Haven & Hearth 2

Talk about video games here
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Haven & Hearth 2

Post by ColonicAcid » #115120

I'm making a village.
It's coming out on friday.
If you want to join give me your skype I'll add you to metagame chat. we're going to raid brazilians and russians. Or get raided by them, either way, survival of the fittest.

oh and a video

[youtube]KmXKmBUn7VU[/youtube]
crack is whack but smacks got your back
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Re: Haven & Hearth 2

Post by DrPillzRedux » #115123

It still has that shitty combat system. I was in one of the most robust tribes but I still hated that shit. Literally WHY.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #115132

DrPillzRedux wrote:It still has that shitty combat system. I was in one of the most robust tribes but I still hated that shit. Literally WHY.
I actually liked it, Especially after movement combat changed.
sure it was hard to get used to at first, very difficult to learn, but once you do master it and put in the time you could beat down people with higher stats than you who hadn't put in the time if you lured them into an outbox.

I was murder incarnate my second world with /tg/ It helped that we allied with the goons, but we got into our own shenanigans, I still remember when those polish asshats sold us bum ore, I left a bear by their front door, then watched from 6x zoom as it got brought in, then left two bear and a boar, and the fools opened the doors to drag em in, I rushed in and got glitched halfway in the door, clickspammed in and went on a motherfucking murderspree, After everyone was either dead or logged off I started mining, until the chief and two douchebags came down to fight me (One barely counted he just had a sling) I fought em, murdered them too, even though they gave me a bit of trouble, I managed to kill the weaker one and rebuild enough to build the advantage on the chief and finish him off with a vstrike from a stone axe of all things

I mined up two large chests of ore for one boat, looted up two more and boated to an alt to help me move my prizes back into the village. shit was the best.

But I do miss the pre-deltacap (Delta is the stat that modifies how much attack/defense you get from stance based on the difference between the two fighters weight) You used to be able to piss off ants to give you a big boost in fights, and the delta was so large that you'd punch and be able to immediately re punch at full attack by their moves charging you like a battery, I got into a big standoff with some doucher from brogdar and CDT a passing boar to charge me up and help me finnish the fucker who had sweet fucking armor and HP so I couldn't kill him quickly and he kept running like a little bitch when he realized I was winning.

Once you learned the system it was oh so rewarding, No longer having to take so long to kill a bear with glitches, not having to take twenty minutes of prep time surrounding a troll with alt corpses to trap him so you could kill him, shit was great. I plan to relearn the new system soon, and hopefully dominate the early game as I have in the past, But I'll be joining any village that isn't colonic acids to do it.

That being said, to help you dudes avoid the past mistakes of former /tg/ villages, Don't form a satellite village for contributors, anything worth doing is worth doing for the village as a whole, a chick named pippy did that, and it was badwrong for many reasons, namely because it was just a ruse to form a new village with all the useful people she deemed worthy, and leave the 'main' village a cold ghost town so the people who had crossed her would quit out of boredom or seclusion.

Early game, when trying to meet up, if two bull headed individuals find good secluded recourse rich areas worthy of being settled, prioritize don't splinter, we ended up with two villages Bearcrest near a lake, and bear... can't remember, but it was in a mountain waaaaay away, and the doucher earned us a very bad name by recruiting a plant from the forum who killed in the area and brought unholy vengeance on us both, then later just up and decided to kill two of our farmer nooblets who were visiting, and I had to put him down.

Support yourselves, We had a lot of people who 'just wanted to cook' or just wanted to make the cheese, And that's fine, but you gotta figure out the LP system and earn the points you need to get there, The explorers of bearcrest put a lot of godamn effort getting their Perc-EXP up to find all the LP generating stuff, and they were fine aiding people to get an early start, but your first character should be built for generating LP for your main, to at least take some of the burden of building up a chef/farmer/fighter off of the community.

that being said Support eachother, If someone is generating LP and has a main that cheezes/farms/fights, it's not a problem if they lean on the guy that sausages/hunts/explores This is why villages are villages, you shouldn't have to learn how to make cheese if you don't want to, and you should still be able to enjoy cheese made by the people that do guilt free. Just be sure you contribute in other, non hypothetical ways, hunting, Curio surpluss(lp) etc etc. Just be sure that you are the main source of your own LP generation after you have built yourself up enough to be, don't be that asshole who uses a fuckton of XP curios building a silkfarmer who will never be able to generate curios, attributes are different of course, but LP is your responsibility, share and share alike, but don't take without giving unless you are taking it to make a character who can give.

Support your local warlord. when you have someone with experience in HnH combat, treasure them, feed them, and make sure they have all the tools they need to maintain a good threat level with the rest of the server, He might not even be online when you are killed, but if your village is capable of a strong retaliation against their weaker elements you are much less likely to be attacked at all. I maintained a warrior with a LP generating alt, but I barely got good food first world due to my lack of meaningful contributions in the food market itself, My Unarmed grew, but my agility constitution and strength barely trickled by, Until I got to the point where I could hunt my own meat by hand, which took much longer because my attributes suffered. Point being, had I had the support I needed for my attributes, I could have contributed much sooner in the meat/sausage industry, and been able to provide overall defense much easier.
A special rule for fighters that must be kept in mind, ever point spent on cooking to make my own sausages is a point I cannot spend on fighting stats, slowing my progress overall, and could easily lead to death. So those with an interest in cooking/survival should be happy to process fresh kills, this is less important later on when each UA could buy 30 of something else, and you have a little more wiggle room to buy butchery skills.

Next applies mostly to early game, Get the new rage skill as quickly as possible. skip murder for a while, because if you face off with someone who bought murder, and you put those same points into UA instead, guess who is going to end up on the ground? the same could be said for those who bought rage, vs more UA, but really it's worth the versatility of killing some faggot troll trying to break all the crates in your unclaimed caveman hovel.

Good luck, god speed, have fun.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #115133

I promised myself never to go back to that boar filled hell.

NEVER AGAIN.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #115161

In a group of like 25+ people, never played the first one but excited to play this right at launch.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #115186

one time I got beaten up by a boar so badly I had to sit in a shed naked and covered in leeches for an hour or so to heal the hard hit points
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #115208

I lost a terrifying amount of time to the first one. Living up the hermit lifestyle, with my little river fort. Traveling across creation in my boat looking for abandoned and/or unguarded settlements and stealing all the cheese.

It got to the point where I was so terrified of getting wrecked that I'd dream about it, then wake up and realize all the progress I made/lost in my dreams didn't stick.

So yeah, fun, but NEVER AGAIN
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #115209

Haven is a nice concept, but the combat is god tier awful (I could not design a worse combat system if I tried).

Also the curio unbounded quality system are kinda bad.

Things were a lot more fun when it was simple and you simply got xp for doing shit and a leather armour was just a leather armour regardless of how 1337 the leather was that you used.

Actually enjoyed world 1 the most.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #115528

Servers are WAAAY to overloaded right now.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #115534

it's pay to play now.
I play Boris Pepper.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #115535

theyre cucks

absolute cucks
fucking sweden
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #115537

What is this pay structure? Jesus Christo this is complicated. I'm just going to parse this out here so I can understand it.

You start with 48 hours of "Play Time" and get 12 hours of "Play Time" every month. As far as I can tell "play time" is time spent logged in and might(?!) not include time while you're logged in but afk.

48 hours a month is roughly 96 minutes a day, if you're playing much more than an hour and a half every day you're going to run dry. Looking at the long game the 12 hour refills means that if you want a SUSTAINABLE free account you would have to limit yourself to 24 minutes a day of gameplay, which is balls. You can mitigate this a bit by "drawing down" your initial 48 hours, for example if you played an hour every day you wouldn't actually run against the "Play Time Limit" until day 72. Of course once you GET there you're still just as fucked.

You can pay them 15 bucks for a one time verification, you get 24 "Play Time" once, and your monthly tithe of play time goes up to 24 from 12. That means that if you run out of time you're still regulated to a pretty crap 48 minutes of gaming a day. If you regulated from the start having paid for this you could play an hour a day for 204 days straight.

Then you can buy "Game Time" which is real time "play time" that lasts x months. Every day you log in at least once it ticks down a day. It's apparently in game tradable because someone has a boner for eve online. The price points are pretty nuts: 15 bucks for 1 month, 39 bucks for 3 months (13 a month), 66 bucks for 6 months (11 a month), or 108 dollarydoos for a year (9 a month). Unless you're playing to play for hours every day, this is pretty hard to justify.

You can also just straight up play them for cosmetic hats because of course you can

FINALLY you can do a subscription based thing where you pay them to play unlimited for a length of time. $10.00 for a month, $27.00 for 3 (9 a month), $48.00 for 6 (8 a month), or $72.00 for a year (6 a month). This is straight up a better version of the other "real world time" based option. The only down side is that if you leave for a long time you'll waste what you bought. Also they give you a hat for this because of course. You can also pay them MORE for no goddamn reason other than to get a cooler cosmetic sat.

---

MY ADVICE:

If you are going to commit to this game: don't spend any money at first and when you run up against the paywall buy a year subscription ($72) unless you're absolutely casual and playing like almost never, in which case just buy the verification and live off that.

If you are a cheepskate: register your account now, then forget about the game for like a year, and then come play when you've accumulated so much time that you're likely to get bored of the game long before you burn it all.

If you're an idiot: Buy game time

This is ridiculous
Last edited by Incoming on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #115539

its gotta be a joke

gotta
be
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #115544

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 48&t=39713

There is so much salt, it almost balances out how terrible this model is

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #115551

There is a $300 hat you can buy in-game that you lose if you die.

THREE HUNDRED SHEKELS

AND YOU LOSE IT

FOREVER
O
R
E
V
E
R
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #115586

well hyping a relaunch and forgetting to mention the game goes from f2p to p2p with that relaunch sure is a good way to get PR.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #115588

DrPillzRedux wrote:There is a $300 hat you can buy in-game that you lose if you die.

THREE HUNDRED SHEKELS

AND YOU LOSE IT

FOREVER
O
R
E
V
E
R
Hilarious.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #115593

Jesus Christ.
Do they think this is WoW or some shit?
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #115594

10$ a month for an indy game in alpha, kek.

Nothing wrong with monetizing indy games, but this implementation is just a huge blunder and completely amateuristic.

In fact this falls perfectly in line with the rather dubious design decisions they have made in the past (and their completely failure with Salem).

Ohw well, Haven wasn't that great anyway.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #115601

If you want to play old haven you have to buy a verified account now.

Full scam mode.

a correct post by pillz
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #115604

Why don't they just go with normal retail? They can't honestly expect to make more money with this shitty, overpriced subscriber system.
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #115635

Terrible way to get money.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #115641

I'm enjoying the news of this trainwreck

Also if it still has the curio system, it was doomed to fail anyway
Dev is a complete and utter tard
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #115649

jorb wrote:
TablerTurnip wrote:
jorb wrote:It is what it is.
"It is" going to lose you the majority of your playerbase. ;)
In that case: At least we tried. ;)

Considering the playerbase we had before the launch I'm not sure I feel I have much to lose.
THE BREAKDOWN IS REAL

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #115809

Lets just leave Haven with the other games that have a nice concept, but are utterly ruined by implementation choices made by incompetent developers.

I would say the bare minimum of competence needed to see this was a bad way to handle this in advance is pretty fucking minimal.

Meaning their competence is below pretty fucking minimal.
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #115848

Also FYI my "not playing until I have a ton of hours saved up" plan doesn't work either, it only recovers up to 12 hours a month, if you already have more than that, you get nothing.

Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #115939

If the guys in charge of this had any sense, they'd realize that their consumerbase from the original H&H is made up of Western and Russian teens and young adults likely making their way through school. Neither of which have that kind of money to drop.

If you want to really gouge people like that, you have to either go with the pre-teen audience who doesn't know any better and will beg their parents until they cave, or the 21+ audience who have jobs.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #116010

Pretty much that

The people who have the money to pay for it will likely just wait for something like Life is Feudal, play EvE, or one of the many other games with similar ideas

H&H was nice mostly because it was free, so it was easy to pick up, and hard to justify not trying out when a group of a community you know says "Hey, lets make a village in this"