Starfield

Talk about video games here
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Starfield

Post by Helios » #699197

Starfield comes out September 6th.
Post any thoughts or ideas you want to steal from it here.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Starfield

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #700110

really, really hoping that we get a good, solid space game
it feels like they're so few and far between, goddamn.

I want to BELIEVE, Todd
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #700125

hoping they don't make another Preston Garvey NPC
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #700149

Starfield's available to preload now and it's around 139.8gb on steam or less on ""windows pc"" (idfk what the fuck theyre talking abt, windows store version or some shit??)

Bunch of reviewers got a review copy today, and they'll be able to talk abt it on the 30th. Fingers crossed.
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #700229

good evening,

if you intend on pre-ordering to get the 5 days early access i would recommend buying it through humble bundle if you already have a humble choice subscription. you'll get 15% off if you have your ratio in account settings set to 20% discount 0% charity.

and yes, i do support small indie developers.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #700273

I personally am waiting a few weeks for actual reviews to come out, I'm still salty over CP2077's botched release (as well as Fallout 76, fuck you Todd)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #701491

idk from what I've been seeing there's a literal shit ton of reviewers who got early access copies all the way back on the 17th- and those who've broken their NDAs havent had anything bad to say about it
embargo lifts for reviews on the 31st, a day ahead of the early access for everyone else starting on the 1st of sept
I'll spend the day looking at reviews from everyone and if it looks good I'm gonna grab it early
gotta get that mfin Todd Howard kino experience
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #701511

I'm gonna say something super controversial and predict that this game will be mid, just like FO4
Bethesda is seriously running up against technical limitations. Whether those limitations are due to their engine, or due to their engineer's incompetence is hard to say.
They couldn't figure out how to let the player control the descent onto a planet (it's a loading screen, you can't fly around on planets).
They couldn't figure out ground vehicles.
They couldn't even figure out ladders.
They also haven't figured out how to make cities that have more than 15 people milling about, or for that matter, how to make NPCs that aren't butt-fucking-ugly.
I'm sure it will be compared mostly favorably to their other games, but compared to every other AAA release, their technical abilities are embarrassing. I don't think I'm going to enjoy spending 100 hours looking through randomly-generated planets looking for randomly-generated quest items.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #701616

of course it will be mid its a bethesda game, making enormous mid games is their MO
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #702623

I have it from buying some AMD stuff, but I haven't played it because I'm busy with Armored Core VI.

I have, however, heard that it's the best state a Bethesda game has ever launched in, which is at least something?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #702646

good morning forum,

i am enjoying starfield. i will quote myself from earlier on discord to provide my opinion below...
me and zetic were saying if people want a game like star citizen or elite dangerous they're looking for the wrong game
it's very much so a bethesda rpg still
first thing a rpg before a space game
the space game element comes secondary
so stuff like manual docking of ships or stuff like that is glanced over because it's not the 'bethesda rpg' focus
if you want a bethesda rpg it's a good game
if you want a game like star citizen or elite dangerous you'll find yourself disappointed
best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #702651

Tried it, played to getting on the first ship, crashed to desktop, went back to armored core
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #703377

I've heard it's more stable than most other Bethesda games probably because Microsoft pushed them to actually QA and let it cook long enough, but it's still a Bethesda game, so even if I could afford it right now I'd still be waiting till Christmas time at least so they or modders can patch out the worst. And hopefully it being on sale.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
SkyMonster
Byond Username: Sky Monster

Post by SkyMonster » #703481

I'm about 20 hours in now. My main complaint is how fauna spawn on the planetary "cells". Boring blobs of 1-5 animals doing nothing in particular but fighting one another. The predators immediately start killing everything else. I wanted a tranquil pre-storm Jurassic Park like experience, instead I'm walking through an exo-biological rage cage. Please Todd, tell the predators to chill the fuck out.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #703872

Anyone else getting some serious performance issues?