Post by Kendrickorium » #698424

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:05 am i got baldur gate

someone tell me what to do
find the secret ring that lets you memorize more level 1 spells
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Kendrickorium » #698425

Ziiro wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:02 am By the way it's fucking bullshit you can't throw medium creatures with 18str. It takes fucking 20. Come on.
...i never thought to throw other creatures
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #698436

it's handy when dealing with creatures that explode on death. mud mephits do, and they roam in packs at times - kill one and it can be like Fireball with extra steps. I made the mistake of killing one when 7 were surrounding my barbarian friend, and we got downed from basically full health. we laughed our balls off and took a shot, made sure to be mindful afterwards.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #698553

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:48 pm
Ziiro wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:02 am By the way it's fucking bullshit you can't throw medium creatures with 18str. It takes fucking 20. Come on.
...i never thought to throw other creatures
It does a lot of damage and is very fun. Threw a teammate at a spider once and it broke the bridge the spider was on, dealing 40 damage to it. My teammate landed on the ledge so he was fine.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #698570

this games so confusing i dont know what to do
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698810

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 am this games so confusing i dont know what to do
What do you need help doing
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #698898

Lacran wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:40 am
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 am this games so confusing i dont know what to do
What do you need help doing
im in heck on a squid or something
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #698960

Just explore the ship. Hold down alt and it'll highlight stuff you might miss
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #699455

im having a lot of trouble with this game
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #699469

the dark urge so funny to me, i love it so much
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #699515

I did not warn my uptight friend(s) about The Dark Urge and just went with it. They had a few comments about weird NPC interactions before
Spoiler:
the tiefling bard from the grove joined us at camp, when I had attempted to rob her
and got murderfucked immediately after
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #699784

Rageguy505 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:45 am the dark urge so funny to me, i love it so much
I picked it up on my custom paladin for a 2 player game on a whim and I have been both horrified and laughing my ass off. The number of Dark Urge specific replies it sneaks into the average conversation and commentary without telling you is so funny.

>Walking past the goblins roasting dwarf meat.
Character: "Wow.. something smells.. good."
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #700880

i started over cuz i died at the first 3 brain enemies and with my new character i beat them and i met an elf and a wizard now i have 4 people on my team so i think i will be stronger
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #700953

im enjoying it a lot, but one thing i notice, i think the game 100% expects you to have played 5e before
they don't really explain any of the mechanics from 5e. they pretty much only explain baldurs gate specific stuff. ive been getting by fine because i've played it but i see a lot of people who haven't played it who are totally lost

im enjoying it a lot! im near the end of act 1. i like the characters & voice acting a lot. i just met the character JK Simmons voices and it's a great casting. (get it? casting?)
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #700973

I managed to
Spoiler:
talk Ketheric into atonement (kinda) and he offed himself, skipping the first part of his boss fight and letting me fight the avatar at full strength

which was pretty neat, as a paladin. I hope I run into Viconia, I miss my dark elf waifu

This might be just me, but I feel like everything I do is related to the main plot. I wish there were more interactions of "Farmer Bob lost his bucket, go into town and get him a new bucket". Yeah the world might end because of [REDACTED] but I like the little stuff too. I remember finding a little girl's lost cat (sad story) and turning a chicken into a man (or killing him). Organic interactions that have little bearing on the metaplot, but still have meaning.
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701435

so, how do we feel that its beginning to be known that its downhill after act1, with loads of cut content?
(nobody predicted this at all though??)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #701439

There will probably be a definitive edition where you can do the pregnancy rp with Minthara
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #701481

Knowing there's cut content definitely sucks but I will take them removing content for what is a damn fine game out of the box; I expect them to add it back in eventually
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #701627

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:53 pm so, how do we feel that its beginning to be known that its downhill after act1, with loads of cut content?
oh, yeah, i noticed this, i was just gonna post abt this. act 1 felt pretty long, and the game doesn't actually tell you when you go to a new act, and by the time i got to moonrise i just realized that i was mostly through the game.
im still liking it a lot, but you're right, act 1 is the strongest part. i feel like after you leave the beginning area the party talk way less, much less quests, the areas are smaller, etc etc. im in act 3 now at around 60-70 hours and it really doesn't feel like i played that much. kinda pales in comparison to a lot of other RPGs ive played. i still like the concept of dnd video game (NPCs can't have scheduling issues and bail :P). the drop in quality isn't egregiously bad or anything so i'm not too bothered over it. also the game IS fairly buggy and runs poorly

also while i love karlach, astarion, and shadowheart to death i feel like the rest of the companions suck. you're supposed to empathize with gale and wyll's dillemas but they have zero personality and don't do anything to be likeable. lae'zel actively sandbags the party the whole time in everything but combat.

end of act 2 spoilers:
► Show Spoiler
my first playthrough has been as a neutral good sorcerer, i think when i beat im gonna do a chaotic evil dark urge warlock. the gameplay is really good
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701644

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:21 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:53 pm so, how do we feel that its beginning to be known that its downhill after act1, with loads of cut content?
oh, yeah, i noticed this, i was just gonna post abt this. act 1 felt pretty long, and the game doesn't actually tell you when you go to a new act, and by the time i got to moonrise i just realized that i was mostly through the game.
im still liking it a lot, but you're right, act 1 is the strongest part. i feel like after you leave the beginning area the party talk way less, much less quests, the areas are smaller, etc etc. im in act 3 now at around 60-70 hours and it really doesn't feel like i played that much. kinda pales in comparison to a lot of other RPGs ive played. i still like the concept of dnd video game (NPCs can't have scheduling issues and bail :P). the drop in quality isn't egregiously bad or anything so i'm not too bothered over it. also the game IS fairly buggy and runs poorly

also while i love karlach, astarion, and shadowheart to death i feel like the rest of the companions suck. you're supposed to empathize with gale and wyll's dillemas but they have zero personality and don't do anything to be likeable. lae'zel actively sandbags the party the whole time in everything but combat.

end of act 2 spoilers:
► Show Spoiler
my first playthrough has been as a neutral good sorcerer, i think when i beat im gonna do a chaotic evil dark urge warlock. the gameplay is really good
good thoughts coffee. after the first 20 hours or so I put it down, and theres a good chance i wont pick it up again until the definitive comes out. its a blast, but yeah. ive got a divinity 2 playthrough i really want to finish.

i was playing a neutral good sorcerer as well! goes all the way back to the original baldurs gate taht i've enjoyed sorcerers
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #701645

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:27 pm good thoughts coffee. after the first 20 hours or so I put it down, and theres a good chance i wont pick it up again until the definitive comes out. its a blast, but yeah. ive got a divinity 2 playthrough i really want to finish.

i was playing a neutral good sorcerer as well! goes all the way back to the original baldurs gate taht i've enjoyed sorcerers
hm, why did you put it down after that long? just got bored of it, or did the drop in quality bother you that much? i think its less so a drop in quality but a drop in the amount of content, but that's just semantics. i can understand waiting for a definitive edition, though, given they just announced they want to make DLC.
what are the other baldur's gate games like? do they hold up? i was thinking abt checking them and Divinity out once i finish bg3
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #701664

The other Baldurs Gate games are legendary, I cannot recommend buying them enough
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701673

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:40 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:27 pm good thoughts coffee. after the first 20 hours or so I put it down, and theres a good chance i wont pick it up again until the definitive comes out. its a blast, but yeah. ive got a divinity 2 playthrough i really want to finish.

hm, why did you put it down after that long? just got bored of it, or did the drop in quality bother you that much? i think its less so a drop in quality but a drop in the amount of content, but that's just semantics. i can understand waiting for a definitive edition, though, given they just announced they want to make DLC.
what are the other baldur's gate games like? do they hold up? i was thinking abt checking them and Divinity out once i finish bg3
like bepis said. the original 2 are classics that everyone should play. they hold up because any good crpg dev should be using them as a gold standard.

they have the remastered versions on steam, buy them

baldurs gate 3 is basically the divinity games with less environmental effects. the first one was fantastic, the second was great.

i put it down because i got into songs of syx and starsector(again) if i sit down to play BG3 10 hours will be gone before i know it
honestly ill probably start playing it again soon so i can finish my sorc and then make an original character or play an origin when the definitive comes out
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #701676

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:13 pm like bepis said. the original 2 are classics that everyone should play. they hold up because any good crpg dev should be using them as a gold standard.

baldurs gate 3 is basically the divinity games with less environmental effects. the first one was fantastic, the second was great.

i put it down because i got into songs of syx and starsector(again) if i sit down to play BG3 10 hours will be gone before i know it
honestly ill probably start playing it again soon so i can finish my sorc and then make an original character or play an origin when the definitive comes out
great, i'll check the other larian games out once i've beaten it. tysm!
i've never heard of songs of syx, im looking it up on steam, and it kinda hurts to look at. whats it about? how long have you been playing it? seems a lot like dwarf fortress
also, i dont get the appeal of starsector... i tried it once and didn't like the controls, but i think the shipfighting mechanics are interesting. i don't see what makes people sink thousands of hours into it though
CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #701680

act 3 spoilers:
Spoiler:
what happened to mayrina's baby? she was pregnant in the swamp, but now i met her in baldur's gate, she isn't pregnant anymore and there's no mention of the child or what happened. iirc she seemed like she was late second or third trimester so i doubt it was an abortion? im just confused, could be "cut content" or whatever
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #701722

CoffeeDragon16 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:41 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:13 pm like bepis said. the original 2 are classics that everyone should play. they hold up because any good crpg dev should be using them as a gold standard.

great, i'll check the other larian games out once i've beaten it. tysm!
i've never heard of songs of syx, im looking it up on steam, and it kinda hurts to look at. whats it about? how long have you been playing it? seems a lot like dwarf fortress
also, i dont get the appeal of starsector... i tried it once and didn't like the controls, but i think the shipfighting mechanics are interesting. i don't see what makes people sink thousands of hours into it though
what! songs of syx looks beautiful, especially at night. i thought it seemed a lot like DF too at first but its more like Banished. its much more of city sim, an ACTUAL city sim where you start small with a few farms. export raw materials to survive, slowly grow infrastructure and industry. eventually you become an industrial machine importing all of your food capable of supporting thousands of people. there are numerous fantasy races that resemble tolkiens, some play nice together in your city and some not. law and order becomes necessary after awhile. the developer is currently adding 4x elements, and there is a free demo available thats usually a couple builds behind. i've been following it for the past 10 years, much like starsector, and even back in 2015 the game was very polished and playable.

honestly, i hate the combat controls of starsector. i play the battles more like king of the hill in an rts. send units to defend this control point, attack that one etc. keeping them gives you buffs. the ships are entirely capable of looking after themselves as long as you understand their role and have them properly configured for it. put an officer in command of one, its AI capabilities are enhanced. officers gain levels, letting you tailor their traits for the kind of ship you want them to pilot. it's AI also becomes increasingly more effective. there is a huge amount of customization with the ships, and the pew pews keep my eyes excited and brain happy with dopamine. the amount of mods is extensive and i'm extremely excited to see where the dev takes the story
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #701764

Honestly a shocking development
► Show Spoiler
I was genuinely expecting an act 4 tbh. Then I heard they cut out the upper city. I'm assuming that's where it was gonna be.