Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Talk about video games here
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by DemonFiren » #284140

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lumbermancer wrote:God damn I fucking knew it. Ayy lmao.
Just wait till you see what's inside the structure on the island.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #284363

Yes.
Spoiler:
I did explore the space canon island, I went into the underground but didn't have another purpole doom key to open field after using gravity elevator. So of course I turned on a god damn Stargate and teleported to second island on the other side. It was cool because it had lots of shit to scan like growbeds and habitat modules.
I totally forgot to bring a knife though, so the whole time (I think it was 3 ingame days) I was dodging and tanking those fucking crabs, and using glider as a flashlight as well.

On an unrelated note, I crafted the reinforced suit. Unfortunately I forgot I was wearing lead suit the whole time, so I build my underwater base right inside the radioactive zone. Oh well.
Ricotez wrote:You can also drop a beacon if you want to return there later, that's what I did so I'd be able to find it back.
The second island has a ping directly below it, so I guess you can go from there.

Also, are the maps randomly generated? I was looking up the wikipedia, and all the biomes and points of interests there are marked with coordinates.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #284372

Well that's disappointing.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284376

Don't be a pussy and go to the Aurora.

Better bring a Seamoth and some supplies, though.

Spoiler:
Also, two artifacts can be found on the first island you visited, and a third in the central habitat on the second island. Those should be enough to open her up. Be sure to scan the artifacts, by the way.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #284387

I've already visited Aurora. Got some blueprints at the cliffside, but I need something better to fight the sand sharks.

I don't know what Seamoth is but I don't have it. Won't be reading spoilers.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284412

Lumbermancer wrote:I've already visited Aurora. Got some blueprints at the cliffside, but I need something better to fight the sand sharks.

I don't know what Seamoth is but I don't have it. Won't be reading spoilers.
That particular spoiler contained the locations of three purple artifacts. You already got one of those, and you already visited every place where those artifacts could be found.

The Seamoth is a vehicle.
Sandsharks are not meant to be fought, none of the wildlife really is.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #284432

The Cyclops is such a pain in the ass to use, Jesus Christ. I thought that this thing would be really comfy, but I just keep smashing into everything.
I'm glad I'm not playing on Experimental, I probably would've already wrecked mine on the way to the
Spoiler:
ayy disease research facility.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284438

Git gud, and use cameras.

This thing is super comfy once you've become an interior designer.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #284552

I have a question, is the new precursor buildings in the lost river and stuff only in the experimental or is it in the current stable as well? I want to see it all but i also heard they made it so Reapers can damage the cyclops in the experimental build and I really dont want to have to deal with that
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284556

It was in experimental before the update, so it should be in stable now.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284569

My base is coming along nicely. I decided to stay in the Safe Shallows near Lifepod 5 (for now) because it's in the center of everything, in case of emergencies I have Lifepod 5 right there, and I can swim outside for longer than 30 seconds without something trying to chomb my limbs, suck my blood, fuck my mind or feel me up with tentacles.
Spoiler:
I just finished an expedition into the Aurora. I looted the place and fixed the warp drive so I can stop living next to a nuclear wasteland. Next on the agenda is finding the Alien Containment blueprints so I no longer have to Will E. Coyote after fish every time I get hungry.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284592

This is an absurdly large base.
Then again, I generally tend to build just large enough not to be uncomfy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284599

Well, I really wanted to give this place a headquarters kind of feel. A base that has everything I need to just mess around without having to care about anything, where I can retreat to when I need to recover from the mental scars I obtained in the depths of the ocean.
Spoiler:
For example, I was in the Grand Reef for the Alien Containment scans and found a few aluminum oxide crystals, so I left the Seamoth to harvest them. It was night and I was pretty deep, so the water around me was absolutely pitch black and the lights of the Seamoth didn't penetrate it very far.

As I was swimming around I heard a faint thump, as if someone was hitting a big drum. But because it sounded very distant, I didn't really pay much attention to it.

Then it grew louder, and louder.

Then I saw a big shape in the darkness. It moved.

I spent the rest of the evening redecorating my base.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284600

Grand Reef?
Don't worry, the really scary shit there doesn't go thump.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #284621

>Base in the shallows
>Not at 600m underwater

That's okay though, I still think it looks nice
And I imagine the view there is probably better too
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #284645

Building my new base in the grand reef next to some thermal vents for infinite power. Trying to get the massive amount of titanium needed for my moonpool and upgrade station
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #284664

Build your base in the mountains you pussy.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284779

this game sure loves making windows a federal fucking issue, I don't want half my base to consist of featureless reinforced white corridors ;_;
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284789

[youtube]759MA0hGbxY[/youtube]

theme song of the Safe Shallows

Spoiler:
[youtube]bYJGt67Mwmo[/youtube]

theme song of the depths
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #284835

Theme song for 500m and lower.

[youtube]JfQ6dqa8tIo[/youtube]
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #284839

The big things in the depths that make the loud noises are friendly.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284846

XSI wrote:>Base in the shallows
>Not at 600m underwater

That's okay though, I still think it looks nice
And I imagine the view there is probably better too
>600m
>not 900m next to the pretty tree in the pretty cave with the pretty stingrays
Spoiler:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #284862

>building a base in the lost river
You're fucked if/when they add this thing.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284867

I thought those were supposed to patrol the Void.

Besides, I don't think they fit through the opening to the tree cave-cove-grove-thingy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #284872

Man I hope that is not the void monster. I was picturing the void monster to be some kind of super reaper all fucked up and bloated with the Carar bacterium, and all you ever see are its eyes before it fucking destroys your cyclops and kills you. The void would be way less scary if the only threat glowed brightly
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284881

Not a Reaper, probably.
Some kind of Leviathan, but not a Reaper. Reapers are for fucking with the Seamoth.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #284890

Didnt they plan to add the sea emperor or some shit to the void?
The thing that has in-world blurbs about it eating reaper leviathans

Also, base approved. Looks sweet
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284892

is multiplayer on the planned feature list at all?
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #284894

No.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #284906

aw, that's a shame, this really seems like the kind of game that would be a blast to play cooperatively
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #284926

On one hand having another player to share the load with, as well as ride along with you in the Cyclops sub would be pretty awesome, but it would also probably reduce immersion somewhat
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #284928

Why, there's multiple people on your ship when it goes down.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #284935

I mean immersion breaking in that I will be less absorbed in starting at the foggy water and listening for the slightest sound of a predator if i have a friend i can see nearby to chat with. Maybe less intense or scary was a better way to put it, i dunno.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #285237

Next time, when you tell me to go to Aurora, can you also warn me about the Megaworms, thanks.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285240

Reaper Leviathan just wants a hug.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285263

CosmicScientist wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Reaper Leviathan just wants a hug.
Vore is not a hug.
Internal hug.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285296

Came across this screenshot on the official forums.
Spoiler:
Who caught who now, bitch
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285298

fucking owned
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285365

If this shit is legit, if there is video of it happening, nice.
If this happened in survival, holy fuck.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285366

It is most likely that he mostly finished the cage, baited the monster in a small opening and then quickly swam around to place the final piece and lock him in. That or he just spawned it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285369

I figured as much, yes.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285410

I finally found the final parts I needed for the Cyclops. This thing is pretty amazing, but holy shit is it hard to drive. I accidentally smashed my Moonpool to pieces because I kept slamming into it with the tail.

I also upgraded my Seamoth to be able to go down to 900m. Now that I can go basically anywhere I please in this ocean, I suddenly feel like I don't know what to do next.
Spoiler:
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #285411

Ricotez wrote:I finally found the final parts I needed for the Cyclops. This thing is pretty amazing, but holy shit is it hard to drive. I accidentally smashed my Moonpool to pieces because I kept slamming into it with the tail.

I also upgraded my Seamoth to be able to go down to 900m. Now that I can go basically anywhere I please in this ocean, I suddenly feel like I don't know what to do next.
There's deeper.

And maybe set your cyclops up with the good shit, interior growbeds, fabricators, like 50 lockers, that sort of shit.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285423

Haevacht wrote:There's deeper.
Spoiler:
Haevacht

Post by Haevacht » #285436

Ricotez wrote:
Haevacht wrote:There's deeper.
-snip-
And I built a base there.

Need to make a run for creepvine seeds though.

EDIT: So I encountered a new 'friend'.
Spoiler:
AAHHHHHHHH

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285540

Set engines to ramming speed. Dick that Moby.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285550

So what exactly are the teleporting squid-like things I've been seeing around in a lot of places?
Spoiler:
Haevacht

Post by Haevacht » #285551

Ricotez wrote:So what exactly are the teleporting squid-like things I've been seeing around in a lot of places?
Evil. A shank or a prawunch makes em back off.

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285553

I thought those were the Reaper Leviathans at first. I only recently realized they're way too small for that.

Which also means I have yet to actually run into a Reaper Leviathan.

Spoiler:
jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #285557

If you want to see a Reaper, go hang out by the Aurora. You'll know when you see one.
The teleporting things are fittingly called "Warpers".
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285589

jaxy15 wrote:If you want to see a Reaper
why on Earth
Spoiler: