Endless Space - Space Lord galaxy grabbin' LP

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Endless Space - Space Lord galaxy grabbin' LP

Post by Timbrewolf » #85435

Now that I'm not involved with this circus anymore I got more time to play games and edit vidya.

We had a lot of fun playing Endless Space once as a group, so I figured I'd focus on that for my next project.

Behold; we're going to rule the galaxy or die trying:

[youtube]ASLaI0Xec_w[/youtube]

Any feedback regarding presentation or audio/video doodads or narrative or gameplay is appreciated. Root for your dudes.

Beyond that though if any of you have ever wanted to do anything similar to this but haven't figured out the magic of audio/video recording, editing, and encoding but would like to know more feel free to ask here. I've been doing this kind of crap (live streaming and just plain recording) for like...5-6 years now...? Across 3-4 channels with another new project on the way. A few of you guys have already approached me and we've talked about doing some joint stuff but if you've been thinking about doing some kind of video project (it doesn't have to be video games, even) but need some production know-how this is a good opportunity to ask.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Re: Endless Space - Space Lord galaxy grabbin' LP

Post by DrPillzRedux » #85445

Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless when?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85448

M-muh chronology. Endless Space was first, if I'm going to do all three I've gotta do them in order
Spoiler:
Also I need to acquire a legitimate copy of Endless Legend
I'm going to insert a quick recap and run through of some of the game's features at the start of the next video because I falsely assumed the only people who would ever want to watch this would be hardcore game experts who have a million hours of Endless Space under their belts. I need to correct myself for calling Dungeon of the Endless "Endless Dungeon" and explain some of the basics of FIDS and victory conditions to the rest of the people watching.

Not sure if I should do that at the start of Episode 2 or make a quick aside video that's a brief rundown of this stuff. Probably just do it at the start of Episode 2 and mention "Skip ahead if you know this stuff to XX:XX for the actual epsiode!"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #85450

Distant Worlds: Universe. Best space game ever, bro.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #85451

Endless Legend > Endless Space
Also Roving Clans ftw.

Distant Worlds is good too, except sometimes (most of the time) it's a rollercoaster you have no chance to control.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85452

I've tried it (Distant Worlds) but it's just too damn large and it reaches a point where you just call it as a win/loss rather than ever finishing a game.

I like Endless Space because it has a lot of depth but it's also a game that doesn't take you weeks to finish a game of.

I'm a huge...huuuuuuuuuuuuge fan of Twilight Imperium
Spoiler:
and Endless Space is the closest videogame analog of it I've ever played. Incidentally, I'm starting a four-man board games review/editorials show with a bunch of local folks. We're shooting for something like the Red-Letter Media/Giant Bomb of board games, and we should start shooting our first bits of content within the next two weeks.

But yeah Endless Legend plays great single player, I haven't had a chance to play it multi yet. I'm one of the few people who really like Endless Space's battle resolution and I'm not as impressed with what I've played of Endless Legend's. Also they fucked up FIDSI. It stands for Food, Industry, Dust, Science, Influence, but in the game the bars are actually displayed in the order of Food, Industry, Science, Dust, Influence. CONSISTENCY DAMMIT!

EDIT: I'm surprised nobody has complained yet that I didn't abuse the Pilgrim's racial ability to shuffle around my colonies, or that I've been kinda dumb (shaking off the cobwebs, I swear) when it comes to setting up my exploitations and shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #85454

An0n3 wrote:Pilgrims
You've lost already :^)
An0n3 wrote:I'm surprised nobody has complained yet that I didn't abuse the Pilgrim's racial ability to shuffle around my colonies
IMO it's not that a great idea in general, especially at the early game, but it can have uses.
An0n3 wrote:I've been kinda dumb (shaking off the cobwebs, I swear) when it comes to setting up my exploitations and shit.
I was going to until you beat me to it; more food = more pop = more IDS, always best to make food exploitation after colonization.

Also I'd suggest you tech up your exploitations as quick as you can.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85455

While having a lot of FIDS is great, you can't win the galaxy with them alone.

I'm trying to rush my expansion/exploration techs first so that I can use my racial ability to pick up some developed colonies and then stab them down on the map like tent-stakes at my neighbors' doorsteps.

While it's logical that more research or industry will get that done faster, and more food will accrue industry and science faster, there's a point at which you need to stop preparing for the strategy and start employing the strategy.

You'd be surprised how often I'm left in the dust (literally, because I never spend the stuff) on FIDS in multiplayer games yet win the day or at the very least remain a major player up until the end.

There's a concept in RTS and 4X games called "Sim Base" players. People who just want to build up and build up and build up all this really excellent potential, that only turns over into action when provoked. All that force wont do you shit if you can't project it. All your research wont amount to much if you aren't intelligently equipping your ships with those modules and deploying them to greet your neighbors. By focusing on expansion as top priority I get to try to take the first bites out of my competitions' landscapes before they get to these systems themselves, and they're bites I'll be equipped to chew when I'm dropping fully developed and populated colonies on their doorsteps.

In the early game you could focus on improving the colonies you have and upgrading your exploitations but, as an empire, I think you're better suited at trying to rush out and chomp up as much of the map as possible. Stake your claims while it's anybody's map. While someone else will have single planets in their handful of system that are really pumping out the FIDS I'd rather have more systems with more colonized planets carving out a bigger swathe. You can fight me for 'em later, and you'll probably win a few with your singular superior forces...but the ability to project a higher volume and the potential for more massed FIDS swinging back at you in repercussion typically wins out.

I should add though that we're both right on this, we just have different preferences and change it up based on what race we're playing. If I was playing Sophons or Sowers I would be more focused on investing in the systems I already had and less on the "land rush" that I'm currently aiming for. It's exemplary of how diverse Endless Space is and how many different ways you can play the game. I know I'm kind of preaching to the choir on that, a lot of us here already have this game and have even played it together, but if by some random chance you're here in the spessmens clusterfuck but haven't heard of Endless Space or played it yet bruh you gotta get on that shit.

Typically I play much more aggressive, warlike races such as the Hissho, Cravers, or Human Empire. What you're seeing in this LP is me adopting my "gobble everything up, then come to your door and punch you in the face to drink your milkshake too" playstyle to a race that is all gung-ho for making big early grabs at the map...but is comparatively much less tenacious when it comes to taking stuff others already have and may have some issues holding onto what they've taken. Fingers crossed, dis gon b good.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #85462

anon

host a 12 person Dungeon of the Endless game

please
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85463

It's been a long time since I played Dungeon of the Endless.

It didn't even have multiplayer back then.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85464

Yeah endless things good. Fills the hole sots left in my heart by crashing and burning.

Been doing more legend guess I should get back into the original.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #85491

Infinite Space is far superior that any other spess game
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #85493

You mean Distant Worlds Universe?

Once you can command a galactic spanning empire on full manual control, you'll have earned the title of 4x master.

So long as you set the victory conditions to something reasonable it's a blast.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85500

Pretty sure none of us is in deep enough to play Aurora so this one-upsmanship isn't going anywhere interesting.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #85503

Aurora ain't too bad but I much prefer something with a bit more substance graphics wise, I give Dwarf Fortress a pass simply because the few good texture packs help carry the weight of the shitty interface.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #85504

Few of us in the IRC played Aurora

Not for long as far as I know
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #85534

Kot wrote:Endless Legend > Endless Space
Seconded. Skip ahead to the better game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85538

Incomptinence wrote:Pretty sure none of us is in deep enough to play Aurora so this one-upsmanship isn't going anywhere interesting.
I've played it but I agree with Steelpoint. It's all crunch and no substance. In Dorf Fort your reward for learning to play it is some really crazy and amazing stories and interactions between your dwarves and eachother or the environment they're in. Aurora is nowhere near as rich once you've dug deep to the veins of gaming goodness. It's all menu mining and no gold.
Kor wrote:
>Hobbit prefers fantasy game over sci-fi game
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #85550

An0n3 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Pretty sure none of us is in deep enough to play Aurora so this one-upsmanship isn't going anywhere interesting.
I've played it but I agree with Steelpoint. It's all crunch and no substance. In Dorf Fort your reward for learning to play it is some really crazy and amazing stories and interactions between your dwarves and eachother or the environment they're in. Aurora is nowhere near as rich once you've dug deep to the veins of gaming goodness. It's all menu mining and no gold.
Kor wrote:
>Hobbit prefers fantasy game over sci-fi game
If it was Wh40k then ok, but it's weird Mary Sue self-insert weaboo so mehhhhh.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #85633

I remember when it was us versus the universe in that one game we played, Anon.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85637

Reyouka wrote:I remember when it was us versus the universe in that one game we played, Anon.
Only barely. I think you had just gotten the game...? That was even longer ago...

-------------------------------

I've got a vidya going up that's like a walkthrough for what all this shit means in the game. If the idea of conquering a small galaxy sounds cool to you but you don't know what the fuck you're looking at, check it out. if you're trying to follow along but not sure what the hell "FIDS" is or why any of it matters this will help.

If you've played the game a bit there's probably nothing to learn and you can just skip over it. I should have the next part of the playthrough up sometime tomorrow.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #85650

An0n3 wrote:-snip-
Have you played the vaulters? They're great for large empires.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #85728

An0n3 wrote:
Reyouka wrote:I remember when it was us versus the universe in that one game we played, Anon.
Only barely. I think you had just gotten the game...? That was even longer ago...

I've got a vidya going up that's like a walkthrough for what all this shit means in the game. If the idea of conquering a small galaxy sounds cool to you but you don't know what the fuck you're looking at, check it out. if you're trying to follow along but not sure what the hell "FIDS" is or why any of it matters this will help.

If you've played the game a bit there's probably nothing to learn and you can just skip over it. I should have the next part of the playthrough up sometime tomorrow.

Actually I've owned Endless Space since it first came out, I just never played it much. It was the one game we ran were we all kept spamming 'top kek' constantly.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85729

Reyouka wrote:
An0n3 wrote:

Actually I've owned Endless Space since it first came out, I just never played it much. It was the one game we ran were we all kept spamming 'top kek' constantly.
I have a hard time remembering who was in that game beyond Myroc's spaghetti moments:

[youtube]uHy_4dfgTZA[/youtube]

FUCK YOU SPACE NATO YOU CANT EMBARGO OUR KEKS
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85739

Sir Topham Kek
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85743

Next episode is up! We meet our neighbors. They aren't very nice people. This neighborhood sucks.

[youtube]qLIQczY2obo[/youtube]

Watch these in 720p60 for best vishools.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #85753

Also Roving Clans ftw.
Eh, Broken Lords or Wild Walkers are my cup of tea.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85756

Cultists break the latest expansion over their knees. Oh wonders and building tall pffft look at all this extra pop I got having one bloody city and getting convert pop PING done! Only trouble is getting the strategic resources for the damn things but cultists is pretty much selling of shit you don't need personified. They are basically super districts and I managed to monopolize every last one and level them to three getting disgusting bonuses.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85758

I'd like to play that game more eventually or try multiplayer but I haven't gotten into it too much.

I've only played as the Ardent Mages. The Drakken dudes look really cool. I'm interested to see how forcing alliances and shit on people can work out in a game. I'm glad there's finally some kind of mechanic for that.
Twilight Imperium has a really cool function in the political phase where you can sanction people and force them into treaties and shit so someone going totally gung-ho military all the way can get parried and fucked over by someone who is good at political manipulation.

Barely any videogames ever capture the idea that "the pen is mightier than the sword" in that regard. CK2 has some intrigue shit you can do but that's a Grand Strategy game and a different beast.
Any ability to straight up politically veto or nullify someone's aggression towards you is fucking great. Diplomacy makes the world go round.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #85780

Steelpoint wrote:You mean Distant Worlds Universe?
I don't think anyone would pay $60 for a 5 year old game when true autism is free.

I wanna play more endless space multiplayer with my infinite money again.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85782

I've noticed a bunch of people seem to be inspired to pick up Endless Spess again since I started playing this. We could get some multiplayer action in again.

We'd need to organize it ahead of time though: to play a game of Endless Spess multiplayer kinda requires everyone to agree to a day and time every week to play the damn game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #85820

I'd be up for Endless Legend after Friday, my paycheck drops then and I've been planning forever to pick it up. Endless Space, maybe. My work schedule isn't stable at all.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #85824

An0n3 wrote:I have a hard time remembering who was in that game beyond Myroc's spaghetti moments:
You were red Hissho North Korea
Rey was teal Automaton backwater
I was green Sower territorial jumble
Upgradecap was blue United Empire NATO spokesman
Myroc was yellow Sophon tech-induced space nirvana
Dezzmont was yellow Horatio professional argument starter
Forum Admin
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85898

I've tried to figure out a way to record something like that so that we could possibly capture the "table talk" and the side chat as well. A big part of the game's multiplayer is wheeling, dealing, and arguing with other players.

That game got off the rails at the end. Was it maybe Myroc who oppressed you guys into being his bitches and forking over all your goodies? The NATO block was a sham and our valiant North Korean defenders watched as one of you subsumed all the others in shackles and then came knocking on our peaceful skeleton realm.

[youtube]Co6d3h-NpS8[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86063

Damn this one ran a bit long. Open galactic warfare is srs bsns.

[youtube]nku8L-qEIJ0[/youtube]

Bonus points if you can identify all the dogs barking and people in my neighborhood yelling at eachother and playing basketball. I had left a window open and I'm not sure I was able to eliminate all the background audio.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #86127

This has been sitting in my backlog for a while. I might dust it off, or I could try to get into StarDrive 2 again. We'll see, we'll see.
/vg/station Head Admin
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86287

We could try to setup some fast as fuck multiplayer game. Set speed to fast, smallish galaxy, get right to mixing it up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #86429

An0n3 wrote:We could try to setup some fast as fuck multiplayer game. Set speed to fast, smallish galaxy, get right to mixing it up.
I'll reinstall it sometime soon. If you ever see me online on steam and feel like getting it going give me a shout out.
/vg/station Head Admin
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86589

>crushing the shit out of your enemies
>they "offer" you a cease fire
>refuse to give you any money, territory, research, or other compensation

[youtube]RgXB-xyLFzk[/youtube]

Your offer only makes my murderboner grow stiffer and meaner
If I wasn't going to fuck your people to extinction I am definitely doing that now
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #86701

Is there a way to see my disharmony modifier when playing harmony?

Been being crystals. Far as I can tell their mind body slider is mostly a trap and the main thing to do is just focus on industry. Build it all you keep it for free i guess.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86766

Isn't your system's approval rating basically your disharmony modifier when playing as Harmony?

I've never tried to use them, they seem way too gimmicky for me and that's coming from someone who loves playing as the Cravers.

Actually speaking of Cravers...

[youtube]JU6x6hIGskg[/youtube]

Never had any idea these guys were such pains in the ass to fight against.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #86870

I might be wrong but I remember not being able to find it when I played them, I also remember not being able to notice if it actually had any effect at all.

Disharmony are another one of those races that start weak but end up absurdly powerful if they're left alone. Just like the Sophons the best way to deal with them is before they can fight back.
Forum Admin
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #86891

Ah I found it. Really obscure only pops up if you hover the mouse over your fis in system to see the modifiers. Only shows what is lost not what the percentage is etc etc. Negligible but then I was avoiding dust rich worlds probably not worth teching to get rid of. You can probably bum rush a whole constellation and not care. Not sure the dust negating improvement would be worth it, maybe tranform em eventually instead I dunno.

The mind body slider is mostly a trap as I thought enough in either to give you a leg up is quite crippling. Important stuff, no upkeep, industy to food conversion and resonant ships.

The first is probably the only way their no repair no upgrade fleets will stand the muster spam em with wide load industry. prioritise industry hugely you can turn it into food and while resonant ships eventually becomes irrelevant in late game it lets you boost up colonies in hostile areas which you thrive in because hey no morale. Flounder around until they get that max pop 50% all booster (noice) and gas giant colonisation sure one of the three is shit to you but just tapping dat smelly methanus and multiplying (no sado) it is power. Do not touch body slider to get pop just have industry to turn to food at least till you have ton of planets full then I guess you can multiplier your sci up. You are good with strategics so game for your abundances use the exploitation if you need to, hey if you can't repair ships at least get em cheap. Probably suited to late military victory without upkeep industry is unleashed and you can just shit out ships forever.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sun May 10, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86926

I play as Cravers. My preferred tactics are

[youtube]hPkHi1Jrc_c[/youtube]

I could try hosting a multiplayer game again sometime but we'll have to put the clock on fast and make the galaxy smallish with lots of connections.
Jordie wrote:-snip-
The newer military options ensure that Sophons need to be a lot more defense minded than in the past. Their major drawback (having reduced system defenses) is a lot more pronounced now that you can use troops to instantly invade and take over systems. They're highly susceptible to smallish fleets (2-3 ships) of troop carrier/bomber type invaders coming through and conquering all their shit.

Sowers are inarguably the worst race in the game. Their ability to rapidly expand and claim territory all over the place doesn't mean dick when anyone can just wardec them for free, or take advantage of cold war status to invade their outposts. They've got this great ability to land rush but no ability to actually keep anything they grab. A smart, growth minded Pilgrims or UE player can play very similarly but have better traits for fending off anyone who comes knocking later.

Hissho are the best IMO. Their affinity bonus can easily spiral out of control and turn them into a table-clearing bulldozer. If they go on an invasion spree they can stack a potential +60% to all FIDS across their entire empire and suddenly they're producing more research than the Sophons, more industry than the UE, more food than the Horatio, and more dust than the Sheredyn. Not to mention a +20% damage bonus to all weapons and more potential boosts/free experience/etc. from their racial tech. If you pick your first target well and fight well against them you get setup to stomp your way through the rest of the board like it aint no thing.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #86976

Oh weird the harmony industry to food thing and harmony exploitation to get +1 on a deposit meaning they only need 2 of a resource to get exploitation aren't listed on their wiki even dunno when those were added in they are cool tho.

Yeah playing a game would be nice I guess not got experience in fast 1v1 me bro size galaxies.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87009

I've been asking around for good settings for having a multiplayer game that progresses at a decent clip without being claustrophobic.

Current suggestion is to just use the regular galaxy setup with the regular number of players and all but to just set the game speed to fast.

If there's a night during the upcoming week when people are free to commit to an entire evening of SPESS BATTEL I'm down.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87767

100 years of galactic warfare! Updoots!

[youtube]533P5uxPYHI[/youtube]

[youtube]vbwIl8E-WGI[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #89650

Ended space again?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90010

No just delayed because of some IRL shit. I have the next episode ready to go for Monday.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #90133

I meant more the people playing together but okay.