TF3

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Overwatch

Post by Timbrewolf » #176486

Bottom post of the previous page:

It's another "An0n3 and dezzmont argue about the meta in a videogame like spergs" episode
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #176622

the meta is pick bastion and win because even if he does hav e counters none of the blizzdrones fresh off daiblo 3 and hots have any idea how to play a video game
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #176657

An0n3 wrote:It's another "An0n3 and dezzmont argue about the meta in a videogame like spergs" episode
Hey, I enjoy our spergy debates. Sometimes you even beat some sense into me, like how I put like 15 single heatsinks on a centurion in MWO.

I think you have a real point in terms of him really not being a sniper and most people utterly not understanding what he does. Like you said, he is about dueling people and getting a kill or two before popping out, and most people into his cool hyper-accurate gun are going to want to actually play Soldier instead.

I just don't think he is weak. He can delete people up close and has a decent amount of poke, and his ultimate is potentially the most impactful in the game if used correctly because it shuts down a fight, he just trades mobility and protection for it and has downtime between his ambushes.

Sure. Reaper is going to just outright mess up the backline if your opponents aren't aware of you way better than McCree, and Soldier will outfight him at any range but the closest, but he is versatile and his ulti is better than almost all of the attacker ultimates.

The reason I think that people would riot if he got buffed is because he is the only character with a real on demand CC effect in a game where mobility or active defenses are how you survive. Especially on the offensive and defensive characters McCree can just demolish a high threat target and allow the team to push, he is one of the only real hard counters to Genji and Tracer for example, and he can down Reinhardt's shield instantly if he just pops behind it for a moment. McCree's main job is to throw firecrackers in people's faces and piss them off, the poke and hammer fanning is really incidental. I doubt they will ever buff him after what happened to Mei, who is the most comparable character to him as a 1v1 flanker-ambusher with no real mobility and who wins via hard CC. After her buff to freeze time she has become enormously unfun to play with and against, and McCree was recently nerfed for having too much damage on top of his CC.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #176690

Reaper and Mei are my favorites because they have 'panic buttons' that turn them invincible and heroes with that are the epitome of casual like myself

McCree has one too, to an extent
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #176696

I don't mean to say McCree is garbage, I enjoy playing as him, but people complaining about him shitting all over them are just as bad as people complaining about Bastion.

If you want someone to point a finger at as "Hey maybe something is going on here" look at either Mei or Hanzo.

A really good Hanzo sets up on a bottleneck, throws his scout arrow out, and just shits on everyone who comes out into the open without them knowing it's coming. You have to die to this maybe multiple times before you realize what is going on and begin to form a counter strategy. You can't walk out, notice this is happening, and then retreat to try a new approach. You die as soon as you round the corner if the Hanzo is good enough, then thankfully the kill cam might give you some clue as to what's going on. At least with widowmaker it's a battle of reflexes. Can she line up the shot and get you before you see her and start dodging/fall back? With Hanzo that arrow is already in the air as you walk around the corner. GG. After you've figured out where the kill-line is you could switch to someone like Tracer or Reaper, dash/glide over it to throw off his aim, and then pursue him. Then again if he's using sniper basics 101 he's changing position periodically so it's not a guarantee.

Mei isn't bad by herself. When a team stacks up on her is when the game utterly falls apart. In TF2 multiple Pyro's hosing you down don't stack the on-fire damage. You are on fire once, taking DOT from that, and then the actual fire spray from the different Pyro's does some damage too, which does stack. In Overwatch, the freezing effect from multiple Mei's DOES stack, which causes people who they focus fire on to become frozen stupidly fast. This is imbalanced as fuck, as it takes a team of 3+ Mei's less time to freeze or refreeze you then you spend frozen, allowing them to lock you down while juggling multiple threats and ultimately killing everyone. There's no real counter-play here, having more than one Mei means there will always be someone with a fresh ice barrier to throw down when you start trying to out-range them. Anytime one gets hurt too badly they can ice up while the other two continue to lockdown anyone getting close enough to be a threat.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #176722

paprika wrote:Reaper and Mei are my favorites because they have 'panic buttons' that turn them invincible and heroes with that are the epitome of casual like myself

McCree has one too, to an extent
If you like panic buttons, give D.Va a try. If you turn around a corner and run into a deployed bastion, you can hit E to activate your defence matrix and he won't get a single hit on you while you retreat. And if shit hits the fan, hit shift to activate your jets and just fly the fuck out of there.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #176842

Don't forget the bonus McCree's flashbang has of cancelling some ults

Reaper is going to cry if he gets flashbanged just as he presses Q
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #176924

As far as i can see looks fun. What character would you suggest for a valve style shooter player? manly GO.

Soldier 76 Looks good for mag dump jungler, taking risky picks on low hp pool supports, with front-line support powers for when you need to move the cart or something.

Mercy looks like the find a but-buddy quick fix medic with crazy movement powers and krizkrege on demand.

Torbion looks like an enginer knockoff.

Bastion looks like Trollbot.

Mei is over-buffed atmos tech and one of her costumes literally looks like it. Also best waifu.(Shes not fat, shes short and in a puffy coat)
Spoiler:
Last edited by Supermichael777 on Mon May 16, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #176926

Widowmaker.

Widowmaker for all questions.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #176945

Supermichael777 wrote: Mei is over-buffed atmos tech and one of her costumes literally looks like it. Also best waifu.(Shes not fat, shes short and in a puffy coat)
Spoiler:

Apparently in her concept art she's quite stacked too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #176948

Mei's a shortstack. Nothing wrong with that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #176952

It's all insulation.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #176971

Local man in denial
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #176982

SHES BIG bONNED
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #176985

Supermichael777 wrote:As far as i can see looks fun. What character would you suggest for a valve style shooter player? manly GO.

Soldier 76 Looks good for mag dump jungler, taking risky picks on low hp pool supports, with front-line support powers for when you need to move the cart or something.

Mercy looks like the find a but-buddy quick fix medic with crazy movement powers and krizkrege on demand.

Torbion looks like an enginer knockoff.

Bastion looks like Trollbot.

Mei is over-buffed atmos tech and one of her costumes literally looks like it. Also best waifu.(Shes not fat, shes short and in a puffy coat)
Spoiler:
Valve style shooter as in TF2 or as in CSGO?

For CSGO I would say McCree, who plays pretty similar to someone wielding a hybrid shotgun-scout rifle. He wants to flank around and snap people in the head, but he cant really hold up in sniper battles. However he can also move in, flashbang a guy, and then blow them away.

For TF2 it would depend on your class. Sniper, Pyro, Demo, and Soldier have the most direct counterparts, while there basically isn't a heavy in this game save for maybe Bastion. Mercy is sorta like a medic but she doesn't actually make someone impossible to kill and she can't uber so she has no reason to just repeatedly heal the same person, she is designed to rapidly jump behind whoever is in trouble.

Torbion actually is really interesting because he is about as seperate as you can get from the engineer without ditching the signature turret. The engineer likes to play passive and set up nests that he constantly maintains. If Torbion plays like that he pretty much guarentees your team a loss. His turret only goes up to level 2 by default and he doesn't charge ultimate while sitting next to it and he can't get scrap. He has no support buildings, so he doesnt have any reason to fight next to his turret, especially because him repairing it without ulti won't allow it to survive concentrated fire. Instead he plays away from his turret, while still being in range of it, roving about the area like a greyshirt with a fireaxe looking for people to fuck up. His shotgun fires accurately at long range and is one of the most devistating close range weapons in the game, and his main way to support his team is to give them armor packs which serve as extra health.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #176986

dezzmont wrote: while there basically isn't a heavy in this game save for maybe Bastion.
Oh come on, there's a big russian who has a point and click damage beam just like heavy
That's got to be the most obvious direct comparison

Sure, it's an energy beam, but she's still slow as shit and just clicks people to damage them until they die
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #176994

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Local man in denial
Ey' man, I ain't disapprovin'.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177007

Engineer is kinda spread out across Torbjorn (turret), the forcefield lady (teleporter and miniturrets) and Lucio (dispenser)

Mei is like an antipyro, her weapon slows enemies down while the flamethrower speeds them up (in that they try to get away from you and to a medkit/body of water as soon as possible)

Spy is the odd one out, and even then McCreed with his gun is comparable to a Spy with the Ambassador
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #177025

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #177056

XSI wrote:
dezzmont wrote: while there basically isn't a heavy in this game save for maybe Bastion.
Oh come on, there's a big russian who has a point and click damage beam just like heavy
That's got to be the most obvious direct comparison

Sure, it's an energy beam, but she's still slow as shit and just clicks people to damage them until they die
I don't think anyone would call Zarya a heavy substitute. The heavy's primarily a set up character where as Zarya is more a poptart style artillery character.

She doesn't really have any gameplay in common with the heavy. Her 'damage beam' doesn't even come close to matching the carnage that the heavy does without a charge, and even fully charged its damage isn't very good, its a finisher for her alternate fire which is what you should be using most of the time. It also has a clip unlike the heavy, and its actually a rather restrictive clip regardless of your firemode, which means you can't just hold down the trigger.

What she really does is pop in and out of a fight using her beam to trade while her shield is up. She under no circumstances expects to get kills early in a fight, instead of just holding down the trigger on someone's face like the heavy she needs to get in cover as soon as her shield is down to wait for the cooldown to go down. All the while she is popping in and out of cover, something the heavy literally can't do, in order to land her AOE grenade ability for some free damage before startng up again. Once she gets to about 60 absorbed damage she mostly will stick to grenades exclusively unless you are at stupidly close range. If you are in the open and are fully charged you hop about firing the grenades and meleeing people to finish them off, again, somethign the heavy can't do.

Bastion is the clear heavy replacement because he mainly moves in, sits down, doesn't move, and just shoots people with a gun that has an insane TTK and kill potential per mag. He even has a god damn sandvitch. The main reason he isn't exactly like the heavy is because, save for his ultimate, he can't fight on the move at all, and plays a bit more like the actual engineer turret of the game.

If we are looking at someone who is big and fat and has a lot of HP and who just wants to get in your face and hold down the trigger Roadhog sorta is heavy-esque, but he isn't really going to do it for most heavy players.
Ricotez wrote:Engineer is kinda spread out across Torbjorn (turret), the forcefield lady (teleporter and miniturrets) and Lucio (dispenser)

Mei is like an antipyro, her weapon slows enemies down while the flamethrower speeds them up (in that they try to get away from you and to a medkit/body of water as soon as possible)

Spy is the odd one out, and even then McCreed with his gun is comparable to a Spy with the Ambassador
Its important to know though that no one plays like a passive nest engineer like in TF2. Torbjorn may have the most iconic part of the kit but on every level he is discouraged from sitting on his gun smacking it, and instead roams around near it looking to blast people in the head with an instant kill shotgun. Symmetria plays very agressively with her turrets, and uses them more like traps than anything else, she has to set up a bit out of the way and doesn't do much to prevent enemies from pushing directly onto the point. And Lucio's emulation of the dispenser is entirely passive and he should generally have it off half the time anyway while the team is starting a fight.

The Pyro actually does speed enemies up, you run slightly faster when on fire. That said Mei plays pretty much identically to a pyro: Know the map, flank around, block shots and movement, kill people from behind.

As there is no real engineer class, and because snipers have much better counters from attack heroes, there is no spy, not really. I wouldn't even say McCree plays that similarly to an ambassidor spy, like An0n3 said the gun isn't actually that amaizng at range, its just sorta notable that someone so lethal at close range has the option to poke. Reaper plays a lot like your classic camper spy, as does Tracer, they both play very agressively behind enemy lines and are exceptionally good at killing snipers. They both also can take out bastion and Torbjorn very easily as well.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177091

I noticed quickly that playing Torbjorn as the Engineer is not going to work very well, unless you're defending a specific point. Even then he has the same counters as Bastion in sentry-mode.

Overwatch is faster-paced than TF2, and Torbjorn is designed for that. You can put a new L1 sentry down every time it goes off CD, without having to spend scrap. It's not very strong but it is very annoying and a tremendous distraction. If your enemy prioritizes your sentry over you, it gives you the chance to flank them or retreat, and if your enemy prioritizes you over your sentry, let that extra DPS count and kill them before they kill you.

It's like a better implementation of the mini-sentry from TF2.
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #177096

There's no way she's that fat otherwise her head would be comically undersized for her body.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #177105

My only real complaint about the art direction in Overwatch is ALL THESE GIANT FUCKING MOON BOOTS

SERIOUSLY WHY
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177151

An0n3 wrote:My only real complaint about the art direction in Overwatch is ALL THESE GIANT FUCKING MOON BOOTS

SERIOUSLY WHY
I love big boots, dunno what you're complaining a-boot
Spoiler:
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177155

You need big boots to kick peoples asses.

In all seriousness, its just Zaria and Mei, probably both snow boots considering Russial and Antartica. everyone else has stylish shoes or is wearing power armor.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177174

Sad I cant wall-bang people with Widow-maker's rail-gun because INFRA-VISION. guess i just need to prefire people until I get perm'd.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #177182

You shouldn't wall bang to begin with because you have stupid mobility.

Abuse the shit out of it, keep moving after every shot. This isn't Counter Strike, whilst your weapon is a one hit kill to everything bar tanks you should play her more like a Hanzo than anything else.

Move around whilst scoped, your accuracy doesn't fall off, use your poison mine (it does a shit ton of damage and it kills tracer with just one if she doesn't warp back.) on cooldown into big groups of enemies.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #177194

An0n3 wrote:My only real complaint about the art direction in Overwatch is ALL THESE GIANT FUCKING MOON BOOTS

SERIOUSLY WHY
It's a blizzard thing man. You know that.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #177274

An0n3 wrote:Mei's a shortstack. Nothing wrong with that.
are you retarded
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177282

Spoiler:
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #177351

Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #177353

captain sawrge wrote:
are you retarded
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177416

I am actually willing to go off steam,

THAT IS HOW MUCH I WANT THIS.

Hopefully crates remain free. Not like Blizzard needs money anyway.

Origins edition looks to be milking WoW players, those nerds would totally shell out 60 bucks for a pet.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #177420

i shilled out the 60 bucks because blizzard are a good company.......
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #177422

also dva is the type of chick to drink hot6....

im the type of guy to also drink hot6....
tho real talk drinking hot6 was a dissapointment everyone always hyped it up i drank it and..... its watered down redbull.

thanks lotte
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177498

My wallet is now 40 Neo-Shekels lighter.

I don't feel bad pre-ordering because i know it isn't shit.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #177539

Supermichael777 wrote:My wallet is now 40 Neo-Shekels lighter.

I don't feel bad pre-ordering because i know it isn't shit.
ignorance is bliss
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #177541

An0n3 wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
are you retarded
dio you know wehat wthat wiord nmeans ior
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #177543

sawrge are you having a stroke
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177593

http://gfycat.com/FirsthandSkeletalCero EDIT: Fixed broken link

playing with first timers
Last edited by Ricotez on Thu May 19, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler:
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177619

The back story is screaming for a RTS but we all know blizzard don't make those anymore.

also seems like it's screaming out for 6vsHORDE coop plot missions. My bet is they'll do blackwatch missions with limited character rosters."We need you to break into this place, steal this data by holding the point, and come get captured for the handoff. Expect defense robots and talon agents/hanamura ninja so don't worry about the body count. make it look good, make sure we catch you, and make sure no one sees your face."

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #177812

Spoiler:
I JUST WANA FUG TRACER

M-M-M-M-MY Diiiiiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkk

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #177835

This game has so much delicious backstory in it.

Not huge on plot but that backstory. God damn.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #178327

There's only one girl in overwatch for me.

Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #178329

It's funny how many people in the game have artifical limbs.

McCree, Genji, Symmetra, Torbjorn, and Junkrat are all missing an arm.

You could say Genji is missing a lot of stuff but as far as animation goes you only ever see his right arm open up and reveal that it's a full prosthetic. There could be a lot more flesh and bone under the rest of him for all we know.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #178337

It's to fill the diversity quota.

Yes, you too can be a hero! Just get an extremely high tech prosthetic.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #178339

I think it has more to do with the fact the world's history recently had a massive war against what was essentially a small scale Eclipse Phase TITAN rebellion, and most of the characters with replacement limbs are either veterans of that war or in the case of Junkrat directly affected by it.

The odd people out are Genji, though the thematic relevance of his cybernetics are obvious, and Symmetra, who's limb is actually an interesting mystery rather than signs of a life of combat/mad maxing it up. I suspect she either chose or was forced to lose the arm as part of becoming an architect for the Vishkar Corporation. Considering they are a despotic megacorp trying to impose their will over downtrodden populaces and are willing to murder people to do it, chopping off a girl's arm to train her to build shit for them seems in character.
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #178562

Might have been a genuine accident. Vishkar seem like the type to have really lax safety standards on their highly weaponizabl gear, so accidentally putting a wall in your arm might be a legitimate problem.

also apparently she's mildly autistic/oc.

also also Mei apparently had the choice between freezing to death or freezing to death on purpose. Overwatch disbanded and apparently no one thought to check on the guys in the artic who didn't call back for 10 years.

There is most certainly more to that story. Hopefully best wifu is not the thing.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #178813

Party up tomorow? game drops at 7:00 EDT

My id is Supermichael

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #179010

It's hype noon.
Bring back papercult.

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #179014

Pretty excited. Now I don't have to play ss13.