though, if there's enough variety to them. Most of my WvW/sPvP guild has gone on to greener pastures. Now I'm going through a thousand old screenshots. I miss it. Zerg-busting, GvGs, people raging in ranked sPvP, all the WvW guild drama. Makes me feel nostalgic as fuck.

And you know what? That's probably intended on their part, too, when I go over the expansion's details. The Revenant "draws power from legendary figures such as King Jalis Ironhammer and Mallyx the Unyielding" - that's basically as nostalgia-pandering as a class can get.

Did they reveal the price for it yet? Or if all the 'specialization' etc. stuff will be expansion-only? I've longed for GW1-style expansions for ages, but I don't know if this will be of the same depth - and hopefully it won't be the same price as a result.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #63002

did they reintroduce Polymock yet, I want to humiliate the grand children of Plurk or whatever his name was

the Polymock quest line was one of the best parts of Eye of the North just because of all the jokes in the accept/decline messages
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #63006

[FUN] Found a hilarious way to get to the polymock arena in gw2, which you weren't supposed to get to/wasnt complete. There's a video on youtube somewhere of us exploring it in the beta.
Anet is pretty no fun allowed themselves though (heh) and removed all the interesting map exploring shit like that, that they could find.

Also semi related. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ6IGIi3dXo. Fun by the time of the karka event was fairly quiet, but the entire guild fucking came to life for the last event thing, when word on the general spread about the phat loot. Then one of the guys managed to get on an overflow, with NO ONE ELSE ON IT AT ALL. I realised we could get literally all of the guild on it by party'ing up and transferring, so we literally had an overflow of the karka event with 80+FUN members. The only people without FUN tags, were FUN members repping other guilds.

Also I told everyone that you could get the chest once per character, so fucking everyone moved their main into place, then moved all their random scrub characters. Which is why we were getting raped so hard because most people were on random characters to jew better. Honk.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #63012

lumipharon wrote:[FUN] Found a hilarious way to get to the polymock arena in gw2, which you weren't supposed to get to/wasnt complete. There's a video on youtube somewhere of us exploring it in the beta.
Anet is pretty no fun allowed themselves though (heh) and removed all the interesting map exploring shit like that, that they could find.
People still map break all the time in the new maps they have been adding. So at one point they put a bunch of honeycombs and shit in an area to throw people off because they map broke behind a mysterious door

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #63013

The map exploits for COE alone were hilarious. They kept 'fixing' them, yet we kept exploiting that dungeon for literally 6+ months after, for super fast runs.

Also we had a great adventure with 5 of us, when that mysterious camp place behind a locked gate appeared (I think later it became a refuge camp or some shit).
After trying to get in with telegun/recall trickery, on of us found a way to get up a mountain, off the edge of the map. The only trouble, it was almost on the complete opposite side of the map. Undeterred, we set off on an epic adventure, revolving around the abuse of teleporter guns, spectral walk (greatest thing ever) and mesmer portals.

After like 2 hours we finally got into the camp, which was all half finished and dodgy.

Pic related, me on the right. http://a.pomf.se/iiaykn.jpg
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #63023

lumipharon wrote:The map exploits for COE alone were hilarious. They kept 'fixing' them, yet we kept exploiting that dungeon for literally 6+ months after, for super fast runs.

Also we had a great adventure with 5 of us, when that mysterious camp place behind a locked gate appeared (I think later it became a refuge camp or some shit).
After trying to get in with telegun/recall trickery, on of us found a way to get up a mountain, off the edge of the map. The only trouble, it was almost on the complete opposite side of the map. Undeterred, we set off on an epic adventure, revolving around the abuse of teleporter guns, spectral walk (greatest thing ever) and mesmer portals.

After like 2 hours we finally got into the camp, which was all half finished and dodgy.

Pic related, me on the right. http://a.pomf.se/iiaykn.jpg

It was a village where refugees were fleeing from

ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #63130

nsos wrote:i bought this game yesterday when do i get to thrash something
ho,ly shit bro add me

ill install it again lets thug out
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #63139

I finally figured out the e-mail I registered my account under so I'm updating my client right now.
Spoiler:
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #63212

I've been putting off re-installing this on my new computer for like a year. At least a year. guys, stop getting me excited.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #63312

So I actually bothered to read details about the expansion

>Example: Necromancer & Greatsword. New specialization for necro that allow them to use the Greatsword weapon.
>guild halls

Literally hyped. People on the necro forum have been begging for that shit, literally for years.

What server are you fuckers on, and why isn't it SOS?
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #63345

lumipharon wrote:So I actually bothered to read details about the expansion

>Example: Necromancer & Greatsword. New specialization for necro that allow them to use the Greatsword weapon.
>guild halls

Literally hyped. People on the necro forum have been begging for that shit, literally for years.

What server are you fuckers on, and why isn't it SOS?

I'm on some Jade named server. Jade Quarry?

Either way add me you fucks

Kromgar.3057

Megaservers are the best

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #63347

Cipher3 wrote:I've been putting off re-installing this on my new computer for like a year. At least a year. guys, stop getting me excited.
Well the expansion probably wont be for another 2-3 months they mentioned letting journalists play the beta in a month. There's no release date yet.

But i will be buying the collectors edition. I dont know where i'll find the place to put it but god damn it I already have Rytlock Brimstone statue sitting in my closet(I didn't take him out of the packaging).

Also it looks like their working on horizontal progression with the mastery system. I mean you can learn new languages or read new languages hang glide longer.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #63349

My main is called (surprisingly) Lumipharon. Can't remember what my account name is. Add me, an move to SOS so we can rek scrubs in wvw.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #63401

I forgot to mention I'm on European servers. I'd rather not transfer to an American server due to how timezones affect server population.
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #63410

lumipharon wrote:My main is called (surprisingly) Lumipharon. Can't remember what my account name is. Add me, an move to SOS so we can rek scrubs in wvw.
I think i need your account name to add you

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #63452

I've added Kromgar and when I typed in Lumipharon it added something to my friends list
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #66811

Guild wars 2 Maguuma ambience. Got dayuuuum.

Another look at maguuma.

HOLY SHIT 30 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FROM ARENA NET ON TWITCH actual gameplay was live streamed

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #66831

What? Link it.
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #66935

Are rangers still hated by everyone else?
I played for a since release date and it seems no one ever wanted to group with rangers so I could never get that cool Magma space marine armor
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #66954

30m of gameplay but apparently this isn't a good peak because outposts can take a full hour to grow to maximum it was mainly a teaser.

Rangers are cool now everyone hates necros now.

M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #66969

Shieeeet so my highest alt is now bad

I'll probably patch them game while I'm at work tonight, I forget what my special snowflake name is now
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #67057

Rangers are bretty cool. They got rapid fire buffed and everyone cried about it pretty hard for a good while, was pretty funny.
Swooping around with GS and heuheuheuhing people from 1500 range with LB is still quite amusing.
M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #67510

Alrighty got my snowflake name, It's Sareth.9038.

I'll have a whole bunch of lvl 20s since I got a whole bunch of experience scrolls from all my character birthdays
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #67511

What server are you on?
M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #67516

I'm on Tarnished Coast, which seems to be a rp server as I was walking around Divinity Reach I saw quite a bit of it
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #67519

Yeah it's the NA RP server. It's also home to HOPE. Bunch of asura ERPing VG fags.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #67529

sounds like my kinda place
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #67552

Like not even Joking. FUN started pre release, HOPE started a bit later.
As FUN died off, the generals in VG were basically just the same HOPE people with their (mainly shark teeth) waifu's, circlejerking and erping, so I stopped going. Went back again last week, after however many fucking years, and IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME HOPE FAGGOTS DOING THE SAME SHIT.

That said, when that feature was added to guest over to other servers, we ended up with like 10 FUN guys chilling at the hot springs, with a bunch of HOPE guys, for like, 3 hours. Was pretty gud. Especially when 2 randoms came into the hotpool next to ours and started lesbian ERPing.
Spoiler:
I miss non ded FUN ;_;
M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #67664

Jesus titty fucking christ, I went to the norn bar in Divinity Reach and I ended up walking in on charr on asura action
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #79642

Now you can get legendaries by going to palces and doing things like dancing for the Queen of Kryta

nsos

Post by nsos » #80087

M0nsoon wrote:Jesus titty fucking christ, I went to the norn bar in Divinity Reach and I ended up walking in on charr on asura action
normal day on tarnished coast
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #80134

I have fun playing this game. On a scale of gay to furry how dumb am i for playing a charr necromancer?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #80135

>foot in the grave now breaks stun when entering death shroud

Fuck. Yes.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #80181

My name is Zellion.3652 if anyone wants to play, im on sea of sorrows and I've got 2 80s, necromancer and elementalist and they're both kinda geared I think, I mostly do pvp.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #86828

More expansion stuff is being revealed. Time wizards are a thing now.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #86830

Wasn't the Chronomancer originally intended for whatever expansion got scrapped in favour of Eye of the North?

Anyway, time to dust off my Necromancer and maybe consider making a Mesmer.

EDIT:
The chronomancer’s unique mechanic is a new shatter skill that takes the F5 slot next to the other shatters. This skill, Continuum Split, and its follow-up skill, Continuum Shift, are the most powerful abilities in a chronomancer’s arsenal and affect just about every skill on your bar.

When the chronomancer activates Continuum Split, they sacrifice all of their illusions to split themselves off from the normal flow of time for a duration that scales with the number of illusions shattered. When this duration is over, or when the mesmer activates the follow-up skill Continuum Shift, they revert back to the location where the skill was first activated.

Here’s where things get fun. Shifting back to the original timeline reverts the chronomancer’s health, endurance, and all cooldowns (yes, even the elite skill) back to the state they were in when the shatter was first activated. This skill essentially gives the chronomancer a reset button and allows for tricks such as casting any skill twice, avoiding a killing blow, or simply tactically repositioning yourself.
Loving it.
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #86831

mesmer and guard elite specs seem both hilariously OP.

Chronomancer is literally:
Activate f5
Spam all skills and cooldowns
Time reverts
Active signet of recharge-your-shatters
Activate f5 again
Time reverts
Spam all skills and cooldowns a final time.

You could literally moa 3 people, apply about 30 CC's, shit out like 100 stacks of confusion, god knows how much damage, and all without actually taking any damage.
Anet puts long CD's on shit like the f5 and gravity well, and then let you abuse it MULTIPLE TIMES by completely avoiding the CD.

Dragon hunter is:
Press 211121112111
Which gives you infinite stability, cripples and assblasts everything, and knocksback anything that gets in melee range of you.

In the extreme likelyhood that people that buy the expansion can still play people that didnt, pvp will be literally pay2win.

Esports.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #86852

lumipharon wrote:mesmer and guard elite specs seem both hilariously OP.

Chronomancer is literally:
Activate f5
Time reverts
Active signet of recharge-your-shatters
Activate f5 again
Time reverts
Spam all skills and cooldowns a final time.

You could literally moa 3 people, apply about 30 CC's, shit out like 100 stacks of confusion, god knows how much damage, and all without actually taking any damage.
Anet puts long CD's on shit like the f5 and gravity well, and then let you abuse it MULTIPLE TIMES by completely avoiding the CD.

Dragon hunter is:
Press 211121112111
Which gives you infinite stability, cripples and assblasts everything, and knocksback anything that gets in melee range of you.

In the extreme likelyhood that people that buy the expansion can still play people that didnt, pvp will be literally pay2win.

Esports.
As a Mesmer main, I'm not worried about Chronomancer being OP. Yeah F5 is powerful, but it's on an insanely long cd even with alacrity. It also leaves a beacon behind that marks where you will return, and destroying it makes you return prematurely. People will fuck you up if you just mash f5 and spam everything. Signet of Illusions or whatever will not recharge F5, I guarantee it. Vanilla builds got buffed tremendously too. In fact, Chronomancer will likely be a tad nice. Shatter, Phantasm, Condition PU, and Condition Interrupt are unlikely to use Chronomancer. Support, Power Interrupt, and Zerg builds will use it.

I can't speak for Guardian much since I don't play one, but about half the people I've spoken too say that they actually don't intend to use the spec. Stability is the only thing that worries me. Other than that, I think it's fine.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #86865

The thing with chrono is we haven't seen the traits yet, unlike guardian.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #86874

lumipharon wrote:The thing with chrono is we haven't seen the traits yet, unlike guardian.
As long as none of them are egregious bullshit, we'll be good. The spec I'm really interested in is Necro. They're the most probable candidate for the specialization that gets the defiance bar, which will go a long way towards making them viable.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #86884

I hope you're not implying necro will get anything good.

I main necro, and while it would be nice to get something to make us viable (mobility, stability, defence that actually scales past 1v1), it is not an exaggeration to say that Anet has consistantly disappointed, no matter how low my expectations.

The changes to the current trait lines don't even make sense - an only buff the very specific meta builds.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #86890

What, really? I haven't really played GW2 in forever but I loved Necro when it came out. I started as a MM but I quickly switched to inflicting conditions. Asuras get a very great racial skill to help with that called Radiation Field.
Spoiler: