Horse Genitals High Resolution Mod (Skyrim General)

Talk about video games here
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Re: Horse Genitals High Resolution $99.99

Post by Akkryls » #84311

Bottom post of the previous page:

Incomptinence wrote:There are reports of failed launches. So I guess it stops the game running if you have parts of a used to be free now pay mod. Well if there is one thing workshop is good for now it is uninstalling mods.

Given that we used to play space engineers I think you would like to know at least one member of their dev team has been tweeting in what seems to be support given character limits #shittymedium.

Anyone advocating the pay what you want option keep in mind it would probably have current prices as minimum with the option to piss as much money down the 25% hole as you wanted. Why you wouldn't seek an outside donation method if you wanted to do this I don't comprehend.
I have the Wet and Cold thing, I have midas magic and I have the skyforged weapon packs.
I can still launch the game without any apparent problems.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84312

Well I suppose I was misinformed then.

Actually now that I look back on it not sure where I got the idea must have misread a post about potential future mod drm somewhere.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #84313

Incomptinence wrote:Well I suppose I was misinformed then.
Bear in mind with so much hate flying around at the moment, people are probably spreading misinformation to add fuel to the fire.
I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84314

Oh well can't be helped, started out with a pretty poor presentation anyway.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #84343

peoplearestrange wrote:What I want to know is, if you already had a mod before this new bullshit, that you now have to pay for, do you get to keep it for free? Or do you have to then pay for it to carry on playing?

Both options are terrible tbh. One way only CERTAIN people are getting free content, the other way they are removing content that you original downloaded with the premise that it was free.
If you had a mod before this new bullshit you're either left with unfinished old version (Wet & Cold, etc) if author decides to keep it somewhere (Nexus, maybe Workshop even) but when they decide to make it cost money you have to pay.

Also, at least the SKSE will remain free forever.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #84351

>Author goes full hebrew merchant and starts charging for Wet and Cold
>I still have the old, free version of Wet and Cold
>According to the Workshop ToS, modders are free to use other free mods in their own modding so long as they give credit for others work
>Take the old version of Wet and Cold and change the texture on one object and other piss nothing changes
>Call it Moist n' Chilly: Loony Edition
>Give it away for free

:ai: :honk:
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #84397

And it's gone. I really hope this shitstorm is done with now, but it probably isn't.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #84400

"skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating. We think this made us miss the mark pretty badly, even though we believe there's a useful feature somewhere here."

They intend to keep trying. Paid mods are still very much going to be a thing.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84407

Hopefully they will try it on a new big title rather than nuking a smaller game from orbit playing doctor gabeu.

Well at least that would be what makes sense.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #84421

While the problem with Skyrin in particular was that introducing the system was causing rifts in the modding community, the lack of QA for the paid-for mods was also heavily problematic as well.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #84426

One of the major selling points for games like Skyrim is the wealth of free and half-broken shit you can get your hands on and fuck around with outside of the game proper.

To gate that out and say you have to pay someone $5 to run around with a mudcrab with a top-hat and monocle on it that sometimes glitches through the earth and dies for no reason, or draws aggro and breaks quest lines is fucking ludicrous. Going forward I wouldn't be surprised to see them try again with Fallout 4 or the inevitable Black Marsh/Hammerfall/wherever-the-fuck game.

When that time comes I'm sure we'll see a huge glut of user-created DLC. People will be selling all kinds of game-breaking swords and half-broken quest lines or expansion areas. But at least we'll know ahead of time that it's coming and that this game will be a vehicle for a lot of this kind of bullshit, and can choose ahead of time whether we want to buy the platform for these sales or not.

Just the same, I imagine we'll still see a community of people who develop and release content outside of these stores for free simply for the recognition and fun of doing it.

The bottomline for me is thus:
If these guys are doing such great work that it merits paying for as additions to the game you've made? Fucking hire them already, bring them in house as designers and release an actual expansion pack of developer approved stuff. Give these guys jobs doing game dev work instead of relying on them like some kind of freelance mercenary content contractors and riding their backs all the way to the bank. If these things they're making are so great and so sought after go slap your director/developers around and ask them why the fuck they didn't think of this shit first. You shouldn't be getting out-played by your own modding community to the point where you're looking at them and thinking "we ought to make a buck off of that".

You should be asking "why didn't we think of/do that first?" How could we spend all these millions of dollars developing a AAA title and not think to incorporate a feature some neckbeard cooked up in his basement over a couple hundred hours? Why have we not hired this person already?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #84464

Konork wrote:And it's gone.
[youtube]3GwjfUFyY6M[/youtube]
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #84477

The only good thing about this is the drama. The guy who made SkyUI is getting shit on so hard even after the paid crap was removed. All the good modders kept their stuff for free and said they'd stay that way.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Kot

Post by Kot » #84495

[youtube]7WD1tr-6l68[/youtube]
The battle is won.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #84498

Eh, don't think the SkyUI guy deserves the shit.

The Midas Magic guy, on the other hand, completely deserves it.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #84508

ExplosiveCrate wrote:Eh, don't think the SkyUI guy deserves the shit.

The Midas Magic guy, on the other hand, completely deserves it.
4% chance on casting a spell to get a popup for Midas Magic Gold.

I'm going to fuck him sideways with a rusty polearm.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84509

This is one of those times when I'm hoping that I completely misunderstood the situation, because it's kind of worrying to think that a company with as much resources, experience, and manpower as Valve could make such a nearsighted decision. The whole thing just felt really slapdash from what little I knew about it.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84513

The Midas Magic guy is the absolute worst asshole to "leverage their brand" in this entire fiasco.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #84515

The internet complainer squad has done it folks, the shitstorm was so massive Valve rescinded the bullshit to avoid the PR shitsmear. Good job everyone, free gaming is saved
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84517

An0n3 wrote:The Midas Magic guy is the absolute worst asshole to "leverage their brand" in this entire fiasco.
Wasn't he the one who turned the free version of his mod into nagware?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84521

DemonFiren wrote:
An0n3 wrote:The Midas Magic guy is the absolute worst asshole to "leverage their brand" in this entire fiasco.
Wasn't he the one who turned the free version of his mod into nagware?
Yeah what Drynwyn said above is correct. If you were using the free version of his mod you got a 4% chance to see a pop up advising you to buy the mod every cast.

I saw a screencapture of him addressing complaints that the pop up was:

A) More frequent than 4%
B) Still didn't go away on purchasing the mod

What a fucking horrible piece of shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #84523

And the funniest part is people still defend his shit.

Literal cucks.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #84525

Valve's backpedaling, everyone go home.

Locking thread if no one has any objections.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kot

Post by Kot » #84532

Kot wrote: Also I belive we don't have Skyrim thread so there's that.
It's Skyrim thread now.
EDIT: Like regular Skyrim.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84537

>Travel across planes of reality to communicate with gods and demons
>Slay ancient threats from across mortal boundaries
>wife still wont let me get a piece of that ass
>can only adopt children

Bitch what I gotta do for you?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #84539

Install those sick mods from LoversLab which can even make YOU pregnant with horse!
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84542

Install all of the sick mods at once, if you're smart.
Your game will crash only slightly. All of the time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84543

I just want the mod to make my Skyrim looks like this please

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84545

I'd still hit that lizard.

Although I honestly got a massive laugh out of that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84547

"De-makes" of modern games are so bizarrely hilarious. It's like... I don't know why you'd do this to yourself, but thank you nonetheless.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84549

If a game's still not good and fun to play with shit graphics it was never a good game to begin with.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #84550

I'm going to chime in and try not to sound like a butthurt fan boy. Yeah i was pissed a lot about the whole shindig. Thought ya modders need money... then thought why not set up donations. Yeah maybe vale set up the 35% or not its a lot higher than some artists gets far less... My frind had a music gig in my state and he only got 9% of ticket sales for a 2 hour show.

Now to address the mods being pulled off nexus... It was more the creators pulling their shit to stop assholes from turning around to make a quick buck off their own shit.

Gabe Stumbled and he thought he was doing good. Valve fucked up he fixed it no big issue.

Stop treating shit like its the golden cow and lift it high above all.

Valve is a company they are trying to make money and offer us a service for that money. Nothing more nothing less.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84553

It's not cool to be over a hundred hours into a playthrough with a bunch of mods and shit only to find out if you want to keep playing your own game you might need to shell money out for each person who made each thing you're playing with, or else you're shit is fucked and you'll need to start over.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LunchboxKilla

Re: Horse Genitals High Resolution Mod (Skyrim General)

Post by LunchboxKilla » #84559

Valve pulled the plug on it anon
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #84566

EndgamerAzari wrote:This is one of those times when I'm hoping that I completely misunderstood the situation, because it's kind of worrying to think that a company with as much resources, experience, and manpower as Valve could make such a nearsighted decision. The whole thing just felt really slapdash from what little I knew about it.
I think this post explains it pretty well http://www.bethblog.com/2015/04/27/why- ... -on-steam/

Of course it's Bethesda's PoV so keep that in mind.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84592

I know it's been revoked I'm just further highlighting yet another reason why it was a fucking terrible terrible idea.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #84605

valve backpedaled like crazy and removed the payed mod system (if you already bought a mod you got refunded), so that's cool
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #84671

An0n3 wrote:I just want the mod to make my Skyrim looks like this please

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17137/?

It apparently let's you run Skyrim on netbooks.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #84679

looks like runescape
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #84753

It was not Valve's Idea and you need to remember Gaben does not see him self as a boss unless he needs to be. They had good intentions but it went to shit fast by the user base
Kot

Post by Kot » #84756

It's too late now, the deed is done. We shall storm Valve headquaters in search for Half Life 3, just to find it has day one DLCs, has paid mods support and will be relased in episodes.

Also, does anyone know what to do in Skyrim now except turning it into sex hell using mods?
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84760

Turn it into magic hell. Apocalypse: Magic of Skyrim is my favourite so far. All those shinies!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84764

Kot wrote:It's too late now, the deed is done. We shall storm Valve headquaters in search for Half Life 3, just to find it has day one DLCs, has paid mods support and will be relased in episodes.

Also, does anyone know what to do in Skyrim now except turning it into sex hell using mods?
Super iron man dickstomping mode.

Create a character on the hardest difficulty, install mods for starvation/thirst/sleep needs, mods for survivalism/weather, mods for more fatalities and gore, and then get your shit wrekt.

LunchboxKilla wrote:It was not Valve's Idea and you need to remember Gaben does not see him self as a boss unless he needs to be. They had good intentions but it went to shit fast by the user base

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84790

Went to shit by the user base? Try consumer base. Company does something that pisses consumers the fuck off? Yeah there might be a problem with that.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #84792

Are there any mods that increase difficulty while making combat fast and visceral? I get so fucking fed up with hp bloat being used as a method of increasing difficulty, and combat turns into 2 dudes stabbing each other in the chest for 10 minutes until one finally stops moving. I wanna try this hyper realism high difficulty thing. Any other mods you would reccomend?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #84794

The hp bloat was at least contended with by the ability to feedback loop crafting to get uber weps if using weapons. Try the totally non scaling spells combined with a stealth playstyle, pro you fucking uncatchable cons everything takes for bloody ever.
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #84930