dungeon fighter online

Talk about video games here
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

dungeon fighter online

Post by Deitus » #114745

totally not a shill thread i swer on me mum

dfo is a game i've been playing for a little over 5 years now, its pretty awesome and the only game to hold my interest that long, my no. 2 favorite game of all time (3 being earthbound and 1 being ss13). came out originally via nexon but they dropped it (dont even get me started), and recently their parent company neople picked it up for a global release. its pretty fucking popular in korea and china (where it is known as dungeon and fighter)

some factoids:
-side-scrolling beat em up style dungeon format, no autoattack or that kind of thing
-the highest grossing mmorpg in the world, yes even above WoW (sauce: http://xmmorpg.com/articles/top-10-high ... ames-2014/ )
-pvp is considered a fairly high-tier esport in korea, pretty competitive
-we are currently behind on updates from the eastern versions, but the devs are releasing content regularly (usually every ~2 weeks) and have weekly events
-13 different classes to play (yes, the male and female versions ARE different in terms of stats, gameplay, and skills) with most having 4 subclasses to choose from, which can later advance into an "awakening," and even further on advance to the second "awakening"
-not pay2win, but your typical f2p "makes things easier/faster" stuff in the cash shop for reasonable prices (imo)

gameplay videos:
[youtube]78g0aATVfjo[/youtube]
[youtube]boKgMN_WH-4[/youtube]
[youtube]GvDt3WLBhvU[/youtube]
[youtube]26NXVvhb_OY[/youtube]

and finally a link to the official site: http://www.dfoneople.com/

IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY IT, PLEASE NOTE: there is a system in place called "fatigue," which you have a finite amount of before it resets every day. WHEN YOU START OUT, THIS WILL GO QUICKLY, BUT KEEP COMING BACK. soon it will take much longer for you to burn through it all, and its a good way to start some alts anyway since all the classes/subclasses are so diverse. you wont be the first to think its a silly system, but its something that it always has and always will have, so the community is past it.

ive spent a lot of time introducing the game since its not entirely well-known, but perhaps there are others who played/play it here?
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Re: dungeon fighter online

Post by Balut » #114751

I played this when Neople first put out its rerelease. I have a shitty Witch. I stopped because I'm a dumb asocial person and didn't want to party with randos, but all my friends that play it were like a billion levels above me.

I stopped at like level 30 or 40 or something. I just finished the Drow quests I think and was about to fuck off to the Leviathan or whatever.

Clara and the Chessboard have the best fucking music why can't I just play that level forever.

Also sapping my interest was that it looked like I was about to get into the derpy skills, like the furnace and the ice car and shit. Those are dumb, broom is best. WOO!
[youtube]30oaBxsKoFE[/youtube]
Screamwitch combowitch bestwitch.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114789

you might consider getting back into it, it would be a ways away but the second awakening for witch its pretty fun i hear
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #114801

Have they removed the shitty stamina system yet?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114818

Saegrimr wrote:Have they removed the shitty stamina system yet?
Deitus wrote: IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY IT, PLEASE NOTE: there is a system in place called "fatigue," which you have a finite amount of before it resets every day. WHEN YOU START OUT, THIS WILL GO QUICKLY, BUT KEEP COMING BACK. soon it will take much longer for you to burn through it all, and its a good way to start some alts anyway since all the classes/subclasses are so diverse. you wont be the first to think its a silly system, but its something that it always has and always will have, so the community is past it.
no.

to be honest im kind of glad this is in place now that i have a bunch of characters near cap, i barely have time to make it through all my bars in a day :honkman: