Space Engineeros -PASs Dedicated server

Talk about video games here
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Space Engineeros -PASs Dedicated server

Post by peoplearestrange » #109654

So I like, have a space engineers server now. Dedicated n all.

I've made it whitelisted by a steam group, because, fuck random puppies coming along and smashing the shit out stuff with start ships. That gets real old real fast. This will probably be up until Sticky can run his server again or I dunno, we'll see.

Details:
[img]http://space-engineers.com/server/23981/banners/banner-1.png[/img]
Server:
[url=steam://connect/173.199.77.222:27025]173.199.77.222:27025 (click to connect)[/url]

My steam thing:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/peoplearestrange/ (PM on here so I know who you are to accept friend invite, so I can add you to the group)

Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/YCHinSpace

Some teamspeak thingy that people use:

109.169.18.162:10013

Game details:

Vanilla server
Map = Asteroids, 16 roids, 100km map boundary
Weld Multiplier = 10
Grind Multiplier = 1
Hack Multiplier = 0.33
Oxygen = yes
Perma death = no
Spawn ship delete = yes
clean up = yes
NPC ships = yes
Last edited by Vekter on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated info
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: SPACE ENGINEERS

Post by TheWiznard » #109662

cool stuff, I sent you a friend request "TheWiznard" I have that feels frog in a space suit picture
peoplearestrange

Re: SPACE ENGINEERS

Post by peoplearestrange » #109666

Gotcha PM, added and such.

Also making this its own thread and such.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Space Engineeros -PASs Dedicated server

Post by Incomptinence » #109800

So why exactly is grinding a 1X multiplier?
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #109820

Well, quick grinding can make some quite bad boarding actions possible, and it makes NPC ships almost too good source of income. But that is just my theory.
Also, does "Hack Multiplier" mean refinery speed?
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #109849

Grinding speed in slower (well normal) to prevent stupid boarding tactics and other devious stealings.

Hack multiplier is what further reduces the blue line (owner line) to where you have to grind down to change ownership. Again to slow down/stop stealing.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #110240

We now have Procedural generated asteroids! And a 100km map.

I'm not sure whats causing the random FPS lag spikes though, but it seems to be associated with a full mining ship coming near a gravity gen, might have something to do with the update that caused cargo containers mass to change with whats inside them.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #110254

That update was one of the crappier ones out of Keen.

I haven't played in months though, is it toggleable or are you forced to deal with it?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #110295

I turned it on, required adding an extra line to the save file.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #111455

fucking bump

actually thinking of sticking this

173.199.77.222:27025 is the current teamspeak
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #111543

Whos teamspeak is that? I'll add it to the OP for clarity.

EDIT: you just copied pasted the servers IP... I guess you mean 109.169.18.162:10013 which you wrote in the other thread.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111589

Fucking durr. Yeah, that's Sticky's new teamspeak.

I'll be on after work tonight to revolutionize your mining operation.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #111671

Ill be on as well!
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #111691

I might be on to mess around some later this week.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #111693

>pvp not allowed

riiiiiiip

you shame the spirit of /tg/station game groups. to find new ways to murder each other in spess.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #111757

Pvp isn't forbidden it is just unlikely in a white list server where 90% of people join the same faction.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #111766

Incomptinence wrote:Pvp isn't forbidden it is just unlikely in a white list server where 90% of people join the same faction.
You say that like you don't know me
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #111767

Incomptinence wrote:Pvp isn't forbidden it is just unlikely in a white list server where 90% of people join the same faction.
This.

No ones said it isn't allowed. But to be honest the largest faction of three (which we're armed to the teeth) isn't exactly war like.

I'd also like to think people would show a bit of sportsmanship and not raid when other people are offline. Besides it being easy it also isn't really PVP. Plus space dog fights are way more entertaining that just griding the computer parts out of an enemys cargo bay.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111816

For some reason the loud CLONG when you put a part down doesn't play for me anymore.

It's kind of annoying.
Spoiler:

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #111825

That only happens when you start welding it. I don't think it makes a sound when you place down a "blueprint"
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111917

It used to make a very satisfying sound when you placed a block frame.
Spoiler:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #111920

Yeah you'd get a metal on metal TONK sound
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111980

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys wouldn't saw the shit out of my WIP ships for whatever reason, at least not without asking me. I'm available damn near 24/7.

E: This dropship is fuckin' rad

>Grind multiplier = 1

Can we pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase turn this up, it's fucking killing me
Spoiler:

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #112036

Oh shit sorry I didn't realise that was your ship :/ I was free floating around the hanger and people kept flying into it. So I thought it was scrap.
Terribly Sorry.

Also yeah the drop ships and the attack ships are really nicely designed, by Pixelated.

Grind multiplier is down, as i've said before, to keep from people easily hacking/grinding into enemy bases or ships. If we were saying no PVP i'd up it, but as it is the grinder and jetpack basicly become the strongest weapon in the game against ships or bases.

If you've got a lot to grind down make a grinding ship (there should already be a small one).
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #112115

Updoot da serber plix
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #112220

Done :P
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #112236

> WHITELIST
> LOW GRIND

Seriously? How do we fight the pubbies and trash everything with style if no pubbies allowed?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #112294

If fighting pubbies wasn't just:
>SPAWN SHIP
>FULL SPEED CRASH
>REPEAT

then maybe I'd think about a non whitelist server. Seriously the first day was open and I must have banned around 6 or so players who spent the whole time just ramming our shit with starter ships. Even if you get setup and get turrets a full speed wreck still causes shit tones of damage, and they're free ships, that they can just respawn over and over. I have no idea why SE has attracted so many trolls but it gets really old really fast.

The point of NORMAL grind is so we can actually PVP without just flying really close, ejecting and trying to get that two grind hit on the cockpit to be a GGNORE, which also gets really boring really quickly.

We can fight each other and shit, christ we do it enough on the forums with words, why not take up arms and do it in space?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #112312

I am pretty sure that respawn timers on ships can be increase and the respawn ships available changed.

Oh having more connection problems now are we changing host because the current one it bad?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #112538

Incomptinence wrote: Oh having more connection problems now are we changing host because the current one it bad?
Yes, changing at the end of the month/till I get fed up (subscriptions already cancelled)
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #112949

peoplearestrange wrote:If fighting pubbies wasn't just:
>SPAWN SHIP
>FULL SPEED CRASH
>REPEAT

then maybe I'd think about a non whitelist server. Seriously the first day was open and I must have banned around 6 or so players who spent the whole time just ramming our shit with starter ships. Even if you get setup and get turrets a full speed wreck still causes shit tones of damage, and they're free ships, that they can just respawn over and over. I have no idea why SE has attracted so many trolls but it gets really old really fast.
It's possible to set up custom preset spawnships. Some hosts set up a spawn ship with less mass and thrust to try and help the issue of respawn kamikazes.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #112998

I'm kinda happy just keeping it whitelisted. Maybe we could do a "public day" event when we're all online and we can just fite anyone that comes on?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box