Summer 2023 Video Game Awards

Talk about video games here
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Summer 2023 Video Game Awards

Post by WineAllWine » #694697

Hello! As we are half way through the year I'm going to announce some of my video game awards. Feel free to add your own awards to the list!
  • The WineAllWine prize for excellence. This prize goes to the game most likely to win game of the year. This goes to viewfinder. A great cross between Portal and Superliminal.
  • the foetal attraction prize. This prize goes to the video game you're most looking forward to in the next six months: Book of hours. I love Cultist simulator so I'm certain it will be great.
  • The Taylor Swift Prize. This goes to the most overrated game of the year: Dave the Diver. Loads of people seem to like this indie hit (even Charlie Brooker, writer of Black Mirror praised it in the Guardian), and I don't hate it; it just couldn't hold my attention for more than a couple of hours.
  • The B3st gamm. This award goes to the early access game with the best future. This goes to Shadow of Doubt. I LOVE this game. It could potentially become my favourite game of all time but at the moment it is too buggy to play for very long. I look forward to it being out of early access
  • The ..wait, what..?. This award goes for a game that was released before this year that I think people missed. This goes to The Way. Such a fun puzzle platformer. I've replayed it twice this year.
Last edited by WineAllWine on Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tritium334
Byond Username: EEASAS

Re: Summer 2023 Video Game Awards

Post by tritium334 » #694701

"game that looks like shit but plays like good" would be a good award I think
first off, teardown and the new battlebit
Try out Space Station 14 sometime :popcorn:
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #694702

Climbing Games Awards of 2023
  • Worst Climbing Game: Only Up! -- Made me appreciate just how good Getting Over It really was. Someone please nuke Twitch HQ from orbit.
  • Most Realistic Climbing Game: New Heights -- You have to control each individual limb. Feels weird at first but once you get the hang of it and climb a real-ass cliff face, it's immensely gratifying.
  • Most Anticipated Bungee Physics: Surmount -- Spin your little guy as fast as your thumbs can move. Cute art style
  • Least Anticipated Bird Enemies: Peaks of Yore -- Not very deep, at least as far as the demo went, but I dig the old-timey look. Fuck seagulls.
  • Most Anticipated Climbing Game: Jusant -- Decent mechanical complexity (you can place pitons, jump to ledges, etc.), beautiful aesthetic (70/80s French Sci Fi, Moebius-y). I just hope there's a decent amount of content. Can't wait for this one
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #694708

Epoc wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:13 pm Brilliant awards
Thanks so much for the contribution!
Delltop
Byond Username: Pilot778

Post by Delltop » #694709

Game concepts that feel like they were cooked up with a snort train - Depth