Post by Maccus » #90818

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Those people that wear that awful kid-from-Home-Improvement haircut
Spoiler:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Re: The Wizarder 3: A Polish Dating Game

Post by Kot » #90849

Maccus wrote:>Those people that wear that awful kid-from-Home-Improvement haircut
It looks fucking ugly and doesn't even fit the character. What the fuck people.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #90860

Big beard + shaved with pony tail master race.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #90918

"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Kot

Post by Kot » #90926

Oh yeah, I wanted to do that, but it got removed after I left the palace. How do I keep it/get it back?
Also this game makes me kind of proud since now Poland is not only good at hydraulics and potato farming, it's also good at games. Though I pity you that you have to play in English. Apparently you guys won't get 1/3 of injokes, references and stuff.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Balut

Post by Balut » #90951

Kot wrote:
Oh yeah, I wanted to do that, but it got removed after I left the palace. How do I keep it/get it back?
Also this game makes me kind of proud since now Poland is not only good at hydraulics and potato farming, it's also good at games. Though I pity you that you have to play in English. Apparently you guys won't get 1/3 of injokes, references and stuff.
Drop it someplace and pick it up, I am told.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #91014

Kot wrote:
The great thing about international companies with loads of money is they hire writers to make it so that every culture they provide games to can find it well-written. CDProjekt nailed it. The setting is still not your average American or British fantasy, and it still works.

I make fun of Poland a lot but you guys really nailed this game.
Spoiler:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91053

Maccus wrote:
Kot wrote:
The great thing about international companies with loads of money is they hire writers to make it so that every culture they provide games to can find it well-written. CDProjekt nailed it. The setting is still not your average American or British fantasy, and it still works.
Yeah it is, but it's still hard since more eastern mythologies often don't have a good replacement for slavic ones, so it's translated... well, close enough but not being the same. Even the title, while theoretically meaning the same, doesn't carry the same... well, meaning. Hunt is well, a hunt. While Gon itself is old Polish word, it's very rarely used, if ever. It doesn't really mean hunt, it's more the act of chase, also carrying all this supernatural suggestion. Though I have to admit, some of Polish voice actors are fucking joke. Secondary or even tetriary (I'M LOOKING AT YOU YOU TINY, LITTLE GIRLY VOICE, RUDE PEASANT HERBALIST (not Tomira, she's cool) IN WHITE GARDEN) characters voices are better, though I don't really fancy playing Polish game with English dub.
On the other hand, this.
[youtube]lMvAAfPs0UE[/youtube]
Skyrim (or other games) laughable bards can't even be compared to this. It's so much better in every possible language.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #91055

I decided to adopt a new stance in the game, and am now happily murdering everyone possible, including main characters if the opportunity is presented.
I play Boris Pepper.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91062

Continuing my full-on signs galore playthrough. Up to Enhanced Griffin gear and something like +120% sign potency.

Using the alternative Igni sign on people is so satisfying. GERALT USED FLAMETHROWER. ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Axii's upgrade is pretty ridiculous as well. You mind control someone to fight for you temporarily. Against groups of shitty humans and things it's not great but you'd be surprised how much damage a single human guy can do to his friends when they aren't paying attention to him.
Spoiler:
I did the one sidequest where the werewolf girl leads her bandits into town. Started the fight by mind controlling her when she transformed. Sat back and watch her eat all of her friends, then slaughtered here before she could recover. Fucking hilarious.
I'm told if you really want to break the game though going into the Alchemy tree and focusing on bombs is the secret. Your grapeshot bombs end up exploding into submunitions that also explode, resulting in holy handgrenade like devastation and body parts flying everywhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91064

And you have like 7 of each type of grenade, each capable of killing a good group of enemies. You basically point at anything at it explodes with all the friends it has. Seven times. Then you just meditate and proceed on exploding things.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91109

Yeah, and your potions all give you random bonus effects and health in addition to their normal effects.

Using oil begins to deflect damage from the enemy the oil does bonus damage to.

Alchemy has some really impressive shit in it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91110

TBH, if you put all the points in certain tree, any of them can be pretty powerful. Upgrading dem melee seems to make it do RIDICULOUS amounts of damage, AFAIK you could even turn the crossbow into something more useful.

Also dose green mutagen bonus health, you can have incredible amounts of it.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91113

Something that's now beginning to frustrate me- with certain monsters, the combat feel less fluid because there attacks don't have any sort of tell before they go off, which leads to forced pre-emptive dodging. This isn't a bad thing PER SE, but it just doesn't "feel" good for me- it feels like a man poking something from far away with a long stick rather than an elegant ballet of steel and blood.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91123

You get into a lot of "cartwheel forward to stab once and then immediately roll away" fights because it's not on the level of a Souls game or MonHun in terms of enemies having tells while also being inconsistent on what you can interrupt or stagger them with and what you can't.

Go fight a Gargoyle or something. Sometimes you can stab it right out of its windup and go nuts combo'ing it. Sometimes it doesn't give a fuck and it just slaps you in the dick with ROCK PUNCH.

The worst part of the combat IMO is how inconsistent the parry/riposte shit is when fighting anyone or anything. You can hold it to parry some attacks randomly. Guy with a sword? Sure can! Wolf biting you? Sure can! Drowner slapping at you? Uhh...no...for some reason you have to dodge that or get hit. Guy with an axe? No you have to riposte that because the hitbox on it is fucking retarded. Also randomly he will riposte you, but not in any kind of elegant way just that if you try to hammer on him and get through his block his animation will snap to a frame of him holding his axe up and your screen will get all fucking fuzzy for a moment.

I'm a century old monster hunter jacked up on mutagens and shit. I'm ripped as fucked and I'm juicin on this thunderbolt like the Ultimate Warrior. A peasant with an axe is still stronger than me, can stagger me more than I stagger him, etc.

EDIT: Like no seriously use the Axii sign on a soldier and watch him fight other sodliers. They one-shot eachother because of how high their damage output is compared to yours. You can possess a Drowner or something and watch it turn around and kill a Water Hag in two swipes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91154

Update: Fleet-Footed is hillarious. At rank one, it's pointless. At rank 2, it's OK. At rank 3, it's decent. At rank 4, it's passable. At rank 5, it makes you a god

The combat flows a lot better when you have 100% i-frames while dodging, since you can alt-dodge through attacks and counter everything.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91155

Sounds fun but why dodge attacks when you can Quen?

Layers of shield enemies have to peel off, and when they break them they take damage and get knocked to the floor so you can just walk over and execute them. Alternatively you hold down the button so anyone trying to hit you just heals you instead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91166

I generally haven't seen Quen shields last more than one or at most two hits, and I have +90% Quen Intensity. I'm playing on Death March, though.

Also I like to use my stamina for the Yrden sentry gun, Igni flamethrower, and Puppet.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91180

I haven't gotten the second form of Yrden yet. Is it good?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91184

It's FANTASTIC. It only costs 1/2 the stamina bar to use, and it zaps an enemy about every second in a fuckhuge radius for quite good damage (comparable to the Igni burst). PLUS, it disintegrates arrows and whatnot that go through it, which makes it REALLY useful for dealing with obnoxious archers.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91444

LOOOOL
Spoiler:
I got to Skellige finally after years of dicking around. Got to the sex scene with Yen.
The thing is, during the fight right before that cutscene I drank a bunch of potions.
So we're in this romantic sex scene between Geralt and Yen but Geralt has all these giant sickly purple veins all over his face.
It was blatantly obvious that his head texture did not match the rest of his body and turned the whole thing really stupid.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #91489

New DLCs released.

If you don't buy the Kenny Loggins hair for Geralt we're not friends
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91505

They call them "Mutton Chops" but it's actually a Lemmy sideburns+mustache combo.

Rad.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #91510

I suck at the combat in this, which is a shame, because I'd like to progress a lot faster than I currently am. Kind of losing my motivation to play.

The story, voice acting and writing isn't great to be honest. It's kind of dull and uninspired. I'm mainly interested in playing for the setting, and the art direction.
Remie Richards wrote:Watching Jesse cox play since he's my goto youtuber for "loot the everything" games with lots of lore.
It looks nice, but I did notice a lot of detail pop-in.
Like in the first scene with Vesemir, it shows a really low poly model and it quickly catches up with itself but it's noticeable and jarring.
So then Garshasp wakes up... and then his skin does.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91514

Kill two viking shitheads in self defense
Village confronts me, say I will have to defend myself in front of the lord or kill all of them
Game wont let me just kill all of them
Jarl judges me guilty for murder anyway
Orders me to pay the weight of silver for the two dead fucksticks to their equally fucktarded Dad
Pays him in my stead
Tells me I'm now bound by honor to help him with something
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91575

Fuck candles.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91600

I haven't really noticed the Candle Problem.

What difficulty are you guys playing on, incidentally? I'm on Death March, as mentioned earlier, though I'm questioning if that actually adds anything to the game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91611

Normal. Sword and Story or something I think it's called?

>Meet an ex-soldier
>Tells me a story about how he wanted to get a pearl for his wife during the war but never did
>Romantic at heart, tell him I'll help him for sure
>We settle things together, meet him back at the tavern to get paid
Spoiler:
"So how did your wife like the pearl?"
"Don't know. She's in a coma. Thought the pearl would wake her up but it didn't."

Goddamn this fucking game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #91614

Bluespace wrote:keira
keira why
Spoiler:
WHY KEIRA
WHY DID YOU DO IT
I DIDNT MEAN TO LIFT MY SWORD
SHE JUST WANTED THE NOTES
I DIDNT MEAN TO KILL HER I JUST WANTED HER TO STOP TAKING HER NOTES
THEN I LOST MY TEMPER AND NOW SHES DEAD IN THE MUD ON FYKE ISLE.
have you not played any witcher game?

"I can't let you do that" for Geralt equates to "I'm going to fucking murderise you."

KOT FIND ME MORE OF THIS
[youtube]uraVELXy_Go[/youtube]
PLEASE
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Kot

Post by Kot » #91654

Oh yeah the, Dziewczyna Swarożyca. I like this one especially, I used it every time when pushing Catholics back in Ck2*. This one is more known, though they usually aim at more Folk Metal songs when it comes to playing outside festivals.

Here you have a playlist of theirs non-metal ones.

* I swear this shit makes me just sad, when I think about those distant times of history.
ALSO HOLY SHIT I STARTED LISTENING TO THIS AND SUDDENLY THUNDERBOLT FROM NOWHERE, I GOT PRETTY SCARED. PERUN PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, I AM SORRY.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #91661

ColonicAcid wrote:
Bluespace wrote:keira
keira why
Spoiler:
WHY KEIRA
WHY DID YOU DO IT
I DIDNT MEAN TO LIFT MY SWORD
SHE JUST WANTED THE NOTES
I DIDNT MEAN TO KILL HER I JUST WANTED HER TO STOP TAKING HER NOTES
THEN I LOST MY TEMPER AND NOW SHES DEAD IN THE MUD ON FYKE ISLE.
have you not played any witcher game?

"I can't let you do that" for Geralt equates to "I'm going to fucking murderise you."
Nah this my first witcher game.
So far all magic users are horny bitches, Geralt alternates between not caring and "WHERE CIRI", and will fuck anything that moves.
AND GHOULS.
GHOULS AND DROWNERS EVERYWHERE.
I play Boris Pepper.
Kot

Post by Kot » #91669

Bluespace wrote: So far all magic users are horny bitches, Geralt alternates between not caring and "WHERE CIRI", and will fuck anything that moves.
AND GHOULS.
GHOULS AND DROWNERS EVERYWHERE.
Welcome to pretty, serene world of Witcher where you go to pee and something violently murders you and your family won't even know what happened. Also endless sunshines. The amount of monsters and shit actually makes me wonder how those villagers manage to achieve adulthood. Also why the fuck Geralt was bitching that he is slowly losing his job, there is something to do in every village, come on.

Also all magic users are horny bitches because they aren't usually best looking before they learn to be sorceress. Yennefer itself was an ugly-as-fuck humpback, so it's not very suprising they want to fuck all the time.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91689

>complaining about too many drowners and ghouls
>hasn't played Witcher 1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU HAVE NO IDEA FRIEND

NO IDEA

Upgraded to Superior Griffin gear. Fucking swag as fuck it's like I'm a wizard that will also chop your fucking head off.
griffin master race.png
Stay Jelly Pleb-sine wearers.

I just burn bosses to death with Igni and nothing happens. It's fucking hilarious. Oh cool a Royal Wyvern or whatever yeah lemme just unzip my big fat magic dick and hose this asshole down yep yep yep

Lore Question though:
I know Visemer is a bajillion years old. Did he maybe found the Wolf school after having been taught by the Griffin school? I ask because there's a lot of design in the armor that's very similar to the shit he is wearing in this game and wonder if that's at all intentional or just cross-contamination of design.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #91690

No.
Wolf school and Griffin school are way older than Vesemir.
The reason Wolf School doesn't make any new witchers is cuz every other witcher bar Lambert, Eskel, Vesemir, Geralt and another fuckboi I forgot the name off died after there was a pogrom on the castle.
Vesemir didn't know how to make potion of the grasses since he was only a fencing teacher.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91698

Ah okay. Must just be similar assets then. The pauldrons and some of the spikes and studs are really similar to the stuff he wears.

So the Griffin gear is obviously geared for sign users, and the Ursine gear is for people who want to hack and slash it up in close.

What abilities is the Feline gear oriented towards, do you think? It's light so you get faster stamina regen, and it seems to be traited out for more attack damage. Characteristically it would be for stealthier, more agile witchers but it doesn't really seem as potent as the other two sets. At first I thought it would be good for people dipping into the alchemy tree more but I'm not sure if that attack buff actually helps bombs and things. Anyone playing around with that stuff?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #91702

Viper is alchemy afaik.
Feline is just light gear tons of stamina. The strongest fucking skill is that hold X twirl of death that you get by investing in the light attack tree.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #91745

An0n3 wrote:Ah okay. Must just be similar assets then. The pauldrons and some of the spikes and studs are really similar to the stuff he wears.

So the Griffin gear is obviously geared for sign users, and the Ursine gear is for people who want to hack and slash it up in close.

What abilities is the Feline gear oriented towards, do you think? It's light so you get faster stamina regen, and it seems to be traited out for more attack damage. Characteristically it would be for stealthier, more agile witchers but it doesn't really seem as potent as the other two sets. At first I thought it would be good for people dipping into the alchemy tree more but I'm not sure if that attack buff actually helps bombs and things. Anyone playing around with that stuff?
Speaking as someone wearing the Mastercrafted Feline Set, it's great for interspersing certain signs with sword attacks. You don't have the Sign Intensity to just hose shit down with Igni, but because of the faster stamina regeneration, you can throw out lots of Aard, Yrden, and Axii, the payoffs of which are not sharply affected by Intensity. What's more, the Bleed effect on the sword deals fuckhuge amounts of DoT, increasing the reward for making use of these crowd-control oriented signs.

It's less intuitive to use than the other gear, because it requires a mixed playstyle, and because of it's low protection from damage, but it's just as potent if you know what you're doing. Though, it REALLY helps if you have Fleet Footed Rank 5(Seriously, unless you have the reflexes of a pregnant yak, you will dodge EVERYTHING with that shit.)

Also, it would be nice if Lesser Red Mutagens weren't so fucking hard to get.
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #91761

Spoiler:
Who's killing Radovid here?
Spoiler:
I mean it'll pretty much mean Nilfgaard wins, and I HATE Nilfgaard, but at the same time Radovid's an absolute nutcase and he's going to get every NPC I care about killed.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91780

If you want lesser red mutagens head to Skellige and go fuck up a bunch of sirens. I'm pretty sure they've been the ones giving me those. Not certain though.

Earlier I was running through Novigrad just fucking around
Had my Superior Grapeshot grenade selected
Accidentally hit right bumper in the middle of a crowded street

[youtube]nS473EWbaiw[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91787

An0n3 wrote: Accidentally hit right bumper in the middle of a crowded street
PLEB!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!
ULTRA PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!!
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Balut

Post by Balut » #91802

Sounds like people ain't gonna learn to love Witchers that playthrough, Anon.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91855

Kot wrote:
An0n3 wrote: Accidentally hit right bumper in the middle of a crowded street
PLEB!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!
ULTRA PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!!!
I'm playing on PC and fuck you the game controls like total shit with mouse and keyboard.
It's bad enough even with a controller when you're trying to walk down stairs and Geralt either:

1) Clips along some trim on the wall and walks into the air over the staircase, then falls down and takes damage
2) Seems to trip over some weird invisible thing at the top of the stairs and then rolls all the way down, sometimes taking damage

Like come on though try playing the game with the default M+KB controls they're pure shit. ALT TO DODGE R U SRS
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91864

An0n3 wrote:Like come on though try playing the game with the default M+KB controls they're pure shit. ALT TO DODGE R U SRS
Alt to dodge is perfectly fine. At least you don't accidentally throw bombs into people.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #91870

the game is designed for controllers.
Enjoying it with my Xbox controller, though the controls are really fucking unresponsive in small increments.
The amount of fucking times I've fallen out of a bridge because a tiny movement of the stick amounts to Geralt turning and running a fucking marathon and jumping off the bridge.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #91879

He doesn't spin in place and then move in the direction. He starts accelerating forward and then turns like he's some kind of vehicle. If you face away from something and then immediately move the stick towards it full tilt you'll see what I'm talking about, he runs in a circle instead of just turning first and then moving towards the thing.

I've had a lot of near falls off cliffs and shit because of it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #91955

And here, where I use actual PC CONTROLS, I can turn in place and not give a shit about pleb problems.
EDIT:
SUCK IT!
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #92223

WHAT

WHAT
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #92231

Okay, I gotta say it: Alchemy tree is overpowered as fuck. The Superior potions are by and large overpowered as fuck. Superior Petri's Philter may as well be an I Win button- it causes Aard to knockdown 100% of the time, and Igni to apply Burning 100% of the time, in addition to a frankly ridiculous increase in sign damage.

It works like this: If you put points in signs or combat, you're good at one thing. If you put points in Alchemy, you're good at whatever you want to be good at as soon as you push R.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92240

Kot wrote:And here, where I use actual PC CONTROLS, I can turn in place and not give a shit about pleb problems.
EDIT:
SUCK IT!
>that face when the Baron realizes he's been dumbed down for consoles
Drynwyn wrote:Okay, I gotta say it: Alchemy tree is overpowered as fuck. The Superior potions are by and large overpowered as fuck. Superior Petri's Philter may as well be an I Win button- it causes Aard to knockdown 100% of the time, and Igni to apply Burning 100% of the time, in addition to a frankly ridiculous increase in sign damage.

It works like this: If you put points in signs or combat, you're good at one thing. If you put points in Alchemy, you're good at whatever you want to be good at as soon as you push R.
Here's what le digg says you should use

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kot

Post by Kot » #93623

TIL
People are having problems with Witcher 3 because everyone is white.
Like, come the fuck on, medieval europeish Slavic world where black person would stick out like a black man in medieval europeish Slavic world.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93811

People continually fail to grasp the concept of "low fantasy" and expect anything with the "fantasy" label to have no rules beyond the creator's different -isms.

You don't have non-whites in your fantasy game because you're racist, not because it's historically accurate.
Your characters call women bitches and whores because you're sexist, not because these are terrible people trying to stab you to death.

Forcing someone to include something in order for you to approve of it is a form of censorship.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: