Does anyone play MTGA?

Talk about video games here
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Does anyone play MTGA?

Post by kayozz » #703345

Magic the gathering arena? Does anyone play it and want to have some friendly matches?
The days of spending money on paper cards are long gone, so this is a cheaper (i.e free) alternative.

I mainly play 'historic' and seem to have the most success playing a colourless construct deck which has gotten me to the top ranks previously.

I'd be curious in hearing what deck types you've all managed to create.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Does anyone play MTGA?

Post by Nabski » #703374

I started playing it when new kamigawa was announced and enjoyed how easy it was to get cards compared to hearthstone or other digital games and especially compared to paper. I just play standard and have been leaning on a blue black too many Planeswalker proliferation deck lately. I don't bother with rank other than to slap out some matches each month to get to gold and get free packs.
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Re: Does anyone play MTGA?

Post by kayozz » #703390

Yeah you can get a decent amount of free cards/decks everyday if you play it carefully. It's a really good format.
Nothing wrong with blue/black. Blue being my favourite colour tbh.
I guess my second best deck is my blue 'clone' deck which basically copies the opponent's deck, be that creatures, enchantments, artifacts etc... In fact I'd say it's far more satisfying for my humble self to be defeating an opponent with their own deck than it is to fluke it with my own well-built one.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT