Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Overwatch

Post by Zilenan91 » #181522

Bottom post of the previous page:

time to rap- reap.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #181523

Niknak there's something about that dead Pharah in the first one that I just can't stop laughing about holy shit why did that work so well.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #181525

i got a legendary skin
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #181526

Show us you fuck
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181565

widow and hanzo are my favourites

hanzo is just broken, the only weak ability he has is his ultimate which can just be side stepped and everyone usually scatters as soon as they hear jap.
widow is good though, i'll usually pick her when the enemy team have a mcree or pharah and just focus on destroying them every engagement.

tho tracer and like genji will fuck my shit up though, unless im hanzo in which i can one shot both with scatter arrow :^)

also whoever said that widow doesn't require twitch aim is wrong. yes, you can just shoot people super slow but when you have a mcree lining up a high noon you better swipe your crosshair on his head asap or your entire team can die.

how come the indians didnt beat the americans if this is the power of the bow and arrow???
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #181572

I've gotten some pretty wicked blind shots with Hanzo's ricochet shot thing. Shredded this one poor tracer that ducked out of my sight once with a fairly random "Why not" shot.

There was also this time I had a spot on a cliff above a widowmaker. Headshotted her. ... Then she was revived by their mercy... then immediately headshotted the second the golden glow went away.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181575

yeah im pretty good at getting headshots with just peaks and then hiding straight away.

thats one of hanzos most broken things, you can peak for like a millisecond, get a shot that will instakill someone and hide again with no repercussions

like atleast widow has to basically have a lower fov and can't just peak instantly and go back in, but hanzo just doesnt give TWO FUCKS
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #181589

I got 4 legendary skins.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181689

Hanzo is a lot better once you get the wolf skin because people at lower levels don't recognize the wolf callout as enemy because it's rarer to hear.

A good tip for using hanzo's ult is to try and catch enemies on the 'tail' of the dragon where the dragon comes out of, because they won't see it until they're already dead because it's coming out 'behind' them.

Generally though, you should try and flank the enemy team and shoot it through a wall where they don't see it coming and try to predict where they'll fall back to when they hear it so they have no path of escape. Works better on some maps than others. Don't blindly fling it onto the payload/capture point unless you specifically want to clear it for a team push.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181698

Generally good teams are going to just scatter regardless of whether or not it's normal hanzo skin. And to be completely honest in Korean they both are basically the same call out and it's still a global announce so yeah, I can tell instantly that hes sent out his ult.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181701

EUGENE NO KAYO KARAAAAAAAAAAAE
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181703

[youtube]I6w8ibg_kQ8[/youtube]
(18s)
that's what i hear
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181717

God the german voice actor doesn't even care
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181718

THE SPANISH EU ONE DOESNT EVEN SAY IT IN JAPANESE

HE JUST STRAIGHT UP SAYS IT IN SPANISH

LOL
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #181731

I often use hanzo's alt as a payload clearer yea, for some reason if you just disrupt the enemy with it, even if you don't kill anyone, it really helps with a push.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181738

[youtube]zn297sIlKQk[/youtube]

Here's a good and simple breakdown of armor by a guy who's content I enjoy despite not playing call of duty games. I'm really glad he's doing more games now because I really like his soothing southern voice and format.

A lot of this stuff was already outlined by the devs and by people figuring out how armor works but it's important to know just how effective armor is so people know to switch to reaper to counter reinhardt/dva.

This will also help explain why it feels like tracer is total dogshit against people sometimes when a torbjorn is on their team, torbjorn's armor pickups CUT TRACER'S DAMAGE IN HALF.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #181763

That's not southern
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #181803

NikNakFlak wrote:That's not southern
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #181809

I am so good as Junkrat what the fuck, I almost never played Demoman in TF2.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181810

He's from the south what the hell how is that not southern

What kind of accent does he have?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #181836

Not southern
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #181838

On top of the 20 something eliminations I had. Lucio is fire
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #181840

Lucio, widowmaker, and mccree are in the nerf ironsights right now
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #181861

I got the pre order and have all the new skins but I never play any of the characters except for tracer.

Also post stats, I normally get double digits in eliminations with a +4 kill. On good games I get 15 - 25 especially with hanzo or mc cree
Spoiler:
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #181862

My stats page does not look like that at all.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #181863

I think the only way to view them is if you log in to your account from the web site, can't view them like that in game.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #181879

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm really good at this
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #181914

paprika wrote:Show us you fuck
i got gold frog lucio and valkyrie mercy
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #181979

wew
Spoiler:
Lzimann's best friend.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181991

turns out im pretty good at hanzo
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #181992

I've only played like two hours since the game actually launched.

I guess I need to spend more time just rolling into pubs and less time hoping for invites.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #181995

Oh.

we can play today i guess.

hmu
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182001

An0n3 wrote:I've only played like two hours since the game actually launched.

I guess I need to spend more time just rolling into pubs and less time hoping for invites.
You are the mover and shaker here I think. Try inviting others or setting up a time.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182006

I'm going out tonight for boardgames but tomorrow afternoon/evening would be great.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #182032

I wish more people would recognize that Lucio is a group healer and staying near me will heal you passively all the time. Instead i got people scattering avoiding the payload like the plague.
Lzimann's best friend.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182045

yeah that's what bugs me about Lucio

i like him though he's fun, i'd be his friend even though he's a manlet
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #182047

Starting to branch out into torbjorn and junkrat, both of them are awesome. Played a lot of demo back in TF2 but junkrat has so much more close range utility between his shift and E abilities, not to mention infinite grenade spam forever
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #182078

all day erry day
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #182086

i dont think ive ever seen a reinhardt get potg, how did you manage that?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182108

>be reinfart
>dva boosters and self destructs right in front of my enemy team
>my shields down and my team is scattered
>charge that shit back towards the enemy team and it blows up the dva player

yay
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #182117

easy.
hit a 5/6 man ult that ends up in the enemy team dying and you get a reinhardt play of the game.

also when im playing my first round of the day and my aim is all fucked up but i somehow get play of the game and the entire server gets to see me miss 1/3 of the shots as widow/hanzo.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182247

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:I wish more people would recognize that Lucio is a group healer and staying near me will heal you passively all the time. Instead i got people scattering avoiding the payload like the plague.
I wish when I was standing behind someone healing them as Mercy and keeping them stable while they fight a group, they wouldn't suddenly chicken out and run behind me, so now they're running away at full health while I'm chasing after them and the entire group is trying to buttfuck me.

It's your duty to die first you fucking coward. I can resurrect you holy shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #182250

I take objectives super easy as Lucio, he's a pain in the ass to hit and i can blast people away.
Lzimann's best friend.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #182275

Given how telegraphed Hanzo's ult is, I've found it more useful as an Area Denial tool rather than for actually getting kills. Hell my most recent play of the game on Hanzo was three rapid kills with two headshots and a two-body hit kill.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182281

Lucio's only the group healer when the group is doing what it should. He is considered top tier because he can switch to the speed buff and solo flank when needed, and if the team is a mess, its generally better to win via dueling 1v1 a couple times behind enemy lines to force the game to be a 5v3 scenario. He also plays the objective really well, meaning he can do basically anything needed if you are being an air breather.

What really pisses me off are Mercys who heal the wrong character or never switch to damage when we aren't taking fire. Don't heal the Reinhardt, buff the Soldier 76 behind him you asshole.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #182298

I got Winston's 'Explorer' skin. Guess I gotta learn how to GO APE now.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182320

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182346

What is triage protocol?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182347

Hey guys let's join Overwatch and protect the world!

Yeah! This'll be great!

>10 years later
>Reyes dead
>Pharah's mom MIA, presumed dead
>most remaining members of the original team visibly mutilated, missing limbs, eyes, etc.
>branded as terrorists/vigilantes
>most everyone's attitude has gotten more grim
>...except Tracer. Who is somehow still having the time of her life.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182356

Well the point is that Tracer is the main one with the correct attitude. Its why she is the mascot and why the game's tagline is her quote. "The world could always use more heroes."

Its also why I suspect the big 3 characters of the story are going to be Tracer, Lucio and McCree, they best represent that motto out of anyone. Lucio decided to be a hero in response to the world being terrible, and McCree decided to be a hero when he realized he himself was terrible.

It bleeds through in most of the other overwatch character's personal stories and videos as well, none of them really lost that sense of optimism in the end, and the game subtly pokes fun at how Soldier is taking shit way too seriously and is being a grimderp, how Reaper's worldview is a total joke, and how only Reaper is a true unambiguous villain because of his shitty worldview.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182362

I don't know how you can take a backstory like Widowmaker's and put a manic-pixie-dreamgirl spin on it.

Haha remember that time I got mindbroken and murdered my husband?
Let's all have fun shooting eachother over this pickup truck!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: